Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Something I was wondering- why is Fran still living up the mountains in a caravan? He must be worth a few quid and surely the bomb damage to his house has been repaired by now :pac:

It's probably a convenient hideaway more than anything else......

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

Something I was wondering- why is Fran still living up the mountains in a caravan? He must be worth a few quid and surely the bomb damage to his house has been repaired by now :pac:

He used to have a fancy mobile home in a caravan park as well as a nice home before it was bombed.In the last 2 series he is driving around in old clapped out vans and living in an old caravan in a rundown farm on top of a hill.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I think Frans place is a great setting for a showdown.

I can see Debbie getting caught, what the consequences will be, I have no idea.

I don't know if Nidge trusts Elmo.

Aido on the smack could end up with him clipped, possibly along with Debbie.

Tommy could be pivotal, he now doesn't have a mobile, he might go on a day trip down the country and Nidge will assume Fran has buried him, which causes all hell to break lose. Siobhán keeps schtum about Nidge but could tip off the gards about Fran.

A gard to get clipped, causing all hell to break lose.

The young lad having a pop at Nidge, this could end up with Dano siding with Fran as Tony sides with Nidge.

I have no idea what they're up to with the dentist.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

I can see Debbie getting caught, what the consequences will be, I have no idea.

Can see that happening as well and I think it will end up with her becoming a rat for the Gardai. Nidge will end up personally putting a bullet in her. Think the seeds of this were sown last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Any significance to Fran throwing Tommy's phone out of the van? Could it be found & hold anything of interest?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

probably 100s of victims he has taken pics off after exposing himself

So it would seem that Cats aren't innocent little buggers after all :D

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/1021/481770-moldova-cat-drugs/

That black and white lad had to be stopped he was up to something :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Is there any significance to the dead horse?

jjf1974 wrote: »
    He used to have a fancy mobile home in a caravan park as well as a nice home before it was bombed.In the last 2 series he is driving around in old clapped out vans and living in an old caravan in a rundown farm on top of a hill.

Is Fran meant to be from a traveller background I wonder? Remember when Nidge said to him 'what do I look like a knacker?' when Fran asked him if he wanted to bet on the dog fighting in S2 Ep1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Sunglasses Ron

Is Fran meant to be from a traveller background I wonder? Remember when Nidge said to him 'what do I look like a knacker?' when Fran asked him if he wanted to bet on the dog fighting in S2 Ep1

I doubt it, he neither looks nor speaks like one. It has been a while mind but before they got acquainted wasn't he a cigarette smuggler and dog fight organiser rather than a drug dealer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Frans not a knacker but excuse the pun - he's a fellow traveller. He likes the lifestyle and its an easy way of staying off the radar. If he was in the US he'd be living in a shack in the woods with a grizzly bear as a pet. His house in town when not in smithereens is used for entertaining Avatar ladies/smurfs.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Just went onto RTE and there's a youtube video which was titled "Tom Vaughan Lawlor discusses the death of Nidge........" Well me feckin heart, when I scrolled over it the full title was "Tom Vaughan-Lawlor discusses the death of Nidge's mother".

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I think showing/seeing things from the Gardai side is a good thing, and has added a great new dimension,

But has anyone else taken a disliking to "Obama" for no apparent reason? I can't even put a reason on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

I think showing/seeing things from the Gardai side is a good thing, and has added a great new dimension,

But has anyone else taken a disliking to "Obama" for no apparent reason? I can't even put a reason on it.

He's a poor actor and has been given terrible lines?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Thats easy...he's not remotely believable as a copper. Maybe as a child at the communion. Even then he'd be the lad that the others pick on.

Frans not a knacker but excuse the pun - he's a fellow traveller. He likes the lifestyle and its an easy way of staying off the radar. If he was in the US he'd be living in a shack in the woods with a grizzly bear as a pet. His house in town when not in smithereens is used for entertaining Avatar ladies/smurfs.

She was only caravan standard along with probably Noelie's mouldy wife also. Linda mark 2 on the other hand could be deemed good enough to be brought back to the Dublin pad or the blonde one who came very very close to pulling Fran on St Paddys night..

I doubt it, he neither looks nor speaks like one. It has been a while mind but before they got acquainted wasn't he a cigarette smuggler and dog fight organiser rather than a drug dealer?

Thats true.

He likes the countryside though its fair to say. Out there he can finish off braindamaged people, bury dissidents, or set the dogs upon a young lad that owes him money

EDIT: He was small time enough but tried to get in on one of John Boys drug deals but his stuff got confiscated while John Boys got through leading to a bitter feud between the two men which seen one or two caught in the crossfire.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,347 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Can someone please remind me about Linda mk2??? I remember Linda 1 exiting stage left after the house was firebombed, but have no recollection whatsoever of another Linda.... anyone have an actress's name or picture that might jog my memory :confused:

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    He's a poor actor and has been given terrible lines?

Yeah he isnt a great actor tbh. Real Fair city standard. In there it would seem merely to appease the women heartbroken over Darrens departure.

I think the other two cops are decent actors though especially the guy who is a guard in real life. As for BF O'Byrne (Didi Hamann) top class.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Can someone please remind me about Linda mk2??? I remember Linda 1 exiting stage left after the house was firebombed, but have no recollection whatsoever of another Linda.... anyone have an actress's name or picture that might jog my memory :confused:

She was briefly in a pub scene where Nidge is trying to smooth things over with Fran in a pub after the John Boy fallout.
    Fran commented that Linda Mk 2 had 'less mileage on the clock and a better body' and then his friend passed a remark that 'this one might even give you kids' to which Fran responded by glassing him
    :D

• Advertisement

Yeah he isnt a great actor tbh. Real Fair city standard. In there it would seem merely to appease the women heartbroken over Darrens departure.

I think the other two cops are decent actors though especially the guy who is a guard in real life. As for BF O'Byrne (Didi Hamann) top class.

Ye the other cops arn't bad to be fair, I really dislike the entire angle though...

I dunno its weird to say but they are too jokey and upbeat, it's like the whole thing to them is a big game...i'd expect drug squad cops in Dublin to be a little more battle weary or something

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Ye the other cops arn't bad to be fair, I really dislike the entire angle though...

I dunno its weird to say but they are too jokey and upbeat, it's like the whole thing to them is a big game...i'd expect drug squad cops in Dublin to be a little more battle weary or something

I was told by a uniformed guard a few years back that cops can have a wicked sense of humour. One anecdote i was given was from a crime scene where a victim was lying dead on the ground having been stabbed and as a prank the cops rang the dead mans phone to freak out another cop. Thats just one instance and it doesn't reflect AGS in general in any way but i would reckon there is a certain amount of a banterous atmosphere within as a coping mechanism with what they have to deal with

Might be a far removed example compared to the cops in L/H but i reckon you have to have a gain certain personality traits in order to adjust to life in a police force. You cant be anyway sensitive. Think our boys are probably closer to Starsky and Hutch though then Frost or Morse

I was told by a uniformed guard a few years back that cops can have a wicked sense of humour. One anecdote i was given was from a crime scene where a victim was lying dead on the ground having been stabbed and as a prank the cops rang the dead mans phone to freak out another cop.

Might be a far removed example compared to the cops in L/H but i reckon you have to have a gain certain personality traits in order to adjust to life in a police force. You cant be anyway sensitive. Think our boys are probably closer to Starsky and Hutch though then Frost or Morse

Ah ye I know, suppose just seems a little off key with the rest of the show...

That story seems a little hard to beleive though, if some guy was murdered, pretty sure his phone records would be pretty important evidence in court (if it got that far) I couldn't see Gardai messing with the kinda stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 29,347 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

She was briefly in a pub scene where Nidge is trying to smooth things over with Fran in a pub after the John Boy fallout.
    Fran commented that Linda Mk 2 had 'less mileage on the clock and a better body' and then his friend passed a remark that 'this one might even give you kids' to which Fran responded by glassing him
    :D

Cheers for that, but means not a lot to me, I'm afraid :confused: Well, I remember the quote, but still can't picture her.

Any idea of the actress's name?

Clearly I need to watch series 1-3 again :D

Just went onto RTE and there's a youtube video which was titled "Tom Vaughan Lawlor discusses the death of Nidge........" Well me feckin heart, when I scrolled over it the full title was "Tom Vaughan-Lawlor discusses the death of Nidge's mother".

Considering that back in 2007 or so their ads for the final Sopranos episode all but showed us the murder of
    Phil Leotardo
    I wouldn't be surprised. Whoever did the editing for that ad should be shot!

EDIT: He was small time enough but tried to get in on one of John Boys drug deals but his stuff got confiscated while John Boys got through leading to a bitter feud between the two men which seen one or two caught in the crossfire.

I did like the way that since the original falling out he was always very eager to push Nidge in the direction of killing Darren. He never quite forgave him for trying to shoot him dead around the back of the pub that time :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

I did like the way that since the original falling out he was always very eager to push Nidge in the direction of killing Darren. He never quite forgave him for trying to shoot him dead around the back of the pub that time :pac:

Or for killing his dog!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 645 ✭✭✭loveBBhate

"Listen Frano, I eh, I've been around this game a lot longer than you...

BUT NOT A FCUKING HAIR!"

Love it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭heyheyhey1982

Any one think that the Fran and Trish "coming down with something" is going to grow into something. They made a bit of a point of it. Unless he's caught HIV from the hooker Boss!

• Advertisement

It was actually Tommy that attempted it but perhaps he suspected Darren. That said Darren would have actually got the job done

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement