Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Is there going to be a season 5?

It is officially sanctioned for a series 5 :)

So Elmo is basically being set up to be killed because the Gardai are pretending he is a rat and spraying it all over walls etc.
    He should be going to jail not be given the death penalty by cops.I would like to see all this Tango squad shot to bits in a blood bath.
    If Nidge and Fran die I do not think we will be having a season 5.We already have John Boy and Darren gone any more and it would not be the same.

I also do think Fran and Tommy going for a trip to buy fanta in his van spells out trouble for Tommy.
    I think his lovely partner will be crying again.Maybe it will turn her into a rat...

I think the cops are setting up Elmo to be attacked so as to pin intention of murder on Nidge or Fran. The gardai will not let Elmo get killed I'm sure but want to catch the others with intention to kill. I think Nidge will be too clever to fall into this trap though somehow and Fran too.

ectoraige wrote: »
    I really like how the first two episodes have set up the rest of the season, the story could pan out in so many ways. Love/hate keeps challenging the characters' loyalties, and Siobhán's are surely going to be tested; it's not clear if she still loves the man Tommy has become. I know Tommy gave Debbie the shove previously but if she's still around she might yet break any loyalty Siobhán has for Tommy, perhaps leading to her giving Nidge a timely warning.

I also don't know if the scenes involving Warren are setting us up for his death, it seems a bit heavy-handed for Carolan. If a child dies, it might be an innocent, or the young scobie himself. I think the writer is clearly testing Nidge's loyalties towards his family. He has said before that all he cares about is himself and his children - even excluding Trish from that. Not only is he paranoid, but he's cowardly too. His instincts in the last season were to run from the 'ra, it wasn't until Darren rescued him from Dano that Nidge really took the problem on, which ultimately took the form of sacrificing Darren. Previously he had Darren take out John Boy, rather than doing it himself.

I don't think Dano's attack will succeed - Lizzie's resolve is already shakey as it is, and should they plan to hit the communion she may fail to carry through. She already killed the man she loved, but that was deeply personal - I don't think she'll be able to do it again, despite her tough-woman act. Nidge's instinctual response on an attack on his family might be to go on the run, especially with the gang falling apart over Elmo. However, his escape could end up hinging on Siobhán's assistance, and by that time it might be a very difficult position for her. She could end up turning against both Tommy and Nidge.

The obvious end to the season will be with Nidge in custody leaving Fran running things. Dano will likely be dead, as will Elmo, with Fran bringing in his own crew to exploit the dentist. Of all the characters in Love/Hate, Fran has been the only one who's ability to make decisions has not been compromised by feeling or loyalties to others. He's the true evil in all of this. He just hasn't had the drive to take over, but at this point I don't think he needs Nidge for anything. I can't see Nidge in prison being able to exert much influence, despite having John Boy's money.

Same here. Wayne will I predict botch the hit on Nidge but he will kill or injure someone close to Nidge I predict (Warren). There will be challenges on Nidge's career choice from Trish I'm sure? Nidge will kill Wayne, Tony will find out and Dano will I'm sure end up dead and could indeed have a combination of Nidge, Tony and even Lizzie as enemies.

Fran is emerging as a very strong character and he will no doubt take advantage of all the problems Nidge has. Although Fran was involved in many of the same issues, it is Nidge who is centre of attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Did Nidge ever actually kill anybody himself?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Nearly killed Fran's wife Linda. But did kill tLuke the stalker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Joziburg

deise08 wrote: »
    killed Fran's wife Linda. and Luke the stalker

She not do herself in - obv he did throw the pipe bomb but that was before. Am I missing something?

Nearly killed Fran's wife Linda. But did kill tLuke the stalker

Jesus it's only the 4th season and already I need to go back and watch the first 3 again :o

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Joziburg wrote: »
    She not do herself in - obv he did throw the pipe bomb but that was before. Am I missing something?

Sorry bout that :) had a blonde moment there :) edited it to say nearly :) thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Joziburg

Sorry bout that :) had a blonde moment there :) edited it to say nearly :) thanks

haha...just noticed that

Luke is the only one from what I can recall. And I watched all the DVDs just before the start of the new series.

• Advertisement

Luke is the only one from what I can recall. And I watched all the DVDs just before the start of the new series.

Darren did nearly all the killing so far. Hughie killed 3: Robbie, Martin the traveller and himself. Nidge killed Luke. Lizzie killed Darren. The others I don't think killed anyone. Fran has not killed anyone yet?

What bout that guy he blasted at his front door who kept sayin he didn't have enough money but had a big gold watch and game consoles n stuff. did he actually kill him? He would be the first if he died

What bout that guy he blasted at his front door who kept sayin he didn't have enough money but had a big gold watch and game consoles n stuff. did he actually kill him? He would be the first if he died

No, he was not killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭NoClues

Not sure if it's been posted yet about the controversial garda (Kieran O'Reilly), his band are actually pretty good:

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭CaptainFreedom

Fran has not killed anyone yet?

He shot and killed Mickah, the getaway driver when Tommy made the failed attempt to clip Fran

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 ivan itchyarse

any one notice nidge is drivin the exact jeep in this series which was riddled with bullets in the last series,

any one notice nidge is drivin the exact jeep in this series which was riddled with bullets in the last series,

Already explained pages back!

He got it fixed on his insurance between seasons :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Jesus it's only the 4th season and already I need to go back and watch the first 3 again :o

I just watched every episode again and am now into Season 3.

I rarely watch things twice, but like you, I needed a refresher on a few bits, and I am sooooo glad I did it for this show was even more delicious the second time round ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,427 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Darren did nearly all the killing so far. Hughie killed 3: Robbie, Martin the traveller and himself. Nidge killed Luke. Lizzie killed Darren. The others I don't think killed anyone. Fran has not killed anyone yet?

You forgot the most brutal one!!! Wayne killed the cat!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

ectoraige wrote: »
    I really like how the first two episodes have set up the rest of the season, the story could pan out in so many ways. Love/hate keeps challenging the characters' loyalties, and Siobhán's are surely going to be tested; it's not clear if she still loves the man Tommy has become. I know Tommy gave Debbie the shove previously but if she's still around she might yet break any loyalty Siobhán has for Tommy, perhaps leading to her giving Nidge a timely warning.

I also don't know if the scenes involving Warren are setting us up for his death, it seems a bit heavy-handed for Carolan. If a child dies, it might be an innocent, or the young scobie himself. I think the writer is clearly testing Nidge's loyalties towards his family. He has said before that all he cares about is himself and his children - even excluding Trish from that. Not only is he paranoid, but he's cowardly too. His instincts in the last season were to run from the 'ra, it wasn't until Darren rescued him from Dano that Nidge really took the problem on, which ultimately took the form of sacrificing Darren. Previously he had Darren take out John Boy, rather than doing it himself.

I don't think Dano's attack will succeed - Lizzie's resolve is already shakey as it is, and should they plan to hit the communion she may fail to carry through. She already killed the man she loved, but that was deeply personal - I don't think she'll be able to do it again, despite her tough-woman act. Nidge's instinctual response on an attack on his family might be to go on the run, especially with the gang falling apart over Elmo. However, his escape could end up hinging on Siobhán's assistance, and by that time it might be a very difficult position for her. She could end up turning against both Tommy and Nidge.

The obvious end to the season will be with Nidge in custody leaving Fran running things. Dano will likely be dead, as will Elmo, with Fran bringing in his own crew to exploit the dentist. Of all the characters in Love/Hate, Fran has been the only one who's ability to make decisions has not been compromised by feeling or loyalties to others. He's the true evil in all of this. He just hasn't had the drive to take over, but at this point I don't think he needs Nidge for anything. I can't see Nidge in prison being able to exert much influence, despite having John Boy's money.

Sounds like a good summation, Fran seems to be cracking a bit after being arrested and getting a bit of a hiding from Noely, I can see him turning against Nidge and taking things into his own hands.

Recently the cast said they all clapped for Tom V Lawler when filming the series was wrapped, whatever that indicates I reckon either way its gonna be an intense climax;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

can see Fran and nidge falling out. nidge is getting too paranoid to be in charge but Fran seems to be too gung ho to be in charge.when Fran puts tommy in the van next wk,he'll say something line "nidge shouldve finished you off" and i think it will trigger the fallout of Fran and nidge and jog tommys memory who will tell all to detective moynihan.think this will be only part,as i said the show so far has everyone guessing and they've alot to squeeze into 4 episodes

The first two episodes haven't been much in the way of drama, hopefully the next four will make up for it, I've enjoyed the first 2 but the pace needs to pick up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,607 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

So hold on a minute, this real life undercover drugs cop is now a front man in a band, and an actor in Ireland No1 show.

Thats his day job buggered then!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

The lad that broke the swan?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,020 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Amazingfun wrote: »
    I just watched every episode again and am now into Season 3.

I rarely watch things twice, but like you, I needed a refresher on a few bits, and I am sooooo glad I did it for this show was even more delicious the second time round ;)
    which do you prefer 2 or 3? I'm watching 2 at the minute ..great stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

NIMAN wrote: »
    So hold on a minute, this real life undercover drugs cop is now a front man in a band, and an actor in Ireland No1 show.

Thats his day job buggered then!

Reported today that he stepped back from undercover work in Feb and is now a standard Garda again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

February would have been around the time he was shooting this. I suppose its inevitable he'll never work undercover again. Love/Hate is the most popular TV show in Irish jails after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

February would have been around the time he was shooting this. I suppose its inevitable he'll never work undercover again. Love/Hate is the most popular TV show in Irish jails after all.

Yeah. All this talk of him being investigated now is just publicity nonsense I'd say. It was already stated he talked to his superiors before taking the role.

He's made his decision long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

which do you prefer 2 or 3? I'm watching 2 at the minute ..great stuff!

They were both brilliant, but if I had to choose, I guess I would go with Season 3.
    That scene of Darren being shot by a grief-ridden, crazed Lizzie is unforgettable.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,020 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Amazingfun wrote: »
    They were both brilliant, but if I had to choose, I guess I would go with Season 3.
    That scene of Darren being shot by a grief-ridden, crazed Lizzie is unforgettable.
    2 seems to be the good times!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,259 ✭✭✭slingerz

Season 2 for me anyway!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement