Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭coloneldecker

This is pure sh!te so far, accents are awful and the dialog is even worse. I was lookin forward to this, cant believe how awful it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

If the sister loved him so much why did she not collect him from the prison?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Tony_Yeboah

Hands up all those who are only watching this for Aidan Gillen.

My hand is aloft!

Also for the main guy. He was in misfits on channel 4 and thought he was great in that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Are were we meant to feel sad at the funeral scene? I was laughing one more scumbag dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Was he not banging some young one?

Indeed he was, but English is a rich language, and there are many other ways to describe 'banging some young one"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

The blondie wan was made for crying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

''Imagine putting the wrong date on a search warrant!''

How convenient.

Has happened in real life more than once.:)

I'm the first (one of ) to take a baseball bat to anything RTE funds, facilitates or fondles.
    but lads, bit a nit pickin going on here. (which is fine, with reason.)
    so far this is the best RTE has funded or whatever in quite a while. Great opp for young Irish actors.
    Even good enough (so far) to send abroad! (never thought i'd say that bout rte)
    And the crims are getting even more sinister looking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Namabillion

My hand is aloft!

Also for the main guy. He was in misfits on channel 4 and thought he was great in that.

Robert Sheehan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 focusfan

"couldn't eat with your man in the coffin"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

How did rte afford him?

There was a raffle ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

If any real gang members are watching this ****e they must be pissing themselves laughing.

That dark haired bird who's goin out with the Nidge lad is a rubbish actress, its cringeworthy every time she opens her gob.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

This is awful all they do is talk and not enough action its feel like its Fair City or something.
    Brendan Glessons son is the spitting image of him.

ollie1 wrote: »
    This is awful all they do is talk and not enough action its feel like its Fair City or something.

I knew that guy looked familiar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Gillan just doesnt say "well ard" to me .. He's a bit too spoken for the role..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

Oh ya, I Remember that Sheehan guy from Red Riding.

Until next week.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Until next week.....

Can't wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

I was an extra in this:D must watch next week!

Seen 'The Take' on sky 1 recently, which i think is a good comparison.
    to me love/hate is actually better. That final scene (uploading for their web page or whatever was a bit weak, but the tension before hand was good.
    Overall, good stuff. - it is possible to find minuscule annoyances in any program, but for me, overall this was pretty damn good.

• Advertisement

I thought it was rubbish but hopefully this was just a settin up episode and it gets better next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

ollie1 wrote: »
    Ha, when he pushed the other guy off him in the bar, I thought 'Christ, he looks like Brendan Gleeson'. :D

I actually enjoyed it a good bit. The first 15-20 minutes were so over-edited it was painful, the dialogue is a bit hammy and a few people are not that convincing thus far, but for RTE it was better than I expected. It could be better, but at least it shows a move in the right direction by RTE, for once.

I actually thought the lead actor was quite good. He doesn't physically look the part which could well stand against him, but he does come across as a good actor. Which is nice.

I think people complaining about the lack of action need to give it a bit of time. Don't get me wrong, this is not going to be even comparable with The Wire, but that show took a few episodes of establishing to get going too. Jumping right in to the action would likely mean they would need to match or even escalate it every week, and that would likely see it bordering on the ridiculous in 5-6 weeks. It's too early to tell, but they have at least set themselves up for good pacing (how many episodes are there, by the way?).

They could of done better casting for the main lead, he looks far from a criminal.
    Script isn't the greatest either.

Well for me, that's a plus. The broken nose I'M A CRIM routine is a bit overused. (the take being a good example)

Again, as above.

What impressed me most though, was the direction, tight, logical, well paced. anyone know who directed this?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 avon barksdale

What a pile of **** this is, are the writers actually in touch with reality?
    Gang-bangers with D4 accents.. FFS..:mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Billy86 wrote: »
    I think people complaining about the lack of action need to give it a bit of time. Don't get me wrong, this is not going to be even comparable with The Wire, but that show took a few episodes of establishing to get going too. Jumping right in to the action would likely mean they would need to match or even escalate it every week, and that would likely see it bordering on the ridiculous in 5-6 weeks. It's too early to tell, but they have at least set themselves up for good pacing (how many episodes are there, by the way?).
    There's only 4 episodes.

So 25% of this series has consisted of mainly crying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

a lot of the acting and dialogue was weak. also the crap hip hop soundtrack, cos as we all know crap hip hop and drug dealing go hand in hand.
    but ruth negga is in it so i'll watch it again

Billy86 wrote: »
    Ha, when he pushed the other guy off him in the bar, I thought 'Christ, he looks like Brendan Gleeson'. :D

I actually enjoyed it a good bit. The first 15-20 minutes were so over-edited it was painful, the dialogue is a bit hammy and a few people are not that convincing thus far, but for RTE it was better than I expected. It could be better, but at least it shows a move in the right direction by RTE, for once.

I actually thought the lead actor was quite good. He doesn't physically look the part which could well stand against him, but he does come across as a good actor. Which is nice.

4, according to the ireland.com
    The initial fast pace thing is risky, but i thought it worked myself.
    wonder if being on a RTE quality starvation diet has left me too hungry and therefore too positive? either way, will def watch it next wk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭BigBrownBear

Couldn't get my head around it personally. Just seemed like a load of Fair Ctiy actors trying to look tough but not succeeding. Accents were poor and characters just didn't come across as realistic.
    I'd like to see it getting better though. Not just knocking RTE for the sake of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Possibly, but sometimes the 'best' gangsters are the ones that you wouldn't suspect if you were pass them on the street.

monk.jpg

• Advertisement

What a pile of **** this is, are the writers actually in touch with reality?
    Gang-bangers with D4 accents.. FFS..:mad:

Hey, those D4 heads are always having gang bangs, the rich coked up f**kers. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement