Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

It's not justified at all really!

Saw here interviewed on afternoon TV the other day and she's well able to handle herself. I see nothing wrong with her to be honest other than her ability to act has upset some jealous people

Go Lizzy ;)

She is a brilliant young actress and is portraying her character very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

It's not justified at all really!

Saw here interviewed on afternoon TV the other day and she's well able to handle herself. I see nothing wrong with her to be honest other than her ability to act has upset some jealous people

Go Lizzy ;)

CaoilfhionnDunne-LizzieLoveHate_zps21332d9a.jpg

she's a bit scary IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Out of order to be honest. For all you know she is a registered poster on boards and having to read this abuse.

Im sure the poster nidge weasal is brad pitt in real life:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Well, in fairness Lizzie has just lost her two brothers in tragic circumstances not so long ago. She then kills someone she was fond of over it. She's now stalking someone to kill, this pressure would take its toll.

The way I see it is that she freaked out at the ignorant driver she rear ended then just collapsed, weak.

Yes, all this pressure got to her. 2 dead brothers, discovering Darren (who she was fond of) killed one of them, then killing Darren, then having to kill Nidge, then failing in this, knowing Nidge would go to Tony (and knowing the outcome), and then the driver bore the brunt and she should then threw in the towel or so it seems and accepted arrest as her best option. She indeed seemed weak and defeated sitting there at the end of all this.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

i actually love lizzie

• Advertisement

hooch-85 wrote: »
    Wasn't Brian Meehan's brother caught bringing in a load of lido or some other dental mixing agent before?

EDIT: He was his cousin, made a lot of money from it too it seems

http://www.sundayworld.com/top-stories/crime-desk/investigations/how-we-exposed-rise-and-fall-of-doctor-coke
    they also had a cop in their pocket...as it happens he was also only good for getting off fines....

She is a brilliant young actress and is portraying her character very well.

She does an excellent and realistic portrayal of a girl like Lizzie. Her conscience is always at her and you can see she feels the pain and she is a very good character on the show.

Yes, all this pressure got to her. 2 dead brothers, discovering Darren (who she was fond of) killed one of them, then killing Darren, then having to kill Nidge, then failing in this, knowing Nidge would go to Tony (and knowing the outcome), and then the driver bore the brunt and she should then threw in the towel or so it seems and accepted arrest as her best option. She indeed seemed weak and defeated sitting there at the end of all this.

True and dont forget she also aided and abetted the murder of the couple last season and you could sense it ate away at her conscience watching it on the news the next day.

She'll play a major part yet. Dont be surprised if she forms a splinter group against the RA. Perhaps she is the spinoff that the writers have in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

i actually love lizzie

Me too :)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Me too :)
    lets stalk her on twitter!

• Advertisement

True and dont forget she also aided and abetted the murder of the couple last season and you could sense it ate away at her conscience watching it on the news the next day.

She'll play a major part yet. Dont be surprised if she forms a splinter group against the RA. Perhaps she is the spinoff that the writers have in mind.

That is true. I think she was very disappointed in Darren for doing this. She wanted Darren just to kill Elmo's cousin and she looked disgusted that he also killed the totally innocent girl.

I've heard of the spinoff too and one that concentrates on Lizzie forming a splinter group leading to an IRA feud would be excellent. It could feature Tony, Michelle, Dano's mother and wife, and maybe some cameo appearances from Nidge helping out Tony and Fran helping Tony (or maybe Lizzie!).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Out of order to be honest. For all you know she is a registered poster on boards and having to read this abuse.

:o

Dry up.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Any one think that Dano could still be alive?
    Someone finds him about to pass out, takes him to hospital and he makes a recovery of sorts?
    I suppose when I think it about it a bit more, even if that is the case, he wouldnt be able to do much in the next two episodes.......

kippy wrote: »
    Someone finds him about to pass out, takes him to hospital and he makes a recovery of sorts?
    I suppose when I think it about it a bit more, even if that is the case, he wouldnt be able to do much in the next two episodes.......

The papers seem to conclude he is dead. Actor Jason Barry said it was his last scene but he may not actually be dead?

Suppose he did make a recovery and Nidge assumed he was dead? And he comes back in season 5?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

The papers seem to conclude he is dead. Actor Jason Barry said it was his last scene but he may not actually be dead?

Suppose he did make a recovery and Nidge assumed he was dead? And he comes back in season 5?
    Ah, I hadn't heard that.
    Fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

kippy wrote: »

Aye, he'll be lining up in the Dublin Marathon in s5.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Benteke

Bookies have paid out that he has died, They took a bashing if you believe the stories in the rags, The actor has also said he has died, He bled out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 645 ✭✭✭loveBBhate

In my opinion, he's dead. I've watched the episode twice and it's during the day when he's shot, when it goes back to him at the end of the episode it is evening. So give or take the length of time of a few hours. He is unusually pale in the face at this point suggesting he's close to death/has bled out.

I've also done a bit of research online in how long it would take to recover from such an injury if he was to survive and the condition he'd be in up until full recovery. It's very unlikely that he'll get anyway near Nidge or even be able to do anything that'd be worth anyone getting worried about.

Unless now he has a highly powered wheelchair strapped to the last with high-tech ammunition or an Iron Man suit I'd say that's the last we've seen of Dano!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Jeez, I hope we are not going to have a is he / isn't he debate like the Darren saga. The actor has said in a recent interview that he knew Dano's days were numbered and that he was going to die.

From the RTE web site..

http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2013/1029/483114-jason-barry-talks-about-love-hate/?noredirection=true

or

http://m.rte.ie/ten/touch/news/2013/1029/483114-jason-barry-talks-about-love-hate/

Warning: spoiler alert!
    How did it feel when you read the script describing Dano's death?
    Jason Barry: I knew last year [after season three] from talking with Stuart Carolan [Love/Hate creator] that Dano's days were numbered in season four. Firstly, I was happy that he was brought back but nervous about how he would exit. Dano and Nidge [Tom Vaughan-Lawlor] can't exist in the same world so I figured Stuart would kill him off rather than just have him drive off into the sunset. Stuart really has given Dano the exit he deserves. It's brutal and sad all rolled into one.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

The likelihood of surviving after getting shot in both knees in the middle of nowhere is quite slim. Blood loss would be massive if the bullets hit the popliteal artery. Dano had already passed out by the end of the episode, it was getting dark so unlikely anyone would find him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Benteke wrote: »
    Bookies have paid out that he has died, They took a bashing if you believe the stories in the rags, The actor has also said he has died, He bled out

Did bookies really take bets on who was going to die next? I can't believe they'd be that stupid to take bets on something that a lot of the crew of the show would know the outcome of.

I mean did they ask everyone coming in to place a bet did they work on Love/Hate?

I read it in the papers that they took a heavy hit, It could be just PR on their side, I never did any bets, So I don't know how much they would let you get on, But it's not unusual for bookies to take bets like this

• Registered Users Posts: 4,768 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Did bookies really take bets on who was going to die next? I can't believe they'd be that stupid to take bets on something that a lot of the crew of the show would know the outcome of.

I mean did they ask everyone coming in to place a bet did they work on Love/Hate?

They would only accept small sums for these kind of bets, i'd say the limit is around 50 euro or something like that.

It's all PR, if they get 10% of the people who signed up to bet on L/H to stay on and keep their account open they would make back there money and then some in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Was there not a scene in one of the trailers where Dano was wielding a samurai sword. It was one of the pre season ones. It made it look like it was almost a samurai sword house hunt between Dano and Nidge.

Please somebody tell me I'm not talking through my backside. Anybody?

Edit: My bad just had a look at the first trailer again. When I first saw it I mistook Nidge hiding under the Bed to be Dano. So Dano is definitely a goner in my books.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Was there not a scene in one of the trailers where Dano was wielding a samurai sword. It was one of the pre season ones. It made it look like it was almost a samurai sword house hunt between Dano and Nidge.

happened in the last episode but he didn't actually use it on anyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    They would only accept small sums for these kind of bets, i'd say the limit is around 50 euro or something like that.

It's all PR, if they get 10% of the people who signed up to bet on L/H to stay on and keep their account open they would make back there money and then some in no time.

So it's a profit game, eh?

I suppose if they limit it that'd make sense.

Anyone rocking in with 1,000 euro to stick on Dano would presumably be turned away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

ShagNastii wrote: »

Don't remember that prob confusing yourself wit nidge maybe?
    Do remember sayin ages ago bout the whole betting thing. That was the only thing I had seen about upcoming events. Tried to stay away from all the hype cos didn't want the whole thing to be ruined. Don't watch all the previews or anything. I like to be surprised and actually wait and see what happens.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 645 ✭✭✭loveBBhate

Riskymove wrote: »
    happened in the last episode but he didn't actually use it on anyone

When? Nidge, yes. But Dano, no. Or at least I don't remember Dano wielding a samurai sword?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

My bad just had a look at the first trailer again. When I first saw it I mistook Nidge hiding under the Bed to be Dano. So Dano is definitely a goner in my books.

• Advertisement

Shame you could not back the cat to get it, You would have got nice odds

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement