Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Maybe I'm missing something here, but why did Lizzie just wait to be arrested after the assault at the accident scene?

• Site Banned Posts: 2 Mr Topp

It's a steaming pile of sh1te. Vastly over rated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

The dental nurse deciding to go to the gards because there was a few bogeys hanging around the surgery is just way too convenient imo, bit lazy writing there.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Benteke

Maybe I'm missing something here, but why did Lizzie just wait to be arrested after the assault at the accident scene?

Looks like she was been fed up been told what to do by Dano and took the easy way out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Benteke wrote: »
    Possibly Walnuts, But is in the cargo a dummy run? So don't know how any of them can go down, Nidge is most definitely the smartest

The mixing agent is the dummy run i'm assuming, the cops know this and won't be busting that run if i'm reading it correctly.

Alternate theory

Nidge brings in cocaine/heroin in the "dummy" run, knowing the cops will let it go. When the cops bust what they think is the proper cargo, it's just the useless dentist drugs

• Advertisement

The dental nurse deciding to go to the gards because there was a few bogeys hanging around the surgery is just way too convenient imo, bit lazy writing there.

Said the exact same thing to my mate as it happened, very convenient. Unless there is some sting in the tail with that it's poor writing

6 episodes in the series, It's only natural a few things would need to be pushed to get the story to were they want it

I'm sure if it was 13 episodes long, We would have seen a scene were the dental nurse was upset and went to the guards out of revenge for been sacked

Are they not using the dentists drugs to mix it to make cocaine,I thought that's what it was about, not actually importing real drugs.

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    The mixing agent is the dummy run i'm assuming, the cops know this and won't be busting that run if i'm reading it correctly.

Alternate theory

Nidge brings in cocaine/heroin in the "dummy" run, knowing the cops will let it go. When the cops bust what they think is the proper cargo, it's just the useless dentist drugs

The only 2 people that know it's a dummy run is Fran and Nidge, They want to test everyone before bringing in the real stuff and the guards don't know about this as far as I know

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Mr Topp wrote: »
    It's a steaming pile of sh1te. Vastly over rated

And Mr Topp was too much a coward to post that using his normal account so he ran off and created a new sudo one today to try stir it up :P

The little weezle.......

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement

6 episodes in the series, It's only natural a few things would need to be pushed to get the story to were they want it

I'm sure if it was 13 episodes long, We would have seen a scene were the dental nurse was upset and went to the guards out of revenge for been sacked

Well there is scenes that take too much time, they could have spent that time on the dental nurse if it is a simple explanation.

Like showing nidge sick in bed was dragged out for way too long. He was sick we get it.

I thought the opening was top dollar the music made it better, I much prefer that than a scene with the dental nurse walking into a police station after been up all night crying about been sacked

I thought the opening was top dollar the music made it better, I much prefer that than a scene with the dental nurse walking into a police station after been up all night crying about been sacked

So you're admitting that her been upset about getting sacked is a silly reason to go to the gards.

It's not a big deal just lazy writing, if that's it left alone.

Its 6 episodes long, I don't care less about the little things if it makes the story go forward a little quicker, I have seen it in all the top shows and they get 13+ shows a season, It does not bother me, Anyone who worries about it are obviously just looking for the little things to gripe about

2 episodes left, Lets fill it with pointless scenes so it can make others feel as if it's real life or would you prefer if it's gripping and action packed, I know what I prefer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Are they not using the dentists drugs to mix it to make cocaine,I thought that's what it was about, not actually importing real drugs.

That's what they're telling the dentist. And they will import that.

But once they have access to his import route they're going to start moving in heroin too it seems.

No they can't mix the dentist drug to make cocaine, they use it to mix it with cocaine before they sell it.

1 kg of cocaine + 10kgs mixing agent = 11 kgs of "cocaine" + €€€€

• Site Banned Posts: 2 Mr Topp

Very lazy writing. Getting rid of the threat to Nidge by getting shot of her, Danno and effectively the kid so quickly and easily was pathetic

Hmmm why is it actually only 6 episodes?

Hmmm why is it actually only 6 episodes?

They have a budget and they have to stick with it

So you're admitting that her been upset about getting sacked is a silly reason to go to the gards.

I'm kinda with you on this. I think it could have been done with a bit more finesse.

However she knew he was a bit of a scam artist - we saw him twice tell people they'd need crowns when they didn't. She was pissed off at him for that because he was cheating people out of money.

Then these two dodgy types start showing up - quite obviously not there just for dental treatment. She's not sure exactly what's up but she's not thick and knows what drugs are in a dentists and what they can also be used for so she puts two and two together.

So this guy is scamming innocent people and now possibly selling lidocaine to gangsters? She's really not liking the dentist fecker now.

But she's got a job and so she's willing to put up with it. But then he fires her and suddenly she's got a reason to really hate him so she uses what she knows for revenge.

I can buy that she'd go to the cops alright and I imagine there might be another bridge scene somewhere between her getting fired and her deciding to squeal on him. It'd be nice if we saw it (provided it was done well enough) but I'm happy to make the connections on my own and figure it out for myself too.

• Advertisement

No they can't mix the dentist drug to make cocaine, they use it to mix it with cocaine before they sell it.

1 kg of cocaine + 10kgs mixing agent = 11 kgs of "cocaine" + €€€€

That's it.

But Lidocaine is an ideal mixing agent because it's an anesthetic. In powder form they mix it with coke that's already been cut with other stuff to mask that the coke is weak.

Lads snort the coke and suddenly their face is numb and they go "Holy sh*t, I can't feel my face - that must be good coke!"

• Registered Users Posts: 24,239 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Alternate theory

That would certainly add a second meaning to Nidge's line to Fran about not letting the lads know it's a dummy run and that he wanted everything done exactly as if it were real. He made sure to say that outside of the jeep as well... Could be a very good spot.

Have you ever heard a better line in any show than "Fu*k you Noelie, I'm pissing on your ma" Classic Fran

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

re: the nurse going to the guards - I was fired from a job I thought I was secure in and pensionable by a witch with a grudge against me.
    If at that point in time or any point since I knew or in future find out she was guilty of fraud and possibly worse I would rat her skinny little ass up to the nearest authority I could find. My only payment would be a ringside seat at the arrest. The nurse going to the cops is possibly just a fit of pique on her part but an entirely believable one.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I'm kinda with you on this. I think it could have been done with a bit more finesse.

However she knew he was a bit of a scam artist - we saw him twice tell people they'd need crowns when they didn't. She was pissed off at him for that because he was cheating people out of money.

Then these two dodgy types start showing up - quite obviously not there just for dental treatment. She's not sure exactly what's up but she's not thick and knows what drugs are in a dentists and what they can also be used for so she puts two and two together.

So this guy is scamming innocent people and now possibly selling lidocaine to gangsters? She's really not liking the dentist fecker now.

But she's got a job and so she's willing to put up with it. But then he fires her and suddenly she's got a reason to really hate him so she uses what she knows for revenge.

I can buy that she'd go to the cops alright and I imagine there might be another bridge scene somewhere between her getting fired and her deciding to squeal on him. It'd be nice if we saw it (provided it was done well enough) but I'm happy to make the connections on my own and figure it out for myself too.

And that is perfectly logical. In a six part series the writer cant spell out every single plot and reason for the viewer. It would be overly boring.
    I think this thread shows how difficult it is to please everyone all of the time. You'll find those saying its too slow moving with nothing happening and now youll find those that say the plot is being pushed with unrealistic timelines.
    Just enjoy it for what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,694 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Have you ever heard a better line in any show than "Fu*k you Noelie, I'm pissing on your ma" Classic Fran

That whole scene from him first bringing it up to the look of disbelief and horror on Deano and Carlo's faces and him exploding when Carlo went to question it was comedy gold. Genius!

"He gets out of the joy and she's there sittin' in an armchair waitin' to say hello to him."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Well guys. ye really think nidge knows bout the bugs and cameras??he smart but not that smart.ok we only see him talkin in the jeep but is that because he feels he be a clean shot if stood in middle of road? I could be wrong but that's what my thinkin

deise08 wrote: »
    Well guys. ye really think nidge knows bout the bugs and cameras??he smart but not that smart.ok we only see him talkin in the jeep but is that because he feels he be a clean shot if stood in middle of road? I could be wrong but that's what my thinkin

I dont think he does. Sure he even said 'The cops havent got a f**ckin clue'

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Said the exact same thing to my mate as it happened, very convenient. Unless there is some sting in the tail with that it's poor writing

it a TV series, they can't show every aspect of everbodies life.

heres what happened off screen.

The extremly hot Dental nurse was reading the paper post cotius, and there was an article on a shooting in town , which involved a man known to the Gardai for being involved in organised crime. a picture of Fran was displayed.

The near naked dental nurse known that the Dentist was in financial trouble and hence the dodgy diagnosis. Fearing that she may be out of a job soon, she sliped back on her silk gown and call A.G.S. in her haste she accientially facetimed the local station. As a result the whole station got a view of her in her essentials and with due care and consideration seveal members of A.G.S called around for an peek interview.

did you not see the spin off. Dental nurse does Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement