Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

He's too sharp to do that even though it's an angle alright, it would be a short reprieve as he knows he would definitely be signing his own death warrant if he shopped the ra.

He would not set up Tony but there may be some lesser order he could dispose of. Andrew the dentist?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Is Nidge ever going to die at all? Its a tad unrealistic for a show based in such a small place like Ireland that Nidge has managed to evade death so often when so many around him are dead. Does he have a golden contract I wonder? I do like the show but if i have to put up with yet another season of Nidge and his annoying chin I might bail out...

Hopefully not. I think he's great. Seldom the lead character is killed off in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Benteke

Is Nidge ever going to die at all? Its a tad unrealistic for a show based in such a small place like Ireland that Nidge has managed to evade death so often when so many around him are dead. Does he have a golden contract I wonder? I do like the show but if i have to put up with yet another season of Nidge and his annoying chin I might bail out...

To be fair he is a main part of the show and everything goes through Nidge as a character, As for leaders of gangs living, Take a look at the gangs around Ireland at the moment, They still have the same leaders they did 10 year ago

Benteke wrote: »
    Nidge would not last 5 mins if he set up the RA, As he said in series 3, It's like taking on an army

Nidge will try and stay on good terms with the IRA as this was always his policy since the start of series 3. He did not approve of Darren's pipebomb attack in sympathy with Ado or Darren's murder of Git. He realised rightly that Dano was considered a bit of a liability by Tony and I'm sure he will want to continue to enjoy good relations with Tony.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Duggie2012

who would want nidge killed off...come ON!!! most of the leaders delegate the jobs and keep there hands "clean", dont tend to get to involved in the dirty work.

• Advertisement

Duggie2012 wrote: »
    who would want nidge killed off...come ON!!! most of the leaders delegate the jobs and keep there hands "clean", dont tend to get to involved in the dirty work.

True. And that's why Nidge needs Andrew, Tommy, Fran, Ado and Elmo. That's why Tony needs Nidge. And why Fran needs Deano and Carlo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Hopefully not. I think he's great. Seldom the lead character is killed off in fairness.
    To be fair he is a main part of the show and everything goes through Nidge as a character, As for leaders of gangs living, Take a look at the gangs around Ireland at the moment, They still have the same leaders they did 10 year ago

Nidge has only really been a target since John Boy died and he's had to duck and dive to stay out of trouble since he became the boss.

It's only now that the guards are starting to close in on him like they did with John Boy. If Fran goes after him he could well end up being killed by his own gang, just like John Boy before him.

I would hate to see Nidge or Fran leave the show, I just love them as characters, The one liners they come out with are funny and you just know also they have a few tools missing and they can be as sadistic as each other when they want to be

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Duggie2012 wrote: »

Yeah but hes after escaping so much now (the IRA should have killed him that time) that it looks a tad messy with the scriptwriting. In fairness the show could easily live on without him. Hes a great character but a bit played out at this stage. If hes still at this in 2 seasons time it will look stupid.

I would hate to see Nidge or Fran leave the show, I just love them as characters, The one liners they come out with are funny and you just know also they have a few tools missing and they can be as sadistic as each other when they want to be

That is very true. Both these character ARE Love/Hate to me. They can both be as sadistic as each other and can also show kind, charming sides too: sometimes even in the same scene. A most recent example comes from Nidge: he captures Wayne and threatens him with a knife and later lets him go, gives him a job and perhaps sees a bit of his younger self in Wayne.

• Advertisement

The same with Fran with Deano, Getting him on his knees, Hitting him with the shot gun, Then goes up close and say 'Deano, What are doing here' Classic

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

I think definitely Fran would be the leader here with Tommy helping him out in the background like keeping an eye out on his location or something. Assuming Fran and Nidge fell out, I'd say Fran will plan his revenge well and could give Nidge no impression anything was wrong.

Eh...Tommy isn't able to hold up his pants. He isn't relevant. He's Nidge's nephew-in-law or something. So he's alive in the way a cute goldfish is. One thing is for certain - the only criminal enterprise he will ever be involved in again is his own murder.

:o

Dry up.

Cop yourself on. No one thinks your funny

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Good news :) Debbie gone to Hollyoaks :) won't be seeing much more of her. sorry but her voice goes through me

deise08 wrote: »
    Good news :) Debbie gone to Hollyoaks :) won't be seeing much more of her. sorry but her voice goes through me

Nidge will be delighted. She wont be annoying him any more thinking she is important :D

Is in she involved in a story line were she sold or is selling a baby on holllyoaks? Our Debbie needs her fix badly :D:D

I wonder if she will get killed off or maybe she will get caught at customs and just get sent down and get written out that way

That is very true. Both these character ARE Love/Hate to me. They can both be as sadistic as each other and can also show kind, charming sides too: sometimes even in the same scene. A most recent example comes from Nidge: he captures Wayne and threatens him with a knife and later lets him go, gives him a job and perhaps sees a bit of his younger self in Wayne.

Even Fran was having the craic with the traveller guys young lad when he was looking at the pup the other day. Other than that though i cant think of one redeeming feature of his character apart from being a funny b@stard and by that example i have given im actually scraping the barrel.

Is in she involved in a story line were she sold or is selling a baby on holllyoaks? Our Debbie needs her fix badly :D:D

I winder if she will get killed off or maybe she will get caught at customs and just get sent down and get written out that way

She could end up cutting a deal if she turns state witness. Thats why the guards are trying to inject a bit of paranoia into the gang in order to make them all so paranoid and fearful of what the other will do that they will go to the guards in order to be safe from the threat and in exchange might give information.

I just cant see that happening anytime soon, unless season 5 will begin with Nidge locked up or he ends up locked up in s5, Would Debbie even be in S5, She seems to have gotten a gig on a soap which is very time consuming if its along term gig

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Is there def only 6 episodes this season

• Advertisement

mightyreds wrote: »
    Is there def only 6 episodes this season

Thats all. RTE should at least look to extend it to 8 for next season although they seem to think that the money would be better spent on their presenters.

8 would probably be just the right amount. Could help with that extra bit of character development.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Thats all. RTE should at least look to extend it to 8 for next season although they seem to think that the money would be better spent on their presenters.

8 would probably be just the right amount. Could help with that extra bit of character development.

Yeah especially the slow build up too would of liked a couple more episodes to get the pay off, the gards catching up to them could of played out a little slower.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭yizorselves

Fran is dead this Season, the young fella kills him.....tellin ya

Fran is dead this Season, the young fella kills him.....tellin ya

So many prospects with Fran. I agree that could happen and i agree it could possibly be Wayne but I also think Deano and Carlo will betray him in some way. If Fran becomes isolated he is pretty much fúcked.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

i have a therory, nidge knows the cops are on to him as he must know they lifted his informer in the cops since he cant get a hold of him.

who is noelie and why is fran digging up his dead mother.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 645 ✭✭✭loveBBhate

The song at the end of the last episode; 'This is a Rebel' Song by Sinead O'Connor. First time I heard it Sunday and I've grown real fond of it since. Lovely song and it went perfectly with the given scene in Love/Hate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

loveBBhate wrote: »
    The song at the end of the last episode; 'This is a Rebel' Song by Sinead O'Connor. First time I heard it Sunday and I've grown real fond of it since. Lovely song and it went perfectly with the given scene in Love/Hate :)

A great song it is for sure.

Sinead looked a lot different then didn't she?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭aisr1ofk43dpy5

Fair City now has twice as many murders in the last couple of weeks than season 4 of love hate just saying :-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 645 ✭✭✭loveBBhate

Fair City now has twice as many murders in the last couple of weeks than season 4 of love hate just saying :-)

The only thing ever murdered in that programme is the art of acting.

• Advertisement

What time is fair city on? :D:D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement