Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Wayne getting shot was played down could have been a lot violent.

To be fair a lot happened in this episode but it was all pointless really.

How did they fit the dentist in the suitcase and fixed Frans teeth??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Great final scene, but not for the series we just watched. It had nothing to do with what went before, and it was totally out of character for Nidge.

Why did Wayne get shot? Because he laughed at the kid who fell off his bike?

I was expecting that the whole dentist smuggling thing was a decoy, and that the real shipment was coming in elsewhere, especially when he brought Tommy in on it. But no, he was actually using Tommy for real, even after the ****up with the tiger kidnapping. Not exactly security conscious.

The previous seasons were tightly plotted and self-contained - this one wasn't as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,354 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Poor series finale. It feels like there should be another two or three episodes, it leaves everything up in the air and there's zero resolution.

Surely that's the whole point at the end of a series where there's another series to come :confused:

I thought it was great myself - a few continuity errors, a few non-believable bits, but overall great twists and turns that no-one I've read hear or elsewhere guessed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

The poor dentist got the canal root treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭SmurfX

So the Tommy/Siobhan situation is where it was in Episode 1 and the only development across the season is Siobhan changing from sort of wanting to grass on Nidge to definitely wanting.

The Nidge/Fran tension went from being established in episode 1 to mildly increasing and nothing else really happening with it.

The Nidge love triangle is just there as it was.

Debbie played no sort of role of importance and just seemed to have been drafted into this season so they had some previous cast member to kill?

The IRA business was wrapped up fine and the Nidge escalating stress situation is going ok but otherwise almost everything this season has done has been really conservative and with another season in mind. Love/Hate was always great because it took no half measures with its characters and the worst case scenario often panned out with nobody safe.
    This was just weird, nothing of significance happened for nidge or the cops here. They both failed to get what they wanted out of the event and neither suffered any sort of serious consequences from it. Felt like a mid-season plot teasing something dramatic but then reeling it in for later.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Anyone figure 1 / why young lad was set up and shot at rubbish bins
    2 / Why cops moved on warehouse before shipmant arrived

confused !:confused:

1. he knew too much
    2. Tommy was about to croak

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

I think its Fran's old house which Nidge pipe-bombed in Season 2

:confused::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

walshb wrote: »
    Not a single mention or reference to the young lad getting killed. Do we infer that he was shot by his mate because his mate didn't approve of getting slagged over his wheelie skills?

Elmo didn't react to it, even thoguh it happened 20 metres from his car.

So I assume Nidge paid the young fella's mate, to kill him, because he was involved in the attempted killing of the pipebomb maker, and knew too much.

Doubt it had anything at all to do with the slagging for the wheelie! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

The boarded up house was belong to the pipe bomb maker that he tried to kill last week.

Aaah I see, but wasn't the next scene clip of him chatting to his pal out the back of that house???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

The dentist finally got his route canal treatment

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Evelyn Cusack

I've been saying it, this whole series is just gonna be a device to introduce a fantastic next series, which would be OK if it was in January but if we have to wait another year it has been a very unrewarding experience.

But yeah, nidge thinks he's invincible now, all out war with Fran next season

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

padma wrote: »
    Aaah I see, but wasn't the next scene clip of him chatting to his pal out the back of that house???

Back of his mates house...sure he said he couldn't go back to the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭skirtgirl

I thought it was a brilliant finale. My heart was in my mouth for the whole episode. Please god il be here to see it next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

I thought that sas a great episode and Nidge going mental by trying to show the cops he isn't fraid when obviously hes bricking it. And you know Nidge is worried when he goes riding like that.

"what goes around , comes around" series 5 Fran Nidge war. Can't wait.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

The cop should have let the shipment arrive at the warehouse and have nidge caught with it red handed. Did he bottle it just because he did not want to see Tommy die? Poor move....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

laugh wrote: »
    Doesn't explain him tearing at his chest?

He's showing them there nothing they can do to him, that he can inflict more pain on himself than they ever will. Native Americans had rituals where they would self-mutilate to show their strength, reminded me of that. Nidge'll be out in a few days, he doesn't give a sit about them. Feel bad for Aido, I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,704 ✭✭✭✭walshb

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    If he was killed because of the wheelie

People have been shot for less than that.

Anyway, glad you were so attentive.

Thank god for Boardwalk Empire.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭SmurfX

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Surely that's the whole point at the end of a series where there's another series to come :confused:

You'd expect them to wrap up certain plot threads and throw in some gamechanger to shake things up for the next season. They didn't really do either and that it doesn't make logical sense for them to end the season here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

His aim at that milk was top drawer to be honest.

Honestly though why would a cop shop have milk delivered to it?

How quick were they out when the milk was getting pissed on, but nobody bothered taking it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

The acting by Fran in the dentist's house was Oscar winning stuff!

• Advertisement

Won't lizzy be locked up for beating the crap out of the motorist?

Maybe she'll grow a network of willing contacts on the inside though?

I really do believe Lizzie has a huge part to play in Love/Hate yet. Though i wonder if the rumoured 'prison series' will be a Wentworth type spinoff with Lizzie as main lead?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Zascar wrote: »
    The cop should have let the shipment arrive at the warehouse and have nidge caught with it red handed. Did he bottle it just because he did not want to see Tommy die? Poor move....

That would have went down well in the court...guards watching a man die and doing nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭GoodBridge

Nidge warned Keith "Alright Buddies" Duffy about what would happen if he couldn't pay... even if the place got raided or he got ripped off or whatever. Maybe Nidge is now in a similar position and wants to be in prison? Then again, he'd have just fooked off to Spain or whatever instead, wouldn't he? Not like he's broke and has nowhere else to go.

Maybe he just wants to get closer to the Gardai and see can he wrangle a couple of details out of one of them?

Maybe he's been under a lot of pressure lately now and, as bad as it is (losing shipment etc), he's just venting and/or celebrating not been caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

One giant CrimeCall reconstruction - Nidge V Gardai. Terribly little character and story development.

Poor Trish will definitely be signing on in the morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭loveta

Was it just me or was that one of the best anti climax finale s going???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Zascar wrote: »

They could hardly use the video evidence if some guy was dying and in need of medical care.

There's surely some law there, especially since Tommy is mentally unstable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Have to laugh at people turning on the entire series because they didn't understand the ending (not just here, but everywhere). The same happened with The Sopranos.

It was a fine ending. There's loads unresolved, which is what you want for a new series, plus they've set up the main character's mindset going into it all. The episode had loads going on, two of the series' main characters died sure. It wasn't their best episode (a victim of its own hype perhaps) but it was on par with most of what they've done. People will be satisfied in time and we'll all be back next year.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Well I'm reading that final scene as nidges grand declaration of war.
    Basically "you've had your go,my turn now"
    Combined with the closing song I think it makes sense.
    All out war next season , the gloves are off (I hope).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

MJ23 wrote: »
    The poor dentist got the canal root treatment.

Brilliant! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

:confused::confused::confused:
    Strange ending, maybe I'm stupid but I just didn't get the last scene. Wtf was the p1ssing on the milk and tearing his diddies off all about. And who ordered the hit on Wayne ? And the continuity errors - what was going on with Fran's teeth, now you see them, now you don't.

I liked the way Moynihan kept his word to Siobhan and saved Tommy. Although I didn't understand the last bit I think it is well set up for Season 5.
    Nidge will have Fran,the law and Siobhan all out to get him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement