Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

babygirlz wrote: »
    How do I see what is behind the spoilers, all I see is grey bars :confused:
    deise08 wrote: »
    Just tap the black lines
    babygirlz wrote: »
    Thanks, I am on iPad and that doesn't seem to work for me.

on an iPad, you have to quote the post with the spoilers and then you'll be able to see what's behind them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

I really cant get into this season for some reason with darren gone tommy as good as gone and nidge is getting a bit annoying. its just not doing it for me anymore which is a shame. Its ran its course for me im afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

For me Love/Hate continues to be poor. More pointless storylines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

As someone said, the money thing for a gang like them is about right. Most of these guys in real life are not living in luxury.

One of the complaints leveled at The Sopranos in the States was that they overdid the wealth. In reality mobsters at that time did not have that amount of cash. It became an aspirational show for real life criminals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭stickybookmark

I suppose for fellas like that with little job prospects in Ireland at the moment it's believable enough that they'd rather have some cash coming in, rather than only the dole.
    Still think Nidge leaving d brazzers to rot was only delaying d inevitable for him so was pointlessly harsh. Great thread here,interesting + intelligent comments not like those on the love/hate fb page (oh be d lord jaysus...........)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

that scene at the end with debbie and the other one with the song playing is pretty grim..put me in bad humour and ruined that song for me..bleh

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭starskey77

i cant understand a word aido or his charming girlfriend says is there
    subtitles for midlanders

• Registered Users Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Does Fran spend every night sitting outside, awake? :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Sunglasses Ron

Ravanelli wrote: »
    Still though, to be there to carry out a murder personally, it's not realistic.

Takes away seriously from the whole ''Nidge weasel'' persona that has been built up.

Paddy outside his house, silencer, bullet to the back of the head, job done.

They had the patience to intimidate that Garda for days.

He brought a new lad because he didn't want anyone who knows Fran to be in on the job. Not that Fran seems particularly popular with any of the rest of the lads but it was, in his mind, better to be safe than sorry- if Fran was to find out Nidge had a part in killing the traveller he thought he had only met a few days prior, he could put 2 and 2 together easily enough regarding his motive.

Still, I reckon Nidge would have had the young lad packing a gun as well as himself.

It's been so long now I can't recall, but who did Nidge tell Fran had personally carried out the pipe bomb attack once they aligned together? Hughie maybe? Someone dead presumably. Even with all that the traveller did not know that Nidge personally used that particular pipe bomb for the attack and so could not really use it against him, Nidge could have countered by saying that particular weapon was the one Darren used to attack the Ra lads car at the pub.
    Hitchens wrote: »
    Does Fran spend every night sitting outside, awake? :D

I liked his bit going on about how he used to dream of being as loaded as he currently is, on about his boats and Barbados holiday dreams. The ****er spends most nights alone getting drunk in the dark outside a poxy caravan. Livin it large Fran! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

They have cut down a lot of the cocaine use by the gang members in this serious, can't remember any of them using it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

My prediction for next week is Fran or Patrick try to take Nidge out once he finds out it was him who pipe bombed Linda, but Warren and/or Trish get in the crossfire.

I think they will take that particular thread into the next series, they are killing off minor storylines in this season. Debbie, Lizzie etc.
    The more you look at Nidge's motivations the more inconsistent the writers are getting.
    For him to turn up at the lock-up like that was ridiculous, he's a weasel, he would have waited in the long grass before he'd have struck, it wasn't as if Paddy was gonna be in there all day. All he had to do was to wait and strike. For a man supposedly paranoid about who is watching him it was just a step to far into craziness for him to do that himself anyway.

They have cut down a lot of the cocaine use by the gang members in this serious, can't remember any of them using it.

Aido is on the piss tests, Nidge is paranoid enough this year without coke bothering him and Tommy's head would probably fall off after a line he looks so fragile ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Lucy and Harry

How is Nidge going to get away from the cops??Will there be a new season next year??
    And will Tommy's bird smile again???

How is Nidge going to get away from the cops??

Technicality I would guess. He won't be present at the drug drop off, and knowing the way the Irish legal system pans out his lawyer will probably do some digging and find out the whole wire tap warrant has some flaw ruling everything he said inadmissible.

Tends to happen in the real world if you have a sharp enough brief! Still, I wouldn't be surprised if we see Nidge getting sent down on remand and all the boring legal argument to get him out is taken care of during the imaginary gap between now and the next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Coke was Johnboy's thing really. It seemed the others mainly did it around him or when there was some going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭stickybookmark

starskey77 wrote: »
    i cant understand a word aido or his charming girlfriend says is there
    subtitles for midlanders

This is exactly why they couldn't give the main characters real jackeen accents. They had to water them down to make the show accessible

• Registered Users Posts: 20,898 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

I know but I think personally shooting at some fella in broad daylight when being a gangland boss is a bit unbelievable.

He had to do it himself - because he does not want to be linked to him being killed. But all the gangland bosses have killed somebody, and the latest gangland murders are in broad daylight. They do not fear the public or the guards - it is not that easy to catch somebody in a back ally.
    He is also grooming the young lad - his first job.

Yes was very messy for a supposed boss - but they are head cases these lads. Some of the murders/stabbings are over incidents in pubs etc.

On the other issue of money - and motivation.

These lads are often from a background where they are going nowhere - being in a gang is power for them - they get respect/fear from the neighbourhood - they love where they live, they know everybody and even are the go to people if you have a problem with kids messing etc.

Yes parts of the series have had flaws - but the story sometimes needs to progress - introducing new characters for progression is hard work in a very full cast already.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭A.Partridge

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Have to agree here, so Nidge can't afford two guns? He is apparently the leader of a top criminal gang and gives his accomplice a pipe for a hit?

Fairly amateur-ish and takes a way a little from the authenticity of the show

I disagree.

He is starting to make mistakes. Big mistakes.

That's what happens when paranoia and desparation set in.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,024 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

They should have sent Nidge to shoot the tinker not Tom Vaughn Lawlor!!

Happyman42 wrote: »
    I think they will take that particular thread into the next series, they are killing off minor storylines in this season. Debbie, Lizzie etc.
    The more you look at Nidge's motivations the more inconsistent the writers are getting.
    For him to turn up at the lock-up like that was ridiculous, he's a weasel, he would have waited in the long grass before he'd have struck, it wasn't as if Paddy was gonna be in there all day. All he had to do was to wait and strike. For a man supposedly paranoid about who is watching him it was just a step to far into craziness for him to do that himself anyway.
    i thought that scene was a total shambles myself, however there is no such thing as "to far into crazy" in this world...Even Nidge kissing janet in the pub shows he's lost the plot.

• Advertisement

How is Nidge going to get away from the cops??Will there be a new season next year??
    And will Tommy's bird smile again???
    Saw her at the weekend in Steve Coogans comedy drama Philomina....

alas yeah she was crying hysterically for her entire screen time.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

i thought that scene was a total shambles myself, however there is no such thing as "to far into crazy" in this world...Even Nidge kissing janet in the pub shows he's lost the plot.

That Janet gives me the creeps.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭TheSetMiner

The bent security man who is going to do a driving job for nidge, anyone any ideas? im thinking its something he doesn't want anyone else knowing about just like the patrick hit because otherwise way not ask aido, elmo or even fran to drive?

The winky smiley means I was teasing - just having a laugh with what someone else had said. Chill man, it's all Coola Buala, as Fran would say. :D
    ya just have to read the facebook comments to see that you are correct in that there are many many people who don't get it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

He mustn't earn much though. This is a compact gang though. The lack of money among the other characters (Aido, Elmo) takes away from the realism for me, all the risk, the stress and for what? To live in the same dive with not one mention of what use the money is to them?

Well we heard Nidge telling the young lad last night when they went out for a smoke, he said something like "It's a big job and I'll pay your for it, you'll be able to buy a secondhand jammer" That fairly sums up the Boss (organ grinder) versus the monkey, one drives a lexus and the one doing all the dirty work and taking all the chances get the second hand jammer.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,445 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Nidge couldn't ask anyone else to do the hit on Patrick, as they'd all want some explaination. He doesn't have the power that John Boy did to insist, but even then his biggest concern was no one else finding out. My interpretation of the bungled effort, and nidge going, was that he was panicing about Patrick telling Fran or anyone else, and thought he'd be let in on the basis of giving Patrick work - as he tried to set up when he first visited the lock up with the comment about "having some business" soon.

Not sure where the last episode will go - some cliffhanger to finish with anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

The dentists pen drive has more significance than one might think?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Correct me if I'm wrong. wasn't moynihan the dancing priest in father Ted ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭cabb8ge

The bent security man who is going to do a driving job for nidge, anyone any ideas? im thinking its something he doesn't want anyone else knowing about just like the patrick hit because otherwise way not ask aido, elmo or even fran to drive?

Drive van for next shipment maybe?

• Advertisement

Debbie's dead
    Overall though a pretty forgettable episode . I'm struggling to remember what happened exactly. Maybe it's just that the editing was a mess but there was no structure to it at all.

Was expecting Debbie to meet up with Tommy or jog his memory loss or something or do some collective acting scenes with at least some of the original cast thats left ,but that was a pretty rushed exit . The actress must have had a sudden offer elsewhere.

It's pretty standard that there's a closing song but I think it's become standard to have the uplifting song 30 seconds into the start now too.
    I prefer the bluesy guitar number at the start of the first episode myself.
    I was underwhelmed by debbies death, but after thinking about it i guess that's the idea...she is at the end of the day a dead junkie and the writers were simply showing us how insignificant that is to the majority of people...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement