Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    I dunno, he kept looking in his mirrors, was really nervous, wouldn't get out to visit his very sick mother and then looked directly at them driving out....my guess is he saw them.

He never mentioned it afterwards which would suggest he didn't see them, we'll know for definite in the next episode. He's been basically on the run as it is, he was nervous sitting in the jeep in the car park before he went past them, never mind after.

The under cover guying doing the deal wasn't spotted.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

The dealer called him Heggo, he was definitely undercover.

Yeah but sure as soon as they busted yer man wouldn't that mean his cover was gone so his days as an undercover cop in the drug scene in Dublin are over?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,019 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Apart from the grey haired guy that went undercover at the start to make the drug deal?

he was undercover...then he was collected by the detective and recruited to take down Nidge and co...thus not being undercover anymore..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭mjv2ydratu679c

Some of the questions posted on this thread lead me to seriously question the level of intelligence in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

he was undercover...then he was collected by the detective and recruited to take down Nidge and co...thus not being undercover anymore..

Would be useful to go back undercover for the Nidge operation though no?

Not anymore...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Apart from the grey haired guy that went undercover at the start to make the drug deal?

He was definitely undercover at the start but when Moynihan picked him up he told him he was needed for something else. I don't think he's undercover for the Nidge operation, just standard surveillance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

youtheman wrote: »
    Heard one of the best put down lines ever by Nidge (to the timid cop):

"get in, ya stamerring fu*k"

I know it may have been a secluded spot but with the emphasis on the amount of CCTV portrayed at the start of the show was it not a stupid move to have the bent cop getting in to Nidge's jammer?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Not anymore...

He could get somebody else to do it, plus maybe the bent cop might come in handy in feeding Nidge disinformation.

I don't know how useful under cover would be at getting really close to Nidge though, he's not going to let some blow in anywhere near the center of things. Plus the chief said he doesn't have extra resources or over time.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Collie D wrote: »
    I've only seen seasons 1-3 on DVD and not on TV and I don't remember any soundtrack..or at least nothing memorable. I actually thought it was a new thing for season 4

No, they've been using big songs throughout - they just don't make it onto the DVDs then.

I know it may have been a secluded spot but with the emphasis on the amount of CCTV portrayed at the start of the show was it not a stupid move to have the bent cop getting in to Nidge's jammer?

Nidge and a bent cop would be no better men to know where the CCTV's are.

• Advertisement

Not anymore...
    but he just got promoted?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Lapin wrote: »

I just found out about this today...I was watching the episode last night with my wife and she said that undercover cop is the spit of Ciaran who does traffic warden at my kids school (I'm not going to name the school). She said she heard was a garda but didnt know he was undercover, espcially for infiltrating drug gangs

This has left me extremely annoyed and pi$$ed off that someone with this position has worked around a school when there were kids in the vicinity. Who knows who could have recognised him and started asking questions and what could have escalated from then...:mad:

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    I just found out about this today...I was watching the episode last night with my wife and she said that undercover cop is the spit of Ciaran who does traffic warden at my kids school (I'm not going to name the school). She said she heard was a garda but didnt know he was undercover, espcially for infiltrating drug gangs

This has left me extremely annoyed and pi$$ed off that someone with this position has worked around a school when there were kids in the vicinity. Who knows who could have recognised him and started asking questions and what could have escalated from then...:mad:
    what?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I see undercover busts nearly every day in work (love seeing them done tbh). The Gardaí aren't very quiet about staying undercover, you'll often see the same guy arrest the dealer.

It was jarring at first since TV/movies had pre-conditioned me to think that not being outed as undercover was a huge deal, but nah it's much more casual and immediate than that. So I thought the opening scene portrayed that really well, it felt very familiar, as did the entire montage that followed. I wish they'd focus more on the city centre, though, which is where a lot of this stuff goes on. But I'd say it'd be quite difficult to film there tbf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    No, they've been using big songs throughout - they just don't make it onto the DVDs then.

The songs are on the DVDs as well. Eg. England's Motorway and Night Visiting Song and so on.

I dunno, he kept looking in his mirrors, was really nervous, wouldn't get out to visit his very sick mother and then looked directly at them driving out....my guess is he saw them.
    he's paranoid...are you watching the show at all?

Well he did get arrested so he wasn't being that clever about things.

I hear ya. I heard he lives in a house too and that kids live nearby. Disgraceful behaviour that the cops don't lock him up in the station every night.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'm having some problems the way this season is going. I know it's early days, two episodes in, but you can kinda work in a bit of what is to come.

I think the show does miss Darren big time, as much as people seemed not to like the actor, the character was a pretty central role, even the writer himself has admitted it was difficult without the character. He was a pretty good anti-hero,and he seemed to be the gel to everything in the show.

I'm a bit worried at the moment where this is going. The show never held much realism for me in terms of the Dublin underworld, but it's getting a bit stretched at this point. I'm not sure where it's going, and I hope it keeps me interested, but at the moment it seems to be on the path of nearly trying to be a copycat to The Wire.
    If it starts down that path and the comparisons become more obvious it's going to fall flat on it's face. The acting outside some key characters is simply not strong enough.

I've been watching the show since it first aired, and I've kept my praise realistic, not along the lines of some people that it's the best thing on TV. The show is definitly weaker without Darren as a character, wether you like the actor or not. Needs a really strong season here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Well he did get arrested so he wasn't being that clever about things.

I hear ya. I heard he lives in a house too and that kids live nearby. Disgraceful behaviour that the cops don't lock him up in the station every night.

ya and now he's double jobbing keeping the poor unemployed actors out of work. Tis a disgrace Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

leggo wrote: »
    I see undercover busts nearly every day in work (love seeing them done tbh). The Gardaí aren't very quiet about staying undercover, you'll often see the same guy arrest the dealer.

It was jarring at first since TV/movies had pre-conditioned me to think that not being outed as undercover was a huge deal, but nah it's much more casual and immediate than that. So I thought the opening scene portrayed that really well, it felt very familiar, as did the entire montage that followed. I wish they'd focus more on the city centre, though, which is where a lot of this stuff goes on. But I'd say it'd be quite difficult to film there tbf.
    i encountered them at oxegen one year....one guy was staring at me from the front...to the point i actually asked him what he was looking at....then bang velociraptor style two came in from the side....crafty buggers!! Had know idea...well done gardai!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Jaysus will ya get off your high horse, he drove to the hospital with the the distinct intention of going into see his mother (why else would he drive there otherwise), then wouldn't get out, drove out and stared directly at Lizzie and the young lad as he went....so much so that she dived out of the way to avert her face....

The songs are on the DVDs as well. Eg. England's Motorway and Night Visiting Song and so on.

But are all the big songs by international artists that are featured on TV on the DVDs too? I doubt they could afford them all, but as I say - I haven't watched it on DVD so I don't know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Did anyone think it was strange in last night's show that Nidge was locked up but we never seen him interrogated? Made me think perhaps Nidge is going to do a Whitey Bulger on it i.e. become a grass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

The tension is building last night in Love/Hate. We saw the return on Tony, saying that he intends to get the most out of Nidge before doing him in (but Dano and Lizzie have other plans) plus a lot more of the cops.

Like others, I believe that Nidge's son will get shot by Wayne obo Dano/Lizzie. This is what we are leading up to here with the communion and scenes of Nidge's love for his son (as with JR Ewing, Nidge's love for his children is his weak spot). Of course, this will drive Nidge to take revenge and Trish? I've read that there is a 'darker side to Trish' in this series of Love/Hate and if her son dies, she may get involved in the gangland scene too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭sirgockster

Many seem to find it difficult to believe that the Gardai are involved, It was always going to be a slower pace, This series is all about the Gardai bringing down the gang, It's not rocket science that it will be slower, I'm enjoying the slower pace because when the s.hit hits the fan in the next 4 episodes it will make the wait even more worth while, You can't have someone like Darren going around shooting everyone in every episode

Makes as much sense as whatever the hell you were on about.
    Dots1982 wrote: »
    Did anyone think it was strange in last night's show that Nidge was locked up but we never seen him interrogated? Made me think perhaps Nidge is going to do a Whitey Bulger on it i.e. become a grass.

No. Definitely not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

He was driving around the city openly in episode one and frequenting known haunts like the brothel. 'Paranoia'? Sitting in a hospital carpark with his window rolled down?
    I think the poster has a point, he immediately went to the prostitutes house after the hospital and said he was a bit paranoid and needed to lie low, that was a fairly sudden descent into paranoia, why was he not hiding out before that? We seen him sitting at home with the kid and wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I hate the Rolleyes as much as the next guy, but if any post ever deserved it, it's your one with the traffic warden and school kids nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭sirgockster

I think it sends out the message he is not in the same place all the time

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement