Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

conor2469 wrote: »
    No he didn't. He could've just muttered some inane gibberish and wandered off down the street.
    The fact that he got into the van that time rules out any possible theory regarding him faking his brain damage.
    Indeed. for a while, i thought he might be faking it. but with his ear bleeding and getting in the van with Fran...yeah, no chance he's faking it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

I suppose exposing yourself is all part of the plan!

what lol if shiv had not seen him then he woulda been blown to bits in the head

how would that be a good plan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭sok2005

Maybe he was waiting to see how the whole Fran thing played out? He might have made his move at the right time then. Concealed weapon? I'm just throwing some ideas out. Really liking this season. No loss from Darren's exit really.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I have to lol at people thinking a life threatening beating has turned dim witted horn dog Tommy into a cross between Rainman & Keyser Soze.

The want for revenge can change a person. You lol easily Dempsey.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

sok2005 wrote: »
    Does anyone else think Tommy is pulling a Keyser Söze???

Absolutely, definitely not.

100% No way. I will delete my account on boards and never post again if that is true.

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Absolutely, definitely not.

100% No way. I will delete my account on boards and never post again if that is true.

That seems like a reasonable response.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

What happened to the lad who was on here saying that Warren was going to be kidnapped/killed last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

The want for revenge can change a person. You lol easily Dempsey.

If he was looking for revenge he'd be asking Nidge to help him round up Nigerians. He's not because he isnt looking for revenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Tommy faking it to bring down the gang?
    Where does letting Siobhan catch him masterbating fit into the plan?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Ehhh...... extra perk of the plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

It's all part of the plan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Does anyone else think Tommy is pulling a Keyser Söze???

The crazy or short attention span people do. The thread is a handy tool for the HSE to monitor the levels of mental health and attention deficit disorders in the state.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

No way can Tommy be braindamaged, no way.....I mean you have to have a brain first to damage it :pac:

I'll eat me flute if he's putting on an act to 'take the gang down'

• Registered Users Posts: 20,898 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Yes it is such a good plan, he has given himself brain damage, to cover up his brain damage - the only problem with the plan is he can't carry out the plan because he is brain damaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Paddy Fields

kfallon wrote: »
    No way can Tommy be braindamaged, no way.....I mean you have to have a brain first to damage it :pac:

I'll eat me flute if he's putting on an act to 'take the gang down'

And will you be putting a photo in the "What I had for dinner last night" thread? :D

And will you be putting a photo in the "What I had for dinner last night" thread? :D

:D

I won't need to ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Clearly, Tommy is genuinely brain damaged but is making a very good recovery. I'm sure sooner or later he will regain his full memory and that's when things will get interesting.

Nidge has ironically talked Fran out of killing or seriously hurting Tommy. But that doesn't mean Fran will not threaten Tommy or something. Tommy will think his life is in danger and then he could tell Fran about Nidge's little secrets (I'm sure Tommy knows) about the pipebomb and the affair!

Just watching last night's episode again, Charlie Murphy and TVL were amazing in part 3 of the episode.

Even knowing what happens I can still feel the tension going thru me, brilliant stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

kfallon wrote: »
    Just watching last night's episode again, Charlie Murphy and TVL were amazing in part 3 of the episode.

Even knowing what happens I can still feel the tension going thru me, brilliant stuff!

Nidge obviously feels for Tommy and that's what makes his character so interesting: he has a conscience and last night's episode focused on the gentler, caring side of Nidge with he to all intents and purposes saving Tommy's life, his proud moment with his son at the communion and he crying after his mother's death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I think he's definitely suffering since the beating, no doubt about that.
    But is he playing it up to bring down the empire from the inside?
    He had to go with Fran or else they'd question his brain damage.

Ah he looked so happy with the puppies.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Some of us avoid the spoilers and trailers and leaks and advance stuff.... just because you want to piece the puzzle together doesn't mean everyone does.

I am not sure why anyone who wants to avoid spoilers actively participates in online discussions while the show is ongoing to be honest.
    I tend to avoid facebook/twitter and indeed threads like this, until I've at least seen the most recent episode available and then if stuff like what has been mentioned for a future episode is brought up, fair enough. Its in the public domain. I hadn't seen the video in question but just like all the "darren on set stories" and the speculation around them, it's only when you actually watch the episodes do you get the relevance of those "predictions" that people make.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Lucy and Harry

Tommy is Keyser Sose from the Usual Suspects,he will walk like a gimp then suddenly he will walk normal and put shades on and a car will pull up and he will be gone into the night.

With John Boy and his mad half brother gone and Darren the killer and Tommy messed up the gang is very weak.I don't believe they are at the top of the food chain in relation to other gangs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

I wonder will they eventually incorporate other gangs?not this series but in future? you know as in the way there's gangs in limerick and with the traveller feuds? I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

interesting that there is no other gangs involved in the storyline. wWth all the real goings on in Dublin these days you would at least think there would be major threats from other gangs for Nidge to worry about as well as the Ra after him and the cops..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

interesting that there is no other gangs involved in the storyline. wWth all the real goings on in Dublin these days you would at least think there would be major threats from other gangs for Nidge to worry about as well as the Ra after him and the cops..

Great minds us. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

deise08 wrote: »
    Great minds us. :)
    posted at the same time too. thats gas.:D

I suppose there could be a few reasons the writer hasn't really gone there this time out.
    1. They have a relatively limited amount of time per series, only so much you can fit in.
    2. He may feel there is already enough going on in each series and throughout the whole arc of the 4 series to keep viewers entertained (which in my opinion is probably correct)
    3. It takes time to develop characters, focusing on the key characters without diluting/introducing too many new ones is probably a good thing.
    4. They did it already (Frans gang and indeed the RA Gang)
    5. The way this series is going, there is nothing stopping them add another gang or multiple gangs down the line when they've run out of characters left to shoot in this gang. I havent seen Carolan interviewed but who is to know how many series he has in his head and how far ahead he is with story lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Am I the only one thinking this could be the last series - at least of Love/Hate as we know it?

Fran or Nidge clipped, Gardai close in on gang perhaps with help from Siobhan and or Tommy and everyone ends up in jail? Maybe if theres another series it will see Dano and the IRA come to the forefront?

• Advertisement

gg2 wrote: »
    Am I the only one thinking this could be the last series - at least of Love/Hate as we know it?

Fran or Nidge clipped, Gardai close in on gang perhaps with help from Siobhan and or Tommy and everyone ends up in jail? Maybe if theres another series it will see Dano and the IRA come to the forefront?
    The series isn't really anything as "we know it" in my opinion.
    While there have been key links between each series the focus on each of the series has changed from series to series (key characters being explored/built up, becoming integral to the story, then being killed off.....)

It's possible or they'll focus on the main characters in jail (as has been speculated upon, but there's no reason yet to believe that Nidge OR Fran wont get out of this series at the top of a gang, while the other is shot/jailed.

There'll still be plenty familiar characters I'd say.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement