Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭jonsnow

I really enjoyed the show tonight. I thought that John Connors did excellent work as patrick and I really liked that scene where he is talking to his mate about his fears re nidge. I think the fact that this character is a callback from 2 series ago where he only said a few lines is a great example of the word building and discipline that stuart carolan displays. I mean he obviously cast this character back then with future possibilities in mind.The scene is excellent as it also showcases how nidge is blinded so much by his paranoia that he isn't thinking straight. As I said to my mate who was watching it with and as Patrick said I mean he made the bomb that maimed linda ffs so he had no more reason to tell fran than nidge (although he certainly does now).

Nidges attempt on Patrick was one of the most inept in gangland history.talk about tipping off the target and going in halfcocked. Great scene though and I think it displays how incompetent that most of these criminals (and nidge is one of the smarter and more effective operators) are.

Im glad that mopey constipated squirrel faced debbie (whose whingy tendencies were hilariously lampshaded in the episode by the madam is gone) although I really didn't understand nidges logic.Why piss off your madam and leave the two women to rot when the whole thing is going to come out eventually anyway.I know it was supposed to showcase his heartlessness and maybe he has so much going on that he just didnt want to deal with it at that time but it didn't really ring true for me.

I thought that keith Duffy was fine. He was well cast as one of those over friendly oversharing gym instructor types who you secretly feel is actually a bit of a scumbag.

It feels like the cop story is going to run into the next season as it doesn't feel like they will wrap up the undercover surveillance by next week.I hope that they run with the patrick nidge feud and he doesnt just tell fran before legging it to england.

overall very solid roll on next week

Cant understand how people think the botched hit was such a surprise. Here is news for you. Drugs gangs dont always get things right. They sometimes underestimate people and make a bollocks of things. However its probably just the usual tribe of begrudgers tuning in every week with their opinions but the truth is they just criticise it for one reason only...its Irish and successful. We cant have that now can we :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Cant understand how people think the botched hit was such a surprise. Here is news for you. Drugs gangs dont always get things right. They sometimes underestimate people and make a bollocks of things. However its probably just the usual tribe of begrudgers tuning in every week with their opinions but the truth is they just criticise it for one reason only...its Irish and successful. We cant have that now can we :rolleyes:

That is complete and utter rubbish.

You are making an ton of assumptions without any single ounce of justification, the scene was poorly written, in my opinion and evidently other peoples opinion too.

I still really enjoy the show. Just because people don;t share your view doesn't mean they are begrudgers out to mock the show for no reason.

jonsnow wrote: »
    I really enjoyed the show tonight. I thought that John Connors did excellent work as patrick and I really liked that scene where he is talking to his mate about his fears re nidge. I think the fact that this character is a callback from 2 series ago where he only said a few lines is a great example of the word building and discipline that stuart carolan displays. I mean he obviously cast this character back then with future possibilities in mind.The scene is excellent as it also showcases how nidge is blinded so much by his paranoia that he isn't thinking straight. As I said to my mate who was watching it with and as Patrick said I mean he made the bomb that maimed linda ffs so he had no more reason to tell fran than nidge (although he certainly does now).

Nidges attempt on Patrick was one of the most inept in gangland history.talk about tipping off the target and going in halfcocked. Great scene though and I think it displays how incompetent that most of these criminals (and nidge is one of the smarter and more effective operators) are.

Im glad that mopey constipated squirrel faced debbie (whose whingy tendencies were hilariously lampshaded in the episode by the madam is gone) although I really didn't understand nidges logic.Why piss off your madam and leave the two women to rot when the whole thing is going to come out eventually anyway.I know it was supposed to showcase his heartlessness and maybe he has so much going on that he just didnt want to deal with it at that time but it didn't really ring true for me.

I thought that keith Duffy was fine. He was well cast as one of those over friendly oversharing gym instructor types who you secretly feel is actually a bit of a scumbag.

It feels like the cop story is going to run into the next season as it doesn't feel like they will wrap up the undercover surveillance by next week.I hope that they run with the patrick nidge feud and he doesnt just tell fran before legging it to england.

overall very solid roll on next week

fair play. You seem to actually put your brain in gear and actually get the show. I agree too with that bit you mentioned that I highlighted. Such a fairly menial character that we thought nothing of and all of a sudden he is right in the thick of it. Very good writing. Wont hear the begrudgers say that though rest assure

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭jonsnow

ps does anyone else find it hilarious the way irish tv gangsters say that they are going to "clip" someone like they are auditioning for the sopranos. Maybe dublin gangsters do now say this but it always feels out of place to me.

• Advertisement

The actor who played Paddy was brilliant btw, pity he hasn't had a bigger role thus far.

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    That is complete and utter rubbish.

You are making an ton of assumptions without any single ounce of justification, the scene was poorly written, in my opinion and evidently other peoples opinion too.

I still really enjoy the show. Just because people don;t share your view doesn't mean they are begrudgers out to mock the show for no reason.

Nope its the same bull from the so called experts every week who cant actually use their loaf and try and figure things out. Poorly written me hole its very well written consider he has a low budget and only 6 episodes long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Or maybe it was just a badly written scene in a series that is going nowhere slowly? As I said, 'treading water' and I am not the only one noticing it.

Brendan O'Carroll is Irish and successful too, is he above criticism too?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,178 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Nope its the same bull from the so called experts every week who cant actually use their loaf and try and figure things out. Poorly written me hole its very well written consider he has a low budget and only 6 episodes long.

you're very defensive of it, they're only opinions

do you think wayne would've put up such a fight to Pa in real life?

:pac::pac::pac: he would've fúcked him off in a second and broke him in two - but i suppose this is incredible writing because it's irish made

What does this even mean? You're posts are really not making much sense

How does the length of the series or budget have anything to do with that scene?

There was several simple ways Paddy could of gotten away without Nidge ( who has been shown to be extremely cunning and smart thus far) turning up and knocking on the door with a kid and a metal pipe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭yizorselves

Poorly written just means "I didnt like it, thats not the way it should have happened". Go make your own successful TV series feckin know it alls

batistuta9 wrote: »

:pac::pac::pac: he would've fúcked him off in a second and broke him in two - but i suppose this is incredible writing because it's irish made

Like any show its not without its flaws but on this thread we have the same crowd every single week highlighting errors and giving a one sided argument and yet they somehow tune in every single week :rolleyes:. Real petty to be honest.

Eh yeah he had a pretty good choke hold on him. Not too easy to escape those, and Wayne is no toddler. 16 year olds have plenty of strength. Fúcked him off in a second me hole, do you even lift bro?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

Jesus calm down...set up a fan club or something then. I think you can enjoy something and respect it but at the same time critique, sure isn't that what's good about going to see a film, play, concert or whatever and discussing its good and bad points, this is the bit which requires using your brain, not just watching it and admiring its flawless perfection and genius writing. Relax, it's only a bit light tv we're discussing...go double check the blue tack is still holding up those love hate posters on your bedroom wall

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Ravanelli

Cant understand how people think the botched hit was such a surprise. Here is news for you. Drugs gangs dont always get things right.

A drugs boss armed with a handgun shouting and kicking in a door in broad daylight accompanied by some teenager he met a couple of weeks ago didn't seem overly sloppy to you?

I like Love/Hate and understand it's budgetary limitations but it's getting needlessly sloppy. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,178 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Like any show its not without its flaws but on this thread we have the same crowd every single week highlighting errors and giving a one sided argument and yet they somehow tune in every single week :rolleyes:. Real petty to be honest.

i don't know about the whole on going thing, i'll take your word for it

but if they or anyone didn't point out flaws/their opinion then this would just be a one sided thread blinded by people who see no wrong in it

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Or maybe it was just a badly written scene in a series that is going nowhere slowly? As I said, 'treading water' and I am not the only one noticing it.

Brendan O'Carroll is Irish and successful too, is he above criticism too?:rolleyes:

Look if you really dont like it why do you watch it?
    However that would mean you'd have pretty much nothing to do with your time then. Why are you even bringing Brendan O'Carroll in to this? :confused: I never said every thing Irish is brilliant but unlike you I dont criticise the most viewed Irish made show of all time just to be some sort of hipster.

i don't know about the whole on going thing, i'll take your word for it

but if they or anyone didn't point out flaws/their opinion then this would just be a one sided thread blinded by people who see no wrong in it

But they never have anything good to say about the show and yet somehow they tune in every week? :confused: Whats that all about?

Ravanelli wrote: »
    A drugs boss armed with a handgun shouting and kicking in a door in broad daylight accompanied by some teenager he met a couple of weeks ago didn't seem sloppy to you?

I like Love/Hate and understand it's budgetary limitations but it's getting needlessly sloppy. :(

Paranoid scumbags can get sloppy. Cant be a mastermind 24/7

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Tbh if you dislike nit picking, and yep, there are some serial ones here, don't read the Doctor Who forum! Brain melt down.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

Ravanelli wrote: »
    A drugs boss armed with a handgun shouting and kicking in a door in broad daylight accompanied by some teenager he met a couple of weeks ago didn't seem overly sloppy to you?

Perhaps Nidge the character is getting sloppy due to overwhelming paranoia but it doesnt mean the writing is.

Exactly...otherwise there would be none of them in jail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Look if you really dont like it why do you watch it?

I watch it because I am interested in Irish drama, I am not interested in unconditional fandom though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

well this weeks episode was better than last weeks effort for me this season has been a slow builder so if this finale does not payoff in a big way then I will be disappointed in general with S4

also Keith Duffy WTF!!!! the show does not need that crap its doing fine without it LOL

Its defiantly Nidges show now though so if he gets killed then he will be the last of the original characters that can carry this show if they start focusing a season on other new characters I don't think I would be into that the other guys are good but not good enough to carry the show IMO

I would be happy with SEASON 5 being the shows final season and give it 8 episodes send it off with a bang

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Plus it also shows how criminals will use anybody of any age to achieve what they want .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

Exactly...otherwise there would be none of them in jail.

Jeffrey Archer writes a good bit, got sloppy and he did some time :)

RELAX ffs will ye

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Ravanelli

Perhaps Nidge the character is getting sloppy due to overwhelming paranoia but it doesnt mean the writing is.

What use is Fran anyway to Nidge?

Like this is the thing that annoys me about the show sometimes. It wouldn't kill them to throw in a bit about how much money each character is pulling in and kicking up. In the Sopranos Tony despite personally loathing some people (
    such as Ralphie
    ) kept them around because they were good earners.

This whole thing about Fran, I don't see what the big deal is to Nidge. What good is Fran to Nidge in the first place? Does he bring Nidge in a lot of money? If so they should probably inform us of it.

Happyman42 wrote: »
    I watch it because I am interested in Irish drama, I am not interested in unconditional fandom though.

So even if there is something you actually like in it you wont say it for fear of being caught up in unconditional fandom and no matter how ridiculous it might seem to your seemingly strangely wired brain every week you'll still tune in the following week and the following series??? Right ok so. :confused:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Is next week the last in the series? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,898 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Yes - it is showing that the norms of society do not mean anything to them - even in parts of the Northside of Dublin - they got kids to walk into public places and kill people - the kids would be caught, It shows that when you have no respect for the law - you do anything . In Dublin will a police man or anybody see or care about a bloke driving down a backstreet of Dublin. Then getting out at an odd time of day and kill someone - lads this was happening every month or so only 3 years ago in Dublin - It is not Drama. They killed people in public - in broad daylight, not even backstreets.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement