Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

big article in the star today about rte banning them from future press events etc because they have given away storylines.
    they claim the next character to be killed on sunday is wayne.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Pat Kenny will be interviewing Stuart Carolan on Newstalk in a few mins about next Sunday night's episode....
    Am listening to it on the net - it has skipped back to chat about Yasser Arafat. Anyone else having the same problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,025 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Am listening to it on the net - it has skipped back to chat about Yasser Arafat. Anyone else having the same problem?
    it's a little jumpy alright...jaysus you really get the impression pat does his homework...he may not always get it right but he certainly tries hard...as opposed to tubs and his wiki interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

No but mine is dropping buffering all the time

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭8mv

No but mine is dropping buffering all the time

The Live TV link works better

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

big article in the star today about rte banning them from future press events etc because they have given away storylines.
    they claim the next character to be killed on sunday is wayne.

They should add The Mirror to the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Total guess work here but does anybody think that if Fran finds out about Nidge and the petrol bombing that he might go after Nidges family and one of the kids gets killed?

8mv wrote: »
    The Live TV link works better

That was much better, cheers ;)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Bloody culchies :p

As a "culchie", I have no problem understanding the accents.

I have to say though, Aido's accent is possibly the worst of the lot of them, I can't stand it any time he opens his mouth to speak.
    gazzer wrote: »
    Total guess work here but does anybody think that if Fran finds out about Nidge and the petrol bombing that he might go after Nidges family and one of the kids gets killed?

I'd say so, its a common enough theory in the thread anyways, its been mentioned a good few times about Warren, and showing him and Nidge's relationship a bit more this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

Whatever the reasons, Darren suddenly went from being everyone's favourite to everyone's least favourite in season 3: afterall, the programme is called Love/Hate and a fine line divides the two.
    • To the IRA (Tony especially), the first impressions of Darren were of someone who did not show any respect whatsoever. He was indeed the man who actually did kill Git and Paddy, and also threw the pipe bomb at Git's/Dano's car outside the pub. Tony probably knew or implied most of this and believed Nidge.
    • To Nidge, Darren knew way too much: Tommy, Fran and Linda.
    • To Fran, Darren stood in his way of being Nidge's trusted lieutenant (his first step was to get close to Nidge and now he wants to take over from Nidge). Darren was not Coolaboola!
    • To Lizzie, Darren was a total disappointment and perhaps she was the most hurt of all.
    • To Dano, he was one of many who killed his father.
    • And Tommy was in a coma.

Darren had also murdered Fran's poor dog - Fran never got over that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 OguchiOneywu

Quick question about the ads for episode 6 :
    The ad seems to imply Nidge cuts Fran out of the drug importing deal. Does this mean the cops don't catch them and they get away with it?

Also I couldn't believe the Star had an article last week about what character would be killed off in episode 5. Even had it labeled "the Star can reveal". Why would anyone want to read that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

I've been thinking about Siobhan and the cops. So she knows Nidge knocked seven shades out of Tommys hamster cage, but, will the writer be cruel and let Siobhans character know why Nidge bet the crap out of Tommy :confused:

I've been thinking about Siobhan and the cops. So she knows Nidge knocked seven shades out of Tommys hamster cage, but, will the writer be cruel and let Siobhans character know why Nidge bet the crap out of Tommy :confused:

You almost sound like you'd like to see her protected?

She's living with a gangster, knows only too well the type he hangs with & was only too willing to shag Dazzler while Tommy was playing the dying vegetable in hospital. She's no saint and no more than Trish she's very happy to enjoy the proceeds of crime in her top class pad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

She's living with a gangster, knows only too well the type he hangs with & was only too willing to shag Dazzler while Tommy was playing the dying vegetable in hospital. She's no saint and no more than Trish she's very happy to enjoy the proceeds of crime in her top class pad.

Don't see where you got that from about me :confused:

I was wondering will they use that angle or just forget about it, it'd give Siobhan another reason to cry.

Lads im half wondering if
    either of Keith Duffy, the securicor driver or perhaps even both are undercover cops??

I think there could be a surprise in there somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

Lads im half wondering if
    either of Keith Duffy, the securicor driver or perhaps even both are undercover cops??

I think there could be a surprise in there somewhere

Well, I was severely mocked for somewhat similar speculation a few pages back! Lets see what feedback you get.

Side issue - we surely don't need spoiler tags now for pure speculation do we?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Thank christ that this week seems to have flown in... Cannot wait to see how this ends out.

I thought this was not up to the standard of last season, too much in it and too much to tie up in one episode. If this season had maybe 8 or 10 episodes, I could understand being where we are now. But with the next episode being the finale, I can't understand why so much was crammed into the proceeding 5 episodes and so much was left to tie up in only 1 episode.

Despite what others say, I have a feeling the dreaded "To Be Continued" could be used after Sunday's episode. A cliff-hanger ending will probably see me pitch my telly over the balcony... :o

Imhof Tank wrote: »
    Well, I was severely mocked for somewhat similar speculation a few pages back! Lets see what feedback you get.

Side issue - we surely don't need spoiler tags now for pure speculation do we?

:D:D Just in case im a descendent of Nostradamus.

FWIW i cant remember your post if your referring to the same two characters then i think its a perfectly feasible prediction. Nothing wrong with it at all.

If people disagree with me sure look they are entitled to their opinion but it would seem to me to have merit in it. I mean it would be very similar to the opening scene in Episode 2 with Ciaran buying drugs.

DazMarz wrote: »
    Thank christ that this week seems to have flown in... Cannot wait to see how this ends out.

I thought this was not up to the standard of last season, too much in it and too much to tie up in one episode. If this season had maybe 8 or 10 episodes, I could understand being where we are now. But with the next episode being the finale, I can't understand why so much was crammed into the proceeding 5 episodes and so much was left to tie up in only 1 episode.

Despite what others say, I have a feeling the dreaded "To Be Continued" could be used after Sunday's episode. A cliff-hanger ending will probably see me pitch my telly over the balcony... :o

OHH CHRIST i hope not. I hate that term. I actually find it very hard to wait almost 12 months for the next series of Love/hate as it is so TBC would really put the cocktat in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Birdie Num Num

OHH CHRIST i hope not. I hate that term. I actually find it very hard to wait almost 12 months for the next series of Love/hate as it is so TBC would really put the cocktat in it.

Wouldn't surprise me if it did. Along with an appearance by Westlife. Think they should wrap it up quick before it sinks to pure muck. Have been a fan but think it is really slipping in this series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,855 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Why did Nidge whollop Tommy again?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭CaptainFreedom

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Why did Nidge whollop Tommy again?

Cos he had succeeded in scoring with Georgina (Danos wife), where Nidge had failed

Wouldn't surprise me if it did. Along with an appearance by Westlife. Think they should wrap it up quick before it sinks to pure muck. Have been a fan but think it is really slipping in this series.

I think the reaction to a man who has already previously acted such as Keith Duffy is way OTT. Personally i think he blended in well as the gym instructor because given the mans physique he is perfect for that role.

The drama has been slow paced this season no doubt but i wouldnt go as far as saying it has been poor. Last season was hard to top. It was epic end to end stuff.

I think the reaction to a man who has already previously acted such as Keith Duffy is way OTT. Personally i think he blended in well as the gym instructor because given the mans physique he is perfect for that role.

The drama has been slow paced this season no doubt but i wouldnt go as far as saying it has been poor. Last season was hard to top. It was epic end to end stuff.

It's not just the Keith Duffy appearance. It's become very predictable, the end of each episode is the same format. Some good music but just too samey each week. I'd swear I saw some repeat footage of Dog fighting used, but I could be wrong. Then you have RTE overselling it or selling off the back of it at every available moment. I'll still watch tomorrow night but wouldn't be so pushed about tuning in for a new series.

I'll still watch tomorrow night.

Sunday night, obviously.

It's not just the Keith Duffy appearance. It's become very predictable, the end of each episode is the same format. Some good music but just too samey each week. I'd swear I saw some repeat footage of Dog fighting used, but I could be wrong. Then you have RTE overselling it or selling off the back of it at every available moment. I'll still watch tomorrow night but wouldn't be so pushed about tuning in for a new series.

Still a decent show in my opinion. Becoming a victim of its own success id reckon. S3 was so epic that its hard to ever capture those heights again.

Still a decent show in my opinion. Becoming a victim of its own success id reckon. S3 was so epic that its hard to ever capture those heights again.

No doubt, anyhow, enjoy. I've had my say, I'll zip it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Top class pad? She's living down by Sheriff Street for God's sake.

What with the property crash an' all, she's probably even in negative equity, the poor divil ;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

DazMarz wrote: »

I think it will end with a 'to be continued'.

I think season 4 is every bit as good as the other seasons but Darren is very much missed in it. His character was vital to a lot in it and it would have be interesting to see him sitting on the fence between Nidge and Fran.

I think that not everything will be wrapped up Sunday. Some issues are planted for already confirmed next series. Here are my predictions (may or may not be right but I'm sure some will turn out quite like this!):

-Nidge and Fran will survive. But will not be allies.
    -Some other major character will be bumped off. Tommy maybe? Or Trish or Warren as previously mentioned: Fran's ultimate revenge for Linda? Or who says it has to be Fran? I have a feeling we haven't heard the last from Lizzie.
    -The cops will get someone but there may be no evidence on Nidge or Fran. But Ado or Elmo could end up arrested.
    -The dentist could go either way: he could be the cops spy on Nidge/Fran or Nidge's/Fran's spy on the cops! Or a bit of both.
    -Tony and the IRA could become a problem for Nidge again if IRA arms are located by the cops!
    -A massive war with traveller gangs was just started by Nidge last week. This will involve Fran as well and will more likely than not run into series 5 and feed into the Fran v Nidge rivalry. Fran obviously has close links with travellers but he no more than Nidge would be happy about Paddy the Pipe Bomb Maker but they could do an unorthodox deal!
    -Fran v Noelie is also bound to continue with more violent fights and Noelie could become a Nidge associate.
    -Tommy will remember more and more and will be told by cops, Fran and Siobhan about Nidge. This is why he could be a dead man walking! We only have to look at the Nidge/Wayne hit on the Paddy the Pipebomber to see what lengths Nidge will go to prevent harmful secrets from coming out.
    -Trish and Janet's love for Nidge could turn to hate! Who knows what they'd do. Another Lizzie anybody?
    -I go along with what others have said that there is an undercover cop among the new characters introduced. Clearly, it is not the dentist (a sleazy man who blows all his money on prostitutes and excess drinking as well as drugs, then gets into trouble with Nidge and then sees crime as his saviour), it's not Wayne either (his cat killing, background and eagerness to go along with Nidge show us he is an up and coming Nidge and not a cop). But it could be the security van driver (not the tiger kidnap family one but the other one who Nidge thinks he owns that was again in last week's episode), Keith Duffy, the security guards guarding the dentist's warehouse, or the new girl employed in the dentist office.
    -Episode six will feature the following: a shootout possibly between either Nidge and the travellers or the gang and the cops, a violent fight between the Nidge/Fran/Tommy trio, some arrests, a double crossing by Nidge on Fran and a surprise character coming back and doing a dastardly act (Lizzie would be the one I'd predict somehow) that will succeed in doing something to Nidge that Fran actually tried to do but failed to do. The episode I think will have the feel of series 4 episode 4 and series 3 finale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

I think it will end with a 'to be continued'.

I think season 4 is every bit as good as the other seasons but Darren is very much missed in it. His character was vital to a lot in it and it would have be interesting to see him sitting on the fence between Nidge and Fran.

I think that not everything will be wrapped up Sunday. Some issues are planted for already confirmed next series. Here are my predictions (may or may not be right but I'm sure some will turn out quite like this!):

-Nidge and Fran will survive. But will not be allies.
    -Some other major character will be bumped off. Tommy maybe? Or Trish or Warren as previously mentioned: Fran's ultimate revenge for Linda? Or who says it has to be Fran? I have a feeling we haven't heard the last from Lizzie.
    -The cops will get someone but there may be no evidence on Nidge or Fran. But Ado or Elmo could end up arrested.
    -The dentist could go either way: he could be the cops spy on Nidge/Fran or Nidge's/Fran's spy on the cops! Or a bit of both.
    -Tony and the IRA could become a problem for Nidge again if IRA arms are located by the cops!
    -A massive war with traveller gangs was just started by Nidge last week. This will involve Fran as well and will more likely than not run into series 5 and feed into the Fran v Nidge rivalry. Fran obviously has close links with travellers but he no more than Nidge would be happy about Paddy the Pipe Bomb Maker but they could do an unorthodox deal!
    -Fran v Noelie is also bound to continue with more violent fights and Noelie could become a Nidge associate.
    -Tommy will remember more and more and will be told by cops, Fran and Siobhan about Nidge. This is why he could be a dead man walking! We only have to look at the Nidge/Wayne hit on the Paddy the Pipebomber to see what lengths Nidge will go to prevent harmful secrets from coming out.
    -Trish and Janet's love for Nidge could turn to hate! Who knows what they'd do. Another Lizzie anybody?
    -I go along with what others have said that there is an undercover cop among the new characters introduced. Clearly, it is not the dentist (a sleazy man who blows all his money on prostitutes and excess drinking as well as drugs, then gets into trouble with Nidge and then sees crime as his saviour), it's not Wayne either (his cat killing, background and eagerness to go along with Nidge show us he is an up and coming Nidge and not a cop). But it could be the security van driver (not the tiger kidnap family one but the other one who Nidge thinks he owns that was again in last week's episode), Keith Duffy, the security guards guarding the dentist's warehouse, or the new girl employed in the dentist office.
    -Episode six will feature the following: a shootout possibly between either Nidge and the travellers or the gang and the cops, a violent fight between the Nidge/Fran/Tommy trio, some arrests, a double crossing by Nidge on Fran and a surprise character coming back and doing a dastardly act (Lizzie would be the one I'd predict somehow) that will succeed in doing something to Nidge that Fran actually tried to do but failed to do. The episode I think will have the feel of series 4 episode 4 and series 3 finale.

God that was a lot to be keeping in. bet you're glad to have all that out of your system :)
    roll on Sunday!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement