Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,673 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Any chance the Dentist turns out to be a plant too? setting the boys up for the big fall?

Hardly. He's acting far too scared. Even in the scenes of him on his own he's petrified and all over the place. If it was to turn out that he is a mole then it's crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Aido knows lizzie well doesn't he? Nidge has never seen her are we agreed on that?

Yes only Darren who is dead and Aido have seen or met Lizzie, so Nidge has no notion who the 2 in the car were.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

They arent undercover though id imagine except Gavin who was reluctant to go into the interview room and let Terry in with the other lad. I reckon Gavin will try infiltrate them.

Ronaldo Obama was laughing at Elmo as he left the station wasn't he? So if that was planned he should have kept himself out of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,673 ✭✭✭✭walshb

kilkenny12 wrote: »
    Evidence?? He CLEARLY saw them. It was played in slow fu(king motion.

Seriously, half the people on this thread need to go back to junior infants.

"Evidence"......

I think maybe the show wants to confuse or to make us wonder if he did see them. I don't think we will know for definite until Nidge says something to indicate that he saw them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Blay wrote: »
    Happyman starting to drag the thread down again I see.

Thing is that right now Nidge would be seeing eyes everywhere..every passing/stopped car, every window rolled down, every person standing on a corner could be after him.

He might attach some meaning to a person in a stopped car turning away when he sees them but he probably won't connect it to the IRA.

What paranoid traits did he display when he was driving with his son? Tell us please.
    he tends to dominate the threads...it's more our fault for arguing back, the more we argue the longer the derailment...

Derailing what exactly? A discussion about a TV drama in a television forum?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,020 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Happyman42 wrote: »
    What paranoid traits did he display when he was driving with his son? Tell us please.

yes but last year the thread was nearly locked

none ? perhaps warren took his mind of things.

none ? perhaps warren took his mind of things.
    Perhaps, which means he is not paranoid all the time, which is funnily enough exactly what I was saying a good few posts ago.
    Something sparked his current bout of paranoia that saw him search out a safe house and go to ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Aido knows lizzie well doesn't he? Nidge has never seen her are we agreed on that?

Yeah I agree here, i'm not saying he recognises Lizzie as a RIRA hit(wo)man, but I'm saying he definitely (in my eyes) recognised they were watching him, let's not forget they followed him at a distance of about 20 yards to the hospital.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 246 ✭✭mrbrown69

Odd that one of the characters is an actual real "under cover" Guard in the drugs unit....surely he'll now be an "ex under cover" copper with a well known face like that

• Advertisement

Perhaps, which means he is not paranoid all the time, which is funnily enough exactly what I was saying a good few posts ago.
    Something sparked his current bout of paranoia that saw him search out a safe house and go to ground.

Every single piece of evidence we were given in the episode points to him recognising he was being followed and watched at the hospital, I may well be wrong but as of now that's what I am assuming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

mrbrown69 wrote: »
    Odd that one of the characters is an actual real "under cover" Guard in the drugs unit....surely he'll now be an "ex under cover" copper with a well known face like that

Nah - I'm pretty sure criminals don't watch TV.

He'll be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭sirgockster

What is it with all the nit picking, If nobody likes the show, change channels, Nidge speaks to his son while driving and you use it to show that he is not paranoid all the time, Maybe speaking to his son relaxes him, You get flaws in every single tv show from the wire to breaking bad to love hate, If you are a fan of the show you don't give a toss about them, Those who bring them up are just doing it because they like the attention of a response on a forum

What is it with all the nit picking, If nobody likes the show, change channels, Nidge speaks to his son while driving and you use it to show that he is not paranoid all the time, Maybe speaking to his son relaxes him, You get flaws in every single tv show from the wire to breaking bad to love hate, If you are a fan of the show you don't give a toss about them, Those who bring them up are just doing it because they like the attention of a response on a forum

We are on a TV forum discussing a TV drama, if you can't handle anything but praise, maybe it is you who should go elsewhere.
    I'll say it again, I enjoy the drama, it is entertaining but it has a curious effect on a certain demographic which I find interesting about a programme that has issues and credibility flaws. It really is ok to feel that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Stiltzkin

Seriously can't understand the people saying Nidge isn't paranoid. Even though he probably didn't recognise Lizzy and Wayne, he knew something was wrong.. which is why Trish couldn't convince him to get out of the car. The fact that he goes straight to Janet's house after this (not the brothel) is a clear indicator that he wants to stay on the move and lay low.. The scenes with Warren are reminding of us of the only thing Nidge loves and are his ultimate weakness - his children. We know this from the scene with Nidge and Darren in season 2 where Nidge summarizes his entire persona, saying he doesn't care about anything or anyone except Warren, and now presumably young John as well.

Stiltzkin wrote: »
    Seriously can't understand the people saying Nidge isn't paranoid. Even though he probably didn't recognise Lizzy and Wayne, he knew something was wrong.. which is why Trish couldn't convince him to get out of the car. The fact that he goes straight to Janet's house after this (not the brothel) is a clear indicator that he wants to stay on the move and lay low.. The scenes with Warren are reminding of us of the only thing Nidge loves and are his ultimate weakness - his children. We know this from the scene with Nidge and Darren in season 2 where Nidge summarizes his entire persona, saying he doesn't care about anything or anyone except Warren, and now presumably young John as well.

Ye I tried to quote that earlier, by far the most important line Nidge has ever spoken.

We are on a TV forum discussing a TV drama, if you can't handle anything but praise, maybe it is you who should go elsewhere.
    I'll say it again, I enjoy the drama, it is entertaining but it has a curious effect on a certain demographic which I find interesting about a programme that has issues and credibility flaws. It really is ok to feel that way.

I'm all for debate about the show but to have a moan and a complaint because the graffiti on the wall was a bit big, It's not really a debate is it, It's down right nit picking

I'm all for debate about the show but to have a moan and a complaint because the graffiti on the wall was a bit big, It's not really a debate is it, It's down right nit picking

It was an add on to a point made by another poster, mentioned once in relation to how they let some details slip. Nitpicking you say?

The amount of bullying by those who just want a love-in that goes on seriously undermines this 'Television' forum and is actually what drags the thread down.

It's not a love in, It having a discussion about were we think the show will go and how the 4th season will end those who are a fan of the show could not care less about the size of the graffiti on he wall is and we are not overly concerned if Nidge is not paranoid around his own son

It's not a love in, It having a discussion about were we think the show will go and how the 4th season will end those who are a fan of the show could not care less about the size of the graffiti on he wall is and we are not overly concerned if Nidge is not paranoid around his own son

Well don't address the point made then. There are plenty of side conversations going on that I and others are not taking part in. Follow suit and quit ...eh...whinging.

• Advertisement

Not whinging, Just pointing out that not every tv show is perfect, Just sit back and enjoy it if you don't enoy it, turn it off that is the beauty of the remote control, Nobody forces you to watch anything

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

Dont think we can assume Nidge wouldn't know Lizzie just because they haven't meet on screen.

Nidge planned the hit on Elmo's cousin. Having a young wan along on the job was part of that plan - so they would look like a courting couple on the way to and from the hit.

Having said that, I don't believe he recognised her at the hospital. More a case of something not being right and his sixth sense kicked in.

There was a major emphasis on the Communion invitation to Siobhan I thought. I presume its happening before episode 6 so cant be the climax of the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

Something BIG is going to go down at the communion party, and I'm not talking about the bouncy castle.

I have the communion as the day that everything comes down on top of Nidge and we see hell break out, Will be interesting to see if it's the final episode or not, If it's not then we could be in for a treat to end the show, With Nidges mother having a stroke, Could we see a funeral massacre also? Either way I can see the show heating up in the next few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Imhof Tank wrote: »
    Dont think we can assume Nidge wouldn't know Lizzie just because they haven't meet on screen.

Nidge planned the hit on Elmo's cousin. Having a young wan along on the job was part of that plan - so they would look like a courting couple on the way to and from the hit.

Having said that, I don't believe he recognised her at the hospital. More a case of something not being right and his sixth sense kicked in.

There was a major emphasis on the Communion invitation to Siobhan I thought. I presume its happening before episode 6 so cant be the climax of the series.

Nidge knows that people want him dead - its a downside of being a gangster. Stranded alone in a carpark with thoughts of mortality on his mind (his mums health) these things come to the fore.
    A Mr A. Hitler of Germany survived numerous murderous plots by not being predictable. Nidge is just doing likewise.

The Communion thing is being so heavily flagged I'm thinking it'll pass off without incident. I'd imagine even at this point Nidgeweasel is planning on missing the ceremony.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Yeah I agree here, i'm not saying he recognises Lizzie as a RIRA hit(wo)man, but I'm saying he definitely (in my eyes) recognised they were watching him, let's not forget they followed him at a distance of about 20 yards to the hospital.

There's one part in that clip where Trish checked her mirror & her facial expression suggested that there was something she wasn't happy about, I think she knew they were being followed.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Well don't address the point made then. There are plenty of side conversations going on that I and others are not taking part in. Follow suit and quit ...eh...whinging.

nothing has changed since last year....I personally think love hate is great and as an irish person i'm proud of it. As a tv fan i am gripped by it and glued to it from start to finish...I[m sure there are flaws here and there as with everything...however if you have made a valid point in the last year please repost it...I'm also proud of the cast, I think they are a great bunch of lads, just like the cast of "this is england", i think thy gel as a unit. hows that script coming along?

lets not forget Nidge dabbles a bit himself...which would lead to bouts of paranoia as opposed to constant paranoia

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

hasnt been great so far apart from last nights ''Ging gang gooley, gooley, gooley go, ging gang goo. Ging gang goo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

The Communion thing is being so heavily flagged I'm thinking it'll pass off without incident. I'd imagine even at this point Nidgeweasel is planning on missing the ceremony.

Was thinking the same myself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement