Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I thought the dead horse was to show no one goes up there only to dump dead animals or people.
    Also the council don't go there even to clean up the dead animals so shows how remote it is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 645 ✭✭✭loveBBhate

ciaran76 wrote: »
    I thought the dead horse was to show no one goes up there only to dump dead animals or people.
    Also the council don't go there even to clean up the dead animals so shows how remote it is.

I feel stupid now that all I could say was 'to highlight the grimness if the area' :D but yes, I'd agree with this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

As Freud said "perhaps a dead horse is just a dead horse". Fran lives in the Dublin / Wicklow mountains. Its not bandit country - just shorthand for gangster graveyard. It was that long before Love/Hate aired.
    In real life, plenty of people take to the mountains at the weekend on their pushbikes and for a long walk. You may bump into a real-life Fran. You'll both say "nice morning" and walk on by. 99.999999% of the time it'll be just another IT geek stretching his legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

As Freud said "perhaps a dead horse is just a dead horse". Fran lives in the Dublin / Wicklow mountains. Its not bandit country - just shorthand for gangster graveyard. It was that long before Love/Hate aired.
    In real life, plenty of people take to the mountains at the weekend on their pushbikes and for a long walk. You may bump into a real-life Fran. You'll both say "nice morning" and walk on by. 99.999999% of the time it'll be just another IT geek stretching his legs.
    hey us IT guys like s&m and sh1t too

hey us IT guys like s&m and sh1t too

Probably more than you like being shot in the back of the head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Probably more than you like being shot in the back of the head.
    twas heartbreaking how happy the tommy lad was with the puppies! and fran about to blow his head off!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

You get a lovely all day breakfast up there too apparently.

hardCopy wrote: »
    You get a lovely all day breakfast up there too apparently.

And a free finger with it. Says nothing about fish on the menu, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

that was some tent pole in the bed behind nidges head in the hospital!

Ha ha ha think that's Tommy having another go :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

The dentist could turn out to be a great character. He is a good actor. Real shifty bastard with a bit of a dark side...love the way dealt with the dental nurse!

He seems a bit of a loser and feels hard done by. When he gave his ex the money he seemed to expect that would bring her back, he was disgusted she was going out, plus he fancies himself as a financial guru despite being in so much debt. Running the tab for the dentists suits Nidge, it makes him more dependent on him.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

Loved the toothfairy gag with Nidge,was epic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Skerries wrote: »

Wait. What? America invented the crime drama genre? Why would they reimport a product they have been producing for years?
    According to that story, the only people touting a 'US Love/Hate' are Paddy Power.
    Who, as far as I know, don't have much say over what airs on US TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Pinkman

Wait. What? America invented the crime drama genre? Why would they reimport a product they have been producing for years?
    According to that story, the only people touting a 'US Love/Hate' are Paddy Power.

Exactly. It's pure ****e by Paddy Power. I mean why on earth would Charlie Hunnam be interested in doing it? He is the lead actor in one of the top cable shows in the US - Sons Of Anarchy which will continue on till at least the end of next year. I highly doubt he would be doing another TV show. All his focus will be on his film career. Aaron Paul also mentioned? I'd love to know where PP get this stuff from. Why would the US be interested in Love'/Hate? It's very original and ground breaking for an Irish show but there is nothing remotely original about it as a show compared to US crime shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

K-9 wrote: »
    He seems a bit of a loser and feels hard done by. When he gave his ex the money he seemed to expect that would bring her back, he was disgusted she was going out, plus he fancies himself as a financial guru despite being in so much debt. Running the tab for the dentists suits Nidge, it makes him more dependent on him.

The dentist will be an interesting character. What will they do with him? Either way, he will be a criminal but it remains to be seen if he will be a successful one or not?

I have a feeling he will get a little too found of things and could see crime as his only successful option and he would not be the first medical professional to turn a failed career in that into a successful career in crime. Look at this joker:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayman_al-Zawahiri

Andrew is not as evil as this guy for sure (and is not real!) but all he needs is for Nidge to give him some space and if he ends up impressing Nidge with what he can do, then he is well on his way to be at the very least on a par with corrupt solicitor Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Maybe it is some cultural exchange. US remake Love/Hate and Ireland remake Miami Vice. Well, we'd hit a problem: Miami is not in Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Maybe it is some cultural exchange. US remake Love/Hate and Ireland remake Miami Vice. Well, we'd hit a problem: Miami is not in Ireland!

Bettystown Vice has a certain ring to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Bettystown Vice has a certain ring to it.

Midleton Vice: an exploration into drink-fuelled crime set in rural Ireland. Basically a lot of bar fights and drink-driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Medulla-Oblong-F**king-delata

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

prospect wrote: »
    Medulla-Oblong-F**king-delata

Ha Ha - that was hilarious alright. I thought for a split second he was going to get it right! I actually spluttered half a mouthful of beer with laughing when he came up with that classic.

Fran is by far the most likeable character on the show, probably because he is a sop to us culchies with his clapped-out van, hovel in the arse-end of nowhere and animals. Obviously, he has psychopathic tendencies and a penchant for brutality but at least he likes a few beers and a laugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

byronbay2 wrote: »
    Ha Ha - that was hilarious alright. I thought for a split second he was going to get it right! I actually spluttered half a mouthful of beer with laughing when he came up with that classic.

Fran is by far the most likeable character on the show, probably because he is a sop to us culchies with his clapped-out van, hovel in the arse-end of nowhere and animals. Obviously, he has psychopathic tendencies and a penchant for brutality but at least he likes a few beers and a laugh!

Great scene that one. Fran's a gas B&stard.

What did Nidge say to Fran at the end when he got pretty ratty saying he'd been in the game much longer than Fran?

Couldn't catch it or the significance of it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭richierichballs

hooch-85 wrote: »
    Great scene that one. Fran's a gas B&stard.

What did Nidge say to Fran at the end when he got pretty ratty saying he'd been in the game much longer than Fran?

Couldn't catch it or the significance of it?

"Not a f*ckin hair"

referring to him going near Tommy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

byronbay2 wrote: »

Gowan the culchies:D

Fran the man is a legend - and very cute even with his gappy mouth ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭srfc19

Some people on this thread have so many different feelings/ideas about whats going to happen next.

Must be mad hectic inside your heads, unfortunately most of the ideas sound more like they've come from Tommy rather than any writer!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Just rewatching Series 2 (watched series 1 last night), all i can say is

"Will we have one for the road?" :pac:

Are series 1 or 2 available to watch online anywhere, have nearly forgotten them at this stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Are series 1 or 2 available to watch online anywhere, have nearly forgotten them at this stage

Nope. You can pick them up cheaply on DVD though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 645 ✭✭✭loveBBhate

Coola boola lads;)

No problem Hoochie, no problem. No problem.

loveBBhate wrote: »
    No problem Hoochie, no problem. No problem.

Funny thing about that is my nickname is actually hooch so hoochie is one I'd be called too.

Was thinking last night we could turn this into a full dialogue roleplay but that would be going a bit off topic so I refrained!

@Biggame, the quality on vimeo is quiet good even if there is ads every 5 mins on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Big Game

Funny thing about that is my nickname is actually hooch so hoochie is one I'd be called too.

Was thinking last night we could turn this into a full dialogue roleplay but that would be going a bit off topic so I refrained!

@Biggame, the quality on vimeo is quiet good even if there is ads every 5 mins on it.

Ah, wasn't really thinking of streaming it! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭richierichballs

"Are ya ladyburd or a durrrtburd?"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement