Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Evelyn Cusack

I'm not happy with this season, I'm enjoying it but I think there is going to have to be too much cramped into the last episode.

OR, even worse, the whole season is just going to be used to frame season 6, Fran going after Nidge, which is a bit unrewarding.

let's face it, there is no other character with enough backstory to carry the series so it's still all gonna be about nidge.

When is season 5 due?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭dirtyden

kfallon wrote: »
    One thing about tonight, how did the cops know for sure it was Nidge who did Tommy in?

Id imagine it suited them to have Siobhan thinking that. It helps them get her onside. They probably don't know but him suggesting to Siobhan that they do means Siobhan fears that Tommy is in danger from both Fran and Nidge and can only turn to the gaurds.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Flying Spaghetti Monster

jos28 wrote: »
    I'd love to compile a list of every character who has died since the beginning of S1. It would be a long list
    Robbie
    Jimmy Byrne
    Marty
    Hughie
    Stumpy
    Derek (kneecapped, not sure if dead)
    Mikka (joyrider)
    Linda
    John Boy
    Luke
    Git
    Ray
    Paddy
    Elmo's cousin and girlfriend
    Darren
    Dano
    Debby
    Denise

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Lisha wrote: »
    Aido:
    'Ye don't want to be having the nipper inside, it's all down hill after that'
    Funny

It leaves it open, the writers do that well. It's such an odd line, obviously she doesn't want to get caught. If she's caught well she'll have the nipper inside a prison, she's now the girl who'll be he doing the runs, that was a big concern of Nidge when he found Debbie dead.

Aido is well aware of the risk, hence the dildo line :D. For me, she's away for dual purposes.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

My god... I cannot WAIT for next Sunday already. Going to be tearing my hair out until then (and with the way mine is receding of late, I can ill-afford that!).

• Advertisement

Lisha wrote: »
    He reminded me of JP the garage owners son

I notice between Debbie, JP and Andrew the good dentist that the writers seem to love showing how the people from D4 gets caught up in 'the other hidden world of Dublin'.

JP was the only one of the D4s featured throughout that i had any form of sympathy for.

Without doing much he was way in over his head. What really gripped me with that show was the way that even the most normal of society could meet up with the likes of Hughie and even a simple thing like a polite refusal to let him drive your fathers beloved classic car could end up in a bloodbath such was the pyschopath Hughie was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Robbie
    Jimmy Byrne
    Marty
    Hughie
    Stumpy
    Mikka (joyrider)
    John Boy
    Luke
    Git
    Ray
    Paddy
    Darren
    Dano
    Debby
    Denise

Jaysus, that list is NOT as long as I was expecting! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Birdie Num Num

Wrong too. You cant bring real life into our Love/Hate.

That has been such a strength of the series you learn the characters.
    Bringing Boyzone into it (in Dublin). Major error.

He is a nice bloke. Beefed up for role aka De nero

I reckon Mickey Graham murders a little ole wine drinker me next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Robbie
    Jimmy Byrne
    Marty
    Hughie
    Stumpy
    Mikka (joyrider)
    John Boy
    Luke
    Git
    Ray
    Paddy
    Darren
    Dano
    Debby
    Denise

Well done ! Top of the class :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

I think their scriptwriting is pretty good to be honest. They only have 6 episodes unlike that TV utopia which is The Wire which had 13 if it so wished.

Yes there is gaps to be filled in but its pretty easy to imagine a scenario where the cops mightnt actually buy Nidges bullsh*t in the same way they buy into the fact that he is a criminal.

i agree, it's good but it's not great, at all. I do think there's better scriptwriters on this! some of the plot paths I've read on this are far better than what's happened.

to be honest, I've lost a fair amount of respect for the plausibility of the whole thing since a supposed top Dublin crime lord starts using a 16 year old skanger e-boy as his right hand man when a week earlier said e-boy was running about with an uzi in the back pocket of his x-worx jeans looking to shoot his new best bud and mentor. just cos he didn't tell the guards, lets be best buds now. it's just stupid. that's what a script writer came up with. love hate is ok, but that's all, it's just the best we've had on Irish television in years (ever?)...I think that speaks volumes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Love the show don't get me wrong but anyone else feel like Eastern Europeans are being portrayed in a fairly poor light. They're either drug addicts/prostitutes or security men for drug gangs? I mean a little balance would be nice in that respect is all i'm saying. Remembering reading in Irish Times Culture magazine of about Eastern European actors/actresses saying that they find it hard to get roles that aren't as drug dealers or prostitutes.
    Can't believe Debbie went so fast wasn't expecting that. Nidge showing his ruthless side for sure there. Some interesting parent skills by the bomb maker!:pac: Really want to slap the dentist he always looks a bit daft and lost like he's only half there!

Yknow all the characters are involved in the crime underworld right?

Robbie
    Jimmy Byrne
    Marty
    Hughie
    Stumpy
    Mikka (joyrider)
    John Boy
    Luke
    Git
    Ray
    Paddy
    Darren
    Dano
    Debby
    Denise

Aido the budgie (Froze to death)
    Jess the estate cat (ak47 attack)
    Gits prize pigeons (choked by Dano)
    Frans dog Tyson (beaten to death by Darren
    Linda mark 1 (topped herself)
    Noelies ma

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Noelies ma

Don't forget the swans !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Fran, Nidge, Tommy, the Guards, the Dentist, Siobhan, the Travellers.....its a Hitlist selection box.

could go either way! 6 episodes is just too short. Stuart Carolan needs more time.

I think that line-up reads Nidge v The Rest.

He's some man for one man if he comes out of that,.....winning!

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭babygirlz

Noelies ma

I thought the cat was Clio:D

How do I see what is behind the spoilers, all I see is grey bars :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭small town girl

Noelies ma

Swan (killed by Luke) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Flying Spaghetti Monster

Noelies ma

Don't forget Luke's swan and Aido's goldfish! I forgot Linda Mark 1 haha thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭small town girl

Mrs Delaney too (Nidges mam)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

babygirlz wrote: »
    I thought the cat was Clio:D

How do I see what is behind the spoilers, all I see is grey bars :confused:

Just tap the black lines

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Noelies ma

And Nidge's ma

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

s*it just got real! season finale is going to be huge now, about 6 different sub plots brewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

i agree, it's good but it's not great, at all. I do think there's better scriptwriters on this! some of the plot paths I've read on this are far better than what's happened.

to be honest, I've lost a fair amount of respect for the plausibility of the whole thing since a supposed top Dublin crime lord starts using a 16 year old skanger e-boy as his right hand man when a week earlier said e-boy was running about with an uzi in the back pocket of his x-worx jeans looking to shoot his new best bud and mentor. just cos he didn't tell the guards, lets be best buds now. it's just stupid. that's what a script writer came up with. love hate is ok, but that's all, it's just the best we've had on Irish television in years (ever?)...I think that speaks volumes

Nidge recognises what the 16 year old is like. He knows he wont rat, the test was outside when he was having a smoke, he asked him if he'd take his pal along, he didn't, that showed smartness. Then he saves Nidges life.

Did Nidge drop the gun at the scene?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

deise08 wrote: »
    Just tap the black lines

Thanks, I am on iPad and that doesn't seem to work for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Am I the only one who was singing "Where do you go to you're ugly" by Dustin?

Me ' n'all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭stickybookmark

Am I the only one that didn't understand the bit where Nidge refused to call d guards re the 2 dead hookers....
    They died in yer one's gaff not on brothel premisis right?
    If he knows their bodies will be discovered eventually by d neighbours why was it better for Nidge to wait for that to happen of its own accord than place an anonymous call 2 d guards now?
    Didn't get that bit...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

And Nidge's ma

Fran Deja vu scene?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,898 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

s*it just got real! season finale is going to be huge now, about 6 different sub plots brewing.

I love the writing. But is there almost too much.

Is this where a writer who is a great writer meets a deadline.

K-9 wrote: »

I think Patrick kicked it out of his hand.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

K-9 wrote: »
    Nidge recognises what the 16 year old is like. He knows he wont rat, the test was outside when he was having a smoke, he asked him if he'd take his pal along, he didn't, that showed smartness. Then he saves Nidges life.

yeah he would've definitely have teamed up with the kid in the first place...it's daft

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,898 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Am I the only one that didn't understand the bit where Nidge refused to call d guards re the 2 dead hookers....
    They died in yer one's gaff not on brothel premisis right?
    If he knows their bodies will be discovered eventually by d neighbours why was it better for Nidge to wait for that to happen of its own accord than place an anonymous call 2 d guards now?
    Didn't get that bit...

It was to show the callousness of a criminal.

They don't always have the values we have. They can almost detest their subjects. That was shown in other scenes with Debbie.

They are above the dirty drugies and hookers they employ.

They even create a middle class life away from it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement