Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

Dempsey wrote: »
    Next week on Love/Hate, Trish does the weekly shopping and forgets the milk! :pac:

This is a 6 episode season, we are half way through and not alot has gone on. The previous seasons used the time much better.

I honestly think it has to vary at some point. Its gas that every week i come onto this thread and L/H is criticised for not being as good as the Wire (A very slow paced show) and now that its going at a relative slow pace there is another group of people emerging criticising that nothing happens :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Brianmeath

How did Siobhan know Fran was going to do Tommy in?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Pardon me ignorance but what is oblong delata or whatever it was that Fran said

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

I honestly think it has to vary at some point. Its gas that every week i come onto this thread and L/H is criticised for not being as good as the Wire (A very slow paced show) and now that its going at a relative slow pace there is another group of people emerging criticising that nothing happens :rolleyes:

But yet they tune in every week:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

nm wrote: »
    Sons of Anarchy or something might be better suited for you(??), explosions and bazookas every episode.

It's building tension.
    I watch SOA and I also watch shows like Boardwalk Empire & The Wire. I can appreciate building tension in TV shows but L/H doesnt have the airtime for soap opera shíte tbh.

The comparisons I read in this thread to the Wire in werent in relation to the pacing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

jos28 wrote: »

Medulla oblongata, part of your brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

RTE have been very annoying and almost stupid with their trailers.

I don't like trailers at all. I would much rather the suspense.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

medulla oblongata

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

I remember in the wire, there was a 5 min part of an episode with mcnulty trying to put a bunk bed together :confused::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

simon360 wrote: »
    Tommy was just heading to the shop for a refreshing fizzy orange when Fran tempted him with puppies :( So much tension in it, although would love to see more of the cop POV.

Will people let the fizzy orange thing go :confused:

• Advertisement

I watch SOA and I also watch shows like Boardwalk Empire & The Wire. I can appreciate building tension in TV shows but L/H doesnt have the airtime for soap opera shíte tbh.

Trust me....with only 6 episodes per season and we've already hit the third....something will happen yet. We've been spoiled for too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

5T3PH3N wrote: »
    Medulla oblongata, part of your brain.

Obviously missing the part of mine that should know that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medulla_oblongata

Edit: Beaten to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

Did one of the dogs kill the other??? :(

Yep, and then it ate a cat and then the cop who should not be on the show, a regular blood fest . Joe will be busy tomorrow.

lufties wrote: »
    Will people let the fizzy orange thing go :confused:

Gas Tommy has only asked for Fizzy Orange once and Fran has only said 'Coola Boola' once and yet people almost associate those characters with those statements as much as they associate Victor Meldrew with 'i dont believe it' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Part of the brain.
    medulla oblongata , look it up yourself. Have you never seen water boy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

skanger speak for the (medulla) oblongata- part of the brain, referring to Tommy's injury. have to say, I was impressed at Fran's knowledge of anatomical terms in Latin!

edit- feck all o'yis that beat me to it!

I remember in the wire, there was a 5 min part of an episode with mcnulty trying to put a bunk bed together :confused::pac:

No spoilers of other shows please ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Was waiting for Fran to say "there's only one thing you can do with a sick dog Nidgey....".

The phone call scene was amazing television. The suspense was brilliant.

Nidge is £ucked now though. He has no one to do the real work. Tommy's no use. I remember Johnboy saying Aido's a junkie so he'll never be much use and he'll be back on the heroin now too. Fran has Nidge by the goolies now, major shift in the power there. Nidge is still wary of Elmo.

3 cracking episodes ahead no doubt. Wonder will the history of Frans wife and Nidge pop up? Fran is a loose canon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

Wonder if there is more to it than Fran riding the old guy's wife?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

What soap opera stuff?
    There's no topic or part of this show that the like of Boardwalk empire don't do. There's even less action in that than love/hate...

Wonder if there is more to it than Fran riding the old guy's wife?

Just trying to show us that no matter how top dog these men might appear to us that they make enemies on every corner. Noelie could yet reappear.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

I'd say he was trying to say http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medulla_oblongata

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

I was spoiled by getting to see the first 3 seasons for the first time in a DVD binge fest, so watching this weekly is a tad frustrating.

Still though, its must see TV.

PS: Where do we ask the powers that be for a Love/Hate forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Poor Tommy. It was funny when he pulled his trousers down.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

EyeSight wrote: »
    What soap opera stuff?
    There's no topic or part of this show that the like of Boardwalk empire don't do. There's even less action in that than love/hate...

I know that. BE has twice the airtime, it can afford to do this. Does the cops, debbie or his mother dying really need the airtime they are currently getting. I dont think so tbh. Maybe next week, they'll do an episode on Dave's motivations in life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Nearly wet myself laughing when Tommy was taken away under the pretence of going to see some puppies...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

The top Nidge had on when he went to the brothel and bumped into Debbie was nice.....anyone know where I might get it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

I know that. BE has twice the airtime, it can afford to do this. Does the cops, debbie or his mother dying really need the airtime they are currently getting. I dont think so tbh. Maybe next week, they'll do an episode on Dave's motivations in life.
    The main characters mother dying does deserve airtime. We may see how his relationship with his family got so bad or what Nidge was like growing up. I would not call this soap opera at all. Is anything that doesn't involve someone getting shot considered soap opera?

Debbie could very well end up being caught and giving evidence. The cops are obviously an important part of the show. I really don't know what else you want here other than 40 minutes of guns going off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Was 100% certain that Fran's buddy would pull the trigger just as Fran had told nidge he wouldn't harm him. Bit shocked that never happened actually, edge of seat at its finest!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement