Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

Mr Jinx wrote: »
    what was the story with john boy on the tv monitor at the end ??
    Nidge rewound to look for "the Ghost" But saw John Boy comin back in that afternoon. Time stamp was 13:29 on the monitor...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Really great episode there tonight, kinda wondering why that wasn't the end of the series really... Nice to have another episode to look forward to too i guess...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

I can't see the show being as good without Gillen, so Im hoping he survives or it was a bad dream!!

delaad wrote: »
    It's excellent. It's a brilliant mixtiure of the nastiness of violence, the banality of the daily life of the criminal, and the ultimate deliverance of honour and justice amongst thieves.... hopefully in the final episode!

Excellent excellent show. Please RTE take a look at this gem and make more like it and forget the stupid reality shows ye are continuously throwing at us to keep your mates and relatives on the big f*ckin gravy train.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 gillen

Temaz wrote: »
    I can't see the show being as good without Gillen, so Im hoping he survives or it was a bad dream!!

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Or was it all a dream, will there be a Bobby Ewing scene next week with John Boy in the shower ???
    A superb episode tonight, Nidge was brilliant. He has the suitcase money in his safe, the stash from under the deck, John Boy and Fran out of the picture....what will happen next week. Can't wait !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Einstein wrote: »
    Thoroughly enjoyed this season, and what a twist tonight! The creators really took the public's opinion on board this time round. Anyone hear if a third season has been commissioned? I can't imagine it not happening, RTE must be lapping up these viewing figures!

According to this weeks tv now the 3rd series is not commissioned yet.

As regards is it ant way possible that Darren killing him was faked?? I know its not possible but? Johnboy said you the only one I can trust, or maybe the lingering look Darren and John boy shared was more about "EH Tu Brutus"
    I cant see how faking his death would work.....

I did think footage on camera was that from before he got to Debby. My first thought was that Nidge wiping proof of him being there. And that seeing Johnboy was unsettling for him.

really Darren killing John boy was his only real way out I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭michaelduignan

interviews on 2fm now with the writers!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Bit strange alright that it wasn't the final episode.
    Could we be wrong and
    JB isn't really dead?That maybe it was only a set up for JB to find out who his real enemies were? ie: Nidge watch out,your days are numbered.Surely the writers wouldn't write out their main character?
    Wasn't it the last episode of series 1 that we thought Darren was dead.
    And he rose again,didn't he?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭xflyer

No, no, Nidge has come good in this series. We never saw it coming, he offed John boy. Nidge is the star of this series. Looking back it was obvious. He got Darren to kill John boy. Now in series three we'll have Nidge as the Don.

This series is brilliant, the Sopranos of Ireland. As good as anything we see from the the Brits or the Yanks.

I went for an audition in the original series, despite being a Dub all my life. I failed the accent test. My biggest regret.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

interviews on 2fm now with the writers!

EDIT -

Misread your post as interviews tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

you gotta give gillen one thing.

every scene he's in youve no idea if he's not going to kill someone.

:)

never felt this uncomfortable with a character outside of a horror film (and thats a good thing :) )

bloke will be missed.

my feeling is that bit at the end is just nidge looking at the footage right up to when johnboy comes home to either ensure its the right disc and nick it, or wipe it so the cops dont see himself coming in later

OR.

IF ya want to go the twist route it could be an intimation johnboys set the whole thing up and has faked his death to do a runner with what gosh he has left to escape all his deals thatve gone tits up and CAB. making the money nidge got under the decking his payoff to keep stumm.

but thats really stretching it so the bloke can come back in some later series.

my money is more on the straight forward whacking by nidge so he can run the gangs activities like a business again.

Lapin wrote: »
    What programme? Time?

2fm right now. its a recording from 2xfm or something. john boy is dead alright..aiden gillen wasnt around for series 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

In fairness to RTE, every now and then, it produces a series in tune with the times. Recently these might have been Bachelor's Walk, Paths to Freedom and now Love/Hate. Let's enjoy them when they happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

xflyer wrote: »
    No, no, Nidge has come good in this series.

"I'll be grand once your tits are back to normal."

msthe80s wrote: »
    Bit strange alright that it wasn't the final episode.
    Could we be wrong and
    JB isn't really dead?That maybe it was only a set up for JB to find out who his real enemies were? ie: Nidge watch out,your days are numbered.Surely the writers wouldn't write out their main character?
    Wasn't it the last episode of series 1 that we thought Darren was dead.
    And he rose again,didn't he?

Darren got shot in the chest which is serious but John Boy got shot in the face....or did he??? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

But nidge was texting someone before Darren came in. It looked like he was texting Darren to tell him John Boy was at the bar cause Darren knew excatly where to go. I'd say he's dead, sure didnt he shoot him in the cheek?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

2fm right now. its a recording from 2xfm or something. john boy is dead alright..aiden gillen wasnt around for series 3.
    do tell...

• Registered Users Posts: 86,382 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Johnboy really dead :eek:

Kiera wrote: »
    But nidge was texting someone before Darren came in. It looked like he was texting Darren to tell him John Boy was at the bar cause Darren knew excatly where to go. I'd say he's dead, sure didnt he shoot him in the cheek?

shot him again then though didnt he, to finish him off ?

then we got a shot from johnboys POV of midge taking his keys.

that seems pretty conclusive to me, but there IS precedent of people surving mad wounds they shouldnt in real life so who know !

that said i didnt cop nidge texting daren, i just thought it was darren texting him to say the hit was about to happen, so good catch there as it makes sense.

one things for sure.

johnboy KNEW it was darren as he got a good look so if he's not shuffled off this mortal coil there'll be trouble there !

• Advertisement

Kiera wrote: »

Getting shot in the cheek might not be fatal though.

Einstein wrote: »
    do tell...

Just listening to the writers on the radio saying they could only get gillen for these two series..he is busy with other projects now i think they said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Lapin wrote: »
    Getting shot in the cheek might not be fatal though.

True but didnt he shoot him again when he hit the deck?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

you gotta give gillen one thing.

every scene he's in youve no idea if he's not going to kill someone.

never felt this uncomfortable with a character outside of a horror film (and thats a good thing :) )

Agree 100%- some scary sh!t went on alright.
    Can't really see Nidge being as crafty as JohnBoy-having said that,you gotta love Nidge, warts and all.

(:D)

Just listening to the writers on the radio saying they could only get gillen for these two series..he is busy with other projects now i think they said.

cant say im surprised.

the bloke should get an award for this.

it really was one hell of a preformance. you practically see the bloke self distructing over the episodes.

its up there with the best stuff ive seen in the cinema TBH and part of the reason i got dragged into this.

this stuff really aint my genre but its been enthralling.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

Is there any chance the last job John boy gave Darren was to kill him? I just don't get how nidge arranged it! looks like John boy and Darren were on the same page

Can't really see Nidge being as crafty as JohnBoy-having said that,you gotta love Nidge, warts and all.

:D:D:D:D Brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

Temaz wrote: »

agreed , while nidge is a crafty little divil , he just doesnt have the charisma required for a mob boss

at least in tv land

shot him again then though didnt he, to finish him off ?

then we got a shot from johnboys POV of midge taking his keys.

that seems pretty conclusive to me, but there IS precedent of people surving mad wounds they shouldnt in real life so who know !

Yep - And remember Johnboy owns a bullet proof vest. He had it on in an earlier episode.
    Also, surviving such a close range gun attack would mirror the scene in the Godfather when Brando gets gunned down at the fruit stall.

• Advertisement

i woulda sworn blind he was gonna bottle his business suited mate when he refused to buy the mini back off CAB for him.

tension in that scene was palpable.

looking back now i suppose its meant to be seen in context with what fran did to his mate . theres a parallel there anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement