Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

I think Fran and Nidge will fall in love get married and adopt tommy as their son

All they need then is 2 more children. They already have a dog and Tommy is the 0.4 of a child :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

deise08 wrote: »
    Served a lad in our shop today the image of Elmo ha ha know it wasn't him cos he was only a youngfella. there's another guy comes in the double of nidge but he's foreign. anyone else noticing any lookalikes around? :)

Seen a black and white cat the other day. Was the spitting image of the RIP cat.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 645 ✭✭✭loveBBhate

Seen a black and white cat the other day. Was the spitting image of the RIP cat.

If you were any fan of the Love/Hate you woulda shot it.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Benteke

I'm enjoying the slow pace this season, You can just feel it reaching boiling point and it has you on the edge of your seat not knowing when it is all going to kick off, I'm not sure what to think of the dentist, His voice is irritating and every time he has a scene it just puts a downer on the show for me, if he does continue in the show then I don't know what to think, I have never seen him act before, So I don't know if he is capable of getting tougher and with that become more likeable.

For me the show is all about Nidge and Fran, Brilliant characters, I like Elmo and Aido but I don't think they are capable of carrying the show like Nidge and Fran, They bring everything to the table from drama, violence and the comedy value, I would hate either to leave but I can only see season 5 been Nidge v Fran, If anything they are both as sinister as each other, So it will make fantastic television

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Duggie2012 wrote: »
    it will be interesting to see how fran and nidge get on now, once fran had him begging him not to kill tommy. made him look very weak...a little to weak for my liking. fran's character is fearless, maybe elmo's redemption could be to knock off fran....hmmmm. i hope not though, fran is megga. :D

I agree, Fran is the top man this season so far, Nidge is good too but he's been a better character to watch in previous seasons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭CountryJoe

I think season 4 is top class so far. Rough and all as Nidge is, he is in no way hard enough to be the gang leader. He has a conscience which is a major achilles heel in the underworld. Fran is the obvious choice to lead the gang as he seems to have very little in the way of remorse for his actions. But I imagine we are headed for a season 5 which involves a Nidge vs Fran.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

Ha Mr Dentist hosted the Den for an afternoon!

Maybe the Dentist guy will take over the gang.

CountryJoe wrote: »
    I think season 4 is top class so far. Rough and all as Nidge is, he is in no way hard enough to be the gang leader. He has a conscience which is a major achilles heel in the underworld. Fran is the obvious choice to lead the gang as he seems to have very little in the way of remorse for his actions. But I imagine we are headed for a season 5 which
    involves a Nidge vs Fran.

Nidge isn't the hardest but he is more than likely the smartest. That said he is losing his grip slightly without Darrens undoubted loyalty to rely on. I do think though he is such a self preservationist that he will do what he can to survive. I believe he will.
    His sons are his achilles heels though. I would expect him to do a deal with Tony that could see Dano and Fran get clipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

loveBBhate wrote: »
    If you were any fan of the Love/Hate you woulda shot it.

It had eight bullets in it already so I decided to go the Fran route and give it one last chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Its based on gangland Dublin...so in reality they all shoot and/or snitch on each other until a younger generation of lowlifes take over. Nobody in this gets out on top. Maybe in the final ever scene we'll see Fran / Nidge / Dentist fixing a tractor in the Australian outback. Witness relocation is as close to survival as these guys come.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

Its based on gangland Dublin...so in reality they all shoot and/or snitch on each other until a younger generation of lowlifes take over. Nobody in this gets out on top. Maybe in the final ever scene we'll see Fran / Nidge / Dentist fixing a tractor in the Australian outback. Witness relocation is as close to survival as these guys come.

The monk seems to have got out on top and is now a successful "businessman".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

Jumboman wrote: »

he wasn't in the same line of crime as love hate portrays.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Jumboman wrote: »

Not quite like for like with the monk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Nidge isn't the hardest but he is more than likely the smartest. That said he is losing his grip slightly without Darrens undoubted loyalty to rely on. I do think though he is such a self preservationist that he will do what he can to survive. I believe he will.
    His sons are his achilles heels though. I would expect him to do a deal with Tony that could see Dano and Fran get clipped.

I would agree. Nidge has a mix of good and bad in him that shows his complexities and makes him an extremely likeable character. He has talked his way out of so many tricky situations and has taken advantage of events.

I too believe Nidge and Tony will do a deal. Remember, that the Dano/Lizzie/Wayne team are going against Tony's policies when they will try and kill Nidge. They will find themselves on the wrong end of the CIRA leaving Tony and Nidge to do a deal whereby Nidge continues the arrangement he has negotiated with Tony indefinitely. I'd say somehow it will be Tony who will end up killing Dano if Dano is to be killed. Hopefully, Tony will exile Dano instead allowing him to regroup and create an internal republican feud for series 5.

With regard to Fran and Tommy, it will be interesting. I predict that Fran will not kill Tommy and these two will instead become far closer. Fran will tell Tommy about Nidge's involvement in his head injuries when the Nidge/Fran relationship turns from love to hate.

Nidge feels terrible about Tommy as seen last week and what will Siobhan think? Nidge is her uncle and Tommy her partner!!

Fran could well be tempted to team up with Dano if it is the case that Fran#s relations with Nidge sink to an all time low but we must remember here too that Fran was every bit as involved as Nidge in the Git coverup!

CountryJoe wrote: »
    I think season 4 is top class so far. Rough and all as Nidge is, he is in no way hard enough to be the gang leader. He has a conscience which is a major achilles heel in the underworld. Fran is the obvious choice to lead the gang as he seems to have very little in the way of remorse for his actions. But I imagine we are headed for a season 5 which involves a Nidge vs Fran.

Same here. Season 4 is excellent and it will be interesting to see how the Nidge/Fran relationship will unfold. Nidge's conscience and inner struggles have always been a theme and we have seen this in the present series with how he feels about what he did to Tommy and what happened to Darren. In the past, he felt terrible about having to pipebomb Fran's girlfriend's place. Darren was always a character Nidge confided in. In a way, Janet has replaced his role.

Fran also has a conscience but much less so than Nidge. At present and in the past, Fran has always shown himself to be able to keep it together no matter what and does not let himself be ruled by emotions be they love or hate! He also has basically at present only himself to worry about (where is Linda mark 2?!?!) whereas Nidge has his family and he obviously cares about Tommy and Siobhan as well as Janet. On top of this, Fran has done less if anything in the way of hurting people he cares for in bursts of anger and has not been forced like Nidge to kill someone he cares about like Nidge had to do in such cases as Darren or indeed (Fran's girlfriend) Linda. This all gives Fran the advantage in thinking more clearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭CaptainFreedom

He also has basically at present only himself to worry about (where is Linda mark 2?!?!)

Prob dumped him after he went on holiday for a bit after glassing the barman when he was slagged about having no kids.

The only confidant Fran has is Dean, who is more of a background character despite being introduced as part of Frans crew at the same time Fran came along in S2.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Have a feeling the dentists wife's fella, will get a visit from the lads

• Registered Users Posts: 49 BertMark

Pinkman wrote: »
    Exactly. It's pure ****e by Paddy Power. I mean why on earth would Charlie Hunnam be interested in doing it? He is the lead actor in one of the top cable shows in the US - Sons Of Anarchy which will continue on till at least the end of next year. I highly doubt he would be doing another TV show. All his focus will be on his film career. Aaron Paul also mentioned? I'd love to know where PP get this stuff from. Why would the US be interested in Love'/Hate? It's very original and ground breaking for an Irish show but there is nothing remotely original about it as a show compared to US crime shows.

It's already been bought by a US TV company. One of the heads of the production company who make L/H was on Newstalk a couple of weeks ago saying they've sold it and expect it an American version on the air within 18 months.

Prob dumped him after he went on holiday for a bit after glassing the barman when he was slagged about having no kids.

The only confidant Fran has is Dean, who is more of a background character despite being introduced as part of Frans crew at the same time Fran came along in S2.

True. And the question here is: will Dean become Fran's answer to Darren?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭CaptainFreedom

Looks like RTE are finally going on a copyright infringement rampage, a lot of streams and youtube links are now gone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Looks like RTE are finally going on a copyright infringement rampage, a lot of streams and youtube links are now gone

I have no sympathy for them on that tbh, the vast majority of people I know pirating it are those who have emigrated or are just away for a while. Like the BBC iplayer, RTE need to realise that you can't segregate content by geographic area anymore and it makes no sense to do so. Not allowing up later to be used by Irish people abroad opens the door to piracy on a massive scale, and the only person to blame is whatever eejit didn't realise that when makin the content restriction policy for the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,555 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I wonder are the ratings as high for this series as the last one?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

I think its safe to say that if Nidge were in Amsterdam on business he'd stream this. Even though I'd imagine he's paid up his TV license, local property tax (including the rental income / knocking shop) and has tax and insurance on all the cars. Nothing like getting busted for a broken taillight with a corpse in the boot, eh Nidge.

I have no sympathy for them on that tbh, the vast majority of people I know pirating it are those who have emigrated or are just away for a while. Like the BBC iplayer, RTE need to realise that you can't segregate content by geographic area anymore and it makes no sense to do so. Not allowing up later to be used by Irish people abroad opens the door to piracy on a massive scale, and the only person to blame is whatever eejit didn't realise that when makin the content restriction policy for the website.

Yea they've even blocked it from VPN use, how the hell they managed I don't know. It drives me mad that I have to resort to this thread to see what happens:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

Anybody knows name of the song that's playing during trailers?
    http://www.rte.ie/drama/tv/featured/lovehate/playlist.html
    if you click on Episode 4 Promo, it plays that calm awesome song, anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,586 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The XX - Intro

Love that tune too, could listen to it all day, there's a 10 hour seemless edit of it up on Youtube too if you fancy getting properly in to the zone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

The XX - Intro

Love that tune too, could listen to it all day, there's a 10 hour seemless edit of it up on Youtube too if you fancy getting properly in to the zone :D

Thanks, finally found it, last week I tried scanning commercial using the Shazam and TrackID but it didn't ID it, so I assumed it was made by the creators of Love/Hate which will probably mean it doesn't exist, but now I have it , thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭brian_t

I wonder are the ratings as high for this series as the last one?

I think the ratings are almost 50% higher for this 4th series.

True. And the question here is: will Dean become Fran's answer to Darren?

I notice Dean seemed a little bit too happy to see Tommy drop the trousers last week.

• Advertisement

I notice Dean seemed a little bit too happy to see Tommy drop the trousers last week.

Yea I noticed that ha ha, Fran's right hand man. No sign of his other 'buddy' Carlo this season yet, the lad he stabbed with a glass in season 2.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement