Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Duggie2012

ok anyone think of who they would like to see join the cast..here is my hitlist..

Colm Meaney(i'd say he would love to be back in Dublin filming and he can pull off the dodgy/hardman persona).

Cillian Murphy(really good actor, only over the pond now in London, could possibly make a few appearences)

Colin Farrell(more of a cameo but we could see him Intermission style doing some dodgy work).

Maybe the 2nd two are questionable but Meaney would add a lot if he got the right character..no??

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Actually Meaney would be good as a Garda, similar to the role he played in intermission. The kind of Guard who constantly finds himself harassing Nidge's gang and getting into scraps with them.

Brendan Gleeson I think can be insanely menacing, even though he can also be a big teddy bear. He could be Tony's superior, a terrifying psychopath.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Benteke

I would prefer unknowns if I'm honest, When you start having big name actors the show becomes more about them than the show itself, Plus they will only have a short run at it because they have job offers coming out of their back side

seamus wrote: »
    Actually Meaney would be good as a Garda, similar to the role he played in intermission. The kind of Guard who constantly finds himself harassing Nidge's gang and getting into scraps with them.

Brendan Gleeson I think can be insanely menacing, even though he can also be a big teddy bear. He could be Tony's superior, a terrifying psychopath.

he could play a cop but i'd love to see Meaney as a bad ass gang member, possibly a rival to Nidge weasel. i'd love to see that :D make it happen Stuart!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Duggie2012 wrote: »
    ya i like australian tv, very much like irish tv, you always tend to see the same actors popping up in various shows. usually from home and away or nieghbours or blue heelers or one of them. jason moran was in h&A and his father was in neighbours..:D
    i spotted jason straight away!! he was part of my youth!

• Advertisement

i spotted jason straight away!! he was part of my youth!

me too! good auld Home and Away!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Benteke wrote: »
    Keep them to yourself for those that don't want to know

Or use spoiler tags......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 645 ✭✭✭loveBBhate

That she is. For some reason I forgot she was the schoolgirl in S1 getting off with Tommy. Only realised when I watched ot back to back there again over the summer.

Stunner.

True that, and Nidge being the caring uncle wouldn't even let her have a vodka in the bar after Robbie's wake. Searching for Tommy's Bluetooth in the bar too to contact him, priceless :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Shout Dust

I don't know what the story is with rags and their constant spoilers for this show. I've only recently got into the show but I already had a fair idea of some major plot points, because the likes of The Star think it's ok to do a 2 day spread on an episode that was only aired the night before. :rolleyes:

They're worse today. Front page headline and then a two page spread on what happens in the next episode. Could at least wait til the episode airs ffs. It's weird the rags obsession with it though, it's only a TV show and takes up more pages than actual crime.
    The independent even have a live blog of the show as it airs :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Shout Dust wrote: »
    They're worse today. Front page headline and then a two page spread on what happens in the next episode. Could at least wait til the episode airs ffs. It's weird the rags obsession with it though, it's only a TV show and takes up more pages than actual crime.
    The independent even have a live blog of the show as it airs :confused:
    yeah it's really taking the pi$$ ....imagine getting a big journo job and that's the crap they expect you to write!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Yes, journalists reporting stuff that "you heard here first"...shocking:eek:.
    As for live blogs while the show airs - ehhm - you're kind of in one now :eek::eek:
    Shows leaking plot details to garner publicity - thats a first :eek::eek::eek:

Right, I've used up my quota of scary faces for this decade.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭CaptainFreedom

Dont look at the irish daily stars website at all today, massive unnecessary spoiler and Im glad I didnt see the printed version today...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Dont look at the irish daily stars website at all today, massive unnecessary spoiler and Im glad I didnt see the printed version today...

In fairness that's a good thing to avoid every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Really sick of the media dropping spoilers, like a bunch of giddy schoolkids who can't wait to tell all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Benteke wrote: »
    I think the Noelie Hughes was just a sub plot in the series, I think it will take a back seat just like the RA, It may return in S5, Noelie Hughes had a shot gun and tried to kill Fran, Don't think he will get out anytime soon but if they did a few scenes in prison, We may see Noelie again

I read somewhere they had to write Frans real life loss of front teeth into the series, so maybe Noelie's storyline was just about that,

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭CaptainFreedom

I read somewhere they had to write Frans real life loss of front teeth into the series, so maybe Noelie's storyline was just about that,

They didnt have to - when it was revealed Peter Coonnan had dentures, he was waiting for Stuart Carolan to write Fran to lose his chompers at some point, and having your head smacked off a urinal is probably the most gangland way of having it done....

Slowly and carefully reading posts in this thread to avoid spoilers, but from what I gather The Irish Daily Star have been revealing what's going to happen in the next episode. Take it up with this guy people :P

I've my view expressed anyway :D

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057073877/1/#post87298038

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Shout Dust

Yes, journalists reporting stuff that "you heard here first"...shocking:eek:.
    As for live blogs while the show airs - ehhm - you're kind of in one now :eek::eek:
    Shows leaking plot details to garner publicity - thats a first :eek::eek::eek:

Right, I've used up my quota of scary faces for this decade.

There's a difference between leaking some spoilers and splashing
    the next character to die on their front pages

At the very least, they could have said look inside for their big reveal, and kept if out of the headlines, no need to be dickheads and intentionally spoiling it for people.

And there's a difference between a thread in a forum for a show and writing a dedicated live blog on a sunday night for a national newspaper.

Here watching Intermission, any one recognise this little rascal being nabbed by Colm Meaney? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,893 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Never noticed that... I did notice young Jack "Joffrey Baratheon" Gleeson on a re-watch of Batman Begins..

.. but jaysus, Elmo looks quite young there!

• Advertisement

Basq wrote: »
    Never noticed that... I did notice young Jack "Joffrey Baratheon" Gleeson on a re-watch of Batman Begins..

.. but jaysus, Elmo looks quite young there!

and a few stone lighter :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Anyone know where the bould Wayne(Barry Keoghgan) is from?

I get a hint of a Waterford accent off him, defo not a Dub I'd say.

Guys and gals, help me out here. Flicking through the L/H cast and this one comes up, Amy Shiels, absolute cracker! Says she has been in 6 episodes and plays a girl called Danielle. For the life of me I can't remember who she is in it and I've watched it twice over? Not one of Siobhan's friends no? Not Donna but the other one?! Surely she should be in the best looking character in L/H thread?!

Here's two pics of her.

loveBBhate wrote: »
    Guys and gals, help me out here. Flicking through the L/H cast and this one comes up, Amy Shiels, absolute cracker! Says she has been in 6 episodes and plays a girl called Danielle. For the life of me I can't remember who she is in it and I've watched it twice over? Not one of Siobhan's friends no? Not Donna but the other one?! Surely she should be in the best looking character in L/H thread?!

Here's two pics of her.

thats yer wan fran asked if she was a dirt bird.

lufties wrote: »

In 6 episodes?

loveBBhate wrote: »
    In 6 episodes?

cant remember her being in 6, around 3 at the most.

cant remember her being in 6, around 3 at the most.

Well I'd still fcuking bury her all the same, beaut!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

If nothing else, it gave the best line ever in "I'm pissing on your ma Noelie!"

Don't mix poitin and mushrooms kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

The lady/durt bird wasn't interested in Fran. Donna was the Avatar (he got paint all over his clothes) and he was bringing her home to give her another "lash"
    Did Danielle talk Donna into going to the cops about Nidge threatening her?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Shout Dust wrote: »
    There's a difference between leaking some spoilers and splashing
    the next character to die on their front pages

At the very least, they could have said look inside for their big reveal.

Couldnt agree more took a glancing look at yesterdays star on the table today and it there in big bold writing, couldn't believe it I was raging.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement