Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

good shout there....Aido'll not be happy though. He's delighted that Nadine is up the duff. He'll probably batter Nadine..

Once Nadine has to do the runs he doesn't care about the baby. It's heavily hinted at in the scene between them when he goes to ask her to do the flight. Hinted at her getting an abortion while she's over. Well written piece actually.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

K-9 wrote: »
    The other fella was in 6degrees, a college drama made by BBC N.I. Plays a bit of a sleazy character which I can't remember the name of.

Are you thinking of the guy who played McCann?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Would Patrick even go to Fran?

Probably not unless he wants a bullet in the head too for not telling him earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Once Nadine has to do the runs he doesn't care about the baby. It's heavily hinted at in the scene between them when he goes to ask her to do the flight. Hinted at her getting an abortion while she's over. Well written piece actually.

I missed that, must rewind and have a look

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

I put a tenner on a spin off series about Debbie living with monks in Thailand, off the gear and solving cold case murders with the help of a retired taxidermist whose methods, while unorthodox and often involving brothels, get results.

I won't be seeing that tenner again

• Advertisement

kfallon wrote: »
    One thing about tonight, how did the cops know for sure it was Nidge who did Tommy in?

They probably track the movements of the gang whenever and had a hunch something went down. The fact Nidge spontaneously hammered him and gave a rushed and shít story as to how it happened would suggest that all wasnt right.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Jamesie, paddys friend has a very posh accent

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Flying Spaghetti Monster

Blay wrote: »
    Would Patrick even go to Fran?

Probably not unless he wants a bullet in the head too for not telling him earlier.
    Maybe Patrick didn't actually know that his pipebomb was used on Fran's house. But with Nidge being paranoid and attempting to assasinate him, he'll put 2 and 2 together and go to Fran about it. I genuinely think he wasn't interested in what his bombs are used for but now that his life is in danger he'll say it to Fran for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,898 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Nearly too much tension tonight.

Other series had light relief between big moments.

Almost too much to take. Maybe too heavily end loaded this year. Or could have made it 8 part.

Amazing we lost a character from maybe series 1 ? Debbie. It was almost an aside.

I put a tenner on a spin off series about Debbie living with monks in Thailand, off the gear and solving cold case murders with the help of a retired taxidermist whose methods, while unorthodox and often involving brothels, get results.

I won't be seeing that tenner again

You should have put your tenner on seeing her in Hollyoaks
    http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/around-town/lovehate-star-susan-excited-as-shes-back-for-more-hollyoaks-29488628.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

kfallon wrote: »
    One thing about tonight, how did the cops know for sure it was Nidge who did Tommy in?

Probably a bit of what Siobhan said mixed in with keeping an eye on the gang and the goings on between 'em all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

They probably track the movements of the gang whenever and had a hunch something went down. The fact Nidge spontaneously hammered him and gave a rushed and shít story as to how it happened would suggest that all wasnt right.

or else there's a massive hole in the plot and their scriptwriting just like there is with a whole bunch of other stuff in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

The Keith Duffy cameo was bizarre!

The other fella was in 6degrees, a college drama made by BBC N.I. Plays a bit of a sleazy character which I can't remember the name of.

If it is the guy McCann you're thinking of, Peter Campion the actor actually played a character called Stephen Stumpy Doyle in L/H series 1 & 2.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Howaya buddies! Any gear wha?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Well it's all been too handy for the cops so far and it's not going to be that easy in the end I'd say? Nidge arranging the second car in the ally suggests he either knows the Lexis is bugged or suspects it is and he might yet be leading the cops the merry go round act?

Notice how the real cop used the term Gardai when he approached the Dentist as opposed to police as had been used a lot up to this....

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Aido:
    'Ye don't want to be having the nipper inside, it's all down hill after that'
    Funny

about Nadine and the abortion, if she does have one aido will be gutted.
    (I reckon she will and say she lost it by m/c)
    I don't think she really wants the baby though. Nadine does a great disgusted face.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭LashingLady

Have a look at the pics Susan Loughnane (aka Debbie) tweeted during the show!

http://t.co/OOnQ3EWjVc

Are you thinking of the guy who played McCann?

That's him, looked while like him.
    jos28 wrote: »
    I missed that, must rewind and have a look

Don't have Sky+.

I think the way he on about the bump at the start of the episode and chuffed when he found out in the previous episodes, plays into his character. He's a junkie above everything, shagged Debbie and got his fix and then the scene with the urine sample and the methadone clinic.

It's the way he refers to the baby in the scene that's so incongruous with his previous behaviour. Once the drugs are threatened, everything else is unimportant.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

FearDark wrote: »
    Howaya buddies! Any gear wha?

i work in gym. iE an exercise and fitness centre as opposed to an shortened version of the name James.

• Advertisement

Well it's all too hand for the cops so far and it's not going to be that easy in the end I'd say? Nidge arranging the second car in the ally suggests he either knows the Lexis is bugged or suspects it is and he might yet be leading the cops the merry go round act?

I really think that nidge is clueless about cop bugs and so on.
    Car swap is just routine procedure for dodgy jobs he does not want to be linked to.

Lisha wrote: »
    Jamesie, paddys friend has a very posh accent

With the curly hair i thought Stumpy was back from the dead for a second.

Eugh, I hated stumpy a horrible yoke he was

• Registered Users Posts: 20,898 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Wrong too. You cant bring real life into our Love/Hate.

That has been such a strength of the series you learn the characters.
    Bringing Boyzone into it (in Dublin). Major error.

He is a nice bloke. Beefed up for role aka De nero

or else there's a massive hole in the plot and their scriptwriting just like there is with a whole bunch of other stuff in it

I think their scriptwriting is pretty good to be honest. They only have 6 episodes unlike that TV utopia which is The Wire which had 13 if it so wished.

Yes there is gaps to be filled in but its pretty easy to imagine a scenario where the cops mightnt actually buy Nidges bullsh*t in the same way they buy into the fact that he is a criminal.

I'd love to compile a list of every character who has died since the beginning of S1. It would be a long list

With the curly hair i thought Stumpy was back from the dead for a second.

He reminded me of JP the garage owners son

Well it's all been too handy for the cops so far and it's not going to be that easy in the end I'd say? Nidge arranging the second car in the ally suggests he either knows the Lexis is bugged or suspects it is and he might yet be leading the cops the merry go round act?

Notice how the real cop used the term Gardai when he approached the Dentist as opposed to police as had been used a lot up to this....

I've a notion the drugs are already in with the first shipment, Fran and Nidge are in on it, seems a bit contrived with all the talk about the next shipment, but this is a TV drama series after all. Nobody else would know, the dentist in particular. Goes back to the scene where the guards put in the surveillance equipment, it's just too convenient.

Nidges paranoia is a bit too over played for me in this series, but the above would make sense and explain the paranoia.

Not sure if this dentist guy will break or if he will be loyal to Nidge.

Do you really think the Dentist would fancy prison? He'll rat like he never ratted before.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Do you really think the Dentist would fancy prison?

I'd say he'd want to bring the lido with him.

I can see Patrick skipping it off to England. Nidge and Franno are two big for one of them to be killed off next Sunday, I think...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement