Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

leggo wrote: »
    Have to laugh at people turning on the entire series because they didn't understand the ending (not just here, but everywhere). The same happened with The Sopranos.

It was a fine ending. There's loads unresolved, which is what you want for a new series, plus they've set up the main character's mindset going into it all. The episode had loads going on, two of the series' main characters died sure. It wasn't their best episode (a victim of its own hype perhaps) but it was on par with most of what they've done. People will be satisfied in time and we'll all be back next year.

Ye, it was because we didn't understand it. Would ye cop on. Before this episode it was a rubbish season, this ending just confirmed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

Zascar wrote: »
    The cop should have let the shipment arrive at the warehouse and have nidge caught with it red handed. Did he bottle it just because he did not want to see Tommy die? Poor move....
    And then Tommy die been recorded and watched by the cops. Surely the garda ombudsman would step in and Moniyhan would be sacked from the gaurds.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,340 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Have to laugh at people turning on the entire series because they didn't understand the ending (not just here, but everywhere). The same happened with The Sopranos.

It was a fine ending. There's loads unresolved, which is what you want for a new series, plus they've set up the main character's mindset going into it all. The episode had loads going on, two of the series' main characters died sure. It wasn't their best episode (a victim of its own hype perhaps) but it was on par with most of what they've done. People will be satisfied in time and we'll all be back next year.

I think people just expected to see some sort of Nidge v Fran showdown and it never happened. I think that is being saved for the next series when I'm guessing Nidge finds out that Fran killed the dentist and didn't tell him that the Guards were about to bust them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭mjv2ydratu679c

Jumped the shark

How quick were they out when the milk was getting pissed on, but nobody bothered taking it in.

Some laugh. Terry probably inputted into 'Pulse', "Nidge Delaney seeing outside 'x' Garda station pissing on our milk" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭alias06

Brilliant ending given that there is going to be another season. Can't wait for season 5.

I think people just expected to see some sort of Nidge v Fran showdown and it never happened. I think that is being saved for the next series.

Dead right too. Id rather a slow build-up to this then anything rushed.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Stooped

The slagging between Wayne and your other lad was just to build up tension between the pair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭TBP

Nidge's arrogance is maybe growing. He is starting to believe he is invincible. He has the IRA off his back. The cops cant pin him and he trusts Fran far too much. Thus it sets up next season for the fall. I think Deano and Carlo are getting fed up of Frano and his sickness too.

I like the ending to be honest. It sets up series 5 in many possible avenues.

[*]The pipebomb making traveller
      [*]The cops more determined then ever to pin Nidge

[*]Siobhan turning state witness
      [*]A possible backlash from Lizzy for Wayne's murder?
      [*]Tony the RA leader possibly coming back into it

[*]Ramifications from Debbies death?

So it'll probably be basically more of the same then?

Love/Hate is dieing a death now I'm afraid, they've run out of ideas.

1. Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

jos28 wrote: »
      :confused::confused::confused:
      Strange ending, maybe I'm stupid but I just didn't get the last scene. Wtf was the p1ssing on the milk and tearing his diddies off all about. And who ordered the hit on Wayne ? And the continuity errors - what was going on with Fran's teeth, now you see them, now you don't.

Good Christ

2. Advertisement
    3. Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭alias06

baldbear wrote: »
      And then Tommy die been recorded and watched by the cops. Surely the garda ombudsman would step in and Moniyhan would be sacked from the gaurds.

In fairness he only waited a minute before making the call to move on them all to save Tommy and he did it once it became clear Tommy was really in a bad way.

4. Registered Users Posts: 23,530 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Great final scene, but not for the series we just watched. It had nothing to do with what went before, and it was totally out of character for Nidge.

Why did Wayne get shot? Because he laughed at the kid who fell off his bike?

I was expecting that the whole dentist smuggling thing was a decoy, and that the real shipment was coming in elsewhere, especially when he brought Tommy in on it. But no, he was actually using Tommy for real, even after the ****up with the tiger kidnapping. Not exactly security conscious.

The previous seasons were tightly plotted and self-contained - this one wasn't as good.

Wayne was shot for his part in paddys failed killing. They had him on the ground looking for a gun that wasn't there.

5. Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Can't wait for next season when Nidge realises the dentist was squealing on him. And when the body is found he twigs that Fran knew and didn't tell him.

6. Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Very good point, only quibble that I had with it is that the 6 episode season format really doesn't do the show justice (or maybe I'm just spoiled by US style 13+ episode seasons).

7. Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Red21

ectoraige wrote: »
      Feel bad for Aido, I have to say.
      my heart bleeds for him

8. Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Ciaran_B wrote: »
      Can't wait for next season when Nidge realises the dentist was squealing on him. And when the body is found he twigs that Fran knew and didn't tell him.

Didn't even think of that tbh

9. Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Did Nidge get locked up as its the only place he can't be got ?
      I was thinking it got too much for him and he gets a simple lock up to avoid the RA, Fran and pipe bomb Patrick.

Basically its a retreat for him.

10. Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Kerryfootball

Very disappointed in that ending.
      I've watched that since day one 4 years ago and that was very poor.

11. Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

ciaran76 wrote: »
      Did Nidge get locked up as its the only place he can't be got ?
      I was thinking it got too much for him and he gets a simple lock up to avoid the RA, Fran and pipe bomb Patrick.

Basically its a retreat for him.

He'd only be locked up for pissing for a few hours, it was an act of defiance towards the cops

12. Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

Anti-climax

That's exactly what Trish was thinking

13. Advertisement
    14. Posts: 0 [Deleted User]

tvnutz wrote: »
      Ye, it was because we didn't understand it. Would ye cop on. Before this episode it was a rubbish season, this ending just confirmed it.

Many many plots in a given series dont conclude at the end of the season. We have become too accustomed to instant gratification with L/H.

I would just wish if RTE used common sense and given Octagon/Carolan the money for an extra few episodes or at least hopefully they'll show S5 early enough next year.

I'll stay tuned anyway. Its a brilliant show

15. Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

I think people were expecting a bomb to go off and kills all the main characters.

They can't just keep killing off people. It can be just as dramatic without that.

16. Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

1394471_657482797617395_505825183_n.jpg

17. Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

laugh wrote: »
      Doesn't explain him tearing at his chest?

He's nihilism personified. He's going to destroy everything around him, including himself.

18. Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Sandwlch

Asterisks everywhere with so many posters saying the ending was *****. I didnt see a single asterisk in it.
      I just thought it was a hell of a let down finale after a very good series.

19. Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭alias06

jos28 wrote: »
      :confused::confused::confused:
      Strange ending, maybe I'm stupid but I just didn't get the last scene. Wtf was the p1ssing on the milk and tearing his diddies off all about. And who ordered the hit on Wayne ?.

Was this nidge losing it from the stress of it all? His way of taking his anger out on the cops?

20. Registered Users Posts: 42 roise2000

Blay wrote: »
      He knew about the traveller and Tommy was going to choke on his own blood.
      Perhaps the pipe bomber arranged for the cat killer to be killed?? . Why would Nidge arrange to kill him because he knows too much. . It would be impossible for Nidge to keep it secret given that the pipe bomber is still alive and could tell the world that Nidge tried to kill him

21. Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

Where they have gone wrong in the overall plot is how they seem to be the only gang in town. It's like nidge and the lads took a big drop when johnboy was gone and the rebuilding of the gang has been a bit fractious, at that stage they could have introduced a rival set up and opened up a gang war but it has proceeded with no real direction.

1 shipment and they are making it out to be the drug supply of the whole of Dublin ffs. It's like a low to mid level drugs gang and in all honesty either they become bigger or the show stays sniffing around waiting for a drip feed of a few kilos every now and again.

22. Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

P.Walnuts wrote: »
      Good Christ

He has a point about Frans Teeth

23. Advertisement
    24. Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

I think people were expecting a bomb to go off and kills all the main characters.

They can't just keep killing off people. It can be just as dramatic without that.

I think people just wanted a solid thread for next season..even Nidge knowing that Fran knew about the guards and didn't tell him as someone said. Even having that this season instead of next would have placated people I think.

This discussion has been closed.
    Advertisement