Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

It says a lot for the shockingly rubbish possible plots people have speculated on favorably here that the last piss take one there is the most realistically true to life of the lot.:confused: Seriously, what kind of ****e are people willing to watch if all the above sounds like a good plot (bar Lala88, that was gas :D )

I resent that Mr Ronnie come lately.

Bent security guy is perfect for the possible unexpected undercover cop plot twist role.

Think Mr Orange in Reservoir Dogs.

Sopranos did it numerous times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

Imhof Tank wrote: »
    That whole interrogation of Nidge by Tony was a test.

Tony already knew Darren had shot Paddy, so when Nidge confirmed it was the same guy that did Git, Tony knew it had to be Darren.

If Nidge had tried to hang Tommy he was a gonner. His sixth sense kicked in IMO so he went with the truth.

True. And course another thing dawned on me. Darren was shocked by Nidge's hitting of Tommy. He turned up drunk in front of Tony and Dano and also called Nidge an animal. Nidge was left with no choice but to go with sacrificing Darren. Tony was well aware of who did what I'd feel. And Nidge was fully aware Darren could pose a threat especially should Tommy die. As well as this, if Nidge sacrificed Tommy, he'd have both Darren and Siobhan onto him! So, the tough decision was to give Tony Darren to try and appease Dano.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Anyone else hoping for a 'From Dusk till Dawn', they're all vampires type ending on Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭teddyteddy

so what do you all think is going to happen all joking aside ? a 5th series or a twist in the tale?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,025 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

teddyteddy wrote: »
    so what do you all think is going to happen all joking aside ? a 5th series or a twist in the tale?
    'ive no idea...cannnot see anything being resolved in an hour

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

I resent that Mr Ronnie come lately.

Bent security guy is perfect for the possible unexpected undercover cop plot twist role.

Think Mr Orange in Reservoir Dogs.

Sopranos did it numerous times.

sounds daft...the idea of a plot that the Gardaí would allow the tiger kidnapping of children to proceed in a sting operation

more to the point, didn't they get away with it, i mean if ur man was an undercover cop would they not have enough in armed robbery and kidnapping.

I think people on this spend a whole lot of time looking for twists and deeper meaning when it's a fairly simplistic story of scumbags running around committing tit for tat murders, hooring, dealing and whatever else tickles their fancy, it's a great insight into the underworld of Irish gangland crime. nothing indepth or fiendishly clever ever materialises, just another fella getting a ticket to meet his maker, but this is possibly what the writers want, because its not really that smart and most of these lads involved in crime are not really the brightest sparks. I mean the genius of this season is suppose to be the dentist bringing in a load of lidocaine legally under the premise of it being used for legitimate medical purposes, is that it?

bring on the "you just don't get it brigade"...

in anticipation of this, could one of these deeper thinkers give me in laymans what it is that I don't get maybe in a paragraph or two? also...while you are at it Emily Dickinson, now there's one f*ckin hoor I didn't get so fill me in on that one too, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

cannabis worth €110

Whoop-de-doo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Ah hes only getting in role for season 5 :P

I think nidge is actually gonna kill himself in the last episode. So many people want him dead and they really have showed his paranoia to the full extent this season so I reckon he will get cornered and just pull the trigger himself.

mikom wrote: »
    Whoop-de-doo.
    weed too! odd price for weed

• Advertisement

sounds daft...the idea of a plot that the Gardaí would allow the tiger kidnapping of children to proceed in a sting operation

more to the point, didn't they get away with it, i mean if ur man was an undercover cop would they not have enough in armed robbery and kidnapping.

I think people on this spend a whole lot of time looking for twists and deeper meaning when it's a fairly simplistic story of scumbags running around committing tit for tat murders, hooring, dealing and whatever else tickles their fancy, it's a great insight into the underworld of Irish gangland crime. nothing indepth or fiendishly clever ever materialises, just another fella getting a ticket to meet his maker, but this is possibly what the writers want, because its not really that smart and most of these lads involved in crime are not really the brightest sparks. I mean the genius of this season is suppose to be the dentist bringing in a load of lidocaine legally under the premise of it being used for legitimate medical purposes, is that it?

bring on the "you just don't get it brigade"...

in anticipation of this, could one of these deeper thinkers give me in laymans what it is that I don't get maybe in a paragraph or two? also...while you are at it Emily Dickinson, now there's one f*ckin hoor I didn't get so fill me in on that one too, thanks.
    Nidge should move trish and the kids away pronto

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Benteke

The court case will cost the tax payer more, I'm sure he is getting a barrister free of charge thanks to the people of Ireland and he has already put the case back 3 weeks, So that is 2 cases he is going mark down on his wage slip and I'm sure he will right down a few imaginary hours to be paid extra, This is not including all the police time, All for 110 quid of herb, On top of that if he pleads guilty, He will get a slap on the wrist and walk, He will not pay for costs because in truth who does?

People who argue that cannabis should remain illegal, Keep an eye on this case to see how much it costs the state each year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭poundapunnet

weed too! odd price for weed

I never know, are those values they give whole sale or retail?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

I never know, are those values they give whole sale or retail?

Without VAT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

That young lad also got stung by the tabloids for posting loads of racist stuff on his Facebook page.

Young lad would need to cop himself on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Just curious but any idea what kind of phone nidge had in the car towards the end of the episode?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

crazygeryy wrote: »
    Just curious but any idea what kind of phone nidge had in the car towards the end of the episode?

Might have been a Nokia Lumia.

regarding elmo's choice of car!
    However many people are afraid to make complaints against him because they are so fearful about the reputation of the gang.The mob is conscious of not displaying wealth and they travel around in a fleet of battered cars so as not to attract attention from gardai.

Hehelol wrote: »
    Surely to God at this stage Siobhan is missing the willy, bit unrealistic imo that they're not portraying this in any of the episodes.

on the contrary, since yer man got his head beaten in and turned into a retard he's become a born again sex pest. Id say the durty f*cker's trying to slip her his length at every given opportunity. she went out for two minutes to get some milk the last time and when she came back he was having a **** over some LIDL catalogue slipped through the door showing some bargain basement swimwear, the lad's mad for it. i'd say she wants the cops to look after him so it'll give her vajayjay a bit of a break.

"uhhhhh it's loike I kno who I am, but I don't know who I am, I just wanna keep puttin it up ye, ye kno wha i mean siobhan?"

But the writers have given us twists which despite what you say have not been widely predicted on this thread (disclaimer: as far as I can remember, obviously I have not trawled back over a hundred pages of posts) .

Lizzie being the one to whack Darren; Wayne not shopping the lads the other night. If posters here came up with those (or any of the other numerous twists) they too would probably be accused of looking into things too deeply, no?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

"uhhhhh it's loike I kno who I am, but I don't know who I am, I just wanna keep puttin it up ye, ye kno wha i mean siobhan?"

"Shake me cock like ya would a can of fizzy orange".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Ye reckon the boys stick to the script? op throw in their own bits?

But the writers have given us twists which despite what you say have not been widely predicted on this thread (disclaimer: as far as I can remember, obviously I have not trawled back over a hundred pages of posts) .

Lizzie being the one to whack Darren; Wayne not shopping the lads the other night. If posters here came up with those (or any of the other numerous twists) they too would probably be accused of looking into things too deeply, no?

its hardly a clever twist?! another person bites it and gets a bullet in the back of the head...it could've been nidge's missus or his feckin 9 year old kid at this stage that did it, the way they are picking each other off...that's all it is on a continuous loop, tit for tat murders (which is realistic in fairness) but it's hardly clever scripting that it would be someone other than the gang members themselves.

deise08 wrote: »
    Ye reckon the boys stick to the script? op throw in their own bits?

i hope so because if its improv tommy's got some serious problems

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Anyone think season 4 is a bit forgettable compared to the other 3, I certainly haven't been as gripped. Can't put my finger on why, perhaps its the pace or the lack of drama.

its hardly a clever twist?! another person bites it and gets a bullet in the back of the head...it could've been nidge's missus or his feckin 9 year old kid at this stage that did it, the way they are picking each other off...that's all it is on a continuous loop, tit for tat murders (which is realistic in fairness) but it's hardly clever scripting that it would be someone other than the gang members themselves.

So, what you're saying is.......they aren't writing in any real twists so don't waste time speculating?

I disagree in any case. Lizzie offing Darren was a major twist, they weren't just gangster number 1 versus gangster number 2. Lizzie was wet for him all series sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Benteke

lufties wrote: »
    Anyone think season 4 is a bit forgettable compared to the other 3, I certainly haven't been as gripped. Can't put my finger on why, perhaps its the pace or the lack of drama.

Season 3 started of with a bang and it went from there, While season 4 is leading up to a big finale, I have enjoyed it, We're going into the final episode with many possibilities, I remember an interview with Stuart who mentioned that this season will be darker than ever, We have yet to see that, So I imagine we could end with a big wow moment and have us waiting for Season 5 the way they did with season 4

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Bacchus wrote: »
    But the RA didn't hire him. Dano did on the quiet. He couldn't go through his normal channels as word could have gotten back to Tony.

I dont think Dano arranged him, going by the exchange between Lizzie and Dano I would say Lizzie got him on Dano's ok.... see clip...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,340 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

lufties wrote: »

Not really. I think that's a case of looking back with rose tinted glasses to be honest. Season 1 was very inconsistent overall. Season 2 was better but the show only really took off towards the end of season 2 and the beginning of season 3 with the killing of John Boy and then the Siobhan rape/killing of Git. IMO of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Benteke wrote: »
    Season 3 started of with a bang and it went from there, While season 4 is leading up to a big finale, I have enjoyed it, We're going into the final episode with many possibilities, I remember an interview with Stuart who mentioned that this season will be darker than ever, We have yet to see that, So I imagine we could end with a big wow moment and have us waiting for Season 5 the way they did with season 4

Perhaps you are right, I reckon little warren be caught in a crossfire or kidnapped or something. Its obvious enough as they focused on him a lot more this season.

I suppose I preferred the pace of SE, I dont see the logic of having 5 mediocre episodes and one explosive at the end.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement