Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Sandwlch

The Keith Duffy cameo was bizarre!

Howaya drugies ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

K-9 wrote: »
    Once Nadine has to do the runs he doesn't care about the baby. It's heavily hinted at in the scene between them when he goes to ask her to do the flight. Hinted at her getting an abortion while she's over. Well written piece actually.

who hints? aido to nadine? or its hinted that she will get an abortion over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

babygirlz wrote: »
    I think Patrick kicked it out of his hand.

Yeah, I only noticed him picking up the pipe, not the gun.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

lufties wrote: »
    who hints? aido to nadine? or its hinted that she will get an abortion over there.

The throwaway line from aido to nadine.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭small town girl

Rosie's miscarried baby could be added to list of deaths since start?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Robbie
    Jimmy Byrne
    Marty
    Hughie
    Stumpy
    Derek (kneecapped, not sure if dead)
    Mikka (joyrider)
    Linda
    John Boy
    Luke
    Git
    Ray
    Paddy
    Elmo's cousin and girlfriend
    Darren
    Dano
    Debby
    Denise

who clipped jimmy byrne?

yeah he would've definitely have teamed up with the kid in the first place...it's daft

He is running out of allies. Darren is dead, Aido is a waster, Elmo is a possible rat and a waster, Tommy was a waster before he became a vegetated flasher, He doesnt trust Fran and suddenly this kid shows him loyalty when it was in his best interests probably to grass them all up so with Patrick being practically a sitting duck in his shed of course he is going to fancy his chances of getting the job done even with a kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

K-9 wrote: »
    Yeah, I only noticed him picking up the pipe, not the gun.

Sure didn't Nidge fire the gun as the pipe bomb builder legged it but missed him?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

This series is a bit of a mess to be honest, still enjoyable though

So many angles going on, 6 episodes just isn't enough to give everything enough time.

Cops, Nidge/Fran, Dentist, Aido/Nadine, Tommy/Siobhan, Hookers......

That's a lot going on, would of been better to focus on less and put more time in imo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

He is running out of allies. Darren is dead, Aido is a waster, Elmo is a possible rat and a waster, Tommy was a waster before he became a vegetated flasher, He doesnt trust Fran and suddenly this kid shows him loyalty when it was in his best interests probably to grass them all up so with Patrick being practically a sitting duck in his shed of course he is going to fancy his chances of getting the job done even with a kid.

But what was Nidge at? was he training the young lad? Remember, the young lad stood to one side with the pipe, it was Nidge who had the gun. How come the young lad didn't take him out earlier when he done the recon?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Flying Spaghetti Monster

lufties wrote: »
    who clipped jimmy byrne?

Hughie and Marty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

But what was Nidge at? was he training the young lad? Remember, the young lad stood to one side with the pipe, it was Nidge who had the gun. How come the young lad didn't take him out earlier when he done the recon?

Have to agree here, so Nidge can't afford two guns? He is apparently the leader of a top criminal gang and gives his accomplice a pipe for a hit?

Fairly amateur-ish and takes a way a little from the authenticity of the show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Just for a pointless and stupid comparison, here's a spoilered list of all those who died (clipped or otherwise) in The Sopranos :D
    Season 1:
    Emil Kolar
    Hector Anthony
    Brendan Filone
    Jackie Aprile Snr.
    Febby Petrulio
    Dominic
    Rusty Irish
    Gallegos
    Detective Vin Makazian
    Mariolina Capuano
    Donnie Paduana
    John Clayborn
    Jimmy Altieri
    Chucky Signore
    Mikey Palmice

Season 2:
    Patient of Jennifer Melfi
    Philly Parisi
    Freddie Capuano
    Reverend James Snr.
    Jimmy Bones
    Tom Giglione Snr.
    Waldemar Wyczchuk
    Sean Gismonte
    Matt Bevilaqua
    Richie Aprile
    Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Season 3:
    Livia Soprano
    Febby Viola
    Mustang Sally Intile
    Carlos
    Bobby Baccalieri Snr.
    Tracee
    Gigi Cestone
    Sunshine
    Carlo Renzi
    Dino Zerelli
    Jackie Aprile Jnr.

Season 4:
    Dennis Lynch
    Dennis Lynch's Partner
    Barry Haydu
    Karen Baccalieri
    Gloria Trillo
    Furio Giunta's father
    Ralph Cifaretto
    Minn Matrone
    Credenzo Curtis
    Stanley Johnson

Season 5:
    Raoul the waiter
    Joey Cogo
    Carmine Lupertazzi Snr.
    Jack Masserone
    Jason Evinina
    Lorraine Calluzo
    Aunt Concetta
    Vincent Petronella
    Mrs. Crilley
    Unknown young boy
    Uncle Zio
    Joey Peeps
    Heather
    Angelo Garepe
    Billy Leotardo
    Gilbert Nieves
    Adriana La Cerva
    Tony Blundetto

Season 6:
    Ray Curto
    Dick Barone
    Teddy Spirodakis
    Eugene Pontecorvo
    Building supervisor
    Colombian 1
    Colombian 2
    Aunt Dottie
    Eddie Pietro
    Rusty Millio
    Man in car accident
    Vito Spatafore
    Fat Dom Gamiello
    Rene LeCours
    Gerry Torciano
    Johnny Sack
    Doc Santoro
    Doc's Bodyguard
    Renata
    JT Dolan
    Chris Moltisanti
    Maria Gualtieri
    Burt Gervasi
    Yarnya's father
    Yarnya
    Bobby Baccalieri
    Phil Leotardo

possibly Tony Soprano

92 deaths in the series, 62 of them being murders

I have no life...

Possibly Wayne was receiving his induction. Probably only spying on him first to make sure he is there and then call back with Nidge. Nidge thought it would be a matter of slamming the doors open and clip clip bang bang paddy gone but Paddy took them both by surprise. Paddy is now a ticking bomb and will probably use any measures possible to protect himself.

This week was all about stripping Nidge bare whereas Fran was stripped last week so it sets the finale up nicely. Fran has to be wary of his own two henchmen whereas Nidge has loads of fractions within his own gang and a mounting police case which he is unaware of. Janet will probably now turn on him due to his treatment of the 2 prostitutes.

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Have to agree here, so Nidge can't afford two guns? He is apparently the leader of a top criminal gang and gives his accomplice a pipe for a hit?

Fairly amateur-ish and takes a way a little from the authenticity of the show

Underestimation of Paddy. They thought they had him cornered and Nidge even shouted in at him....they thought wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,178 ✭✭✭batistuta9

I remember watching janet in a joy riding film called accelerator

and carol from fair city :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Possibly Wayne was receiving his induction. Probably only spying on him first to make sure he is there and then call back with Nidge. Nidge thought it would be a matter of slamming the doors open and clip clip bang bang paddy gone but Paddy took them both by surprise. Paddy is now a ticking bomb and will probably use any measures possible to protect himself.

What was it about the first visit to Paddy that made him think he could just walk in?
    I think it badly done, this series is clearly just filling and freewheeling imo. As somebody said earlier, it's a bit of a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Hate the scummy way Nidge treats Trish. Wish she would just leave him. Looking forward to next week. Nidge has it coming from all angles. Hard to know what will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

This week was all about stripping Nidge bare whereas Fran was stripped last week so it sets the finale up nicely. Fran has to be wary of his own two henchmen whereas Nidge has loads of fractions within his own gang and a mounting police case which he is unaware of. Janet will probably now turn on him due to his treatment of the 2 prostitutes.

Janet was a cold hearted bitch to Debbie when she was alive. I can't really see her kissing goodbye to her business and, whatever personal thing she has going with Nidge, just out of some misplaced sense of remorse or guilt at how Debbie's death was dealt with. I thought that her sadness and the little sob story that she told Nidge (about her own sister dying) was very hypocritical., considering how nasty she was to Debbie when she was alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Will Fran get his new tooth in before the end of the series?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,178 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Happyman42 wrote: »
    What was it about the first visit to Paddy that made him think he could just walk in?
    I think it badly done, this series is clearly just filling and freewheeling imo. As somebody said earlier, it's a bit of a mess.

you'd expect to be let in, it looks bad standing on the street, Pa hardly want attention draw to it

but yeah after the seeing what happened to him the first time round there, the second time was a complete mess.
    wayne could've shot him on his own no bother but they must be looking for a way to get travellers after nidge or have Pa tell fran about his wife

Who's he, Elmo?

Detective Mick Moynihan. The actor was in several U.S series and movies. He was in Million Dollar Baby with Clint Eastwood as well as Oz and Intermission

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

she's the hottest yoke in it, especially now since that ginger junkies done herself in.
    would've handed a few bob over for her no bother. the mama san running the show in the knocking shop on the other hand that nidge is banging, not even with yours. rotten.

Nah, shur herself and nidges missus are the only females in it now, darrens sister was the hottest by a country mile

KKkitty wrote: »
    Hate the scummy way Nidge treats Trish. Wish she would just leave him. Looking forward to next week. Nidge has it coming from all angles. Hard to know what will happen.

Trish is a trampy fish wife herself. If he had no money she wouldnt look at him and is more than happy to spend the profits generated from the misery of others. Remember no money no honey for the Nidge Weasel ;)

Happyman42 wrote: »

It was never that great in your book though, so hardly shocking news.

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Janet was a cold hearted bitch to Debbie when she was alive. I can't really see her kissing goodbye to her business and, whatever personal thing she has going with Nidge, just out of some misplaced sense of remorse or guilt at how Debbie's death was dealt with. I thought that her sadness and the little sob story that she told Nidge (about her own sister dying) was very hypocritical., considering how nasty she was to Debbie when she was alive.

She wasnt too bad to Debbie now who used shoot up in the brothel let us not forget and even if she did hate her it doesnt mean she wouldnt be affected by her death and the cover up.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Ravanelli

This season has been disappointing so far. Last weeks episode was good, gave me some hope. This week was disappointing though. Too much going on and not a large enough time frame to fit it all in adequately. The botched hit tonight was a joke. The inclusion of the Gardai angle hasn't worked in my opinion. They could have went in a totally different direction. There never seems to be much of a focus on the earnings of the group. That's the whole point/lure of becoming involved in the drugs business. I thought Tony shaking Nidge down could have played a bigger part this season. It's all about the money at the end of the day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

reckon that dentist lad must've something up his sleeve, thought he was going to off himself in that scene where he was smoking a fag. then he handed that memory stick over.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Trish is a trampy fish wife herself. If he had no money she wouldnt look at him and is more than happy to spend the profits generated from the misery of others. Remember no money no honey for the Nidge Weasel ;)

Think she really cares for him though. He's the father of her kids too. Think Nidge is falling for Janet though. Would love if Fran found out about Nidge's involvement in Linda's death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,898 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

reckon that dentist lad must've something up his sleeve, thought he was going to off himself in that scene where he was smoking a fag. then he handed that memory stick over.

I think the dentist fancies himself against the cops - strange twist, but I think he wants to pack in being a dentist.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement