Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,892 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Benteke wrote: »
    I must say the open scene last night must have to be the best opening song wise on the show so far Rocky Sharpe & The Replays - Rama Lama Ding

The music on the show is top dollar
    I've said it once and I'll say it again.. some of the direction (and music choices) in this show (particular last night's opening) blows even some of the best shows out of the UK out of the water.

Really refreshing and of such a high calibre IMO!

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Cartel Mike

From the start of season 3 until the bitter end Dano's expression was a model of consistency

Always looked like he was touching cloth.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 645 ✭✭✭loveBBhate

From the start of season 3 until the bitter end Dano's expression was a model of consistency

Always looked like he was touching cloth.

No way he held it in with two bullets in his shins, no chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭brilou23

last 2 episodes have been great prob cause less gardai acting if they where better actors would be great but cant wait for next episode

brilou23 wrote: »
    last 2 episodes have been great prob cause less gardai acting if they where better actors would be great but cant wait for next episode

BF O'Byrne is very good in my opinion and he has an impressive CV before he joined the cast. Ciaran (the real life guard) is pretty funny with some of the things he comes out with. Terry is a bit wooden alright. Would be better suited to a background character rather then a main character.

Obama is hopeless though. Looks far too young to be a uniformed cop let alone a detective and the actor would be more suited to Fairly shítty which is aired earlier in the night before his bed time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

rehlmT2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭NoClues

Saw the ad for next Sundays ep there, nidge has Wayne running around with some kind of baseball bat and the dentist getting confronted by1 of the detectives

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Obama looks more like Ronaldo (not Cristiano but the Brazilian one) IMO.

NoClues wrote: »
    Saw the ad for next Sundays ep there, nidge has Wayne running around with some kind of baseball bat and the dentist getting confronted by1 of the detectives

????? Those who wanted to see the ad would have seen it and those who don't, this post should have a spoiler alert for. You've basically said you've see the ad and described for us what's in it. Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Flying Spaghetti Monster

loveBBhate wrote: »
    ????? Those who wanted to see the ad would have seen it and those who don't, this post should have a spoiler alert for. You've basically said you've see the ad and described for us what's in it. Why?
    What's the name of this thread? Love/Hate Spoilers. There you go, genius.

• Advertisement

What's the name of this thread? Love/Hate Spoilers. There you go, genius.

Yes about episodes what have already aired, if u read back there are a few who don't like watching the as for the following week. Anyway, I questioned the point of the post mainly. If it was elaborated on then maybe there'd be a point to it but it just days 'seen it, what happens' ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

loveBBhate wrote: »
    No way he held it in with two bullets in his shins, no chance!

Depends on the 'consistency' ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Looks far too young to be a uniformed cop let alone a detective

ive seen this mentioned a few times, but its not true. you can be a qualified cop in your early to mid 20's and if you are a good cop, you can be a detective as quick as you are able for.

i know somebody who was made a detective at 25.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,348 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

ive seen this mentioned a few times, but its not true. you can be a qualified cop in your early to mid 20's and if you are a good cop, you can be a detective as quick as you are able for.

i know somebody who was made a detective at 25.

I also know a few guards who look like they're not long after making their confirmation.

They're not all mutton-headed culchies, y'know :D

There's a guard in our locality who looks about 12, 'Danger Mouse' we call him haha. Used to have a good laugh off him as young lads getting up to no good, one funny thing about him is that he was always on bike patrol, it's a small town and not once did we ever see him in a motorized vehicle. Always spinning about on his bicycle, it doesn't sound funny but in the context of it the sight of him was absolutely hilarious. Little piglet :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

BF O'Byrne is very good in my opinion and he has an impressive CV before he joined the cast. Ciaran (the real life guard) is pretty funny with some of the things he comes out with. Terry is a bit wooden alright. Would be better suited to a background character rather then a main character.

Obama is hopeless though. Looks far too young to be a uniformed cop let alone a detective and the actor would be more suited to Fairly shítty which is aired earlier in the night before his bed time.

BF is very good and we will see some interesting scenes of him and Nidge soon. Terry is very much a support character but there seems to be a story about him and that stalker criminal. The 'Obama' fella looks like a gang member more than a garda but maybe that's what they need!!

The bit that I didn't like last night was Lizzy sitting down and waiting to get arrested. It was a stolen car so she could have easily gotten away.

Season 1: Dazzler and Hughie out to get each other. Hughie shoots himself by accident.
    Saeson 2 : Fran and John Boy out to get each other. Fran stabs barman and gets locked up.
    Season 4: Lizzie out to kill Nidge, and now Nidge knows. Lizzie attacks man with tits and get locked up.

These battles are built up and then don't happen. I was looking forward to Nidge hunting her down.

I think the unpredictability is what makes the show. Hughie was a reckless character and his end was fitting. I guess with Fran and John Boy: the deal was to kill off John Boy and keep Fran (and out of prison!). It was not the intention to kill off John but it was done because Aiden Gillen had other commitments and could not fit in a third series. So, if Aiden had stayed, the John v Fran thing would have dominated series 3 I'd say. It will be interesting with what they'll do with Lizzie? The obvious thing seems to be she goes to jail and we will not see her anymore but you never know.

Of course, there are issues from as far back as series 2 that have yet to be resolved. The Nidge/Fran/Linda situation. Season 3 decided to ignore this and concentrate on the IRA issue. With the latter seemingly resolved, that story, Tommy and cops closing in are the main issues at hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

nidge could just leg it...thus saving his skin for s5 with a new european role!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Depends on the 'consistency' ;)

That's true. Back in his drinking days it would have definitely just dribbled out of him, but he's off the sauce, so possibly solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Choochtown

Why did Lizzie deliberately get herself arrested?

Did she realise that Nidge had been in the house and spotted herself and the young fella coming? It would then only be a matter of time before either Nidge got to her or she got the same treatment as Dano. Did she realise that her chance of doing Nidge had gone and the safest place for her was in custody?

As someone above posted the car was stolen so she could have just driven off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Choochtown wrote: »

Did she realise that Nidge had been in the house and spotted herself and the young fella coming? It would then only be a matter of time before either Nidge got to her or she got the same treatment as Dano. Did she realise that her chance of doing Nidge had gone and the safest place for her was in custody?

i think lizzie had enough

Lizzie got arrested on purpose because she came to realise that she wasn't gonna get any on the outside, the fact that people think that she's a woman will have her put in a woman's prison. Only and I mean only in a woman's prison would she stand a chance of getting her cock inside anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

ah poor lizzie she had a hard time of it lately,lost her two bros then whacked dazzler.no wonder she snapped at that toff

nidge could just leg it...thus saving his skin for s5 with a new european role!

Spain or Amsterdam was the plan at the end of series 3. It could be an option for him.

Choochtown wrote: »

Yes, custody was the safest option for Lizzie somehow and that's why she gave in so easily. Tony would think exactly the same of her as he did of Dano.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Checked a few of the car reg plates shown in the show - lizzies stolen corsa, Danos Black accord, Green golf used by Nidges wife, black golf for kidnap, Range rover with IRA couple All plates actually match the cars apart from Nidges lexus. Quite unusual I would have thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

I see Nidge knows how to play Knifey Spooney

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

Couldn't tell you but that's one of the suggestions; Piggies go for a trot while the terrorists have a pop.

jaysus,always thought it was the small fella that had it done:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

It's not so much that I'd have a problem with her bashing him in general, just that knowing what was at stake for her you'd think she'd have let it go and concentrated on the bigger picture? Was it really worth getting arrested over and pretty much throwing the mission in the process?

I think it may have been a way out for her in a way, she seems to be a bit conflicted about the whole thing and maybe this is a way of taking the problem away for her, maybe she didn't fully want to go through with it, there have been signs of her unease about it, but maybe she didn't want to walk away from it either. She could have felt trapped into doing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Nidge still alive is a bit over the top. The IRA want him dead. But they don't have enough guns and haven't got the contacts to import guns, so they need them alive?? They've been importing guns for the last 40 years! Surely they don't need to bend over for a little scumbag (who they all detest) after he killed one of their senior members?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement