Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

mrbrown69 banned for a month for spoilers. If what he said doesn't transpire, I'll reduce it to a week for trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,026 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Ah fuuuuuuuuck.....just opened my mail and saw a dirty big spoiler.... Tell me some cvnt didn't post a significant spoiler here and it was a joke?????

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Kikin

Now my post got deleted, what is going on??

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

It's a spoiler. People here don't want to know what happens in the finale.

The last poster got banned for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Kikin

So I did read it correctly, anyway I wouldn't agree that's a spoiler if the episode hasn't aired yet and nobody can confirm for sure

• Advertisement

The love/hate crew arent keeping things under wraps enough this season. That said i would recommend that everyone that is disgusted by the spoliers leaked should boycott any media responsible from this day on. Time to hit back at the spoil sports

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

I avoided ads, papers, interviews so that I wouldn't know anything about Sundays episode only to be told by someone in work, I brushed it off as just rumours or whatever and then went to buy lunch and its splashed across the front page of one of the papers! So annoyed!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 pollypob

I love the way certain papers or sites blatantly tell you we can reveal etc etc and then say things like this will be a big shock viewers will not see it coming !
    Well well done clearly they will now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

The tabloid spoilers are terrible and ruin the suspense. I don't know where they get the info from but it is hard to avoid seeing the Mirror, the Star, etc. have all these headlines about Love/Hate on the first page.

The tabloid spoilers are terrible and ruin the suspense. I don't know where they get the info from but it is hard to avoid seeing the Mirror, the Star, etc. have all these headlines about Love/Hate on the first page.
    I know it is very hard to avoid. If thst are going to spoil it for everyone with their big reveals ( which I suppose is what they do) they really should refrain from making stupid comments like viewers will not see this coming when they have made sure that if their spoiler proves to be correct that the element of surprise is very obviously gone

• Advertisement

They should refrain from pretending it's still going to be a surprise for viewers that's kind of kicking you while down

TheTrain wrote: »
    This is how I that press release looks to me...

Eamon Dunphy's wife's commitment to bland and derivative navel-gazing blah drones on and on with a lifeless new serial MEH, a four part drama set in Dublin's gangland.

Written by [interchangeable monologue-ridden Irish playwright] and starring [well-known actor’s sons] the series also features a GOLDEN WAVE.

When shouting in a kitchen ignites the tensions in a small-time drug gang, family, friends and community must live with more shouting in a kitchen.

Sometimes life is full of grey, paceless standing around with pained expressions because of the RELEVANT, MEANINGFULNESS ISSUES - especially if you and your friends are in gangland.

Gangland!

Its a long time since this 'dismissal' :D

Fran giving away a bit too much today.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,026 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Kikin wrote: »
    So I did read it correctly, anyway I wouldn't agree that's a spoiler if the episode hasn't aired yet and nobody can confirm for sure

Don't come back til Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Where?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Sunglasses Ron

I think it will end with a 'to be continued'.

I think season 4 is every bit as good as the other seasons but Darren is very much missed in it. His character was vital to a lot in it and it would have be interesting to see him sitting on the fence between Nidge and Fran.

Is he ****.

This is the first series I have found to be entirely realistic, thanks mainly to the absence of Gorgeous George, his look just did not fit into the subculture the show portrays. People seem to be moaning there is not enough "action" it has always been fairly true to life, the show, and the last two or so years have seen a lower amount of gangland killings than prior years.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,897 ✭✭✭✭Basq

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Watching back on Season 3, I really hate what they have done to Tommys character and I can confirm, that even at the very first episode of season 3, Danno had the same facial expression. Impressive stuff from him to keep it up for so long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

I don't mind where they went with Tommy tbh, it's good to see violence actually mean something with real consequences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Think I shall avoid this and other threads until 10.30 Sunday night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I don't mind where they went with Tommy tbh, it's good to see violence actually mean something with real consequences.

Do you mean the violence in previous years meant nothing and had no consequences? (despite numerous deaths)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

kryogen wrote: »
    Do you mean the violence in previous years meant nothing and had no consequences? (despite numerous deaths)

Hold the phone!!! Looks like kryogens about to make a point!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

I mean in the sense that how many times have we seen a tv character get the **** kicked out of him only to make a full recovery?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

As regards the paper spoilers, Pat Stacey ( a reviewer I respect) complained today how preview copies of Love / Hate are withheld from reviewers unlike other Irish or UK shows. "Fort Knox like security" was used in regards to RTE secrecy which is new to me.
    What we do have is a cabal of TV journos cooking up the same plausible crap as we do every week. There wasn't a single "exclusive" revealed in the papers that hasn't been discussed here as a possible outcome of season 4 leading into 5. They get their headlines and a paycheque. We get torrential abuse for being net maggots. Dublin is a small town - the people who make Love/Hate eat and drink in the same pubs as those that critique it. Not too hard to plant a story about a season yet to be made never mind aired.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Think I shall avoid this and other threads until 10.30 Sunday night.

I've been avoiding it all week and giving the tabloids less than the cursory glance they deserve. Trouble is I'm on my touch phone and when I go to scroll past the blackened over parts sometimes my humongus fu*cking thumb opens the spoiler by mistake! (The same thumb has been responsible for thanking posts i don't agree with and opening ads I'm not one bit interested in.)

I'm finding series 4 really watchable - I love surprises - now I'm removing my thumb...

...from this discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Ravanelli

Is he ****.

This is the first series I have found to be entirely realistic, thanks mainly to the absence of Gorgeous George, his look just did not fit into the subculture the show portrays. People seem to be moaning there is not enough "action" it has always been fairly true to life, the show, and the last two or so years have seen a lower amount of gangland killings than prior years.

What was so unrealistic about Darren?

Seriously?

People involved in gangland are all overweight and dress like povers (Aido, Elmo, fella intimidating the Garda etc)?

Not the case...

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭crybaby

Think the story of Nidge turning into a stressed out paranoid mess has been excellent but was spoiled by him trying to murder someone by banging on their door to let them know what was coming. I just can't see the logic from a writing perspective on why the character would do something so stupid. Why would he not just let Wayne sneak up on him from behind when he leaves his workshop? Wayne's character seems a bit ripped off from The Wire as well.

I do think Darren was turning into a bit of a superman character in season 3 and was the right move to have him killed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Ravanelli wrote: »
    What was so unrealistic about Darren?

Seriously?

People involved in gangland are all overweight and dress like povers (Aido, Elmo, fella intimidating the Garda etc)?

Not the case...

I agree....in my day I knew loads of beautiful tanned young men who were into that kind of life. Granted it was rare for them to be a total sweetheart too but bit impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,621 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I just wonder what the RTE website will chat about when tonights series finishes.

LH has kept the websites and papers in Ireland filled for the last few months.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

The day is here now . Im setting myself up to be disappointed though .
    Every episode in this series was a bit tame and from the first one I said to myself that its all going to kick off next week but it never really did . .
    He has so many things going on that tonights show would want to be 3 hrs long to wrap it all up

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement