Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,704 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Not a single mention or reference to the young lad getting killed. Do we infer that he was shot by his mate because his mate didn't approve of getting slagged over his wheelie skills?

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭IanOBo

Am I the only one who thought it was very good?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

Really enjoyed that, big fuuck you to the Guards, we rarely get to see Nidge letting loose like that. Looking forward to next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

FearDark wrote: »
    I don't understand, why could they all get off??
    Beacause they wern't found with the drugs. Were you not watching?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭PM_

Why was a Tommy looking at the window before he fell?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭small town girl

Do you think Cillian will go on a Dano type revenge episode next season... "loike, do you goys know where my dadgh is"?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Hitchens

the writers have run out of ideas or money.....or both :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

HiGlo wrote: »
    I took it as nidge sticking 2 fingers up to the guards. He knew they wanted him on something big. They messed up their chance so he decided to piss them off by making them catch him on something stupid & small that they can't hold him for long on.....

Thought it was more to do with him wanting to feel like it was in a prison cell for a couple of hours to extend the pleasure of coming with 10 mins og going in for 20 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

fiacha wrote: »
    Enjoyed the opening sequence with a great song choice (Oh Well by Fleetwood Mac I think).
    It all went downhill after that.

The musical montages at the beginning and end of every episode are formulaic and tedious.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,340 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I disagree with lots of the posts. It was still an amazing series. Jut confused by the end. Was it just a F you to the cops by Nidge? Or maybe series 5 will be a direct continuation and this will be his alibi.

Yeah think it was just a big F you to the cops with the story to be continued in series 5.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

PM_ wrote: »

Because he's fooked in the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,629 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Leaves next series open to pretty much get rid of anyone they want including Nidge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Pen.Island wrote: »
    What?

I know that he made a pipe bomb that killed someone of nidges orders.
    IvaBigWun wrote: »
    I just found the entire show online :)

Back to episode one I go

There ya go.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Poor series finale. It feels like there should be another two or three episodes, it leaves everything up in the air and there's zero resolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Exactly what the producers would have wanted - total confusion.

We'll be talking about it until the premiere next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

HiGlo wrote: »
    I took it as nidge sticking 2 fingers up to the guards. He knew they wanted him on something big. They messed up their chance so he decided to piss them off by making them catch him on something stupid & small that they can't hold him for long on.....

Doesn't explain him tearing at his chest?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

There was a can of fizzy orange on the window sill

Stooped wrote: »
    I don't get the ending

Nidge's arrogance is maybe growing. He is starting to believe he is invincible. He has the IRA off his back. The cops cant pin him and he trusts Fran far too much. Thus it sets up next season for the fall. I think Deano and Carlo are getting fed up of Frano and his sickness too.

I like the ending to be honest. It sets up series 5 in many possible avenues.

1. The pipebomb making traveller
    2. The cops more determined then ever to pin Nidge
    3. Siobhan turning state witness
    4. A possible backlash from Lizzy for Wayne's murder?
    5. Tony the RA leader possibly coming back into it
    6. Ramifications from Debbies death?

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭blackvalley

Anyone figure 1 / why young lad was set up and shot at rubbish bins
    2 / Why cops moved on warehouse before shipmant arrived

confused !:confused:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

FearDark wrote: »
    I don't understand, why could they all get off??

The only evidence was on the truck so the driver was going down for that if they can prove he knew what was on board. And with the dentist dead there's no witnesses to finger Nidge and the boys.

*Puts on Sex Pistols*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

I haven't been this disappointed since the last episode of Lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,553 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

6 episodes is just not enough anymore to tell the story, even the shortest US seasons (GOT) are 10 episodes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

walshb wrote: »
    Not a single mention or reference to the young lad getting killed. Do we infer that he was shot by his mate because his mate didn't approve of getting slagged over his wheelie skills?

He was killed because he was the only one who knew Nidge wanted the traveller killed.

If he was killed because of the wheelie, why do you think Elmo, dropped him off just as the kid pulled upon the bike and then watched it all and drove off? It was blatantly obvious for anyone paying the least bit of attention

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Nidge's arrogance is maybe growing. He is starting to believe he is invincible. He has the IRA off his back. The cops cant pin him and he trusts Fran far too much. Thus it sets up next season for the fall. I think Deano and Carlo are getting fed up of Frano and his sickness too.

I like the ending to be honest. It sets up series 5 in many possible avenues.

1. The pipebomb making traveller
    2. The cops more determined then ever to pin Nidge
    3. Siobhan turning state witness
    4. A possible backlash from Lizzy for Wayne's murder?
    5. Tony the RA leader possibly coming back into it
    6. Ramifications from Debbies death?

Won't lizzy be locked up for beating the crap out of the motorist?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Anyone figure 1 / why young lad was set up and shot at rubbish bins
    2 / Why cops moved on warehouse before shipmant arrived

confused !:confused:

He knew about the traveller and Tommy was going to choke on his own blood.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Joe the Plumber

padma wrote: »
    They've really made an absolute bollick of that, In all fairness that was pretty crap a whole 6 episode build up to this 9 stone clown in a cell like a juvenile. The most unbelievable gangster portrayed on tv.

Whats with the start driving through the alright looking housing estate with one boarded up house as if you were driving through Southill or something.

The boarded up house was belong to the pipe bomb maker that he tried to kill last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Now let's see how many people are up in arms tomorrow about a child being shot dead in broad daylight instead of a ****ing cat.
    ****e end to the series by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I disagree with lots of the posts. It was still an amazing series. Jut confused by the end. Was it just a F you to the cops by Nidge? Or maybe series 5 will be a direct continuation and this will be his alibi.

I'd imagine it was just an F you to the cops, I'm sure they can only hold him for a few hours for pissing on the milk.

Think a lot of this series was about Nidge's paranoia which was evident again tonight in him clipping Wayne and the next series may be Nidge thinking he's untouchable, afraid of nobody. Think we'll see an even more evil Nidge next year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

A clumsy attempt to build tension.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 447 ✭✭Pen.Island

Exactly what the producers would have wanted - total confusion.

We'll be talking about it until the premiere next year.

Nah.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement