Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

jebus84 wrote: »
    is dan dead lads, thought they only shot him in the leg

Left him for dead though in the middle of nowhere and he passed out due to loss of blood. We can assume he is brown bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Am I the only one who thinks nidge and Fran know they're under surveillance ? Whenever they're talking by the car about loads coming in, it's seems a tad theatrical ...

Almost as if they are actually playing the cops.

I have a feeling it's a decoy of some description

Doubt it, they really think they are onto a sure thing here, and Nidge said himself said the Guards know nothing.

Maybe you are onto something but I just can't see it, it's the cockiness that'll bring them down.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

dfbemt wrote: »
    If this keeps up Episode 6 will break the 1 million viewers.

No Ray Darcy in the morning but he is sure to ramp it up on Tuesday plus RTE themselves will be sure to show some all action trailers once Episode 5 is shown next weekend.

It has been great viewing, great writing and fantastic acting.

Roll on next Sunday night.

i didn't see the episode, has the pace ramped up a bit? jaysus it would want to have.

jjf1974 wrote: »
    Its obvious the actor that plays fran never done much gardening by the way he was holding the shovel in the graveyard.

He has a jcb for all his digging which to be fair he operates quite well after a night of coke binging and drinking :D

Blay wrote: »
    Shot in each leg with a shotgun and left out in the country with no phone...doesn't look good for him.

It would be brilliant if somehow he could survive though. Would really spice things up. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

Left him for dead though in the middle of nowhere and he passed out due to loss of blood. We can assume he is brown bread.

I thought he passed out,but with that music over the credits it felt like a sending off for the character,hope we dont see the last of him tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 BertMark

Jumboman wrote: »
    600 grand just for one episode:eek: ?

Full length Independent British feature films are made for that amount of money. A full episode of love/hate should not cause anymore than 100k.

With all due respect Jumboman, how much do you know about what it costs to finance a top level TV production?

Indpendent features are far more low key and could never hope to achieve half of the stuff done in Love/Hate. The show is a massive success because it's written, acted and shot like the very best shows. It wouldn't have been if they'd done it on 100k per episode.

It loses money, they were looking for a sponsor for this series and couldn't get one, RTE tried to postpone this season until 2014 to save money but obviously didn't because of the uproar it would cause.

RTE always claim they lose money and that they do their best on such a tight budget to serve the people :rolleyes:

Id imagine the advertising alone for the 6 episodes would have covered the costs. Companies fighting to get the slot between half 9 and half 10 of a Sunday night with an audience of approx 1 million to tap into. They could up the price. DVDs flew off the shelf last year. International rights being sold right left and centre and publicity continuing to snowball.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Magnetics

So why was Dano shot? Missed a good bit of that episode. Did Tony want rid of him so he can keep Nidge around for money reasons ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Magnetics wrote: »
    So why was Dano shot? Missed a good bit of that episode. Did Tony want rid of him so he can keep Nidge around for money reasons ?

Because he went against Tony's orders in trying to kill Nidge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Seamo87

The Dagda wrote: »
    That was just because Nidge was trying to figure out where he saw him before.

I was the same.

I figured it out in the end, he was on the Henry McKean TV3 show about travellers. Henry interviewed him on Crough Patrick.

"King of the travellers", the movie from last April; he plays the lead in that along with the actor who plays "Fran".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

What was Lizzie up to? Did she bottle it or what? Last week she wouldn't clip nidge at his ma's funeral. This week she gets herself arrested for GBH. Thought it was a bit out of character unless there's some cunning plan behind it.

Yeah, Ive been wondering about this too. Think she is just fed up, danno handed the money to her which she initially refused and then wayne commented about the money and she said it wasn't about the money

Frustrated nobody knows or cares why she is doing it? and just thinks **** them all now?

think they filmed for 28 days to keep cost down for the whole season Tom Vaughan-Lawlor has said,so thats very quick compared to HBO which shoot for 10 days an episode on The Sopranos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

Missed a good bit of it tonight, does Nidge know he's been bugged?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭The Dagda

Seamo87 wrote: »
    "King of the travellers", the movie from last April; he plays the lead in that along with the actor who plays "Fran".

Well I haven't seen that so that's not how I recognised him...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

I was looking at Siobhan tonight, not like that, well ok, a bit like that, but also I hope going into the future she's not always typecast as a tear jerker.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

BertMark wrote: »
    With all due respect Jumboman, how much do you know about what it costs to finance a top level TV production?

Indpendent features are far more low key and could never hope to achieve half of the stuff done in Love/Hate. The show is a massive success because it's written, acted and shot like the very best shows. It wouldn't have been if they'd done it on 100k per episode.

I'd imagine that most of the crew that worked on the show are already on the rte pay roll so that should keep the cost down.

TV shows should not cost more than movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

He has a jcb for all his digging which to be fair he operates quite well after a night of coke binging and drinking :D

its a helluva drug....

jebus84 wrote: »
    think they filmed for 28 days to keep cost down for the whole season Tom Vaughan-Lawlor has said,so thats very quick compared to HBO which shoot for 10 days an episode on The Sopranos

Try telling this very true fact to the many wannabe Americans who we have to endure on this thread every week slating the production values and storylines for not being as good as the Wire or the Sopranos from HBO who have a massive budget to work with.

But then again why get in the way of good old fashioned pathetic Irish begrudgery at its finest.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,694 ✭✭✭✭walshb

ted2767 wrote: »
    Frankly its unbelievable that they'd just walk away after the lad was found in the boot of a car.

Season 4 is a let down in my opinion.

I agree fully. Ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

The Sunday World "love/hate mole" got it wrong .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

I was looking at Siobhan tonight, not like that, well ok, a bit like that, but also I hope going into the future she's not always typecast as a tear jerker.

Would love to see her happy for once. Have a feeling the whole thing with Tommy and the rape will make her crack altogether and she'll shop Nidge and the rest to the guards.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

For christ sake don't start the debate about Wayne being in the boot again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

i wonder will love/hate influence the gangsters the way way the godfather did the mob in the states

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

how many episodes are we getting in this season ?

Try telling this very true fact to the many wannabe Americans who we have to endure on this thread every week slating the production values and storylines for not being as good as the Wire or the Sopranos from HBO who have a massive budget to work with.

But then again why get in the way of good old fashioned pathetic Irish begrudgery at its finest.

I love all the shows you said above ,but im so proud of this show and what theyve done with the resources at hand

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Another good episode tonight. I enjoyed the twist with Wayne (a little Nidge in waiting methinks.)

But quite looking forward to seeing Fran getting clipped, I don't care by who - he's a sick toothless f**k -
    Nidge has some (few but still) redeeming qualities but Fran is off his head, a loose cannon. Wayne's granny wins the Stanislavsky natural acting award this episode I honestly think she really lives in the flat and never notices the cameras whilst watching her tv!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

i wonder will love/hate influence the gangsters the way way the godfather did the mob in the states

Yeah and maybe the IRA will start kneecapping people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

I bet most of the people you're referring to are fans of the show. They're just highlighting some faults that they see. I think the dental nurse angle was poor enough tonight and it's nothing to do with the production costs, it costs nothing to write a sharper script. I wouldn't call that begrudgery!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,587 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

how many episodes are we getting in this season ?

6, there's 2 more left.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement