Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

loveBBhate wrote: »
    She was always on the market to be fair, or at least for Tommy anyway ;) :P

Well at least now the lads wont get kneecapped if they get the * 'gallop' off her. :D

*gallop meaning ride and not some form of STI

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Hey quick question. Remember
    Darren's bro was killed in the opening scenes in Season One. Did John Boys brother do it or was it ever revealed who did it?

Question came up in work today and I was sure it was never revealed, but a mate says it was. Searched the first few pages of the thread but cant see it anywhere.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 645 ✭✭✭loveBBhate

Hey quick question. Remember
    Darren's bro was killed in the opening scenes in Season One. Did John Boys brother do it or was it ever revealed who did it?

Question came up in work today and I was sure it was never revealed, but a mate says it was. Searched the first few pages of the thread but cant see it anywhere.

Hughie did it, John Boy's half-brother.

Hughie confesses this to John Boy at the scene where Hughie as per normal flew in to a fit of rage and killed your man in the caravan with the cue ball in the sock. John Boy comes to save him as per usual and they burn out the caravan with your man inside. It's here where Hughie confesses to killing Darren's brother Robbie in the midst of admitting how much he's fcuked everything up, awh Hughie :):D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Cheers for that, that's exactly what my friend had said but could not remember when it was revealed. That's why it did not register with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Hughie did it, John Boy's half-brother.

Hughie confesses this to John Boy at the scene where Hughie as per normal flew in to a fit of rage and killed your man in the caravan with the cue ball in the sock. John Boy comes to save him as per usual and they burn out the caravan with your man inside. It's here where Hughie confesses to killing Darren's brother Robbie in the midst of admitting how much he's fcuked everything up, awh Hughie :):D

Wasn't it over 300 Euro or somethin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

deise08 wrote: »
    jeeaysus hughie was a nutter....imagine he was around now

jeeaysus hughie was a nutter....imagine he was around now

A proper head the ball alright. God I used to hate him didn't know what he was going to do. but that just shows how good the actor was.

deise08 wrote: »

Yup, Hughie for ya :)

Opinions on a Fran V Hughie fight people? I reckon Fran would puck the head of him. Both of them are equally as dangerous with regards their mentality, but physically I think Fran would have the upper hand.

Opinions on a Fran V Hughie fight people? I reckon Fran would puck the head of him. Both of them are equally as dangerous with regards their mentality, but physically I think Fran would have the upper hand.
    Fran certainly has some sort of head on his shoulders, as he is an entrepreneur of some sort...hughie was 100% head case, more paranoid too. Fran would knock several shades of sh1te out of him though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

I'd say Nidge would be fairly handy, he does go to the gym after all :pac:

That had to be the most hilarious scene of the series so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Fran would be far more intelligent, more calculating and will think things through. He would easily win.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Hughie in the first round by cue-ball in a mangy sock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Love/Hate, Breaking Bad and The Sopranos are all excellent shows. I think Breaking Bad was the best US show of its type since The Sopranos and Love/Hate joins these 2 in what are the three best dramas of the last decade (Dallas 2012- is great too (pity about JR/Larry) but of course that was originated in 1978).

You obviously haven't seen The Wire.

Best TV show out there IMO, if your into crime, drugs and gangland then you should check it out. The Wire has it all really.

Best TV show out there IMO, if your into crime, drugs and gangland then you should check it out. The Wire has it all really.

Haven't heard of it myself. Is it popular? Is it a programme like Underbelly which is mainly known in Oz, similar to L/H in Ireland or... ?

Carlo's been mentioned a lot here, i'd say he would be happy to see the end of fran.

Haven't heard of it myself. Is it popular? Is it a programme like Underbelly which is mainly known in Oz, similar to L/H in Ireland or... ?

Both Underbelly and the Wire are fantastic. Definitely in my top 5 favourite shows along with Love/Hate. Have yet to watch Breaking bad but there is so much positive reviews i cant imagine it will disappoint me and im not sure what to expect in it. Seems like it could throw up a comedy moment or two?

Both Underbelly and the Wire are fantastic. Definitely in my top 5 favourite shows along with Love/Hate. Have yet to watch Breaking bad but there is so much positive reviews i cant imagine it will disappoint me and im not sure what to expect in it. Seems like it could throw up a comedy moment or two?

Arah no I was only messing of course I've seen The Wire :) Breaking Bad would be my favourite of that lot to be honest, love it! I envy you that you still haven't watched it and will get to enjoy it as a first time viewer. Loved The Sopranos too, great show! I liked The Wire but I didn't love it! A good show but I just didn't love it the way most people did. Have yet to see Underbelly so I might give that a go after L/H.

With regards BB throwing up a comedy moment or two; ha, yes :) along with every other emotion, great great show!

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Benteke

I have only ever watched a 3-4 episodes of the Sopranos, I never got into it as a regualar viewer but one of the episodes I watched was the final episode without knowing it, So I know how it ends which has pretty much ruined it for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

I wasnt a major fan of this weeks episode tbh, the Nidge under the bed thing took the piss for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭basillarkin

AG2R wrote: »
    I wasnt a major fan of this weeks episode tbh, the Nidge under the bed thing took the piss for me.

I believe it was done to highlight that he is in fact a coward

I believe it was done to highlight that he is in fact a coward

A coward? Really? I would say sensible. Gun > Sword. He hadn't a chance. Open to your opinion though all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

If L/H gets an American version, who will they substitute in for travellers and IRA?

If L/H gets an American version, who will they substitute in for travellers and IRA?

IRA could still be IRA or Mafia/Mobs so thats that.

Travellers could be dodgy Southerners

Well America isn't exactly short on gangs so I assume they would find substitutes.

I'd imagine main gang was Irish then the IRA would be substituted by Italian Mafia and maybe Bikers for the Travellers.

Travellers = white trash/hicks/red necks, etc...
    IRA = The IRA themselves visiting relatives in America or something :)

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

AG2R wrote: »
    IRA could still be IRA or Mafia/Mobs so thats that.

Travellers could be dodgy Southerners

fran could be a clan leader .

Would be kinda of hard logistically to have southern hillbilly's interact with an Irish gang from the North East!*

*Assuming they make the main gang Irish

jjf1974 wrote: »
    fran could be a clan leader .

I think you've an unhealthy obsession with Fran :p

• Advertisement

Lads call me niaive but what exactly is a tout?? just rewatching there and Martin talkin to nidge in car. ok so he tells nidge that he under survellance after the tiger thing and that Terry ducked up wit a tout. so what exactly is a tout. sorry I'm. a girl :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement