Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

One thing for sure is the next 3 episodes are gonna be a cracker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

and lets not forget that this Hit on nidge isn't sanctioned by the boss...this echoes the donaghmede gang....after yer man was shot...basically his entire gang were booted out of the ra and several of them were kneecapped for non IRA activity.

That is very true. Tony represents the IRA leadership in Love/Hate and he has repeatedly warned Dano not to touch Nidge unless he says so. More than likely, Wayne (with or without Lizzie?) will have a go at Nidge and fail and then Dano will too. Then, Tony and Nidge will become closer and Tony will court marshall Dano or even get Nidge to clip him. Or more interestingly they could keep Dano alive with Tony telling him he has 24 hours to leave Dublin and/or Ireland (with Dano regrouping for an internal IRA feud for later).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Dano is only slightly more intelligent than Tommy (ie. slightly more alert than a houseplant). I can't see him thinking himself out of any trouble he finds himself in with either Nidge or Tony.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,609 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

This series is definitely slower than the others, but thats not to say its not as good. Just different. Some of the acting has been top notch.

I take it this series will be 6 episodes too? If so, I get the feeling that we are going to see the action kick off soon.

lufties wrote: »
    One thing for for is the next 3 episodes are gonna be a cracker.

Yes, and especially the last episode. I can feel the tension already of Nidge using up his nine lives and facing down numerous threats. I predict he will survive but just about. What's in store for him?

-Wayne/Lizzie? will have a go at him and Dano will too. At least 2 attempts from the IRA.
    -He could have a meeting with Tony where originally Nidge will fear he is about to be killed but instead is told to continue the existing arrangement indefinitely.
    -The detectives will try to arrest him (I think that actually is in next week's episode?).
    -Fran and Tommy could have a very interesting little chat in the aftermath of last Sunday's yard scene. Fran could frighten Tommy into believing he is about to kill him and then tell him 'I'm not the one you need worry about' and imply Nidge caused his head injury. Tommy will regain his full memory soon and could tell Fran about the pipebomb. They could get the closest actually to doing Nidge in because they could pounce on him when he is preoccupied with cop and IRA issues.
    -The Dentist could also make a power grab attempt if he becomes the character I think he is.
    -More remote possible dangers for Nidge may include Debbie, Ado and Elmo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Although the scenes are filmed here there and everywhere I think a few hints have told us that the gang and most of its trade is concentrated around North/ East Wall and thereabouts and that random flat blocks and estates filmed elsewhere are meant to be in that area (with a few like Nidge living in nicer spots being richer members of the gang). Nearly certain it specifically mentioned Aido as living in the area in the episode where he was shot.

I'm guessing they make little specific reference to the actual area as they don't want to tie in plots featuring actual real life ongoing feuds in the likes of Crumlin and Sheriff St.

When Aido went for his piss test, it was in the "South Inner City Health Centre" or something, it was on the wall when he was talking to the junkie..

But ye I remember the line about East Wall, think Nidge said to John Boy "All of East Wall will be after us if we kill Aido"

Dano is only slightly more intelligent than Tommy (ie. slightly more alert than a houseplant). I can't see him thinking himself out of any trouble he finds himself in with either Nidge or Tony.

And he will find himself in a lot of trouble with both, possibly/probably with an alliance of both.

NIMAN wrote: »
    This series is definitely slower than the others, but thats not to say its not as good. Just different. Some of the acting has been top notch.

I take it this series will be 6 episodes too? If so, I get the feeling that we are going to see the action kick off soon.

Yes, 6 episodes because the DVD is out the 11th November, implying the last episode is the 10th.

I think this series is excellent and yes all four series have been different. Series 4 is quite like series 2 in some ways but will be very akin to series 3 in the last few episodes. The last episode will be a will Nidge survive suspense like the last one from series 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Big Game

and lets not forget that this Hit on nidge isn't sanctioned by the boss...this echoes the donaghmede gang....after yer man was shot...basically his entire gang were booted out of the ra and several of them were kneecapped for non IRA activity.

Splitters!!!!!

ppfj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

i hope the dentist doesn't turn gangster,to me he thinks he'll make some easy money but he's in over his head and doesn't know the full extent of what he's getting into.can't see Fran and tommy making friends,don't think he even knows about the pipe bomb thrown by nidge.he might say something inadvertently like in the cop shop with the mask and Fran but i think he's past the point of remembering anything,i could be wrong though,don't know anything about brain injury or memory loss

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭richierichballs

Every week I seem to have great ideas as to where the story line is going,
    Last week I though possibly Warren may have fallen victim to the IRA at his communion. I felt the writers really emphasized Nidges unconditional love for his son.

I kind of have a feeling this whole thing with Nidge and Fran is going to get heated,
    I think Fran my try use Tommy against Nidge e.g. Tell Tommy it was Nidge who attacked him, resulting in Tommy possibly trying to kill Nidge.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭Macy0161

don't think he even knows about the pipe bomb thrown by nidge.
    I don't think he ever knew about it, to even forget. John Boy and Darren are the only one's that have been shown to know about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭paulbok

I could see the dentist being turned into a player.
    It's been well outlined over the last few days that outside of Nidge & Fran, there is no-one in the gang capable of running it if either of those 2 are killed or jailed.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

Macy0161 wrote: »
    I don't think he ever knew about it, to even forget. John Boy and Darren are the only one's that have been shown to know about it.

ya,that's what i meant.only those 3 know about it.or knew about it in darren n John boys case

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

Not convinced Fran learning of Nidge's role in the pipe bombing will be a major issue for him. Fran knows it was done on John Boy's say so. He knows Nidge was JB's no 2 at the time - he has to have rumbled long ago that Nidge was involved to some extent.

Fran and Nidge will become sworn enemies alright, just not over Linda mark 1

Regarding the last episode, thought the scene where Nidge hears of his ma's death in the car was superb. "When?" "Jus there". As he drives on he is choking back emotion under that cheeky chappie smile of his.

Tommy up on the way up to and at Fran's yard was so disturbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,442 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Skerries wrote: »

I've only seen Hunnam in Green Street and he was bloody awful, it would be cool to see Aaron Paul's take on Nidge though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Sunglasses Ron

Skerries wrote: »

Will it be set in Boston?

From what I have read, in the East Cost the only ethnicities or gangs that live like the LH gang are black, Latino, bikers or mafia. The Irish mob, apart from in Boston, is dead as a force, most people of Irish descent in the game are aligned with the mafia or bikers. Considering dramas about bikers, black gangs and the Italian mafia have been done it is hard to see where the originality would come from for lookalike series.

i hope the dentist doesn't turn gangster,to me he thinks he'll make some easy money but he's in over his head and doesn't know the full extent of what he's getting into.can't see Fran and tommy making friends,don't think he even knows about the pipe bomb thrown by nidge.he might say something inadvertently like in the cop shop with the mask and Fran but i think he's past the point of remembering anything,i could be wrong though,don't know anything about brain injury or memory loss

Fran and Tommy's relationship depends on Nidge's relations with Fran. If Fran and Nidge slide into a negative relationship, Fran will not be able to resist telling Tommy it was Nidge who hit him and Tommy could be a useful henchman for Fran.

Of course, Fran, Nidge and Tommy could all go through phases where they are all bad friends with each other and then would get over this, make up again and face a common enemy in either the IRA or detective Moynihan's unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I know I don't have to read this thread, I choose to, but, I'm actually starting to think that all this speculation, theory building and plot twisting is starting to effect the power of this show for me a little bit. When I sit to watch the show on Sundays It's like I've already seen 5 different versions of it, so, when it plays out for real & isn't at all like we discussed here, I don't know weather to be glad or disappointed :eek:

My guess is that all the viewers who have avoided forums and social media sites are probably getting more enjoyment out of it than any of us here?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

I know I don't have to read this thread, I choose to, but, I'm actually starting to think that all this speculation, theory building and plot twisting is starting to effect the power of this show for me a little bit. When I sit to watch the show on Sundays It's like I've already seen 5 different versions of it, so, when it plays out for real & isn't at all like we discussed here, I don't know weather to be glad or disappointed :eek:

My guess is that all the viewers who have avoided forums and social media sites are probably getting more enjoyment out of it than any of us here?

its true the more you pick apart and theory/guess about upcoming episodes means your bound to come up with the actual scenario of what goes down in the next episode

i really only dabble in here after an episode dont get to invested in forum chat about a season till its over thats what I do anyways

i watch online or the RTE Player I also try to keep away from any upcoming trailers its a good thing I dont watch RTE so much:D

if anything shows like these do good to have a resting period look at breaking bads first half of S5 it was all about the slow build to the final 8 episodes and they more than well paid off

im enjoying season 4 so far people are probly just expecting to much from it now since the love/hate hype is probably at its very peak right now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 soulsearcher26

the money that bookies took on dano been killed first told me tommy wouldnt get clipped so im finding the show pretty boring to be honest top boy much better

• Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

that was some tent pole in the bed behind nidges head in the hospital!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

that was some tent pole in the bed behind nidges head in the hospital!

ha ha big emotional scene and u spot that ?:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭richierichballs

the money that bookies took on dano been killed first told me tommy wouldnt get clipped so im finding the show pretty boring to be honest top boy much better

top boy is absolutely brilliant.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

kippy wrote: »
    Surely not?
    What actually becomes of use when it gets put down?

Horses. For glue. But Fran is not a knacker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Will it be set in Boston?

From what I have read, in the East Cost the only ethnicities or gangs that live like the LH gang are black, Latino, bikers or mafia. The Irish mob, apart from in Boston, is dead as a force, most people of Irish descent in the game are aligned with the mafia or bikers. Considering dramas about bikers, black gangs and the Italian mafia have been done it is hard to see where the originality would come from for lookalike series.

The Black Donnellys

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Is there any significance to the dead horse?
    `

I'm thinking it was to go down over Tommy's dead body. Like they put an animal carcass over Git's body, so it wouldn't show on infra red in searches, or something!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 645 ✭✭✭loveBBhate

`

I'm thinking it was to go down over Tommy's dead body. Like they put an animal carcass over Git's body, so it wouldn't show on infra red in searches, or something!

Maybe, but they've shown scenes of dead horses before up near Frans that have had no significance whatsoever, perhaps just highlighting the grimness of the area. I don't know to be honest?! We knew Fran wanted to kill Tommy up there anyway, don't think the horse was used for anything too significant to be honest. I could be wrong though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

The Black Donnellys

The Black Delaneys

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement