Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭Hitchens

1. Patrick is a tough bit of stuff. I wouldn't give Nidgy much chance in a bare-knuckle scrap with Pat. :D

2. Tommy is safe now that Moynihan has told Siobhan that the Guards will look out for him. Why, I hear ye ask.
    Well, if there's a hit on Tommy, and knowing the mentality in Ireland, some Dáil Committee will haul in the Garda Commissioner to explain how they let it happen! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

bellinter wrote: »
    Thought last night was excellent. Hard to know what to expect from next week now. The dentist and what he does is a pretty interesting one. He spent a lot of time in the reception smoking and pondering last night.. what is he up to?

Thought the attempt to get to Patrick was good. Is that the type of thing a "boss" would do himself? I have no idea. I dont think it matters anyway, Nidge DID do it, thats what matters. He needs Fran on his side, badly. He's a threat and the consequences of falling out with him are huge to Nidge's empire so he is likely to behave less rationally.

I think the way Debbie's character was handled in S3 and S4 was really good too. A complete victim of drugs and the drug industry as a whole. In the end, no one gave a f*ck.

I think its been a class series so far. Didnt really like last week's episode but last night was one of the best yet. There is so much going on, the scale is really, really big, especially for a 6 episode series. Would be great if they could have stretched out the same content into a few more episodes, it might have had a more natural pace, but still great telly.

oh yeah... I gave a tut when Keith Duffy appeared but he played the part perfectly!

Last night was a great episode as was the week before. I loved both episodes and they set up an excellent finale.

The papers were right about Debbie. I knew no one had it in for her to kill her so the overdose was the key to her exit. I wonder what Tommy will think?

The IRA storyline is put to bed at least for now. Next episode will be about Nidge v Fran I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

I wonder what Tommy will think?l.

Fizzy orange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭stickybookmark

nidge assumed that because he had knocked the last time and got an answer, although with caution -paddy did open up so he was hoping/expecting the same

See this theory doesn't hold water for me coz the last interaction Nidge + Patrick had prior to that was Patrick telling him he doesn't blab about who he does business with & Nidgey responding by giving Patrick a look. It was a look that seemed to carry an implicit threat in it, which Patrick picked up on hence him confiding in his friend about it. So Nidge should have known Patrick wouldn't innocently open the door to him this time around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Okay, didn't see it last night as I was otherwise engaged. Fair enough says I, I'll just stay away from the papers....only for the top right of someone's Daily Mirror to catch my eye with a MASSIVE spoiler. ****ing ridiculous at this stage,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

I know many great shows have used musical montages to good effect at certain times but one at the start and end of every episode is too much, the novelty is well diluted at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭starskey77

in my house myself and the wife have'nt a clue what aido or his girlfriend
    are say'n subtitles for midlanders please

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

starskey77 wrote: »
    in my house myself and the wife have'nt a clue what aido or his girlfriend
    are say'n subtitles for midlanders please

It's normal for me to have to rewind at least once an episode and stick on the subtitles cos I missed something!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yeah, I don't understand the accents either.
    Have you seen Spin The Bottle movie? Same thing there, I've no clue what they're saying :(

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

They made a lot of Paddy's relationship with his son, made him far too likeable a guy for Nidge to successfully do him on the first go. With nothing left to lose, Paddy will probably tell Fran what he knows before doing a legger to England. Or he'll send his son to England and Fran will kill Paddy when he finds out about the pipe bomb.
    What Fran will do could go either way. He'll either completely fly off the handle and go on a rampage, or he'll wait until him and Nidge are in the middle of the lido import job before confronting him and killing him.
    My gut feeling is that he'll pipe bomb Nidge's house while Trish and the kids are in it (possibly during the drug import job and tell Nidge about it). If Nidge survives to the next season he'll be a heartless and remorseless animal with nothing to lose and won't be long being killed himself.

They've set it up that Nidge's life is turning to **** and there's nothing he can do about it. He's lost Siobhán (though he doesn't know it yet), and if he loses his kids, then everything is gone. Janet will probably end up dead at the hands of Fran next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

seamus wrote: »
    Janet will probably end up dead at the hands of Fran next week.

Why do you think that?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Janet will probably end up dead at the hands of Fran next week.

I see her being too busy being quizzed by the police and the brothel closed down, cause I am sure she is going to crumble and ring the cops about the bodies at the start of the next episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,024 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    In what way?

Didn't hear any mention of that myself
    as in when patrick opens the door (on a chain lock) wayne would jam in the pipe to prevent him from closing it

aidy72 wrote: »
    type in love hate into google and check out image for charlie murphy! guaranteed a laugh!!
    what am i looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

what am i looking for?

http://tinyurl.com/ohstbnw

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭8mv

Woodround wrote: »
    I don't think he was the dancing priest, but that's not to say he didn't play some other character in Fr Ted. He did play a priest in Million Dollar Baby. He also played the bus driver in Intermission. I think he was in an episode of Law and Order SVU back in the day, but that could be me just imagining things.
    I think he had a good part in the short-lived but watchable Flash Forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

They made a lot of Paddy's relationship with his son, made him far too likeable a guy for Nidge to successfully do him on the first go. With nothing left to lose, Paddy will probably tell Fran what he knows before doing a legger to England. Or he'll send his son to England and Fran will kill Paddy when he finds out about the pipe bomb.
    What Fran will do could go either way. He'll either completely fly off the handle and go on a rampage, or he'll wait until him and Nidge are in the middle of the lido import job before confronting him and killing him.
    My gut feeling is that he'll pipe bomb Nidge's house while Trish and the kids are in it (possibly during the drug import job and tell Nidge about it). If Nidge survives to the next season he'll be a heartless and remorseless animal with nothing to lose and won't be long being killed himself.

They've set it up that Nidge's life is turning to **** and there's nothing he can do about it. He's lost Siobhán (though he doesn't know it yet), and if he loses his kids, then everything is gone. Janet will probably end up dead at the hands of Fran next week.

Last night concentrated mostly on the traveller, Janet and of course Debbie's overdose. Less Tommy and Fran than usual. Next week, I predict both these characters will predominate. Siobhan knows Nidge did the attack on Tommy and Tommy is going to realise this soon too (whether he remembers, Fran tells him or the police tell him). Fran will find out the truth regarding Linda soon enough too.

So, next week will see perhaps the cops, Fran, Tommy, Siobhan and the traveller after Nidge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

I wouldn't get my hopes up for a Fran v Nidge finale, i'd say that's gonna be season 5's main angle.

I'd expect the finale to initiate the feud properly, and somehow for Nidge to escape the cops....something funny gonna happen with the dentist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭poundapunnet

I don't understand why people are saying "This stressed, paranoid, emotional, and probably completely fcuking exhausted character is behaving irrationally and unpredictably, that's bad unrealistic writing!" I liked it when Aido said something to him re: Debbie along the lines of "If you get too relaxed mistakes happen" and the look Nidge gave him :pac:

There's an awful, awful lot going on this season and I'm anxious to see what can be wrapped up, what's going to be a cliff-hanger and what's just excess. It's a good series, and this is a good season but it's too much packed into too little time. That said, nobody seems to get to be allowed to have too much time at the top of the pack, I remember it having a similar sense of over-load and frenzy coming up to the end of season two and then pop, John Boy was gone and things got a lot more streamlined. Can't see them letting Vaughn-Lawlor go but I'd say the poster who predicted Nidge getting arrested just as it's about to kick off between him and Fran has called it right.

Elmo is just the most unfortunate craythur lads. Got landed with babysitting Hughie iirc, got caught in that mess with the RA and Darren, now he's likely to get wrongly identified as a rat because of that kunt of a dentist, if he makes it through this season he's the oddest mix of lucky and unlucky of any TV character.

That kid is scary, brilliant casting I must say. I like that this season they're focusing on people around the flats/peripheries a bit more, really get the sense of what a trap it is and what a black hole organised crime is. Wayne's looked around him and seen that there are certain things he has to do and qualms he has to put away to get ahead and he's willing to do them. You get a sense that he enjoys them too, like this week when he went swaggering off after Paddy til Nidge called him off. He's like a calmer version of Fran.
    D-FENS wrote: »
    I know many great shows have used musical montages to good effect at certain times but one at the start and end of every episode is too much, the novelty is well diluted at this stage.

Yeah, with you there. The one at the start of the season with Siobhán/Tommy and Nidge/Darren's grave was great, Sinéad O Connor last week managed to be both weird and obvious. I'd feel kind of thrown now if it didn't happen like.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Benteke

The more montages the better, The music they choose for them is top dollar and also it's 6 episodes so they need a good way to skip days and what have you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Cartel Mike

Why?
    She played a drug addict-drug addicts sometimes overdose and die. Makes it all the more real imo, that we just don't know what's gonna happen next.

No problem with the writer killing of Debs if thats what he wants to do but as ive said , give her a few scenes first for the sake of continuity.
    Eg if your showing her at Tommy"s hospital bed with flowers at the end of the last season ,give her a scene with him before you kill her off.
    And get Tommy or someone to mention the name Darren just for continuity in the series.
    Fair enough with the dentist and bloody Janet but give Trish a Scene or two that shows she's not just a door mat or background wallpaper.

In the last 2 series there was good continuity. This time around its missing which makes it feel more abstract/disjointed.

For eg I don't believe Tommy will even mention Debbie next week .Thats bad for continuity of the show.

No problem with the writer killing of Debs if thats what he wants to do but as ive said , give her a few scenes first for the sake of continuity.
    Eg if your showing her at Tommy"s hospital bed with flowers at the end of the last season ,give her a scene with him before you kill her off.
    And get Tommy or someone to mention the name Darren just for continuity in the series.
    Fair enough with the dentist and bloody Janet but give Trish a Scene or two that shows she's not just a door mat or background wallpaper.

In the last 2 series there was good continuity. This time around its missing which makes it feel more abstract/disjointed.

For eg I don't believe Tommy will even mention Debbie next week .Thats bad for continuity of the show.
    i think the writer is telling us that we the viewer of a tv show care more for debbie than people in real life...debbie is a dead junkie hooker, nobody cared when she was alive...nobody cares that she's dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

give Trish a Scene or two that shows she's not just a door mat or background wallpaper.

But that's exactly what she is. Nidge doesn't care about her, he even said so in one episode. He thinks more of the knocking shop manager than he does about Trish. She's a handy babysitter for the one he does care about, his son.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Oldira wrote: »
    A lot of people here are questioning the fact that Nidge went to do a 'hit' himself and that gang leaders would not do this. How many hits did Tony Soprano do himself and he was leader of a massive gang and I hear little criticism of that n these quarters. The fact is the guy is now totally paranoid and terrified of Fran. Also it is probably to show that if Nidge is so paranoid do we really think he trusts the dentist? Dentist has to be a decoy and he is bringing in his shipment another way entirely. Possibly the dentists shipment will turn out to be arms for Tony and his crew and Nidge can have his Rah problem solved and lay it all at the Dentists door.

Tony never participated in anything close to Nidge's attempted hit.

It showed Tommy and Nidge talking about Darren in the preview for next wee though? Drug addicted prostitutes die with nobody to give a **** all the time, in fact a lot of people die without getting tidy goodbyes. Trish is exactly wallpaper to Nidge now, he spoke to her on the phone when she was clearly crying, asked if she had a cold and then hung up when he found out the kids were asleep. He even said it himself a couple of series ago "I love her, but I don't really give a sh.it"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

So I wonder is that the last we'll see of Tony, Lizzie and the 'RA'?

Yer man who
    tried to shoot Christopher, Pussy, the witness protection guy he came across when he took Meadow on the college thing, he was way too involved in disposing of Ralphie's body as well.
    He nearly got caught rotten on the first one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

But that's exactly what she is. Nidge doesn't care about her, he even said so in one episode. He thinks more of the knocking shop manager than he does about Trish. She's a handy babysitter for the one he does care about, his son.

We presume he cares about John Delaney as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭brian_t

starskey77 wrote: »
    in love hate can anyone understand aido or his charming girlfriend
    subtittles please

RTE does provide subtitles. Just click the appropiate button on your remote.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Cartel Mike

It showed Tommy and Nidge talking about Darren in the preview for next wee though? Drug addicted prostitutes die with nobody to give a **** all the time, in fact a lot of people die without getting tidy goodbyes. Trish is exactly wallpaper to Nidge now, he spoke to her on the phone when she was clearly crying, asked if she had a cold and then hung up when he found out the kids were asleep. He even said it himself a couple of series ago "I love her, but I don't really give a sh.it"

Im sure tommy would give a **** . He spent most of last season with her!

Leaving it ro the final episode for Nidge and Timmy to be forced to mention the name Darren is a little late. If that hasn't been done already ,why even bother at this stage.. it's effect is gone.

Trish is the wife of the main character. She was plucky enough before, criminally underused afterthought now.

We could have a fifth series being just an unrelated spin off at this stage and no-one would even think to mention continuity.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement