Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

jos28 wrote: »
    Or was it all a dream, will there be a Bobby Ewing scene next week with John Boy in the shower ???
    A superb episode tonight, Nidge was brilliant. He has the suitcase money in his safe, the stash from under the deck, John Boy and Fran out of the picture....what will happen next week. Can't wait !

first thing i see happening is nidge employing a nanny , his mrs looks sick of nursing that new bambino already and nidge cant get a wink of kip

smilerxxx wrote: »
    Is there any chance the last job John boy gave Darren was to kill him? I just don't get how nidge arranged it! looks like John boy and Darren were on the same page

I notice even from the ad that Darren was sort of smirking while John Boy said "He was the only one he trusted". he hated John Boy and especially since Hughie killed his brother.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Kiera wrote: »
    True but didnt he shoot him again when he hit the deck?
    And he fired again then???

Where though ? Head or chest ?

Remember, he wears a bullet proof vest.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

I notice even from the ad that Darren was sort of smirking while John Boy said "He was the only one he trusted". he hated John Boy and especially since Hughie killed his brother.

Ya your right, I think I'm having a slow day :-) I never expect to have to pay attention to RTE :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Anchises

Was it my imagination - did Darren's beard dissappear in the scene with the girlfriend in the apartment ?

Continuity error ?

A

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Lapin wrote: »
    Where though ? Head or chest ?

Remember, he wears a bullet proof vest.

He was shot in a pub full of people. Its not like he can sneak off into the sunset.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Is there any chance the last job John boy gave Darren was to kill him? I just don't get how nidge arranged it! looks like John boy and Darren were on the same page

Has been going around in my head too.... but i also agree with poster who said that darren hated JB

i woulda sworn blind he was gonna bottle his business suited mate when he refused to buy the mini back off CAB for him.
    tension in that scene was palpable.

I agree thought yer man would pee himself!!

All in all a bloody good show

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Not Now John

Great episode , Great series.

but... If a crime boss was knocked off in a pub, wouldn't the gardai be all over their flat/house that night? Nobody was around when Nidge got there.

The CCTV thing... that's been going on the whole series. In most episodes JB has been staring at it, and one time with Nidge too. Something about a ghost being on it, Hughie perhaps.

Hughie was the best thing about seriew one, it's a pity they wrote him out of it, as he would have even improved along with the rest of the cast. Although the story would have been a lot different with that psycho around.

If we're into conspiracy theories..
    anyone reckon JB actually asked Darren to shoot him as his life was generally spiraling out of control and his daughter was now known about by potential enemies?

I liked Debbie, I didn't initially but I think she did a good job at the end. Gillen just oozed a sinister vibe. Excellent job

Great episode , Great series.

but... If a crime boss was knocked off in a pub, wouldn't the gardai be all over their flat/house that night? Nobody was around when Nidge got there.

The CCTV thing... that's been going on the whole series. In most episodes JB has been staring at it, and one time with Nidge too. Something about a ghost being on it, Hughie perhaps.

Hughie was the best thing about seriew one, it's a pity they wrote him out of it, as he would have even improved along with the rest of the cast. Although the story would have been a lot different with that psycho around.

If we're into conspiracy theories..
    anyone reckon JB actually asked Darren to shoot him as his life was generally spiraling out of control and his daughter was now known about by potential enemies?

I've been thinking the very same regarding conspiracy but I seem to be wide off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

They just confirmed it on the radio.
    He's a goner,alright.Funeral next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Anchises wrote: »
    Was it my imagination - did Darren's beard dissappear in the scene with the girlfriend in the apartment ?

Continuity error ?

A
    Yea, I noticed that too. Slap on the wrist for the continuity department

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Absolutely no way John Boy asked Darren to kill him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭CR 7

There was something odd about the way he just stood there, almost as if he was expecting it. You'd think he'd react like Aido.

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Absolutely no way John Boy asked Darren to kill him.

Yeah, I seem to be the only one who thought that, epic fail

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

irishh_bob wrote: »
    first thing i see happening is nidge employing a nanny , his mrs looks sick of nursing that new bambino already and nidge cant get a wink of kip

Ah he'll be grand when her tits get back to normal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

just listening to the writers on 2fm.

they asked gillen if he'd be up for a third season and it sounds like he'd be up for it if he can as he really liked how the show turned out. so while i doubt we'll see him in a third season we could see him coming back down the line if they take the o'l Twist route !

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Yea, I noticed that too. Slap on the wrist for the continuity department
    Was listening to Mailbag/Today FM/Ray D'arcy on Thursday and 3 people had noticed different obvious mistakes with editing and won bobbleheaded Rays:eek: for their observation skills.Give it a shot,folks.

Continuity error ?

A

I noticed his beard going and coming back between scenes in episode 3 I think it was.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Ah he'll be grand when her tits get back to normal :D

And his todger :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Yeah, I seem to be the only one who thought that, epic fail

I thought the same too:D

I agree with

Park Ji Sung There was something odd about the way he just stood there, almost as if he was expecting it. You'd think he'd react like Aido.

Lisha wrote: »
    I thought the same too:D

I agree with

Park Ji Sung There was something odd about the way he just stood there, almost as if he was expecting it. You'd think he'd react like Aido.

we have one more episode yet! Maybe it'll be clearer.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Not Now John

Also JB usually tends to make sure he isn't around when there's a hit.

irishh_bob wrote: »
    for once i was cheering on john boy , nothing worse than a dirty cop , deserve everything thats coming to them

I think John Boy had something on the cop. He made a comment that the money he paid him "should keep him in rent boys for a while" so he was probably blackmailing him and you could see the cop hated it and was in over his head

Also JB usually tends to make sure he isn't around when there's a hit.

He was there so they could pretend it was a hit that Fran organised.

Continuity error ?

A

Everything in life is fast with our Darren. Shootings are fast with little fuss. Sex is fast and now beards grow fast :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

just listening to the writers on 2fm.

they asked gillen if he'd be up for a third season and it sounds like he'd be up for it if he can as he really liked how the show turned out. so while i doubt we'll see him in a third season we could see him coming back down the line if they take the o'l Twist route !

:)

Flashbacks might work either. I really hope they don't resurrect the character. I think the ending of Series 1 worked well because you didn't know there'd be a Series 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

cant say im surprised.

the bloke should get an award for this.

it really was one hell of a preformance. you practically see the bloke self distructing over the episodes.

its up there with the best stuff ive seen in the cinema TBH and part of the reason i got dragged into this.

this stuff really aint my genre but its been enthralling.

I think John boy was the least convincing gangster ever and probably the worst character in the whole series :confused:

Oh and Fran too, terrible acting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

That's what they were talking about in the woods, he arranged it then and that's what Darren had to think about.

• Advertisement

ThisRegard wrote: »
    That's what they were talking about in the woods, he arranged it then and that's what Darren had to think about.

Right I'm back on track now! Long day :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement