Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

Anyone know why this isn't aired or filmed in HD?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

walshb wrote: »
    But, what is the story with a gang leader running around in daylight with a young hood and trying to whack guys? Is nidge that paranoid that he can be so reckless?

As far as Fran knew, Nidge just met the guy, he couldn't let him (or anyone else in the gang) know he was after him. It would raise too many questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Imhof Tank wrote: »
    The security guy - any chance he might be undercover?

Doesn't seem to come from the flats - how well does Nidge really know him?

I don't think so. Bringing in an undercover guy who's only had a small part at this point would be a bit odd I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

M.J.M.C wrote: »

It is filmed in HD. RTE 1 isn't broadcast in HD yet though.

They showed the previous seasons in HD over the summer on RTE 2.

Not sure why they don't release it on Blu-Ray as well as DVD.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

It's so RTE can get a second run out of it in HD next year on RTE2 setting the scene for season 5.

That's what they done with the re-run of season 3 this year.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,701 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Essien wrote: »
    As far as Fran knew, Nidge just met the guy, he couldn't let him (or anyone else in the gang) know he was after him. It would raise too many questions.

Seems plausible, alright! I just thought that it was far too reckless and risky. hence my view that Nidge is off the rails with paranoia!

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭WildWater

What about the mole guard? Has everyone forgotten him? Is this a plot crack that has been left hanging or will he play a role in next week?

Nidge was all over the mole earlier in this series looking to know what the guards knew, their movements etc. Are we just suppose to believe that Nidge has forgotten about his inside mole as he plans his major shipment? If so it's not exactly strong script writing.

Or does Nidge know that he has been arrested and therefore is onto the fact that the guards are onto him? But, as far as I can tell, there has been no reference to Nidge knowing this.

Or is Moynihan going to use the mole guard to play Nidge next week?

The mole character could have been left in the background which could have added to the final build up but instead Carolan had him arrested by Moynihan. Why? Unless he want to have the ability to have Moynihan use the mole in a counter-intelligence fashion.

I think Carolan's writing is too good to have this mole character just forgotten. So my money is on Moynihan using the mole to play Nidge next week. To have the watertight case that he desperately seeks, Moynihan has to catch Nidge with the shipment. So it would make sense for Moynihan to use the mole guard to try and put Nidge at ease and lure him into the mistake of meeting up with the shipment. However, I think Nidge will smell a rat and not be there when the guards come busting in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,445 ✭✭✭Macy0161

RTE1 isn't HD, yet. It will be soon - the rescans for anyone using saorview in recent weeks is to do with them going live with the second mux, giving them room needed for RTE1HD.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

The dentist & Siobhan put Nidge away,Fran clips Trish in revenge for Linda & Keith Duffy sings love me for a reason at the funeral?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 BusyMum12

Can any of you please tell me how to read a spoiler on here? I've tried clicking on them but nothing appears. I'm on an iPad if that makes any difference, thanks guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I think Nidge and co will all be arrested just as all out war is about to break out between him and Fran.

That will be the end of the season, with maybe Warren getting hurt or killed at some stage in the episode.

The Nidge/Fran rivalry will be saved for next seasons main storyline possibly, as the cops will be forced to make a move on them before they kill each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,024 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

BusyMum12 wrote: »
    Can any of you please tell me how to read a spoiler on here? I've tried clicking on them but nothing appears. I'm on an iPad if that makes any difference, thanks guys.
    you need to highlight the text....not sure how to do it on an ipad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 aidy72

type in love hate into google and check out image for charlie murphy! guaranteed a laugh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

you need to highlight the text....not sure how to do it on an ipad.

Quote it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Well Ray Darcy this morning blabbed that one of the main characters is signed up for season 5, kind of put to bed a few theories, cheers Ray, just can't help themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 BusyMum12

Neeson wrote: »
    Quote it

Thank you, that worked!

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Oldira

A lot of people here are questioning the fact that Nidge went to do a 'hit' himself and that gang leaders would not do this. How many hits did Tony Soprano do himself and he was leader of a massive gang and I hear little criticism of that n these quarters. The fact is the guy is now totally paranoid and terrified of Fran. Also it is probably to show that if Nidge is so paranoid do we really think he trusts the dentist? Dentist has to be a decoy and he is bringing in his shipment another way entirely. Possibly the dentists shipment will turn out to be arms for Tony and his crew and Nidge can have his Rah problem solved and lay it all at the Dentists door.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

The think people are missing the point re the failed hit on Patrick.

Yes Wayne was there because Nidge didn't want anyone to know, but that doesn't explain why he only had one gun and gave Wayne a bloody pipe. And then knocked on the door, asking Patrick to come out.

"Please come out Patrick, I would like to shoot you".

lala88 wrote: »
    The dentist & Siobhan put Nidge away,Fran clips Trish in revenge for Linda & Keith Duffy sings love me for a reason at the funeral?

Almost perfect. However, Duffy can't sing!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,024 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

P.Walnuts wrote: »

Yes Wayne was there because Nidge didn't want anyone to know, but that doesn't explain why he only had one gun and gave Wayne a bloody pipe. And then knocked on the door, asking Patrick to come out.

i thought the pipe was to wedge in the door?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

BusyMum12 wrote: »
    Thank you, that worked!

If you use touch.boards.ie you should be able to just tap on the spoiler to reveal it.

i thought the pipe was to wedge in the door?

In what way?

Didn't hear any mention of that myself

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

aidy72 wrote: »
    type in love hate into google and check out image for charlie murphy! guaranteed a laugh!!

Her range is incredible

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

lala88 wrote: »
    Her range is incredible

Ha ha Ha ha ha ha ha that's brilliant! ha ha she beat up Tommy she the nigerian gang ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I'd assume the pipe was to break in if Patrick didn't open the door, plus it would be protection as they'd only one gun. Nidge did go a bit mental kicking the door but to me that's to show us that he's losing it.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    I'd assume the pipe was to break in if Patrick didn't open the door, plus it would be protection as they'd only one gun. Nidge did go a bit mental kicking the door but to me that's to show us that he's losing it.

Come one now...

So they brought the pipe to break down the door, but Nidge started to try kick down the door?

Everything can't be explained away as "Nidge is losing it"

It was poor scene in an otherwise decent episodes in an otherwise great series.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,445 ✭✭✭Macy0161

In what way?

Didn't hear any mention of that myself
    It wasn't mentioned, but when nidge was there before Patrick didn't let him, only spoke with a chain on the door. I assumed the bar was to force the door, if he did the same again.

Come one now...

So they brought the pipe to break down the door, but Nidge started to try kick down the door?

I have to agree. It was quite a shoddy scene. It didn't make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Come one now...

But he is losing it, kissing the prostitute in the bar made no sense to me either, seemed out of character for him, but that's the thing, if people want to criticise the episode the whole Patrick thing doesn't make any sense at all, the guy clearly isn't going to rat so why is Nidge after him? Because he isn't thinking rationally.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

throughout the last couple of episodes Nidge has been repeatedly saying he has too much on at the moment and doesn't need more hassle. This thing with Paddy added to the other things going on , once he turned up there he just wanted it finished with. Kicking the door down wasn't just him "losing it" it was also his desperation to get this issue sorted and one less thing to contend with.

Im unsure too about the pipe, only plausible explanation is as another poster said, to prize the door open when paddy opened it , like the last time

nidge assumed that because he had knocked the last time and got an answer, although with caution -paddy did open up so he was hoping/expecting the same

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement