Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭nicedryturf

Yeah...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    When we look back at Love/Hate in a few years Season 4 will be seen as the worst I reckon. ****e ending to a pointless season.

You haven't seen the 1st series then have you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Terrible episode, and overall not a good season, last season from the opening episode there was such tension after the RA lad got done,each episode was a "what will happen next". This is season, nothing happened,badly done Garda plot line, two characters no one gave a crap about were killed off today,one which didnt make that much sense.

After a decent episode last week (the only one this season) it seemed set up for a nidge v fran finale because of the guy nidge tried to kill, but he fecked off,didnt inform fran, yet still a didvie happens between fran and nidge, really out of nowhere. The reason why there would be a divide was set up last week, it wasnt used, but still somehow they get a minor divide from nothing.

Bad writing, big fan of last season and season 2, season 1 was average, but I think the pressure to deliver on a hit was too much, not a very good 6 episodes at all

Was that final scene the one we've been hearing about for ages, the one where TVL got standing ovation from all crew afterwards as it was so powerful etc etc?!

His aim at that milk was top drawer to be honest.

Honestly though why would a cop shop have milk delivered to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Miccoli

Completely ripped off the ending from underbelly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

I thought he wanted an alibi for something he arranged, until he started tearing the shite out of his chest that was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭Icsics

Utter crap ending, am sorry now I didn't watch Downton! Seems they're only interested in setting it up for S5 & selling box sets. Pipe bomb story a red herring, they're saving it for next yr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Poor ending to a very average season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

They ran outta ideas i'm afraid, the season was disjointed throughout, with a very poor finale.

Will need a complete re vamp in season 5.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

I don't understand, why could they all get off??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Stooped

The cat's probably laughing up in Pet Heaven

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Pen.Island wrote: »
    this is my first series watching and missed first half of last weeks.

What happened with the traveller guy? Why was he considering going to england?

Aah come on now .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Trying to be too fancy with that ending to be honest. Guess they've guaranteed themselves a fifth season with it though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 447 ✭✭Pen.Island

Why did they bring Nidge in at the warehouse and then let him go again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Never thought I'd be glad to see Brendan O'Carroll

• Registered Users Posts: 9,806 ✭✭✭take everything

Oh Jesus Christ, Mrs Brown's boys. Where' the remote. Where the fcuk is the remote!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

That series patronisied a very loyal fan base.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

For me the ending is about Nidge feeling invincible and so goes and pisses on the nearest garda doorstep because he can't be touched (in his eyes) - Season 5 we'll see a different Nidge who thinks he's the messiah!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

quarryman wrote: »
    You haven't seen the 1st series then have you?

:rolleyes:

I have yeh - I enjoyed it a lot more than Season 4 even though the budget must have been tiny in comparison.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 447 ✭✭Pen.Island

realies wrote: »
    Aah come on now .

What?

I know that he made a pipe bomb that killed someone of nidges orders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

padma wrote: »
    Whats with the start driving through the alright looking housing estate with one boarded up house as if you were driving through Southill or something.

I think its Fran's old house which Nidge pipe-bombed in Season 2

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Rory1

well, it explains why rte were advertising the pre-order purchasing of this season. RTE hoping people would buy it before it got out how **** it was.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

I just found the entire show online :)

Back to episode one I go

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭fiacha

Enjoyed the opening sequence with a great song choice (Oh Well by Fleetwood Mac I think).
    It all went downhill after that.

I assume Nidge ran to the Garda station to get locked up so he'd be out of Frans reach. As much as I love Frans character, I've no interest in seeing what happens in the next season.

Overall a poorly written but well hyped season.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I disagree with lots of the posts. It was still an amazing series. Jut confused by the end. Was it just a F you to the cops by Nidge? Or maybe series 5 will be a direct continuation and this will be his alibi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Happyman42 wrote: »
    That series patronisied a very loyal fan base.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭ULMarc

In a way I'm glad the season has ended and that I don't have to endure another episode. It feels like it was dragged out for all six episodes. It seems to have no purpose apart from preluding season five.

Episode 5 had a promising ending. Then tonight they take out the dust pan and brush and tidy the mess again!

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

I took it as nidge sticking 2 fingers up to the guards. He knew they wanted him on something big. They messed up their chance so he decided to piss them off by making them catch him on something stupid & small that they can't hold him for long on.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

As season finales go, that was shockingly poor. A whole six episodes wasted on pointless storylines that went absolutely no where. Totally ****e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

padma wrote: »

Whats with the start driving through the alright looking housing estate with one boarded up house as if you were driving through Southill or something.

Pipe bomb maker's house, throwing Nidge and the lads off the scent for their 2nd attempt

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement