Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Bit behind watching tonight. Oh my God I'm sick wit worry over Tommy. We never saw him again after Fran finished the call and cocked the gun :(:( won't be able to sleep til I know he be ok :(:(:( have to say that was a fantastic episode. got to the end and thought is that it? But reading through the posts have to agree the acting was excellent. Was on edge since Tommy went to the shop. Nidge is losing his crown I think. have to ask tho when nidge and Fran were talkin in pub at the start what was the last thing nidge said. rewinded a few times and still can't get it. is it not a ****ing hair?
    oh and one last thing. Tommy can expose himself to me any day or night. :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

deise08 wrote: »
    Bit behind watching tonight. Oh my God I'm sick wit worry over Tommy. We never saw him again after Fran finished the call and cocked the gun :(:( won't be able to sleep til I know he be ok :(:(:( have to say that was a fantastic episode. got to the end and thought is that it? But reading through the posts have to agree the acting was excellent. Was on edge since Tommy went to the shop. Nidge is losing his crown I think. have to ask tho when nidge and Fran were talkin in pub at the start what was the last thing nidge said. rewinded a few times and still can't get it. is it not a ****ing hair?

I couldn't catch that either. Yeah good episode, great tension. I thought there would be more of a closing in of the gaurds but they didnt feature much - except for their unorthdox approach.

It's good how each series defines the Love/Hate title - Always thought they'd lose that ambivillance after Darren copped it. But Nidge is facing moral dilemmas now and it will be interesting to see how he deals with it.

Fran though is without remorse who is the most dangerous remains to be seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Was sure he said 'not a fúcking hair' as in don't harm a hair on Tommy's head!

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭NoClues

I'd say elmo, tommy, dentist, dano and 1 of the garda are all getting "clipped" over the next few episodes. They could really hit home with a garda being killed in the line of duty in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Enjoyed this weeks episode, serious tension towards the end.

I think there is an inverse relationship between the airtime of the clown cop squad, and my enjoyment of the episode.

• Advertisement

deise08 wrote: »

I think Tommy is alright somehow but this will further drive a wedge between Nidge and Fran.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭brian_t

kfallon wrote: »
    Was sure he said 'not a fúcking hair' as in don't harm a hair on Tommy's head!
    That's what he said according to the subtitles.

Elmo is a rat whether he'd admit to it it or not. Knowing that Nidge is a wanted man he puts up notice of a personal tragedy on Facebook for Nidge knowing that it will inform any wannabe killers he will be a sitting duck within the next 48 hours.

Gas the way Love/hate is even showing up perhaps the main flaw of Facebook in that people fall into that trap of giving away too much on it. :)

I had copped also that the block of flats that Elmo lives in is very similar to the one Wayne lives in. Wayne it would seem is one of Elmo's friends on Facebook. The whole 6 degrees of separation is apparent once more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

After a couple of underwhelming efforts I have to say that episode was very good, the scene with Nidge on the phone to Fran was brilliantly done

Elmo is a rat whether he'd admit to it it or not. Knowing that Nidge is a wanted man he puts up notice of a personal tragedy on Facebook for Nidge knowing that it will inform any wannabe killers he will be a sitting duck within the next 48 hours.

Gas the way Love/hate is even showing up perhaps the main flaw of Facebook in that people fall into that trap of giving away too much on it. :)

I had copped also that the block of flats that Elmo lives in is very similar to the one Wayne lives in. Wayne it would seem is one of Elmo's friends on Facebook. The whole 6 degrees of separation is apparent once more

Nah the flats are different I think, think the ones Elmo lives in are out in Bluebell, pretty distinctive balconys. The one's Wayne lives in are the more generic type of flats you see everywhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Nothing is happening?

Episode 1: The tiger kidnappings and the assassination of JFKat.
    Episode 2: The main cast are all arrested, Tommy becomes an accidental rat and the entire Garda element is introduced.
    Episode 3: One of the main characters is a phone call away from being shot, the dentist breaks bad, and Aido is f'n pregnant!

When you compare it to the likes of The Wire, that's moving at a ridiculous pace. I'd almost criticise it for not being realistic, but it's gripping enough to forgive.

I think a lot of people caught up with this by DVD and are now blaming it because things aren't moving as fast as they're used to (I know a couple people personally who this applies to), but that's hardly the show's fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

The tension in that is unbelievable!! Where is Tommy? Who's funeral was Nidge at? Oh and who's grave was being dug?

We saw a close up of Nidge after being told of his mothers death and being dry eyed....and then a close up of him crying beside a coffin with Warren out of focus in the background (again warren gets screen time!)
    What's that fancy word people say on here? Foreshadowing is it?

Not a spoiler just a random guess!!

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Nah the flats are different I think, think the ones Elmo lives in are out in Bluebell, pretty distinctive balconys. The one's Wayne lives in are the more generic type of flats you see everywhere

The stairwells i notice looked similar. I remember Darren talking to Elmo last season in a stairwell which looked the same as the ones in Waynes block of flats.

Either way its unimportant but it would seem Elmo and Wayne are Facebook buddies somehow. Could further fan the flames with Nidge down the line that Elmo is a rat

The tension in that is unbelievable!! Where is Tommy? Who's funeral was Nidge at? Oh and who's grave was being dug?

We saw a close up of Nidge after being told of his mothers death and being dry eyed....and then a close up of him crying beside a coffin with Warren out of focus in the background (again warren gets screen time!)
    What's that fancy word people say on here? Foreshadowing is it?

Not a spoiler just a random guess!!

Nidges mother. Id be fairly confident Tommy is still alive. They would make more of killing such a central character

• Registered Users Posts: 16,555 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Very little about the killing of Git so far this season, Danno only made an appearance twice so far as well I think.

Even more unfortunate it looks like Dannos "mad bitch" wife won't feature at all :(

She was a nice bit of eye candy.

Since Nidge is in the front row with Trish and the kids behind, with no sign of Siobhan, I'm pretty sure that is not Tommy's funeral.

Very little about the killing of Git so far this season, Danno only made an appearance twice so far as well I think.

Even more unfortunate it looks like Dannos "mad bitch" wife won't feature at all :(

She was a nice bit of eye candy.

There was talk of a spin off which i reckon could be based on the dissidents though i would doubt Dano has much longer left somehow

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

leggo wrote: »
    Nothing is happening?

Episode 1: The tiger kidnappings and the assassination of JFKat.
    Episode 2: The main cast are all arrested, Tommy becomes an accidental rat and the entire Garda element is introduced.
    Episode 3: One of the main characters is a phone call away from being shot, the dentist breaks bad, and Aido is f'n pregnant!

When you compare it to the likes of The Wire, that's moving at a ridiculous pace. I'd almost criticise it for not being realistic, but it's gripping enough to forgive.

I think a lot of people caught up with this by DVD and are now blaming it because things aren't moving as fast as they're used to (I know a couple people personally who this applies to), but that's hardly the show's fault.

The problem with love/hate is that there is not enough action in it. The show isnt that much different than a soap,

I think Nidge will at least attempt to get Tony to help get rid of Fran, could even be an exchange for Nidge getting rid of Danno who is disobeying his orders to stay away and is trying to take out one of the movements cash cows

It is insane to think that Nidge is so isolated now in terms of people who he can call on to get rid of people for him, normally that only ends one way but to get rid of Nidge would be a huge risk for the show, simply cant see it happen unless TVL is off to bigger things

Jumboman wrote: »
    The problem with love/hate is that there is not enough action in it. The show isnt that much different than a soap,

Do you watch it?

• Advertisement

:eek: Ahhhh jaysus will ya stop. Have you only tuned in tonight for the first time? Perhaps there wasnt murders galore the last 3 episodes but there was definitely a bit of palpitating drama. Stick with it. The conclusion will be fantastic. It cant be always wall to wall killings. They have to pace themselves somewhat even if they only have 6 episodes to tell the story. If they build up to something huge and unexpected then im all for it.

kryogen wrote: »
    I think Nidge will at least attempt to get Tony to help get rid of Fran, could even be an exchange for Nidge getting rid of Danno who is disobeying his orders to stay away and is trying to take out one of the movements cash cows

It is insane to think that Nidge is so isolated now in terms of people who he can call on to get rid of people for him, normally that only ends one way but to get rid of Nidge would be a huge risk for the show, simply cant see it happen unless TVL is off to bigger things

Id agree that Tony is Nidge's trump card.

Do you watch it?

Yes nothing happened in tonights episode. They should put some explosions into it also I'd like to see them have a heat style shoot out.

Heres how a real heist should be done.

Yes nothing happend in tonights episode. They should put some explosions into it also I'd like to see them have a heat style shoot out.

Thanks, now to the next, obvious question, why do you watch it?

I don't watch anything I don't enjoy, just seems like a waste of my time. Do you find you watch a lot of tv shows that you don't like?

Thanks, now to the next, obvious question, why do you watch it?

I don't watch anything I don't enjoy, just seems like a waste of my time

Because I liked the first episode in series 3 and the 2nd episode in this series. I want the show to be good but the quality of some episodes make it feel like a soap.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Dempsey wrote: »
    I know that. BE has twice the airtime, it can afford to do this. Does the cops, debbie or his mother dying really need the airtime they are currently getting. I dont think so tbh. Maybe next week, they'll do an episode on Dave's motivations in life.

Of course the cops need the airtime. Its about time we saw how the law is closing in on the main characters from their perspective rather than the one dimensional way they were portrayed in the John Boy days. I think the whole addition of the gardaí behind the scenes is a great addition to the show.

As for Debbie, I think she is going to play a pivotal part in bringing the curtain down on a lot of the crew. Even a "crackhead junkie" has their limits of shít they can put up with. The law of averages dictate that her regular flirtitious juants through the port arrivals hall may not be so successful some day soon, and when she is eventually caught with a load of snow, (probably concealed in a dildo) she will find herself in a positition to do a deal with the law. Nidge's dismissal of her could come back to haunt him later on. A case of failing to watch his enimies even more closely than his friends.

I don't think Nidge's mothers death was overplayed at all. In fact, I had forgotten about her until Trish took the call when they were in the car on the way home. She only featured in the opening and closing sequences. And that in itself is a measure of how gripping tonights show was in between.

Best episode of Love Hate so far.

Because I liked the first episode in series 3 and the 2nd episode in this series. I want the show to be good but the quality of some episodes make it feel like a soap.

Your a patient guy, 2 episodes over 4 seasons that I liked wouldn't be enough to make me stick with a show.

Fair enough though.

Guess you just don't wanna be out of the loop when the lads are talking about it in work or something. Cheers for the reply man.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Not sure if you're levelling or have the brain power of Tommy post beating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Brilliant episode. The opening scene was class.
    The moment Nidge opened himself to appreciate his family, his mother dies and his best mate is almost killed while he is at his sons communion...you can't get away from the game!
    Nidge is going to clip someone soon.
    Note: Anyone else think it's weird they refer to the Guards as "cops"...you don't hear "cops" very often in Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Note: Anyone else think it's weird they refer to the Guards as "cops"...you don't hear "cops" very often in Ireland

I didn't notice it.

I don't think it's that uncommon, but I'd imagine the average Nidgey has more colourful terms for the law..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement