Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,340 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

They do have (well transponders anyway); In one book I read, they used them to track Real IRA members who were moving stolen cars from Dublin to the North, so I don't see why they wouldn't use it against serious criminals as well.

Of course the Guards have surveillance equipment. Do people seriously think they don't? Sure Charlie Haughey was planting bugs over 30 years ago in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭gdavis

nobody else think wayne is gonna whack nidge ?just getting close to him first?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

gdavis wrote: »

This could be the case that Wayne will attempt a hit on Nidge in the future but it will no longer be for Dano. It will be for some other reason like maybe Fran pays him to do it or something if it is the case that Fran and Nidge fall out.

Also, what will become of Lizzie? Will she go to jail or what and if she doesn't, will she continue Dano's plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Flying Spaghetti Monster

gdavis wrote: »
    I don't see that happening. I think Wayne said last night that he was only doing it for the money. With his employer dead (Dano) and his partner banged up probably, he'll have no reason to turn on Nidge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

I think he has twigged that there is an operation being mounted against him.

Nidge may have an idea alright. For me it was the scene where Nidge asked Sean McGinley where they were heading. Sean McGinley replied saying he didn't want anyone following him or something along those lines. Thought Nidge had a weird/surpised look on his face.

Was surprised that he let the guy guarding the warehouse off the hook while he was sleeping on the job!!

I think last nights episode was a little off the boil considering how intense the first 3 were. Last episode reinforced the notion the Fran is a pscycopath and that the RIRA aren't to be messed with. Sean McGinley dealt with Danonthe same way he expected Nidge to deal Darden.

Anyway, Dano had breakfast with his " Da" this morning.

Surprised the whole Dano/Lizzie story was cut off last night.

• Advertisement

I don't see that happening. I think Wayne said last night that he was only doing it for the money. With his employer dead (Dano) and his partner banged up probably, he'll have no reason to turn on Nidge.

+1

Wayne the cat killer is ironically displaying the mannerisms of a cat. He'll always go wherever the biggest saucer of milk is left for him

Someone sent me on this the other day so i thought id give ye a bit of a laugh if ye haven't seen it yet

277953.jpg

I'm thinking the first option - Nidge can't control Fran. Fran nearly killed Tommy last week. Nidge may have let it slide for now, but I don't see why he'd forget that he had to literally beg Fran not to kill Tommy.

Last night was all about resolving the IRA issues. Next week will be all about Nidge's relationships with Fran and Tommy. There are numerous issues here that stem both from events in the current series and others that reach back into the third and second series. Notable issues here are:

-Nidge pipe-bombing Fran's house, injurying Fran's girlfriend and Fran's girlfriend committing suicide because of this.
    -Nidge having an affair with Fran's girlfriend.
    -Nidge hitting Tommy resulting in his current condition. Tommy has made a good recovery and I can't help but feel his memory is coming back bit by bit.
    -The elimination of a common enemy in Dano, resulting in focus on other issues. Namely who is in control!
    -Nidge begging to Fran to save Tommy's life. Fran will see this as a weakness in Nidge.

With Linda (Fran's girlfriend) mentioned next week, all the secrets are sure to come out. Dano may be dead but now it is Fran and Tommy (and possibly Siobhan too) who could pose the biggest threats to Nidge's survival. The finale will probably see Fran, Tommy and the cops all wanting to bring Nidge to (their very different forms of) justice!

For me i think Frano will not survive. He is pissing off everyone. Nidge, Deano, Carlo, Noelie Hughes....

Nidge and Tony now have an understanding and Fran would make a convenient pup for the RA to pin Dano's murder on. Deano and Carlo will end up conspiring with Nidge to rid themselves of Fran. Noelie probably has plenty of lads who can whack him on the outside. Nidge also has a lad keeping tabs on Fran (The Pipebomb making Pikey)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,164 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

jos28 wrote: »
    Great episode tonight. Glad to see Lizzie and Dano gone, she was really beginning to annoy me. Looks like the John Venables lookalike has secured himself a role in Season 5 if it happens. Does anyone else think that Siobhan will be the one to eventually kill Nidge when she finds out it was him that battered Tommy

jesus I was trying to think for ages who that kid looked like.

• Advertisement

I thought of Larry Dunne's infamous declaration when i seen Wayne being recruited by Nidge last night.

"If you think im bad, wait til you see whats coming up the road"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Don't know what to expect from 5 and 6, was expecting Dano to hit back big but can't see that happening after his shooting, think Tony will be happy enough to let things stay as it once he is getting the cash from Nidge. With Dano out of the picture and Lizzy that eliminates the contract on Nidge, suppose it's Cops V Nidge for the remainder.

Yes, my take on it is that nidge has been completely paranoid about getting clipped but now with lizzie and dano out of the picture he'll relax more and let his guard down, dont think he realises the cops are so close to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

I would. Very surprised. There is quite a lot of 'artistic licence' being used. But what the hell, it makes for fun tv. So what if the judge would throw the case out in real life cos the Guards didn't follow proper procedures.

You should read Black Operations: The Secret War Against the Real IRA to find out the level of technology the guards had 15 years ago nevermind now.

For me i think Frano will not survive. He is pissing off everyone. Nidge, Deano, Carlo, Noelie Hughes....

Nidge and Tony now have an understanding and Fran would make a convenient pup for the RA to pin Dano's murder on. Deano and Carlo will end up conspiring with Nidge to rid themselves of Fran. Noelie probably has plenty of lads who can whack him on the outside. Nidge also has a lad keeping tabs on Fran (The Pipebomb making Pikey)

Nidge and Fran are both dicing with death from many sides. I would like to see both survive but I do have a feeling at least one more big character is not going to make it out of series 4 in one piece!

Dano's murder could be pinned on Fran if Fran and Nidge fall out but then again the IRA may want to admit it that they did it so as to send out a warning that disobedience is not tolerated. When Fran hit Deano last night, there was echoes of Nidge and Tommy.

Speaking of Tommy, I have a feeling he is on the verge of making a full recovery and is going to having flashbacks to what really happened. Just like episode 4 was all about Dano's demise, episode 5 will surely spill the beans on Nidge's secrets that will turn Fran and Tommy against him. Noelie will be linked into things in some way I am sure.

There are strong hints that Nidge will end up behind bars from what I've been reading so episode six could see Nidge surviving whatever Fran throws at him and then have the cops arrest him (possibly with evidence from Tommy and Siobhan?). I have a feeling Nidge, Fran and Tommy will all make it out in one piece but we will see all's lives threatened again and again in episodes 5 and 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

I've just flicked through this thread since this morning. The reason a thread exists extending to however many thousand posts is because people are watching and engaged with the show.
    Anybody who thinks criticism of the show is unjustified and anti-Irish / anti - RTE should take a gander at the Breaking Bad forum. Thats a hotbed of nitpicking over boring / filler episodes. The ending of the Sopranos is still liable to cause a riot among people who don't have lives. Twin Peaks devotees still demand season three and an explanation for season two as we reach pensionable age.
    A dodgy scene or two getting seized upon is a testament to the overall excellence of this series - thats (c) Biil & Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Hoping to see more of Wayne's granny <3

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Just saw this article from last February, Stuart Carolan talking about the less famous actors:

According to the director, it isn't always easy for the unknown actors, especially when they are acting alongside green-eyed heartthrobs such as Robert Sheehan.
    "One wonderful day Robbie Sheehan and Mark were doing this scene. There were a few kids from the flats around and one of the kids shouted out 'Robbie! You're a beaut, and Aido – you're a fat b******'. They didn't mince their words," he laughed.

:pac:

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/director-hails-unsung-heroes-of-lovehate-29087962.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

kfallon wrote: »
    Just saw this article from last February, Stuart Carolan talking about the less famous actors:

According to the director, it isn't always easy for the unknown actors, especially when they are acting alongside green-eyed heartthrobs such as Robert Sheehan.
    "One wonderful day Robbie Sheehan and Mark were doing this scene. There were a few kids from the flats around and one of the kids shouted out 'Robbie! You're a beaut, and Aido – you're a fat b******'. They didn't mince their words," he laughed.

:pac:

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/director-hails-unsung-heroes-of-lovehate-29087962.html

Aido should have roared back "I'm getting paid to be here...what are you getting ?"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭trashcan

mitosis wrote: »
    some of the acting has more ham than Denneys - particularly everyone's favourite, Tom double barrel - the guy is really poor - his accent is in and out, his expressions go from none to Goofy at a stroke.

Wow. Your opinion as you say, but I'd reckon you are in a serious minority there. I personally think TVLs performance is top notch. Fran is superb too. Not so convinced by Tommy (Though in fairness he hasn't been called upon to do much except adopt a pretty vacant expression in this series.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Lapin wrote: »
    All those words to describe Lucozade and not one mention that most people drink the stuff to ease their hangovers !

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

trashcan wrote: »
    Wow. Your opinion as you say, but I'd reckon you are in a serious minority there. I personally think TVLs performance is top notch. Fran is superb too. Not so convinced by Tommy (Though in fairness he hasn't been called upon to do much except adopt a pretty vacant expression in this series.)

With this, I agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Hoping to see more of Wayne's granny <3

I'm not. I'm all for grannies keeping their kit ON

• Registered Users Posts: 43,892 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Caught up on the last 2 episodes this afternoon..

.. this series has been a corker!

I had my doubts but it's been great throughout IMO.. though the guy who plays the dentist is hammy as feck!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I wonder if the bug in the car will inadvertently lead the coppers to uncover the truth about Tommy! Fran and Nidge have already had one or two exchanges about it and it could come up in general conversation. The Gardaí could then use it to try get Tommy & Siobhan 'onside' with them.

Really looking forward to the last 2 episodes, the prospect of major fireworks is a real possibility!

kfallon wrote: »
    I wonder if the bug in the car will inadvertently lead the coppers to uncover the truth about Tommy! Fran and Nidge have already had one or two exchanges about it and it could come up in general conversation. The Gardaí could then use it to try get Tommy & Siobhan 'onside' with them.

Really looking forward to the last 2 episodes, the prospect of major fireworks is a real possibility!

Tommy is healing with each episode. He knows now he is not the same as before the accident because he does not remember things. To me, this seems like he is on the verge to regaining his memory. Plus, he is getting treatment for his bleeding and headaches and thus improving. Tommy will remember things I'm sure and something like seeing Fran playing golf or being with Fran and Nidge at Fran's place could jog his memory. Or Fran could end up telling him if Fran and Nidge fall out.

Either way, recovered/recovering Tommy with or without Fran is heading for a collision course with Nidge soon. I think Tommy and Siobhan will ultimately work with the guards. You can bet Fran and Nidge will talk about Tommy and cops will hear!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

The bit that I didn't like last night was Lizzy sitting down and waiting to get arrested. It was a stolen car so she could have easily gotten away.

Season 1: Dazzler and Hughie out to get each other. Hughie shoots himself by accident.
    Saeson 2 : Fran and John Boy out to get each other. Fran stabs barman and gets locked up.
    Season 4: Lizzie out to kill Nidge, and now Nidge knows. Lizzie attacks man with tits and get locked up.

These battles are built up and then don't happen. I was looking forward to Nidge hunting her down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Sheldons Brain

When the guards stopped the lads with the guy in the boot they should have arrested them and let one go, keep the tout paranoia going.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Happyman42 wrote: »
    For me that is the shows greatest weakness this season. They plaay fast and loose with that (above and beyond the call of 'dramatic licence' imo) The final straw in the sarcrifice of credibility was Nidge hiding under the bed. That was funny rather than tense.
    Who would go into a prone, defenseless position like that (he knew she had
    a machine gun ffs!) and only had to spray the room.

The reason he was hiding under the bed was er, because he was defenceless, what else was he going to do? I thought he was in the closet.

Ridiculous really in a series that has been so careful about it's true to life aspects.
    The whole thing is now a bit all over the place and it really shouldn't be at this stage of the season unless they are just padding and treading water for a season. Tommy's 'speech from the lap' was a bit cringe inducing too.
    Things happen very quickly like Wayne's defection while others take for ever to develop (Tommy and Siobhan's story) which is unbalancing the whole thing.
    Still some standout moments of acting and writing though. I just hope we are not heading towards a season ending bloodbath that ends untidy issues lazily.

I think the Tommy storey is interesting and intrinsic to the plot, it shows the downside while everybody laughs at Fran!

I think there'll be a twist yet in that storey line. Siobhan wont want Tommy to get used by the copper either.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Benteke wrote: »
    I must say the open scene last night must have to be the best opening song wise on the show so far Rocky Sharpe & The Replays - Rama Lama Ding

The music on the show is top dollar

The Sinead O'Connor song at the end was very apt as well, the IRA woman telling Dano "we've no use for your kind these days" and then shoots to Tony telling Nidge everything is fine.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

K-9 wrote: »
    The Sinead O'Connor song at the end was very apt as well, the IRA woman telling Dano "we've no use for your kind these days" and then shoots to Tony telling Nidge everything is fine.

I think she called him "Riff-raff"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement