Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭small town girl

The dirtburd is played by Aisling Bodkin. The search for Amy Shiels continues....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

The show has lost its way in this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Yup I prefered it when there was more drugs , killing , women and parties .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

What is Fi? Aido was getting in episode 3 with Nadine's poss.

The dirtburd is played by Aisling Bodkin. The search for Amy Shiels continues....

She had a small role as a beautician in the first series and was giving Trish a manicure. Then Nidge came in for his back, sack and crack.

• Advertisement

She had a small role as a beautician in the first series and was giving Trish a manicure. Then Nidge came in for his back, sack and crack.

My first quote, I've arrived :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

I really enjoy this season as with all the other 3. Now, I cannot say which season was my favourite as I love all four but all four are different.

Season 1 set things up and I think that Darren was meant to be the main character and the focus of the story. However, both Nidge and John Boy were also hot favourites. The focus was on the slaying of Robert, Darren's brother, and Darren's quest for revenge coupled with his struggle to get out of crime. Violence from Hughie (Robert's killer) added to the tension.

Season 2 continued the same theme with Darren coping from his injuries sustained at the end of season 1. New character Fran is added as the theme focuses on a gang war between John Boy and him. The focus increasingly turned to Nidge as he gained more and more popularity with audiences. I guess John Boy's surprise assassination lead the way. Of course, Fran goes to prison but not for long after glassing his colleague.

Season 3 was the reign of King Nidge with his trusted sidekicks Fran, Tommy and of course Darren. The IRA element was introduced and the focus quickly was on the gang v IRA with many twists and turns. With the rape and murder scene with Git, Nidge bashing Tommy, kneecapping, etc., season 3 was the most violent of the series so far.

Season 4 continued the IRA theme of season 3 with Dano getting kneecapped last week (looking forward to seeing it again later on). The main difference is that now there is more cops in it. We have seen less killings in season 4 (probably due to the fact that Darren is no longer around!!!) but we have seen plenty extreme violence like a vicious toilet fight between Fran and Noelie, Lizzie clobbering an angry driver to almost death and the IRA kneecapping/stabbing and leaving for dead Dano.

Episodes 5 and 6 are bound to see the following: like episode 4 resolved the IRA issue (or did it??), episode 5 and 6 will set other themes straight: namely Tommy's memory coming back and Fran finding out the truth about Linda. Nidge will have to arrange Wayne to take out this traveller who knows I think. Wayne seems to be the new Darren?? I wonder how true the rumours about a certain other character according to the Daily Mail are?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

I wonder how true the rumours about a certain other character according to the Daily Mail are?
    I've been avoiding the star like the plague and I'm pretty sure you could have put this in spoiler tags - it kind of narrows it down. Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

bazermc wrote: »
    What is Fi? Aido was getting in episode 3 with Nadine's poss.

I'm think it's a name for methadone

• Registered Users Posts: 29,352 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I'm think it's a name for methadone

Physeptone - one of the brand names for methadone, as above

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 tv_junkie

I don't actually get the criticism of the guards in the show , they come across as pretty human to me , swearing , bending the law , making lewd comments about sexy women who come in to focus during stakeouts , baschically , chit chatting like normal blokes

their not corn fed straight laced boy scouts

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 tv_junkie

I don't actually get the criticism of the guards in the show , they come across as pretty human to me , swearing , bending the law , making lewd comments about sexy women who come in to focus during stakeouts , baschically , chit chatting like normal blokes

their not corn fed straight laced boy scouts

I've been avoiding the star like the plague and I'm pretty sure you could have put this in spoiler tags - it kind of narrows it down. Thanks!!

The Star and Mail sometimes get it right and other times get it wrong with their 'spoilers'. Without saying what I saw in one of these, I cannot see what they predict will happen tomorrow as there is no leading up storyline for it to happen! I know that things can indeed move pretty fast in a Love/Hate episode, an especially one from the latter half of the series (but there are usually leadups: for example, the Dano, Darren, John Boy, etc. stories), but I guess by tomorrow, we can see if they are right or wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

I really enjoy this season as with all the other 3. Now, I cannot say which season was my favourite as I love all four but all four are different.

Season 1 set things up and I think that Darren was meant to be the main character and the focus of the story. However, both Nidge and John Boy were also hot favourites. The focus was on the slaying of Robert, Darren's brother, and Darren's quest for revenge coupled with his struggle to get out of crime. Violence from Hughie (Robert's killer) added to the tension.

Season 2 continued the same theme with Darren coping from his injuries sustained at the end of season 1. New character Fran is added as the theme focuses on a gang war between John Boy and him. The focus increasingly turned to Nidge as he gained more and more popularity with audiences. I guess John Boy's surprise assassination lead the way. Of course, Fran goes to prison but not for long after glassing his colleague.

Season 3 was the reign of King Nidge with his trusted sidekicks Fran, Tommy and of course Darren. The IRA element was introduced and the focus quickly was on the gang v IRA with many twists and turns. With the rape and murder scene with Git, Nidge bashing Tommy, kneecapping, etc., season 3 was the most violent of the series so far.

Season 4 continued the IRA theme of season 3 with Dano getting kneecapped last week (looking forward to seeing it again later on). The main difference is that now there is more cops in it. We have seen less killings in season 4 (probably due to the fact that Darren is no longer around!!!) but we have seen plenty extreme violence like a vicious toilet fight between Fran and Noelie, Lizzie clobbering an angry driver to almost death and the IRA kneecapping/stabbing and leaving for dead Dano.

Episodes 5 and 6 are bound to see the following: like episode 4 resolved the IRA issue (or did it??), episode 5 and 6 will set other themes straight: namely Tommy's memory coming back and Fran finding out the truth about Linda. Nidge will have to arrange Wayne to take out this traveller who knows I think. Wayne seems to be the new Darren?? I wonder how true the rumours about a certain other character according to the Daily Mail are?

Rumours? they confirmed it FFS the feckers. You are on the mark with that summation, I have enjoyed season 4 so far but season three was tops for me.

Season one and two were good too, one thing that drove me bananas was every scene and dialogue between darren and rosie, very boring.

So hopefully tonight the momentum will pick up as it has been quite slow this season thus far.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Can't see Fran finding out Linda and Nidge unless I've missed something blatant.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

There's a Fran the Man L/H page on Facebook that I liked a while back and it's gone into overdrive saying there's serious editing being done at the moment relating to a double shooting in Ballymun last night. Wonder if its legit?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Goodness the tooth! :/ Elmo is a rat lol! Its gripping hope it good tonight!

The posts are a little hard to understand but it has 17,000 likes so I dunno. Here's a link to it for anyone on FB

https://m.facebook.com/FranTheManLoveHate?id=561074727252277&refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.ie%2F&_rdr

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Really disappointed to read that
    keith Duffy is going to be in tonight's episode. Other then the fact that he's a terrible actor it's Keith Duffy. From boyzone. An Irish boy band who everyone in Ireland knows. Just doesn't seem right to have someone like that in an Irish show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭stickybookmark

lufties wrote: »

Season one and two were good too, one thing that drove me bananas was every scene and dialogue between darren and rosie, very boring.

Ah they have to put the love story in to catch female viewers though! The Darren/Rosie story line was probably what kept most female viewers watching Love/Hate

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Ah they have to put the love story in to catch female viewers though! The Darren/Rosie story line was probably what kept most female viewers watching Love/Hate

I'm female and I hated all the Darren Rosie scenes. They'd no chemistry and they were boring.

Omackeral wrote: »
    There's a Fran the Man L/H page on Facebook that I liked a while back and it's gone into overdrive saying there's serious editing being done at the moment relating to a double shooting in Ballymun last night. Wonder if its legit?

Lol, it's amazing what people will believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I'm female and I hated all the Darren Rosie scenes. They'd no chemistry and they were boring.

Yup it was cringy in the worst way. I don't see the fascination with Robert s as a sex symbol either .

Lol, it's amazing what people will believe.

It's amazing that anyone under the age of 15 says Lol.

Also, never said I believed it.

Omackeral wrote: »
    It's amazing that anyone under the age of 15 says Lol.

Also, never said I believed it.

No need to be getting stroppy just because you fell for some facebook nonsense ;)

lufties wrote: »
    Rumours? they confirmed it FFS the feckers. You are on the mark with that summation, I have enjoyed season 4 so far but season three was tops for me.

So hopefully tonight the momentum will pick up as it has been quite slow this season thus far.:(

Then that character has to end up seriously p1ssing off a lot of people with a complete new storyline developed all in tonight's episode. Only hint was Nidge being slightly annoyed with the character but not enough to kill this person.

Season 3 was excellent overall. I guess the Darren and Rosie scenes was love part of Love/Hate. I liked the way Rosie, Mary and others told Darren he was different and not a killer, etc. despite he killing more people than any other character!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

No. I have a uterus and I enjoy good tv for writing, acting and drama. The romance was not an angle that attracted me one bit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Lisha wrote: »
    Yup it was cringy in the worst way. I don't see the fascination with Robert s as a sex symbol either .

Agree about Robert, way too scrawny but killian scott, now there's a man you could drool over ♥

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Agree about Robert, way too scrawny but killian scott, now there's a man you could drool over ♥

OK .. so the male model who can't act is out (agreed - even as a straight guy I can tell he's a drip) - but you'll fall in love with a pot plant. Make that houseplant to avoid any misunderstandings.
    I give up.

• Advertisement

OK .. so the male model who can't act is out (agreed - even as a straight guy I can tell he's a drip) - but you'll fall in love with a pot plant. Make that houseplant to avoid any misunderstandings.
    I give up.

I fell in love with Tommy during his strong silent phase, am supporting him during the Forrest Gump episode (desperately hoping for a reprieve)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement