Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,629 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I was expecting some reaction from Fran towards Nidge, thought he would try to rip off the truck, would have been a great twist if he robbed the truck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

That Lithuanian hooker was looking well all the same.

ted1 wrote: »
    Wayne was shot for his part in paddys failed killing. They had him on the ground looking for a gun that wasn't there.

Showing the disposable nature of young lads in gangs. Good writing.

Plastic bag scene on RTE +1 now. Up to now Dazzler shooting the couple was the most disturbing thing id seen on this series but i think that topped it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

Lapin wrote: »
    Outraged Limerick listeners on the phone to Joe tomorrow. :D

My bro in law mouthing on Facebook about it - hes from Limerick :)
    laugh wrote: »
    Is that her kinda dumping him?

You could tell a MILE away Nidge has feelings for her by the face on him
    Wish they'd stop saying 'gaffer'

Lol its like MOTD
    statesaver wrote: »
    jaysus, that was graphic

I couldnt look i blocked my ears and eyes- I love Fran and i couldnt watch it.
    stretchdoe wrote: »
    The plastic bag and the suitcase.

Body in a suitcase- so irish!!!
    ConorIRE wrote: »
    I thought that too when she was walking along the street :S

Actress is deffo preg - they didnt even try hide it
    Everyone was right about Nadine! Poor Aido :(

Lousey on him! i got some land when she said she got rid
    Stooped wrote: »
    I don't get the ending

Hubby thinks he was beatin himself in cell to make it look like guards hurt him

I think hes feeling so guilty about tommy/darren/ debbie..that he did anything to get into trouble*

* and a major finger to the irish justice system that u can be followed for month on drugs charges and get off- yet piss in public n ur in jail!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

roise2000 wrote: »
    Perhaps the pipe bomber arranged for the cat killer to be killed?? . Why would Nidge arrange to kill him because he knows too much. . It would be impossible for Nidge to keep it secret given that the pipe bomber is still alive and could tell the world that Nidge tried to kill him

Nidge did it to tidy up things...he was already familiar with Wayne's friend...was clearly his hit.

Patrick had nothing to do with it...you can tell by him that he hasn't a clue how to move forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

dave1982 wrote: »
    He has a point about Frans Teeth

He was shown getting false teeth at the start of the episode.

False teeth can be taken out at will.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭small town girl

I'd be raving about this episode if there was another to close out the series, but as the final episode in series I think it left too many major story lines unfinished. I'll definitely be watching Series 5, no question of that - but am not overly pleased with tempo of Series 4

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

alias06 wrote: »
    Was this nidge losing it from the stress of it all? His way of taking his anger out on the cops?

Or was it his way of showing that nothing can hurt him ? On another note, do we know anything about Moynihan's personal life. Does he have a wife/girlfriend. Could we see something developing between himself and Siobhan next season ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

dave1982 wrote: »
    He has a point about Frans Teeth
    Does Fran not just have false teeth and keep taking them out. Its fairly realistic my ma does the same except for the murdering and dealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭alias06

Sandwlch wrote: »
    I just thought it was a hell of a let down finale after a very good series.

I think a lot of people would have like to see it end in a blood bath. But I doubt its that easy for an Irish production to kill off so many of their best characters/actors given that they want to make another season. The dentist and the young lad were actually killed.

It actually had me up off the couch when I was looking a tommy bleeding from the ears and wondering what was going to happen to him. It tapped into a lot of emotion with Tommy and Siobhan and Moyihan. It was a powerful piece of drama in fairness that sets things up brilliantly for the next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Right....

Wayne got shot for being with nidge when the failed hit came on the traveller - not because he slagged a kid over a failed wheelie :rolleyes:

Fran got false teeth put in, which believe it or not, meant he could take them back out.

Was nidge at the cop shop to sign - after coming out of custody.

Overall i looked forward to watching it every sunday night - haven't been able to say that about any tele programme in a long time - more so a "homegrown" one.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Flying Spaghetti Monster

Lol at the people crying over the ending. Poor Stuart Carolan, he really deserves better praise. He's probably wasting his audience here in Ireland where all he's getting is abuse from country yokels barely able to spell when he could be producing bigger projects abroad and getting the recognition for it. Overall, definitely not my favourite season but I am interested to see what they'll do with Season 5. I really liked the part where Tommy very subtly makes fun of Nidge's sloppy attempt to butter him up and he makes a fool out of him when he tells us he knows who hit Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sabhail

I think nidge ordered Wayne hit cos of him and Lizzie being in nidges house.doesn't make sense it being because of attack on Patrick...
    So is tommy's memory coming back too in season 5... Looks like it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Blay wrote: »
    Nidge did it to tidy up things...he was already familiar with Wayne's friend...was clearly his hit.

Patrick had nothing to do with it...you can tell by him that he hasn't a clue how to move forward.

But what is the benefit to nidge? All Patrick has to say is 'Nidge', no one would be looking to Wayne to confirm it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

Pen.Island wrote: »
    this is my first series watching and missed first half of last weeks.

What happened with the traveller guy? Why was he considering going to england?

the Antiques Roadshow was on. He's a massive fan and had some lead he stole off a roof and was trying to flog it off saying it was antique lead.

I'm really glad they included the Keith Duffy/gym indtructor come dealer story, it was vital to the plot of the whole season and that last scene with him talking to nidge tied up all loose ends.

Utter sh*te...terrible writing, disjointed nonsensical muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭tricolorbob1987

Is it just me or is the show pretty much right back where it was at the start of the season?
    Like I know dano and the other girl are gone and there's some cops now but still it's back where it was.
    Imo they shouldn't have made Tommy as brain damaged as he is, the show relies on Nidge and Fran too much and it could've done with the old Tommy around to even it out a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

maybe the script writer would agree with us but only has the budget he has given and has decided to go down this route. The ending might not please most people but it does set it up very good for next seasons. Had they had a bigger budget there perhaps might have been more episodes to wrap this up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Sandwlch

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    *Puts on Sex Pistols*

Well beaten by Mozza and the finale to series 3. Remember how much better that was.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mYUMctFm60

Wasn't Patrick seen driving through customs with his wife and kids and all his belongs in the van?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    He was shown getting false teeth at the start of the episode.

False teeth can be taken out at will.

Fcking Rte live player I missed that, came on with the sobg playing a nidge driving thought it was the start :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Happyman42 wrote: »
    But what is the benefit to nidge? All Patrick has to say is 'Nidge', no one would be looking to Wayne to confirm it.

Is Patrick really going to tell Fran 'Sorry I didn't tell you before but Nidge killed your wife'. Fran would take that well alright...you can tell that Patrick doesn't know what to do about the situation.

There was really no hassle with Patrick..Nidge made it a problem with his paranoia. If Patrick was going to tell anyone he'd have done it by now but he hasn't so Nidge tied up his own loose ends.

Lol at the people crying over the ending. Poor Stuart Carolan, he really deserves better praise. He's probably wasting his audience here in Ireland where all he's getting is abuse from country yokels barely able to spell when he could be producing bigger projects abroad and getting the recognition for it. Overall, definitely not my favourite season but I am interested to see what they'll do with Season 5.

I was about to give you thumbs up as you were doing so well and making such good points until you went down this road. :mad:

I do have to laugh at some Dublin people's tendency to assume country people are the fault of everything going wrong with Ireland. The sheer arrogance and cheek.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Love Hate was never a programme that had a story line that spanned over several seasons, like Breaking Bad for example. Every season up until now had things mostly resolved in the end. I'm not going to be holding my breath waiting 12 months for a payoff that I was expecting this year.

This season made the mistake Dexter made a couple of times; it wrapped up one thread unexpectedly early (with Lizzie having a meltdown and going to jail), and then it started a new thread (Nidge getting paranoid about the traveller).

It would have been better if the various story lines had all been introduced at the start and resolved near the end, rather than being handled one after the other. The payoff can be something other than expected, but has to come when it's expected (not unexpectedly early, or next year).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Is Patrick really going to tell Fran 'Sorry I didn't tell you before but Nidge killed your wife'. Fran would take that well alright...you can tell that Patrick doesn't know what to do about the situation.

There was really no hassle with Patrick..Nidge's made it a problem with his paranoia. If Patrick was going to tell anyone he'd have done it by now but he hasn't so Nidge tied up his own loose ends.

The loose end is Patrick surely? He can still tell Fran what Nidge tried to silence. Wayne's killing didn't solve that.
    Very confused writing, ambiguous is good, confused isn't.

There was really no hassle with Patrick..Nidge made it a problem with his paranoia. If Patrick was going to tell anyone he'd have done it by now but he hasn't so Nidge tied up his own loose ends.

Patrick is still a ticking bomb. His character is set up nicely for next season.

Imo they shouldn't have made Tommy as brain damaged as he is, the show relies on Nidge and Fran too much and it could've done with the old Tommy around to even it out a bit.

I miss the old Tommy too. He is one of my favourite characters. But the tragedy of what has happened to Tommy (and as a consequence for Siobhan and Leighdon) adds a depth of emotion to the series and portrays the dreadful real consequences of criminal violence. The Tommy-Siobhan-Moynihan plot is for me the most powerful sub-plot in the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

.................. I really liked the part where Tommy very subtly makes fun of Nidge's sloppy attempt to butter him up and he makes a fool out of him when he tells us he knows who hit Darren.

He got that wrong though; Nidge tried and failed to kill Darren and then Lizzie actually did it. That whole conversation served no purpose to the plot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 645 ✭✭✭loveBBhate

jos28 wrote: »
    :confused::confused::confused:
    Strange ending, maybe I'm stupid but I just didn't get the last scene. Wtf was the p1ssing on the milk and tearing his diddies off all about. And who ordered the hit on Wayne ? And the continuity errors - what was going on with Fran's teeth, now you see them, now you don't.

:confused:

Only way I can make sense of this is that you streamed it on the RTE player with a really really bad internet connection that kept skipping and coincidentally in the most unfortunate way missed all the important parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

There's a couple if things that really bugged me this season. And with a couple of twists the writers could have made it a lot better.

Why have the IRA women arrested for a spot if road rage, When they could have had Nidge cut her down with a samurai sword? Resulting in the young fella swapping side as he did.

Why have Debbie die in such a pointless meaningless way, when they could have had The Dentist accidentally kill her in some kind of kinky sex act. Leaving him to be used by Nidge in the same way as he was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Flying Spaghetti Monster

I was about to give you thumbs up as you were doing so well and making such good points until you went down this road. :mad:

I do have to laugh at some Dublin people's tendency to assume country people are the fault of everything going wrong with Ireland. The sheer arrogance and cheek.

It's true though. You seem the same ****e on facebook when people comment things like 'Love tommy xx' on the love/hate page, lmao. I didn't assume anything, I'm just saying the Love/Hate fanbase is vastly composed of these people.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement