Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Fantastic episode, best yet IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

Gone to pot the show-2 crap episodes in a row.What pisses me off is the police angle with those wooden actors

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Do you mean Trish?

Haha yeah!

Interestingly enough no mainstream music used tonight. The 'be not afraid' hymn was brilliantly incorporated into the end....

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Magnetics

Is this the last series does anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

That was very soap like. The whole leading to a big climax is boring me now. Nothing happened in that episode at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

ROY RACE wrote: »
    Gone to pot the show-2 crap episodes in a row.What pisses me off is the police angle with those wooden actors

Really? That was a fantastic episode with fantastic acting. So tense! I was disappointed that there wasn't a climax at the end, but it was still brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭heyheyhey1982

Magnetics wrote: »
    Is this the last series does anyone know?

Nope signed up for season five already

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

That was a bit anti-climatic :( Was waiting the whole episode for something big to happen.

It has you on the edge of your seat though, will Tommy get clipped, will something happen to Nidge at the communion party, will Tommy get his flute out in front of the puppies :pac:

I'm enjoying the whole build up to what will be a cracking last couple of episodes

Haunting singing

I can remember the primary school choir used to sing that song in our church from time to time. Very cleverly incorporated by the writers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

KevIRL wrote: »
    What was nidges phone number that came up on frans phone? Looked like a proper number and not the 555 ones they use on US tv shows

• Site Banned Posts: 23 Stonky

lufties wrote: »
    Whats the verdict on tonight's episode?

Steaming pile of sh1te. Again nothing happens. The shivering masses thinks its great though

• Registered Users Posts: 21,020 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

KevIRL wrote: »
    What was nidges phone number that came up on frans phone? Looked like a proper number and not the 555 ones they use on US tv shows

It's tvl's actual number

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Its going into soap opera mode

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

the phone scene with nidge and fran was excellent, very tense and great acting. doesn't always have to be about bang bang guns to make an episode exciting

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Very interesting slow burner this season I have to say. They might have written themselves into a corner though, the payoff needs to be something else to keep the baying mob happy.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

absolutely brilliant.

i am loving this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

Over rated -not bad definetley better than reeling in the years

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Stiltzkin

The whole Tommy thing in the van reminded me of the finale of Season 2 with Luke in the van :o Especially when Fran asked Tommy did he want a smoke (the exact thing Nidge said to Luke before he shot him) I was bracing myself for Tommy's death. Tense but nothing happened in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

As a member of the shivering masses I enjoyed it.
    I do think with 6 episodes it needs to be a faster moving.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Good episode, building it all up. Was certain Tommy would be killed. This will make Nidge's and Fran's relationship really tense, after what Fran nearly carried out. Beginning to think Fran holds all the cards and that Nidge is losing his grip as the leader. Also, I want more eastern European men in Love/Hate I demand it!:pac: Demand it!! They come across very few minorities in this show (though I only care about Eastern European men!). Hate that dentist too, every time I see him I want to slap him!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

The 2nd episode in this series has been the best so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Stonky wrote: »
    Steaming pile of sh1te. Again nothing happens. The shivering masses thinks its great though

Yea the first two weren't much, it needs a serious injection of good drama. seems like its going nowhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

I was full sure Tommy was going to take a **** when he dropped the trousers
    Aidos bird looked very well at the communion , pregnancy suits her better than heroin it seems .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

Dempsey wrote: »
    Its going into soap opera mode

Irl gangs of this sort are slow moving, they cant just go around shooting every day and robbing. There is a lot of times when they have to lay low, paranoid, personal life events effecting their criminal plans etc

If anything is far removed from soap opera mode

Just to add as I have defended this episode, I can see the flaws too in the programme but the positives and the script writing far outweighs anything else, imo etc etc:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Stiltzkin wrote: »
    The whole Tommy thing in the van reminded me of the finale of Season 2 with Luke in the van :o Especially when Fran asked Tommy did he want a smoke (the exact thing Nidge said to Luke before he shot him) I was bracing myself for Tommy's death. Tense but nothing happened in the end.

Really?

I was pretty sure Fran killed him anyway. After he hangs up on Nidge he takes the gun out and cocks it.

Stick with it....The payoff will be huge i reckon... For so long we've been spoiled by this show but now the pace is slower in order to build up to something. The deteoriating relationship between Fran and Nidge is terrific to watch. Both are such Teflon Terry's that its hard to predict who will be left standing at the end. I would think Nidge will survive

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Honestly think that's the best episode that they have done yet. Great tension throughout.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Reality_Check1

brilliant episode

I love how you never know if something is going to happen or not its always so tense. that phone conversation scene was class you could nearly taste the desperation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭ColmH81

I hear the horse is to appear on the Late Late next week....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement