Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 OguchiOneywu

Does anyone else think RTE give away too much in their ads? I knew they weren't going to get Nidge because the ad for the start of the season showed him hiding under the bed! I'll make sure to avoid them for the last two episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

Don't think so but there has been plenty of headstone smashings.

wasnt a lad killed in sheriff who had his body disfigured when he was at the funeral home

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Dan or the young fella?? Im still a bit lost!!
    Where was dano thinking he was walking to with the two?

Dano, no idea..to meet Tony maybe.

I reckon Frano's time is running out....Deano and Carlo are getting very disillusioned with him as he is making enemies all over and dragging them into all sorts of fúcked up sh*t. Carlo is trying his best to go straight too. Dont be surprised if they decide to go down the route of how John Boy was offed and arrange his disposal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Daith

Dan or the young fella?? Im still a bit lost!!
    Where was dano thinking he was walking to with the two?

Dano. Dano probably thought they had Nidge and he was going there to kill him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

kilkenny12 wrote: »
    RA boss man mentioned in the car that there's bugs everywhere. I think something might click there with paranoid Nidgey.
    I thought he said spies everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

It's over to RTE +1 for me.

Have to watch this episode again. Really enjoyed it, great writing and the series is going from strength to strength building up to a great final episode.

Worth every cent of the €600,000 per episode

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ted2767

There would have been no evidence of any crime taking place, if the kidnap victim said it was friends acting the mick what could be done, wouldn't stand up in any court. Also the gun they had was given to that kid at the flats so nothing to hold them for, the Gardaí are after a big hit to convict them, not something that will end up with no result.

Sorry but thats nonsense.
    If that happened in real life people would be up in arms that a suspect was released so quickly.
    Frankly the story line is unbelievable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

I reckon Frano's time is running out....Deano and Carlo are getting very disillusioned with him as he is making enemies all over and dragging them into all sorts of fúcked up sh*t. Carlo is trying his best to go straight too. Dont be surprised if they decide to go down the route of how John Boy was offed and arrange his disposal.

Yeah, it could well happen. Did you see the way Nidge was looking at the fella at the dog fight, then at Franno? Not good.
    Does anyone else think RTE give away too much in their ads? I knew they weren't going to get Nidge because the ad for the start of the season showed him hiding under the bed! I'll make sure to avoid them for the last two episodes.

This time last week I would have said yes. Now I say no, I thought there was going to be a bloodbath in Nidgeys house tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

I don't think that is that far fetched about the dental nurse. She was spoken to badly, she knew what was going on and gets sacked. She doesn't want that on her CV to hamper her career and earnings. Not surprising she wanted her own back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Daith wrote: »
    Dano. Dano probably thought they had Nidge and he was going there to kill him.

That's what I thought too

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

ted2767 wrote: »
    If that happened in real life people would be up in arms that a suspect was released so quickly.

Yeah we know but they're doing it all in 6 episodes and nobody wants to see more interview room scenes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 645 ✭✭✭loveBBhate

I'm watching MOTD now and then I'll go up to bed and watch Love/Hate again, I know it might seem silly but I ways do this. Find I pick up on a lot more the second time round. Sorry I know that sounds stupid and that I've a mind like poor Tommy but hey :)

no complaint, no crime.

thats the way in real life. how many fellas get shot and dont make a complaint?
    when they dont no-one can be brought to court.

if the injured party says it was his buddies having a joke, then it would never go anywhere, no charge, no court.
    exactly like real life and very very believable

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Not really. Yes the could have hauled them all off to the station but the young fella was adamant they were friends. They could have dragged it out and showed us them in the station...for what? Result would have been the same

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

when will this be available on the RTE player? I missed it LIVE earlier

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

dfbemt wrote: »
    It's over to RTE +1 for me.

Have to watch this episode again. Really enjoyed it, great writing and the series is going from strength to strength building up to a great final episode.

Worth every cent of the €600,000 per episode

600 grand just for one episode:eek: ?

Full length Independent British feature films are made for that amount of money. A full episode of love/hate should not cause anymore than 100k.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

True, even if they're operating a hands-off policy on Nidge and co. they'd have kept them in for a few hours of timewasting just to keep up appearances. Anybody in Nidge's position after a free pass like that would call a cooling off period to see wtf was up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

Very believeable storyline imo.Those type of lads don't rat on each other and the cops have nothing on them.If that happened in real life no one would care because "they are only scumbags anyway"

Yeah, it could well happen. Did you see the way Nidge was looking at the fella at the dog fight, then at Franno? Not good..

Ya i picked up on that but there was a few ways you could interpret it. Nidge seems to be clocking everyone these times out of paranoia.

Underbelly spoiler alert
    George Freeman told Johnny Ibrahim in S3 he was too small to be the toughest but he was smart enough to be the smartest

This applies to Nidge.

I think also that Nidge sees his new 'Dazzler' in Wayne.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

I opened that rag of **** the Sunday World today and saw they decided to give away massive spoilers in pictures. They're a bunch of scumbags and hopefully it'll be a long, long time before I decided to open that "paper" again ( I honestly didn't buy it )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭The Dagda

Did you see the way Nidge was looking at the fella at the dog fight, then at Franno?

That was just because Nidge was trying to figure out where he saw him before.

I was the same.

I figured it out in the end, he was on the Henry McKean TV3 show about travellers. Henry interviewed him on Crough Patrick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Jumboman wrote: »

Full length Independent British feature films are made for that amount of money. A full episode of love/hate should not cause anymore than 100k.

Report in Irish Indo last week that it cost €600k per episode and that is even when they get some sites to shoot for free

Irish Indo Link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

Our day will come was clearly sarcasm i.e. he does not believe it himself. IRA as cover for money making.

Letting the kid go: he said they were his friends and hence there was no crime. This is the same reason the guards have trouble getting these guys sometimes. You can't arrest people when nobody admits a crime is happening to them.

How so? Wayne said they were just messing. They can do little then because they know he be any use as their witness which is crucial so why waste time?

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ted2767

Not really. Yes the could have hauled them all off to the station but the young fella was adamant they were friends. They could have dragged it out and showed us them in the station...for what? Result would have been the same

So they'd just walk away scott free?

I reckon they'd be kept in for the min legal time allowable at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

Jumboman wrote: »

TV is very expensive to make, Charlie Broker once said it cost 60k per episode for Screenwipe and that's just 30 mins of him in front of a camera ranting.

Its 40m of relativity high quality tv, would you be shocked if an Irish ganster based film cost 1.2m to make?

The first season of breaking bad cost $2.4 per episode which is low budget by US standards running it an 1/3 of that isn't that excessive.

Raw used to cost about 200K per episode and its almost entirely shot in the one restaurant

600K may be slightly over the top but its closed to that than 100K

scopper wrote: »
    Our day will come was clearly sarcasm i.e. he does not believe it himself. IRA as cover for money making.

Letting the kid go: he said they were his friends and hence there was no crime. This is the same reason the guards have trouble getting these guys sometimes. You can't arrest people when nobody admits a crime is happening to them.

Exactly. And Wayne also threatened to blame it on the Gardai.

Wayne and Lizzie are brilliant characters.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

TV is very expensive to make, Charlie Broker once said it cost 60k per episode for Screenwipe and that's just 30 mins of him in front of a camera ranting.

Its 40m of relativity high quality tv, would you be shocked if an Irish ganster based film cost 1.2m to make?

The first season of breaking bad cost $2.4 per episode which is low budget by US standards running it an 1/3 of that isn't that excessive.

Raw used to cost about 200K per episode and its almost entirely shot in the one restaurant

600K may be slightly over the top but its closed to that than 100K

For a show that doenst have that much action I think 600k is way over the top.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

So they'd just walk away scott free?

I reckon they'd be kept in for the min legal time allowable at least.
    As I said they could have shown us them down the station but that would have been pointless.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement