Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

Stooped wrote: »
    I'm confused. Why did they kneecap Dano?

He tried to kill Nidge without RA approval and they need him for their smuggling operations.

How so?

Not so much the finishing but Ryan is believed to have been shot because he was in the mould of a 'Dano'. He was believed to have used the banner of the RA to go on his own solo runs and settle his own scores.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,694 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I had a feeling Deano would get done. He was disobeying orders.

Anyone else find the scene with Fran and the dude at the front door talking about digging up the ma hilarious?

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Reality_Check1

lads ye missed the last thing Tony said to Nidge "our day will come"

Perhaps indicating that they do intend to do Nidge at some stage

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

Stooped wrote: »
    I'm confused. Why did they kneecap Dano?

They killed him because he wouldnt leave Nidge alone like he promised. After Lizzie got arrested that was game up for Danno.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

With the blood he'll lose and the isolation he is in id be surprised he'll even need those ramps. That said it could really spice things up if Dano survived :)

Breaking Bad spoiler
    Dano to do a "Hector Salamanca" and take out Tony, Nidge & Fran

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Great episode.
    Yeah, stuff may have happened a bit too conveniently, the dentists nurse going to the guards etc, but that might help speed up the plot which should keep the more impatient of those on this thread happy.
    Nidge thinks he is coola boola now having sorted out his would be assassins however the cops are covertly gonna take him down.

That was a really really fast hour, gripping stuff from start to finish and with plenty sub plots simmering under the surface (as ever)

ted2767 wrote: »
    Frankly its unbelievable that they'd just walk away after the lad was found in the boot of a car.

Season 4 is a let down in my opinion.

When he didnt grass up the gang Nidge being the perpetual thinking man thought well perhaps this guy might prove useful. You need to broaden your mind to the many facets of the Irish Criminal :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

griffin100 wrote: »
    A couple of weak plot lines this week.

The dental nurse going to the Gards was a bit of a stretch.

Nidge has spent the entire series changing cars but once the Gards put a bug in his jeep he dries nothing else.

Apart from the poor Garda acting still great I think.

Agreed.

The nurse going to the Gardai was a huge stretch. She had a disagreement with her boss and then decides to tell the guards, which just happens to be the unit investigating the lads. Surely the could have wrote something better?

I have to say the Gardai are poor in this series. Very hard to like and just don't convince me. Compare them to some of the cops in the Wire, the likes of Bunk and Lester, very poor in comparison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

Well I didn't see that coming with the RA

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

similarities with the alan ryan thing there?

More to do with this which happened in 2002 I would think ?

In a separate development last week, the so-called OC [officer commanding] of the Dublin brigade has been stood down. This follows reports of increasing acrimony in Dublin and, amid recriminations of bad judgement by the OC and criminal behaviour by certain Dublin-based IRA members, one of whom was shot in a punishment-style attack.

The IRA abducted the man, interrogated him and then shot him in the legs. Informed sources say he was interrogated about the activities of the Dublin OC which in turn led to the reported expulsion. There is speculation in Provisional IRA circles that the allegations of criminality will strengthen the hand of those in the leadership who favour disbandment. Whatever support exists in the south for disbandment does not exist north of the border, however.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Did they dig up yer man's ma or was it just to defile her grave? They mentioned about having her in the sitting room but it seemed the smell got to them. Did something like this actually happen in Gangland Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

Aghh jaysus thats old news. Nidge knows hes going to get done,he said it to Fran after been interrigated in the last series and Tony said it long ago to Dan.After they are finished taking his money he'll get whats coming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Dunno about the rest of ye moany marys but I thought that was a great episode, a lot going tonight.
    arleitiss wrote: »
    one swing and thats it, while it takes time to react, point and shoot.

Guns take time, knives don't.
    Whose mother is Fran digging up? Sorry my bf keeps talking over it, he doesn't watch this!!!

That's Noalies mother, the lad who knocked out Frannos teef for riding his missus.
    Anyone know this tune is it Sinead O'Connor?

This is a Rebel Song, I haven't heard it for a long time, a great piece of music IMO.

If the gang stuff doesn't work out for Franno, he has a job in Social Protection. "There's a ****in deep sea weldin job in ****in Asia, and you're the ****in man for it, d'ya know what I mean" :cool:

neris wrote: »
    Aido been loosing the flab?

He said as soon as his leg got better he'd head back down the gym. :D He might be less partial to the odd bacon butty sambo these times also.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,587 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

ted2767 wrote: »
    Frankly its unbelievable that they'd just walk away after the lad was found in the boot of a car.

Season 4 is a let down in my opinion.

There would have been no evidence of any crime taking place, if the kidnap victim said it was friends acting the mick what could be done, wouldn't stand up in any court. Also the gun they had was given to that kid at the flats so nothing to hold them for, the Gardaí are after a big hit to convict them, not something that will end up with no result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

I got a bit lostthere watching the last 10 mins...
    Did nidge arrange a meeting withTony yea?
    What did Tony say to nidge when nidge said he wanted to know find out something?
    Sounds like ' he was doing asolo run'.

Didnt catch it or what he was refering to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Not buying the bogger opera singer or the Gaybo character atall atall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

When should this be available on the RTE Player ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

There would have been no evidence of any crime taking place, if the kidnap victim said it was friends acting the mick what could be done, wouldn't stand up in any court. Also the gun they had was given to that kid at the flats so nothing to hold them for, the Gardaí are after a big hit to convict them, not something that will end up with no result.

The least they would of done is bring them in for questioning if that happened in real life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

What did Tony say to nidge when nidge said he wanted to know find out something?

A solo run in trying to kill Nidge.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

That Dano was acting alone in trying to get Nidge killed

• Registered Users Posts: 82,587 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Stinicker wrote: »
    Did they dig up yer man's ma or was it just to defile her grave? They mentioned about having her in the sitting room but it seemed the smell got to them. Did something like this actually happen in Gangland Ireland?

Don't think so but there has been plenty of headstone smashings.

tiochfaidh ar la

the IRA saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Daith

Nidge wanted to know if the IRA had arranged a hit on him. Tony said no and that it was Dano going off by himself to arrange a hit on Nidge (the solo run)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

the_monkey wrote: »
    When should this be available on the RTE Player ?

At least an hour normally, could be longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭kilkenny12

RA boss man mentioned in the car that there's bugs everywhere. I think something might click there with paranoid Nidgey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Nidge wanted to meet Tony to find out if the hit on him was sanctioned by the IRA or not. If it was, he's ****ed either way, if not, well, we know what happened Danno, he had his warning before.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Great episode tonight. Glad to see Lizzie and Dano gone, she was really beginning to annoy me. Looks like the John Venables lookalike has secured himself a role in Season 5 if it happens. Does anyone else think that Siobhan will be the one to eventually kill Nidge when she finds out it was him that battered Tommy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Blay wrote: »
    A solo run in trying to kill Nidge.

Dan or the young fella?? Im still a bit lost!!
    Where was dano thinking he was walking to with the two?

Edit... Saw the posts above now, so im clued in now!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement