Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Trawling through every goddamn costume shop on the internet trying to find the Fran mask. I'm amazed no shop in Ireland has them. They'd make a bomb. Anyone any idea where to get one, cos I'd really love to get one for Halloween for the craic.

I thought that scene with Nidge and the son was actually a real touching scene. I always noticed that Warren seemed to be more aware that he wasnt from a normal family like other kids but it gave viewers the chance to show the more human side to Nidges character. I remember Nidge's mother featured in series 1 being the proud mother at her sons wedding and its interesting to see Nidges family life is being concurrently threatened alongside his 'professional life'. He is really being dragged from pillar to post. As well as that the death of Darren still haunts him that little bit

We had idiots in the media calling him one dimensional but i think the layers of Nidge the character are peeling away this series along with his empire

DazMarz wrote: »
    Trawling through every goddamn costume shop on the internet trying to find the Fran mask. I'm amazed no shop in Ireland has them. They'd make a bomb. Anyone any idea where to get one, cos I'd really love to get one for Halloween for the craic.

Your just going to have to knock a few of your teeth out and do a 'ging gang gilly gilly ging gang goo' dance when you go trick or treating ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

Whos' the guy that keeps trying to take out fran? first in toilet then with failed shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

arleitiss wrote: »
    Whos' the guy that keeps trying to take out fran? first in toilet then with failed shooting.

It was explained in the episode...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Fran rode his missus...

Fran apparently 'banged his missus' but im just thinking is it a cover story because the truth was worse?

Could Fran have maybe got one of his kids hooked on heroin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Great episode tonight... But I had a few problems with the plot...

i) Fran's recovery, from having his head smacked in to a wall and then in to a urinal, was far too quick..
    ii) Why did Fran not run away when he had the row with the guy on the road. He just waited around to be arrested apparently .. ??
    iii) The Hill Street Blues Gardaí.. Some of the actors are very poor.. And I dont like the way they are trying to turn the show in to The Wire.

On a positive note, I think the show is far better without Sheehan... All of the baddies.. Elmo, Aido, Franno, Nidge, Lizzie, the kid are all thoroughly believable...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I reckon there could be more to tge Fran story than meets the eye - he'd want it to look realistic if he was going to get close to Tommy on remand? Maybe not...just typing aloud.

I am enjoying the way series 4 is panning out so far lots of ways for it to twist.

If Nidge is to get whacked, there's no way it'll happen before the last episode in the series.

And it will be when we least expect it i reckon.
    Totally out of the blue like Stumpy's pop at Darren and Hughie shooting himself in series 1.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭sirgockster

i) Fran's recovery, from having his head smacked in to a wall and then in to a urinal, was far too quick..

He walked around without his teeth for half the episode, With blood coming out of his mouth, Many people have had beatings before and half hour later are walking about, We're talking about Fran he is hard as nails

ii) Why did Fran not run away when he had the row with the guy on the road. He just waited around to be arrested apparently .. ??

He was the victim, No reason to run and the last thing he needed was for the guards to look for him while he was going to see the dentist

iii) The Hill Street Blues Gardaí.. Some of the actors are very poor.. And I dont like the way they are trying to turn the show in to The Wire.

I think the guards bring some realism to the show and it's good to see how they track criminals down,I enjoyed how they let Elmo go, As the detective mentioned in the episode they don't want to send them down for little crimes they want to send them down for a long stretch, Sending Elmo down for an ounce is nothing they want to send them down for years

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

kilkenny12 wrote: »
    An onion you mean? An orange:rolleyes:

:P

Not the way i do it, although you'd need goggles for the onion :P

• Registered Users Posts: 23,521 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Great episode tonight... But I had a few problems with the plot...

On a positive note, I think the show is far better without Sheehan... All of the baddies.. Elmo, Aido, Franno, Nidge, Lizzie, the kid are all thoroughly believable...

2. He got hit with a bat and was in pain hence holding his stomach. He did nothing wrong shooting the guy was self defence

Fran did not shoot anyone,The fella after Fran shot his own mate

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭kilkenny12

And it will be when we least expect it i reckon.
    Totally out of the blue like Stumpy's pop at Darren and Hughie shooting himself in series 1.

Nidge won't be shot lads. He's the main man.

I hope Elmo doesn't get clipped either. What an actor.. Even though he is a true skanger:pac:

I actually don't want any of the gang to get shot, The likes of Dano can go, It will be interesting to see were they go with Tommy and Siobhan, Their is only so much crying Siobhan can do

• Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

The cop angle is extremely poor, acting is awful and it's like they prepped the it by watching a couple episodes of The Wire....cringey overall and in danger of ruining the show. I can see why they wanted to expand on a successful formula, but its just not believable thus far.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

That was some look Siobhan gave Nidge after Tommy's hearing?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭daysleeper

Does Siobhan know what Nidge did to Tommy? She seemed afraid of him in tonight's episode

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

daysleeper wrote: »
    Does Siobhan know what Nidge did to Tommy? She seemed afraid of him in tonight's episode

Probably not unless Tommy has told her, and thats if he remembers anything. She is most probably pi%%ed off at Nidge for dragging him out on a job knowing he was not well and now after all his time in hospital he is locked up.

• Advertisement

Perhaps Darren left a message on her voicemail.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭daysleeper

Perhaps Darren left a message on her voicemail.

Yeah that's a really interesting possibility... I was wondering about this last week too when Siobhan was in the interview room with the copper and he asked her if Tommy remembered anything and she answered with how Nidge had told him it was a gang of Nigerians that did it to him... Maybe I completely imagined this but it seemed like there was a bit of an understanding between them and it looked like they both knew who was really responsible... I'm not sure at all though, I'll have to watch it again!

The cops planted seeds in her head that it was Nidge in the first episode and on top of that they want her to help them bring Nidge down and she is in 2 minds to do it or not because she knows what he is capable of

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

She probably had her suspicions and then the cop hinted at it strongly last week when he was trying to get her to get Tommy to testify - when she said "they told me it was foreigners " the cop says "who told you that Nidge?" .

Fran was fairly eying up that dental nurse too wasn't he? :rolleyes:

The fact she questioned the Dentists call on a patient needing a crown suggests the dentist himself is on the take? or is he trying to find a fast way to pay of Nidge? I don't think that's his angle though because he set the patients next appointment for something like 6 weeks?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

I was doing it myself, She was quite tasty to be fair, Fran has taste

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Fran was fairly eying up that dental nurse too wasn't he? :rolleyes:

The fact she questioned the Dentists call on a patient needing a crown suggests the dentist himself is on the take? or is he trying to find a fast way to pay of Nidge? I don't think that's his angle though because he set the patients next appointment for something like 6 weeks?

His practice is going down the tubes, as explained by Nidge in the car to Fran. He's misdiagnosing patients for his own benefit.

Dempsey wrote: »
    His practice is going down the tubes, as explained by Nidge in the car to Fran. He's misdiagnosing patients for his own benefit.

Is that to feed his trips to the brothel I wonder? I doubt a few crowns would rescue his failing business? Our Nidge won't want to see the import side of his business fail either.

kilkenny12 wrote: »
    Nidge won't be shot lads. He's the main man.

I hope Elmo doesn't get clipped either. What an actor.. Even though he is a true skanger:pac:

Nidge, Fran or both could indeed prove to be Teflon Terry's which given the growing divide between them it makes life very interesting indeed. There was talk of doing a series based in prison next season so one or both could possibly be around at either side of the bars. The brilliance of this program is that you just dont know. I think the introduction of the cops gives an interesting dimension and the coup of Brían F O'Byrne was terrific.

I think Dano is in trouble though
    and this youngster that Lizzie is hanging around with could end up like the young joyrider from series 2 along with Lizzie herself. He just seems too much of a liability firing rounds in the middle of the day like that akin to the joyrider taking the Subaru out when he was told to burn it.

• Advertisement

When Nidge called to the house last week Siobhan practically blanked him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement