Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

That's a great theory about the dummy run not being a dummy run!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Benteke wrote: »
    The only 2 people that know it's a dummy run is Fran and Nidge, They want to test everyone before bringing in the real stuff and the guards don't know about this as far as I know

Think they mentioned it in the bugged jeep

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Benteke

Yes you are right Ash, I re watched it again and heard them say it beside the bugged jeep, Interesting to see how it develops if Nidge does know it's bugged then it is not a dummy run. He mentions it to Fran that it's a dummy run in the middle of the road

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Flying Spaghetti Monster

That's a great theory about the dummy run not being a dummy run!
    Wow, that sounds credible. Nidge made a really sarcastic comment saying ''the coppers don't have a bleeding clue!''. I bet he knows they're on to him. Bringing in the gear on the dummy run would completely fool the cops.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

The more I think of it - it seems obvious. The cops planting the bug in broad daylight were pretty bloody obvious about it. Nidge not changing cars. The ex-special forces guy making a big show of being asleep on the job. Fran's "bad acting" when he's calling Nidge a genius for suggesting the dummy run.
    I'll be disappointed now if thats not the way it pans out.
    Feckin' boards threads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

ted1 wrote: »
    it a TV series, they can't show every aspect of everbodies life.

heres what happened off screen.

The extremly hot Dental nurse was reading the paper post cotius, and there was an article on a shooting in town , which involved a man known to the Gardai for being involved in organised crime. a picture of Fran was displayed.

The near naked dental nurse known that the Dentist was in financial trouble and hence the dodgy diagnosis. Fearing that she may be out of a job soon, she sliped back on her silk gown and call A.G.S. in her haste she accientially facetimed the local station. As a result the whole station got a view of her in her essentials and with due care and consideration seveal members of A.G.S called around for an peek interview.

did you not see the spin off. Dental nurse does Dublin.

I'm not saying not knowing why she went to the cops is bad writing, i'm saying her coming to them and exposing the dentist is just a little convenient.

I mean the whole angle of Nidge and Fran using setting up the dentist took place over 3 episodes, only for it to be ruined in a 20 second scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

Benteke wrote: »
    The only 2 people that know it's a dummy run is Fran and Nidge, They want to test everyone before bringing in the real stuff and the guards don't know about this as far as I know

Deano also knows, Fran told him. " it's a dry run, deano. To see if the cops are on to us, that's all it is"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

IF nidge suspects that the guards knew about the dry run, and expects them to intercept the second run, I wonder if he would bring in a real shipment elsewhere while the guards are watching the dental importers. Possibly a bigger run involving Debbie?

My other working theory is that in return for getting rid of Dano, Tony gets Nidge to return the favour by bringing in another arms shipment. Assuming Nidge doesn't know the dentist suppliers is being watched, we could end up with a few Ra heads being lifted by the guards. I seem to recall the last time Tony had his own people do all the work, not trusting Nidge's people. The guards have a success on paper, but not enough to put Nidge away, and Tony thinks Nidge laid a trap for the 'ra.

When Fran was out of his head and started throwing his table and chairs about, did anybody think that he'd replace them with a dental chair out of the warehouse? I can just picture him lying on one outside the caravan with his shotgun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭trashcan

What's the deal with the Herring printing practically a blow by blow account of each episode on a Monday,almost as if it was real news, just in case anyone who missed it hadn't had it spoiled yet for them. I know it's a rag and everything, but Jesus, it's pathetic.

ive seen this mentioned a few times, but its not true. you can be a qualified cop in your early to mid 20's and if you are a good cop, you can be a detective as quick as you are able for.

i know somebody who was made a detective at 25

Fair enough, except Obama looks in his very early 20s at a stretch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Choochtown wrote: »
    Why did Lizzie deliberately get herself arrested?

i was watching it again this evening. on at least two occasions she specifically mentioned "it wasn't about the money". Perhaps she felt she was now just a mercenary and it just never ends well.

jaysis, i never thought I'd be so into an Irish television show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Can I ask....who is Carlo? The lad Fran asked for a dig out on the dig out?

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Benteke

Yes, He is the one he stabbed in the pub in series 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

trashcan wrote: »
    What's the deal with the Herring printing practically a blow by blow account of each episode on a Monday,almost as if it was real news, just in case anyone who missed it hadn't had it spoiled yet for them. I know it's a rag and everything, but Jesus, it's pathetic.

That's what morons want.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Carlow is Frans friend from the start. there were always the three together. remember Fran was giving him a ribbing for wanting to become a bus driver? slagging him over getting a uniform? he was glassed in the pub aswell when Fran introduced Linda Mark 2. he was the guy said bout maybe gettin kids outta this one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

deise08 wrote: »
    Carlow is Frans friend from the start. there were always the three together. remember Fran was giving him a ribbing for wanting to become a bus driver? slagging him over getting a uniform? he was glassed in the pub aswell when Fran introduced Linda Mark 2. he was the guy said bout maybe gettin kids outta this one

Carlo also wants to get away 100% from the whole crime scene. In series 2, he was a member of Fran's gang and then went bus driving. Carlo would not participate in the armed robbery in episode 1 of this series (Nidge got Tommy instead) and he was reluctant last Sunday to go gravedigging.

The woman who played the IRA woman that set Dano up is an Author. Michelle Forbes is her name

http://www.micheleforbesauthor.com/home/

i was watching it again this evening. on at least two occasions she specifically mentioned "it wasn't about the money". Perhaps she felt she was now just a mercenary and it just never ends well.

jaysis, i never thought I'd be so into an Irish television show.

Lizzie probably knew what was coming down the line. Choice? Prison for Lizzie is a much better option than kneecapped/stabbed/bleeding to death for Dano.

She knew that Nidge was somewhere a hide in or near the house and she knew that the first thing Nidge would do is arrange to meet Tony (Nidge probably had more than a hunch that this was a solo run and decided to take the risk to meet Tony much like he did before in season 3). The IRA take disobedience very seriously (especially when a first warning is ignored: Tony gave Dano his chance and a warning) but Dano disobeyed the warning and lied that he was not going after Nidge.

Lizzie would be no better than Dano in Tony's view (her job afterall would be to inform Tony that Dano was at this and she didn't).

The safest place for Lizzie was prison.

ectoraige wrote: »
    IF nidge suspects that the guards knew about the dry run, and expects them to intercept the second run, I wonder if he would bring in a real shipment elsewhere while the guards are watching the dental importers. Possibly a bigger run involving Debbie?

My other working theory is that in return for getting rid of Dano, Tony gets Nidge to return the favour by bringing in another arms shipment. Assuming Nidge doesn't know the dentist suppliers is being watched, we could end up with a few Ra heads being lifted by the guards. I seem to recall the last time Tony had his own people do all the work, not trusting Nidge's people. The guards have a success on paper, but not enough to put Nidge away, and Tony thinks Nidge laid a trap for the 'ra.

When Fran was out of his head and started throwing his table and chairs about, did anybody think that he'd replace them with a dental chair out of the warehouse? I can just picture him lying on one outside the caravan with his shotgun.

This is an interesting theory and could well be how things pan out. Tony will want something in return for definite. It could involve the above and then Tony blaming Nidge that he set the trap, and then Nidge weaselling his way out of the blame with Tony again believing him but maybe with Nidge given another job to do (possibly, to take out a cop?). I think that sooner or later (whether it comes this way or not), Nidge and detective Moynihan will clash but both will survive!

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

Can't believe how into this I am. Only two episodes let! I never even watched it before this season and I'm all over the place with it; just finished watching season two. Need to get my hands on one and three now.

btw, helloooooo Peter Coonan! <3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Are ye all blind !! :) Well its going to be nidge v Fran if the opening scene in the last episode was the Checkovs gun so to speak.

Flash forward Ep 4 and he comes to get a pup off fran.. and says he be back in 2 weeks to get him. Makes eye contact with nidge, director even opts for slow motion to emphasize it.

Check it out.

And did anyone notice last weeks episode? (not the latest).
    It was the funeral of nidges mother. As nidge was getting ready for the funeral they paused the pic making it look like a mortuary card for himself...
    Check it out if you recorded it..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Lizzie probably knew what was coming down the line. Choice? Prison for Lizzie is a much better option than kneecapped/stabbed/bleeding to death for Dano.

She knew that Nidge was somewhere a hide in or near the house and she knew that the first thing Nidge would do is arrange to meet Tony (Nidge probably had more than a hunch that this was a solo run and decided to take the risk to meet Tony much like he did before in season 3). The IRA take disobedience very seriously (especially when a first warning is ignored: Tony gave Dano his chance and a warning) but Dano disobeyed the warning and lied that he was not going after Nidge.

Lizzie would be no better than Dano in Tony's view (her job afterall would be to inform Tony that Dano was at this and she didn't).

The safest place for Lizzie was prison.

Well, in fairness Lizzie has just lost her two brothers in tragic circumstances not so long ago. She then kills someone she was fond of over it. She's now stalking someone to kill, this pressure would take its toll.

The way I see it is that she freaked out at the ignorant driver she rear ended then just collapsed, weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Sorry if this has already been asked but when the cops were bugging Nidge"s car was that Nidge's girlfriend walking on the other side of the street?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

deelite wrote: »
    Sorry if this has already been asked but when the cops were bugging Nidge"s car was that Nidge's girlfriend walking on the other side of the street?

No.

http://www.rte.ie/playerxl/#v=10216813

(32:25)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

The more I think of it - it seems obvious. The cops planting the bug in broad daylight were pretty bloody obvious about it. Nidge not changing cars. The ex-special forces guy making a big show of being asleep on the job. Fran's "bad acting" when he's calling Nidge a genius for suggesting the dummy run.
    I'll be disappointed now if thats not the way it pans out.
    Feckin' boards threads.

Why would Nidge or anyone take that risk? The cops can do them on the lidocaine dummy run anyway, they said it.

They would not do a real run in full knowledge that the cops were watching and listening and hope that it all works out because they said it was a dummy run and that "the cops haven't a clue".

That would be ridiculous, surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Wasn't Brian Meehan's brother caught bringing in a load of lido or some other dental mixing agent before?

EDIT: He was his cousin, made a lot of money from it too it seems

http://www.sundayworld.com/top-stories/crime-desk/investigations/how-we-exposed-rise-and-fall-of-doctor-coke

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Duggie2012

maybe nidge does know the cops are on to him but wouldnt he be taking a huge risk and there would be no way for him to know when they would bug his car, unless he was sure they were going to bug his car and he was waiting for them but this seems unlikely...and say he brings in the gear on the dummy run, still the cops would be all over him, he wouldnt be able to bring in any more through the dentist and it would be hardly worth all the grief for just 1 run would it?? a lot of questions to be answered.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

So with the ugliest woman in the country locked up for 'road rage'.

Ah now that's not on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Ah now that's not on

It's not justified at all really!

Saw here interviewed on afternoon TV the other day and she's well able to handle herself. I see nothing wrong with her to be honest other than her ability to act has upset some jealous people

Go Lizzy ;)

CaoilfhionnDunne-LizzieLoveHate_zps21332d9a.jpg

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement

So with the ugliest woman in the country locked up for 'road rage', .

Out of order to be honest. For all you know she is a registered poster on boards and having to read this abuse.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement