Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Seans_Username

Loved Nidge's cheeky wee grin when Wayne said it was the gardaí who gave him a kicking
    c8105a72fb5947b294c8307b9c71e428.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 645 ✭✭✭loveBBhate

I just want to say, to all the nit-picking social degenerates on this thread, why do you even bother posting? Week after week the 'critics' come to this thread and their main argument is over fking retarded nonsense. ''Wah wah, the grafitti is too big, wah wah, in real life they wouldn't done this, wah wah, Darren's tribal tattoo was on his left arm instead of his right'' .. Ye're probably the sons of the old crones ringing up liveline complaining.. At least give actual critique of the show and not blabber on about minute discrepancies. Christ. Love/Hate is one of the best things to ever come from RTE, yet you aren't satisfied. You need to understand that this isn't some American drama with a 500million dollar budget on the lines of Game of Thrones or Breaking Bad. I reckon this series had less than a 5million budget, yet they're getting their money's worth. Please go away.

So true. I said something similar last night;

What's all this sh1t about comparing the might and power of the gun v sword? If Nidge had a gun handy I'm sure he would have used it. He obviously hadn't and therefore opted for the sword. Better to have that than be empty handed surrendering to the fact that the gun is mightier than the sword. Hate this type of forensic investigation that goes in to things like these, unless there's something blank wrong just sit back and enjoy it. It seems some people only watch this show to come on here and point out every little thing they think is wrong with the show, fcuking sad really.

I really don't understand it? Why spend an hour of your weekend watching Love/Hate if you're only going to give out about it and criticize every little thing. Given it's budget and all the rest that has been said, it's a pretty fcuking good show. If ya don't like it, out with your 'The Wire' box set and rewatch that.

By the way, I love The Wire but some of the comparisons are ridiculous. 'Oh, Nidge rode some bird up the arse similar to McNulty in 'x' episode. Nonsense. Both programmes involve drugs, cops, crime, etc... of course some things are gonna seem similar?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Dont think they will kill off nidge anytime soon.
    Would be a huge loss to the show.

Rather him killed of then Fran, They are all scumbags but Fran is easier to "like" then that skinny pile of **** Nidge...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

loveBBhate wrote: »
    So true. I said something similar last night;

What's all this sh1t about comparing the might and power of the gun v sword? If Nidge had a gun handy I'm sure he would have used it. He obviously hadn't and therefore opted for the sword. Better to have that than be empty handed surrendering to the fact that the gun is mightier than the sword. Hate this type of forensic investigation that goes in to things like these, unless there's something blank wrong just sit back and enjoy it. It seems some people only watch this show to come on here and point out every little thing they think is wrong with the show, fcuking sad really.

I really don't understand it? Why spend an hour of your weekend watching Love/Hate if you're only going to give out about it and criticize every little thing. Given it's budget and all the rest that has been said, it's a pretty fcuking good show. If ya don't like it, out with your 'The Wire' box set and rewatch that.

Seriously though, is it credible that somebody who is 'supposedly' being hunted and is 'supposedly' paranoid would be in his own house with nothing to defend him but a sword? It's something they (the writers) play fast and lose with and it is not working for some of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭sleepyman

Omackeral wrote: »
    Wayne's grandmother couldn't have been more blasé if she tried

"Ah jaysis, they're after kidnappin' me grandson or something. It's terrdible"
    Pretty obvious that she's not a trained actor.Maybe she lives in the actual flat in real life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭The Maverick

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Seriously though, is it credible that somebody who is 'supposedly' being hunted and is 'supposedly' paranoid would be in his own house with nothing to defend him but a sword? It's something they (the writers) play fast and lose with and it is not working for some of us.

In fairness, Nidge's house has been raided and searched by the guards numerous times over the past 4 series. It wouldn't be a good idea for him to keep a gun in his bedside locker when it could land him in prison for a long time. They even showed a child bringing a gun to him in this episode when they had kidnapped the kid. Nidge is too smart to carry a weapon on his person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Seriously though, is it credible that somebody who is 'supposedly' being hunted and is 'supposedly' paranoid would be in his own house with nothing to defend him but a sword?

So he should have a gun instead and chance the cops lifting him in a search. Even in the scene with Wayne in the flat they had a gun brought to them, they know the cops are sniffing around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

In fairness, Nidge's house has been raided and searched by the guards numerous times over the past 4 series. It wouldn't be a good idea for him to keep a gun in his bedside locker when it could land him in prison for a long time. They even showed a child bringing a gun to him in this episode when they had kidnapped the kid. Nidge is too smart to carry a weapon on his person.

I totally agree here, he wouldn't have a gun, but he wouldn't be defenceless or drop his guard like that.
    The previous episode saw him hiding out in a safe house yet with the threat still present he goes home to sleep off a flu (we see him not being in control of his senses for a long time) with only Trish as protection? Sorry, my willing suspension of disbelief snapped at that point, you can't switch paranoia on and off like that and remain credible. The only point of that scene was to cheaply build tension among those hoping he would cut lose with the sword.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

walshb wrote: »
    Some of the guessing is very obvious. Like Wayne being offered a job and Dano getting taken out.

I predicted the Dano and Tony situation but didn't think Wayne would be offered the job. It will be interesting what Wayne will be doing the next couple of episodes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 645 ✭✭✭loveBBhate

+1 on the two answers given but Happyman, I was talking to Nidge and he told me his gun was hid down behind the dishwasher and he didn't wanna chance going downstairs in case he was seen by the two before he got to it.

• Advertisement

Was Dano dead at the end?

Hopefully, not. A republican feud with Dano v a Tony/Nidge alliance would be interesting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

1zo9q9c.png

When i saw him first I thought it was zumo bishop.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Sunglasses Ron

Galway1989 wrote: »
    I wonder does Stuart Carolan read the thread... He'd probably think some of our storylines are better than his own :P

Debbie takes over the gang

The dentist becomes a drug dealing hitman as he proved he has the balls for it by slapping the brothel madam

Nidge has AIDS

Holy **** I would shoot myself if some of the plot predictions here made it onto the show :pac: Unbelievable stuff.

I found it odd that neither Lizzie nor Wayne thought to check under the bed for Nidge. It's the most obvious ****ing place he might hide!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Galway1989

Debbie takes over the gang

The dentist becomes a drug dealing hitman as he proved he has the balls for it by slapping the brothel madam

Nidge has AIDS

Holy **** I would shoot myself if some of the plot predictions here made it onto the show :pac: Unbelievable stuff.

I found it odd that neither Lizzie nor Wayne thought to check under the bed for Nidge. It's the most obvious ****ing place he might hide!

:pac::pac: Well under the bed is exactly where i'd be and i'm no criminal genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

I feel like Tommy, my mind is dulled by this series, not much action or anything in the way of compelling characters now that the Hollywood actors are gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,694 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I predicted the Dano and Tony situation but didn't think Wayne would be offered the job. It will be interesting what Wayne will be doing the next couple of episodes.

The second Nidge smiled at Wayne when the cops had Wayne I knew he saw something useful with him. Then his mentioning that Wayne "had balls" was even more significant.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Benteke

I must say the open scene last night must have to be the best opening song wise on the show so far Rocky Sharpe & The Replays - Rama Lama Ding

The music on the show is top dollar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

I just want to say, to all the nit-picking social degenerates on this thread, why do you even bother posting? Week after week the 'critics' come to this thread and their main argument is over fking retarded nonsense. ''Wah wah, the grafitti is too big, wah wah, in real life they wouldn't done this, wah wah, Darren's tribal tattoo was on his left arm instead of his right'' .. Ye're probably the sons of the old crones ringing up liveline complaining.. At least give actual critique of the show and not blabber on about minute discrepancies. Christ. Love/Hate is one of the best things to ever come from RTE, yet you aren't satisfied. You need to understand that this isn't some American drama with a 500million dollar budget on the lines of Game of Thrones or Breaking Bad. I reckon this series had less than a 5million budget, yet they're getting their money's worth. Please go away.

Should the thread title be "Love/Hate Fawning"? If you can't take any criticism of a TV show perhaps you are the one who is in the wrong place, hmmm?

I get that a load of people love this show, but you have to see that for the rest of us there is no blind obeisance, and we see holes. Me? I think the show is OK, the script is quite good, and for the most part the acting is good. But some of the acting has more ham than Denneys - particularly everyone's favourite, Tom double barrel - the guy is really poor - his accent is in and out, his expressions go from none to Goofy at a stroke.

But this is my opinion, and I should be allowed it and allowed express it without people getting precious or hackled.

he looked like a traveller .....and wasn't it a taveller gang that provided the pipe bomb for nidge that ultimately killed frans missus?

Snap.....Knew i recognised him from somewhere.

Wonder did/will Nidge now give Fran up as the head on a plate for Tony so Tony can conveniently shift the blame away from the IRA to avoid any splinter groups emerging to avenge Dano?

It's not so much that I'd have a problem with her bashing him in general, just that knowing what was at stake for her you'd think she'd have let it go and concentrated on the bigger picture? Was it really worth getting arrested over and pretty much throwing the mission in the process?

That carry on of that pretentious w@nker would drive the red mist to descend on anyone without thinking of the consequences. The writers really captured the 'im the victim' culture that has crept into our great island over the celtic tiger era and beyond.

I actually said 'Good for you Lizzie' as she battered him. That sorted his whiplash for him :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

The demented Head on Fran on Carlo's door step :)

Snap.....Knew i recognised him from somewhere.

Wonder did/will Nidge now give Fran up as the head on a plate for Tony so Tony can conveniently shift the blame away from the IRA to avoid any splinter groups emerging to avenge Dano?

From what I read elsewhere, Dano is well and truly dead. I'd imagine that this and Wayne changing sides will bring closure to the IRA storyline. Of course, Lizzie is still alive but surely she is headed to prison for what looks like either serious assault or murder.

Tony and Nidge could well take advantage now of a situation should Nidge and Fran fall out. From the clip of next weeks' episode, Fran's girlfriend Linda is mentioned and now with the Dano situation resolved, the focus now is on the Nidge/Fran/Tommy relationship.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

We don't know what job Nidge offered Wayne, do we? Nidge went to Tony about Dano, so he must be hiring Wayne for something else completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

You'd be surprised....

most of em have trouble walking and talking at the same time

We don't know what job Nidge offered Wayne, do we? Nidge went to Tony about Dano, so he must be hiring Wayne for something else completely.

Something down the line with Fran I'd say. If Fran and Nidge fell out, Nidge could either kill Fran (which I don't see happening somehow) or redeem himself in Fran's eyes by clipping Noelie Hughes? I'm sure Wayne could arrange something with friends in prison?

Something down the line with Fran I'd say. If Fran and Nidge fell out, Nidge could either kill Fran (which I don't see happening somehow) or redeem himself in Fran's eyes by clipping Noelie Hughes? I'm sure Wayne could arrange something with friends in prison?

I'm thinking the first option - Nidge can't control Fran. Fran nearly killed Tommy last week. Nidge may have let it slide for now, but I don't see why he'd forget that he had to literally beg Fran not to kill Tommy.

No way. They wouldn't have the budget or level of sophistication being shown.

They do have (well transponders anyway); In one book I read, they used them to track Real IRA members who were moving stolen cars from Dublin to the North, so I don't see why they wouldn't use it against serious criminals as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Galway1989

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESI15YEJMRQ
    Jaysus....would series 5 go ahead if Laurence Kinlan and Tom Vaughan Lawlor were gunned down by the Irish army?!

Am I the only one who thinks nidge and Fran know they're under surveillance ? Whenever they're talking by the car about loads coming in, it's seems a tad theatrical ...

Almost as if they are actually playing the cops.

I have a feeling it's a decoy of some description

I think Nidge knows, because in the pub when Elmo told Nidge about the graffiti, Nidge said "What graffiti?". He knows it wasn't him, so he must be wondering who else, and I think he has twigged that there is an operation being mounted against him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Flying Spaghetti Monster

mitosis wrote: »
    Should the thread title be "Love/Hate Fawning"? If you can't take any criticism of a TV show perhaps you are the one who is in the wrong place, hmmm?

I get that a load of people love this show, but you have to see that for the rest of us there is no blind obeisance, and we see holes. Me? I think the show is OK, the script is quite good, and for the most part the acting is good. But some of the acting has more ham than Denneys - particularly everyone's favourite, Tom double barrel - the guy is really poor - his accent is in and out, his expressions go from none to Goofy at a stroke.

But this is my opinion, and I should be allowed it and allowed express it without people getting precious or hackled.

It's not that I can't take criticism of the show, as long as it's actually valid. I haven't read any valid criticisms of Season 4 on here yet except the acting ability of the Gardai characters and the considerably slower pace the new series has taken. 99% of the criticism here revolves around minute discrepancies that the vast majority of people won't even pick up on, like I said.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement