Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭coolisin

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Really?

I was pretty sure Fran killed him anyway. After he hangs up on Nidge he takes the phone out and cocks it.

And somebody gets buried in a grave before the granny has being, as the hymn is being sang.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Jesus what do people want, i taught it was one of the best. Great acting with the usual laughs thrown in. Ah i dont even
    know why.i bothered posting this but seen as ive typed it......

Really?

I was pretty sure Fran killed him anyway. After he hangs up on Nidge he takes the phone out and cocks it.

Id say he uncocked it? If Tommy was getting killed they would have probably showed his funeral or something. Don't forget Nidge's ma died and her funeral probably took place two days after.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Nidge really misses Darren now I'd say, if he had him he'd have told Fran to let him go or he'd put a bullet in his head instead of begging him. Has nobody to turn to now to do that work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Id say he uncocked it? If Tommy was getting killed they would have probably showed his funeral or something. Don't forget Nidge's ma died and her funeral probably took place two days after.

If he did kill Tommy they'd never find his body, Fran would bury him on the land probably.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

Ken Tucky wrote: »
    Jesus what do people want, i taught it was one of the best. Great acting with the usual laughs thrown in. Ah i dont even
    know why.i bothered posting this but seen as ive typed it......

Fran to shoot tommy 100x in the face and cut his arms off and beat Nidge to death with them. Drink 100 cans and ride aido's bird as the IRA plant a 100lb semtex bomb underneath their own kitchen table and get Michael the dentist to detonate it whilst posting it up on FB to Leighton?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

He doesnt have to be if he's going to laundering, he just takes a backseat and stashes the cash and makes it all legal like :D

He's not, they'll be making use of his lidocaine imports didn't they say

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Irl gangs of this sort are slow moving, they cant just go around shooting every day and robbing. There is a lot of times when they have to lay low, paranoid, personal life events effecting their criminal plans etc

If anything is far removed from soap opera mode

Just to add as I have defended this episode, I can see the flaws too in the programme but the positives and the script writing far outweighs anything else, imo etc etc:rolleyes:

Next week on Love/Hate, Trish does the weekly shopping and forgets the milk! :pac:

This is a 6 episode season, we are half way through and not alot has gone on. The previous seasons used the time much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

While they were driving home after the first communion, and Trish takes the call about Nidge's Ma dying, I kept expecting her head to blow right off, courtesy of Lizzie's little Ra-gunman. I figured to throw us all off that Trish would get clipped instead of Warren or Nidge.
    So I am kind of glad everyone's intact til next week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭pepper180

My RTEPlayer stream cut out so could someone help me out..

When Nidge was talking to that girl in the brothel after she hugged him for his mother dying and giving him condolences and talking about the dentist. What did he say to her at the end of that scene?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Stiltzkin

If he did kill Tommy they'd never find his body, Fran would bury him on the land probably.
    Yeah and this time he'd remember to put a bullock carcass on him incase they come with the infrared :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Superb episode, edge of the seat stuff. I thought Tommy was a gonner. Loved the scenes between Nidge and Siobhan. Incredible actors, the pair of them. Don't like Fran anymore :( Poor Tommy
    I reckon the improved relationship between Nidge and Warren is building up to something nasty happening to Warren. The final scene with Nidge shedding a tear reminded me of Sinead O'Connor's tears in 'Nothing Compares'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

moy83 wrote: »
    I was full sure Tommy was going to take a **** when he dropped the trousers.

:pac: So was I. that was before I thought he was going to moon those girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

pepper180 wrote: »

When Nidge was talking to that girl in the brothel after she hugged him for his mother dying and giving him condolences and talking about the dentist. What did he say to her at the end of that scene?

He asked janet to keep Debbie 'the cracker junkie whore ' away from him and fir Debbie not to talk to him

He told her to keep junkie Debbie away from him and she is not even to talk to him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Dempsey wrote: »
    Next week on Love/Hate, Trish does the weekly shopping and forgets the milk! :pac:

This is a 6 episode season, we are half way through and not alot has gone on. The previous seasons used the time much better.

Sons of Anarchy or something might be better suited for you(??), explosions and bazookas every episode.

It's building tension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Said he didn't want that junkie crack whore talking to him, doesn't know her, doesn't want to know her, she thinks she's something special.

Lisha wrote: »
    He asked janet to keep Debbie 'the cracker junkie whore ' away from him and fir Debbie not to talk to him

junkie crack whore ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

jos28 wrote: »
    Superb episode, edge of the seat stuff. I thought Tommy was a gonner. Loved the scenes between Nidge and Siobhan. Incredible actors, the pair of them. Don't like Fran anymore :( Poor Tommy
    I reckon the improved relationship between Nidge and Warren is building up to something nasty happening to Warren. The final scene with Nidge shedding a tear reminded me of Sinead O'Connor's tears in 'Nothing Compares'

They've been the 2 best actors since the beginning I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

nm wrote: »
    He's not, they'll be making use of his lidocaine imports didn't they say

they'll be doing that anyway, but the dentist offered further services and gave his BSC credentials in a financial background as experience that he wants to use for Nidge. Suggests to me that it's a laundering operation he wants to set up, probably through the dental clinic.

• Advertisement

Lisha wrote: »
    jos28 wrote: »
    He told her to keep junkie Debbie away from him and she is not even to talk to him

Thanks lads! Appreciate it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,118 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Was hoping they'd kill tommy. They completely ruined his character with this braindead **** so I'd rather they just had him put down now.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

I nearly lost my mind during that scene at the kennels. Great stuff from everyone involved in that sequence.

Dempsey wrote: »

Yes, I understand that point to as well. I think it all depends what the writer is thinking. Ie If this is just a 4 series or maybe even a 5 series then perhaps the pace should be a little faster but if he intends on a 6th series and more then it does need to slow down a little. If not all the main characters will be killed and it will be a revolving door with too many new characters every season (just like a soap)

Thanks everyone for letting me know!

Fantastic episode and a brilliant season. How many episodes will this season have, 6?

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

Tommy was just heading to the shop for a refreshing fizzy orange when Fran tempted him with puppies :( So much tension in it, although would love to see more of the cop POV.

Thanks everyone for letting me know!

Fantastic episode and a brilliant season. How many episodes will this season have, 6?
    3 down - 3 to go !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Red21

No chance off Tommy getting clipped tonight, cos there has been other advert scenes with Nidge & Fran that haven't been seen yet, if Fran killed tommy there no way he'd be dealing with Nidge later on in the series

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

The start was a bit ****.... Only picked up when fran lifted tommy. I reckon tommy will be a goner by the end of this series as his character is gone to ****e.
    Deffo need to see more siobhan! She's brilliant!

• Advertisement

Red21 wrote: »
    No chance off Tommy getting clipped tonight, cos there has been other advert scenes with Nidge & Fran that haven't been seen yet, if Fran killed tommy there no way he'd be dealing with Nidge later on in the series

RTE have been very annoying and almost stupid with their trailers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement