Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Last night was very good because there was so little input from the garda actors

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Brilliant episode. The opening scene was class.
    The moment Nidge opened himself to appreciate his family, his mother dies and his best mate is almost killed while he is at his sons communion...you can't get away from the game!
    Nidge is going to clip someone soon.
    Note: Anyone else think it's weird they refer to the Guards as "cops"...you don't hear "cops" very often in Ireland

There was an awful lot of clipping in the last season; actually I'm preferring this year. More story-line and more real drama behind it, rather than the shallow drama of multiple brutal murders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭aisr1ofk43dpy5

Nidge told the crooked cop Martin to find out where Terry lives so he did and Nidge sent a henchman around to intimidate him and the wife and stop him doing his policework.

Cheers for that

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Flange/Flanders

This is the first time ive posted criticising lh but im livid and it has to be said. Its a disgrace abd I cant believe noone on here has mentioned it. I for one will be ringing joe today to complain. ..........I mean how can they play the explicit version of a nicky minaj song at a communion party :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,898 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

some great one liners. I wonder how Carolan comes up with some, obviously he invents some, but others are ones you hear around Dublin, or could imagine hearing in a pub or party. He must have a little note book on him every night out , lol.

He is class , all in 60 seconds , could have taken a day to get right.

"should have brought her track suit with me"

"she's alright, may as well get the wear out of it"

"leave that tray down there when your finished will ya"

"these are wopping nuggets nidge"

"I think they are made with real chicken"

"****ing madness in there can't relax"

"because de headbangers that would be after me, dont give a bollix if there are coppers or not"

That could be Oscar dialogue, but just wouldn't work.

As someone said above, do have to watch twice, even i missed one or two of above, so fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Paddy Fields

Brilliant episode. The opening scene was class.
    The moment Nidge opened himself to appreciate his family, his mother dies and his best mate is almost killed while he is at his sons communion...you can't get away from the game!
    Nidge is going to clip someone soon.
    Note: Anyone else think it's weird they refer to the Guards as "cops"...you don't hear "cops" very often in Ireland
    Probably with a view to worldwide DVD sales so as not to confuse the, mmmm!

Like Spooks on BBC, they refer to special forces but technically they don't use the term special forces in real life. There is SO19/CO19 and the SAS.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

some great one liners. I wonder how Carolan comes up with some, obviously he invents some, but others are ones you hear around Dublin. or could imagine hearing in a pub or party. He must have a little note book on him every night out , lol.

He is class , all in 60 seconds , could have taken a day to get right.

"should have brought her track suit with me"

"I think they are made with real chicken"

"****ing madness in there can't relax"

"because de headbangers that would be after me, dont give a bollix if there are coppers or not"

Also the delicious irony of a couple discussing whether or not to proceed with a pregnancy while smoking and discussing the impacts on their drug use

Lisha wrote: »
    Also the delicious irony of a couple discussing whether or not to proceed with a pregnancy while smoking and discussing the impacts on their drug use

"a little Aido running around the gaff",

classic dublin line that,

the face on her after that , was some of the best acting in that piece, she said nothing, great acting.

So much of the attention to detail is missed with one viewing. Well i'm a bit slow , a bit of a Tommy me. Except a fat arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Lisha wrote: »

I wonder does she know? I assumed that Aido was just sussing out how she would feel about another one seeing as he knows.

Like Spooks on BBC, they refer to special forces but technically they don't use the term special forces in real life. There is SO19/CO19 and the SAS.

Not rare for cops to be used in parts of Dublin, not the norm, but not unusual.

coppers is used more.

"he is a copper"
    "pig"
    "a ****in gard"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

The reason there is less action this season also is because they are being watched by the Garda and the dissidents.

The only thing I find hard to believe is that the Garda are only following Nidge. To me that doesn't make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭A.Partridge

I think Tommy is alright somehow but this will further drive a wedge between Nidge and Fran.

Totally agree with you.

I have the feeling that Tommy is pretending to be brain-damaged?

I could be wrong but he either wants out of the gang or wants to catch a few of them off-guard and then plot their downfall?

We shall see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

ciaran76 wrote: »
    The reason there is less action this season also is because they are being watched by the Garda and the dissidents.

The only thing I find hard to believe is that the Garda are only following Nidge. To me that doesn't make sense.

He's the kingpin though, they obviously are going to put the majority of their effort into toppling him as if he falls it has the greatest effect.

The rest are all small time, even Fran. Nidge is the major player with all the connections.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Totally agree with you.

I could be wrong but he either wants out of the gang or wants to catch a few of them off-guard and then plot their downfall?

We shall see.

...eh if Tommy still even had a brain cell left in proper order, he wouldn't have gotten into Fran's van and cheerily gone to his own execution. Whats with the Tommy mastermind stuff anyway. The guy was always the dumbest member of the crew (and he has some strong competition). Now he's just a walking hard-on.
    He is the factor that has driven a wedge between Nidge and Fran. In the cold light of day, Nidge won't forgive Fran for making him beg. Frans card is marked and I'm pretty sure he realises that himself. Only way out for Fran now is to kill Nidge first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Totally agree with you.

We shall see.

Why would he be flashing girls then?

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Helium

Was it clever bit showing dead horse when going to see pups, as in the old saying "no point in flogging a dead horse" in relation to Tommy's mental state.
    Anybody else think that Fran after his conversation with Nidge and seen cocking his gun, will tell Tommy to pick a pup and then proceed to shoot it in front of him sending Tommy to looney bin, and Liveline in a frenzy next day.
    First a cat then a puppy. They even put in a dead horse Joe, for crying out loud......

• Registered Users Posts: 29,347 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Fran had already racked the gun before he got the phone call from Nidge. He was unloading it before he headed back over towards Tommy.

Thought the whole phone call thing was brilliantly acted - Nidge and Siobhan are class actors.

Why would he be flashing girls then?

I agree. If Tommy does have a master plan he does not know it himself yet:)

He might be instrumental In the gangs down fall, but it will be as a catalyst.

Also are siobhan and Tommy married or does nidge use it as a turn of phrase ?
    It has only been referred to this season and I can't see the wedding having happened after the beating

I wonder does she know? I assumed that Aido was just sussing out how she would feel about another one seeing as he knows.

I assumed he had told her :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Nidge is in a corner now. He can't afford to clip Fran because he has nobody to do it and nobody to replace Fran. Elmo made a mess of shooting Darren twice and Aido's hardly reliable.

He tried threatening Fran in the pub and ended up pleading with him on the phone because he knows Fran isn't afraid of his threats. Fran only relented because he doesn't want to lose out on the money he's making with Nidge.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Did someone really expect a heat style shoot up in Love Hate? Good god, he has obviously never heard of a budget :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Totally agree with you.

We shall see.

Yeah he's clearly faking all that bleeding from his ears...

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Anyone else notice how Carolan seems top love a spitting scene! So far this series we had Nidge spitting out of the car when at Darren's grave, Elmo spitting off the balcony in the opening scene of Episode 2 of this series. In the same episode Fran gets a nice phlemgy one out after Noelie Hughes tries to take off his kneecap and last night we had Nidge gobbing out of the car.

Pretty sure there has a been a few other instances in earlier series too!

Suppose it's just another way to show the scummy side of the main characters (even tho we love them :P )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

hardCopy wrote: »
    Nidge is in a corner now. He can't afford to clip Fran because he has nobody to do it and nobody to replace Fran. Elmo made a mess of shooting Darren twice and Aido's hardly reliable.

He tried threatening Fran in the pub and ended up pleading with him on the phone because he knows Fran isn't afraid of his threats. Fran only relented because he doesn't want to lose out on the money he's making with Nidge.

Fran relented because siobhan spotted tommy getting into his van.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,680 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Either Fran clips Nidge or vice versa. In any gang there can really be only one leader, and it's clear that both these guys have such storing personalities. Fran really displays a lack of any fear of Nidge. It's becoming clearer with each episiode, whereas Nidge seems to be displaying a little fear of Fran.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Jumboman wrote: »
    Yes nothing happened in tonights episode. They should put some explosions into it also I'd like to see them have a heat style shoot out.

You should stick to things like CSI Miami if 'splosions and shooting is the only thing you count as "something happening".

You probably complained that they didn't solve a crime every week when you were watching The Wire too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

He's not.
    I could be wrong

You are.
    but he either wants out of the gang or wants to catch a few of them off-guard and then plot their downfall?

We shall see.

We shall see that your theory is crazy. Yes. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

It was the same when Siobhan rang 999, they didnt say Garda at any point, just Police

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

When she phoned the Guards last night they answered "Hello Police"

They keep referring to Solicitors as Lawyers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Fran relented because siobhan spotted tommy getting into his van.

The first thing Nidge said was "You were seen". It still took all of Nidge's begging and talking to Dave to get him to leave Tommy alone. Nidge didn't try to threaten him because he knows he doesn't scare Fran.

Nidge now has to decide if he should keep doing business with Fran who he can barely control or get rid of him before Fran decides to take over.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement