Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I knew he looked familar! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,024 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

The dentists pen drive has more significance than one might think?
    what ya reckon?

The bent security man who is going to do a driving job for nidge, anyone any ideas? im thinking its something he doesn't want anyone else knowing about just like the patrick hit because otherwise way not ask aido, elmo or even fran to drive?
    deliver money to Tony Charlo?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,603 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Have to disagree with those saying the writing is getting sloppy - personally I think it gets stronger every season.

Fair enough, if people think it's all sloppy writing though - we're entitled to our own opinions. However, I'm of the opinion that some people really just don't get it. ;)

Agree 100%.
    I thought season 3 was very violent, yet it seemed appropriate considering JohnBoy's demise, and everyone trying to stamp their mark.
    Less of the violence this time around, but the mind games are on a different scale altogether.

Also, good to see that Stuart Carolan isn't afraid of killing off his characters. Makes it more believable, that anyone can go at any time, regardless of how much we like/dislike them.

Really, really enjoying this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Really enjoyed last nights episode and this season in general.

I like the fact there is not as much action and more focus on the guards.

The change in Nidge the last few weeks,the paranoia of a man in fear of losing his empire

Each week the writers take away some of his likeability,from the fun weasel to the lunatic hell bent on killing the traveller despite knowing that he would not say anything to Fran

I found myself really happy when Patrick got away from them and I doubt I was the only one.

Will he tell Fran now?
    Will he gwt some of his traveller friends to attack Nidge

Will Nadine get caught

Will Siobhan really help the guards

Really looking forward to next Sunday

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

The bent security man who is going to do a driving job for nidge, anyone any ideas? im thinking its something he doesn't want anyone else knowing about just like the patrick hit because otherwise way not ask aido, elmo or even fran to drive?

He's going to rip off / divert the shipment of drugs coming in!

I notice between Debbie, JP and Andrew the good dentist that the writers seem to love showing how the people from D4 gets caught up in 'the other hidden world of Dublin'.

JP was the only one of the D4s featured throughout that i had any form of sympathy for.

Without doing much he was way in over his head. What really gripped me with that show was the way that even the most normal of society could meet up with the likes of Hughie and even a simple thing like a polite refusal to let him drive your fathers beloved classic car could end up in a bloodbath such was the pyschopath Hughie was.
    I really felt for JP when Hughie was in his garage looking for a go in the car!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

what ya reckon?

I'm not sure Ash, If the cops surprise you and coerce you into helping them, I can't see you running home and sitting down to write an essay on a pen drive? The scene when the Dentist was at home pondering, leads me to think he was scheming something up?

He's meeting with them, talking to them, so why the need for a pen drive?

Maybe it's related to

1. In case something happens to him?

2. He filling them with crap?

3. He going to divert them & try to hijack the shipment himself?

I just have a gut feeling it's significant, then again maybe not?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Sunglasses Ron

Agree 100%.
    I thought season 3 was very violent, yet it seemed appropriate considering JohnBoy's demise, and everyone trying to stamp their mark.
    Less of the violence this time around, but the mind games are on a different scale altogether.

Also, good to see that Stuart Carolan isn't afraid of killing off his characters. Makes it more believable, that anyone can go at any time, regardless of how much we like/dislike them.

Really, really enjoying this season.

It is definitely the best so far, the previous ones never gripped me quite as much. Possibly because at the back of your mind you knew how unrealistic Darren was!

I'm not sure Ash, If the cops surprise you and coerce you into helping them, I can't see you running home and sitting down to write an essay on a pen drive? The scene when the Dentist was at home pondering, leads me to think he was scheming something up?

He's meeting with them, talking to them, so why the need for a pen drive?

Maybe it's related to

1. In case something happens to him?

2. He filling them with crap?

3. He going to divert them & try to hijack the shipment himself?

I just have a gut feeling it's significant, then again maybe not?
    • Pen drive
    • Nadines trip
    • New driver
    there's a few minor things that happened that could be huge!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,603 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Debbie's dead.
    Was expecting Debbie to meet up with Tommy or jog his memory loss or something or do some collective acting scenes with at least some of the original cast thats left ,but that was a pretty rushed exit . The actress must have had a sudden offer

Why?
    She played a drug addict-drug addicts sometimes overdose and die. Makes it all the more real imo, that we just don't know what's gonna happen next.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Woodround

deise08 wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong. wasn't moynihan the dancing priest in father Ted ?

I don't think he was the dancing priest, but that's not to say he didn't play some other character in Fr Ted. He did play a priest in Million Dollar Baby. He also played the bus driver in Intermission. I think he was in an episode of Law and Order SVU back in the day, but that could be me just imagining things.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

I was underwhelmed by debbies death, but after thinking about it i guess that's the idea...she is at the end of the day a dead junkie and the writers were simply showing us how insignificant that is to the majority of people...

Exactly, we are watching the show as a viewer. We have watched Debbie since season 1 but that has no impact to how the characters view her. She was a junkie hoor who everyone looked down their noses at. Her dying was of no importance or significance to anyone other than Nidge who lost a mule and aido who lost a junkie partner to shoot up with

Regarding the Dentist, anyone remember when talking to his ex wife he used the words "hustling" and the new business partner was "sound" not really words that would roll of the tongue of a posh dentist. I got the impression this was to show that he is believing in his role and new persona so maybe he does have a twist for the gards and for nidge too?

The botched hit was terrible in the way the hit was executed but I wouldn't say unrealistic in the slightest. Has been explained a few times the reason for choosing Wayne and also nidge wanting to be there as he thought it would be simple and also to make sure it was 100% done. This was more personal than a gangland killing in some ways so maybe he was more inclined to take the risk too.

The use of the word "clipped" is an everyday word in the flats and the ones who are in gangs, that is fact. Whacked is as well used in Dublin too.

re: aido and Elmo, as said earlier they would probably never want to leave their flats and living there and being a known gangster to their family and friends in the flats can be more appealing than driving a lexus and living in Castleknock unnoticed.

Most money they make is wasted in 1) bookies 2) pubs 3) drugs 4) fancy air maxes

I watched this show from episode one and the first series was good, a little ropey but I feel it has got better each season. I do think there are some small gaffs in it but it is worth noting with gangland crime nothing is ever straight forward and logic often has no place in it either. The Media has countless "ridiculous" stories of daftness from gangs over the years

I do feel if RTE would allow more episodes, the script writers could really go deeper with certain story lines too.

I am hoping that nothing really gets resolved next episode, a shock killing and a twist would be expected but with regards to the police closing the case or the gang reaching a conclusion with being busted or not, I think there is not enough time to make this happen being the last episode next week

Finally re :keith duffy, had the role 100% spot on for the over friendly PT. I also think he is a half decent actor. he did what he was asked to do and did the part perfect

Better to have him inside the tent urinating out, than outside the tent urinating in.

:D

"**** you Nidgey. Im pissing into your Tent"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Another good ep, anything happening with that grave digging episode by Fran ?

One ep left yeah ?

I really felt for JP when Hughie was in his garage looking for a go in the car!

Fair funny when some random girl at a party asked Tommy if he knew JP from college and JP started pissing himself laughing. :D

Exactly, we are watching the show as a viewer. We have watched Debbie since season 1 but that has no impact to how the characters view her. She was a junkie hoor who everyone looked down their noses at. Her dying was of no importance or significance to anyone other than Nidge who lost a mule and aido who lost a junkie partner to shoot up with

Regarding the Dentist, anyone remember when talking to his ex wife he used the words "hustling" and the new business partner was "sound" not really words that would roll of the tongue of a posh dentist. I got the impression this was to show that he is believing in his role and new persona so maybe he does have a twist for the gards and for nidge too?

The botched hit was terrible in the way the hit was executed but I wouldn't say unrealistic in the slightest. Has been explained a few times the reason for choosing Wayne and also nidge wanting to be there as he thought it would be simple and also to make sure it was 100% done. This was more personal than a gangland killing in some ways so maybe he was more inclined to take the risk too.

The use of the word "clipped" is an everyday word in the flats and the ones who are in gangs, that is fact. Whacked is as well used in Dublin too.

re: aido and Elmo, as said earlier they would probably never want to leave their flats and living there and being a known gangster to their family and friends in the flats can be more appealing than driving a lexus and living in Castleknock unnoticed.

Most money they make is wasted in 1) bookies 2) pubs 3) drugs 4) fancy air maxes

I watched this show from episode one and the first series was good, a little ropey but I feel it has got better each season. I do think there are some small gaffs in it but it is worth noting with gangland crime nothing is ever straight forward and logic often has no place in it either. The Media has countless "ridiculous" stories of daftness from gangs over the years

I do feel if RTE would allow more episodes, the script writers could really go deeper with certain story lines too.

I am hoping that nothing really gets resolved next episode, a shock killing and a twist would be expected but with regards to the police closing the case or the gang reaching a conclusion with being busted or not, I think there is not enough time to make this happen being the last episode next week

Finally re :keith duffy, had the role 100% spot on for the over friendly PT. I also think he is a half decent actor. he did what he was asked to do and did the part perfect
    Everything could go t1ts up next week inside the gang thus blowing the cops plan into oblivion...i guess it could boil down to what's more important to fran ...cash or pride...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Woodround wrote: »
    I don't think he was the dancing priest, but that's not to say he didn't play some other character in Fr Ted. He did play a priest in Million Dollar Baby. He also played the bus driver in Intermission. I think he was in an episode of Law and Order SVU back in the day, but that could be me just imagining things.

He wasn't in Father Ted. This lad was the dancing priest: http://www.jamesbensonactor.com/

I agree with you that the show's positives outweigh the negatives.

I think it was Nidge's paranoia that led him to make stupid decisions leading up to the attempted hit but what's that old saying - The difference between truth and fiction is that fiction has to make sense.

Lisha wrote: »
    Only thing stopping me buying the DVDs is that sound track is not as good
    I believe S club 7 will be providing the soundtrack to S4 DVD.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,169 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Season 4 for me has been the least favourite for me, but it still great series.

High standards especially from season 2 and 3 were always going to be hard to maintain.

I think its bit rushed this time. Think it needed about 8 episodes instead of 6.

Still cant wait for next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭NoClues

There is 3 episodes left, think this series has 8 episodes. Makes sense as there's too much to wrap up if only 1 episode remaining.

NoClues wrote: »
    There is 3 episodes left, think this series has 8 episodes. Makes sense as there's too much to wrap up if only 1 episode remaining.

Afraid not.

There's only 1 episode left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Nice one !!

3 more eps ... early christmas present :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

NoClues wrote: »

False

the_monkey wrote: »
    Nice one !!

3 more eps ... early christmas present :D

There's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Definitely only 1 episode left. RTE are releasing the series 4 DVD this day next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,701 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I enjoyed last nights episode.

But, what is the story with a gang leader running around in daylight with a young hood and trying to whack guys? Is nidge that paranoid that he can be so reckless?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,445 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Or just needs someone he thinks he can trust with the shipment. And if it does get busted, that links Nidge back to the cash in transit job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

The security guy - any chance he might be undercover?

Doesn't seem to come from the flats - how well does Nidge really know him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭bellinter

Thought last night was excellent. Hard to know what to expect from next week now. The dentist and what he does is a pretty interesting one. He spent a lot of time in the reception smoking and pondering last night.. what is he up to?

Thought the attempt to get to Patrick was good. Is that the type of thing a "boss" would do himself? I have no idea. I dont think it matters anyway, Nidge DID do it, thats what matters. He needs Fran on his side, badly. He's a threat and the consequences of falling out with him are huge to Nidge's empire so he is likely to behave less rationally.

I think the way Debbie's character was handled in S3 and S4 was really good too. A complete victim of drugs and the drug industry as a whole. In the end, no one gave a f*ck.

I think its been a class series so far. Didnt really like last week's episode but last night was one of the best yet. There is so much going on, the scale is really, really big, especially for a 6 episode series. Would be great if they could have stretched out the same content into a few more episodes, it might have had a more natural pace, but still great telly.

oh yeah... I gave a tut when Keith Duffy appeared but he played the part perfectly!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement