Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ENCON80

Happyman42 wrote: »
    But what is the benefit to nidge? All Patrick has to say is 'Nidge', no one would be looking to Wayne to confirm it.

are you for real?

it was a botched hit.he has made ultimately sure that no-one can hear about it by killing the one guy who was at it when it got botched. one less guy that can let it get back to fran

deary me, i echo the sentiments above about carolan being wasted on the culchies.
    bring back glenroe for the great unwashed who would prefer to see biddy milking a cow than to get confused with the technical nuances of a brilliant crime drama

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Love Hate was never a programme that had a story line that spanned over several seasons, like Breaking Bad for example. Every season up until now had things mostly resolved in the end. I'm not going to be holding my breath waiting 12 months for a payoff that I was expecting this year.

This season made the mistake Dexter made a couple of times; it wrapped up one thread unexpectedly early (with Lizzie having a meltdown and going to jail), and then it started a new thread (Nidge getting paranoid about the traveller).

It would have been better if the various story lines had all been introduced at the start and resolved near the end, rather than being handled one after the other. The payoff can be something other than unexpected, but has to come when it's expected (not unexpectedly early, or next year).

Not enough episodes for that.

They only get six episodes to work with so it was always going to be somewhat rushed. It just can't be helped when they are so restricted.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭alias06

Patrick is still a ticking bomb. His character is set up nicely for next season.

Yes I totally agree. He comes across as a real likable character. Keeps himself to himself and doesn't want any trouble. But will he show himself to be as hard as nails in the next season? I think so. I think he is one not to be underestimated.

He got that wrong though; Nidge tried and failed to kill Darren and then Lizzie actually did it. That whole conversation served no purpose to the plot.

Sort of showed though the whole rumour mill circulating around gangland. You really cant trust anyone and everyone talks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

dave1982 wrote: »
    He has a point about Frans Teeth

He doesn't. Showed him at the start putting a false tooth (denture) in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

Is it just me or is the show pretty much right back where it was at the start of the season?

This was pretty much acknowledged when Nidge told Fran they are back to square one. This was a round in the fight between the Guards and Nidge and the guards just drew some blood. Bring on next season!

mfceiling wrote: »
    Right....

Wayne got shot for being with nidge when the failed hit came on the traveller - not because he slagged a kid over a failed wheelie :rolleyes:

Fran got false teeth put in, which believe it or not, meant he could take them back out.

Was nidge at the cop shop to sign - after coming out of custody.

Overall i looked forward to watching it every sunday night - haven't been able to say that about any tele programme in a long time - more so a "homegrown" one.

The slagging over the failed wheelie showed how Wayne was outgrowing his mate due to his new association and thus the mate was getting extremely jealous. Therefore he probably offered his services to Nidge and Nidge accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Happyman42 wrote: »
    The loose end is Patrick surely? He can still tell Fran what Nidge tried to silence. Wayne's killing didn't solve that.
    Very confused writing, ambiguous is good, confused isn't.

He is a loose end but he can't reach him atm. Think of it from Nidge's perspective..he hasn't got a bullet in the head yet so Patrick has kept quiet and the longer he keeps quiet the more chance he'll stay quiet..so he thinks to himself..'I'll take Wayne out as he's a danger and he's close and I'll play the waiting game with Patrick and see if be comes out of hiding.

Better one loose end than two.

Not saying it's the best storyline in the world but it can be made somewhat realistic with a bit of twisting.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bob50

I cant believe they killed off the youngfella wayne I thought he was nidges apprentice and would have a bigger role in next years series

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Not enough episodes for that.

They only get six episodes to work with so it was always going to be somewhat rushed. It just can't be helped when they are so restricted.

Yeah, but they managed it before. Even season 1, with 4 episodes, was structured better and ended better. (John Boys's brother's death, Darren & John Boy talking outside the pub after the funeral, the surprise reappearance of Stumpy)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

ENCON80 wrote: »
    are you for real?

it was a botched hit.he has made ultimately sure that no-one can hear about it by killing the one guy who was at it when it got botched. one less guy that can let it get back to fran

This, plus the fact the guy easily jumped ship to nidges side shows that he cant be trusted and has no sense of loyalty. Maybe in the next season we will see Nidge getting his head blown off by the kid who shot wayne and an up and coming kid making ways in the drug trade as is often enough the case in real life anyway.

Son0vagun wrote: »
    There's a couple if things that really bugged me this season. And with a couple of twists the writers could have made it a lot better.

Why have the IRA women arrested for a spot if road rage, When they could have had Nidge cut her down with a samurai sword? Resulting in the young fella swapping side as he did.

Why have Debbie die in such a pointless meaningless way, when they could have had The Dentist accidentally kill her in some kind of kinky sex act. Leaving him to be used by Nidge in the same way as he was.

You could have too much death and murder for a Dublin crime series which would make it unrealistic. Debbie died in a pointless meaningless way as so many prostitutes and drug addicts do. I thought this was quite realistic tbh.

bob50 wrote: »
    I cant believe they killed off the youngfella wayne I thought he was nidges apprentice and would have a bigger role in next years series

Wayne was getting cocky and probably thought the same but the new kid Glen wanted a piece of gangland and Wayne was in his way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Pen.Island wrote: »
    this is my first series watching and missed first half of last weeks.

What happened with the traveller guy? Why was he considering going to england?

Ha, yeah.

Here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

padma wrote: »
    This, plus the fact the guy easily jumped ship to nidges side shows that he cant be trusted and has no sense of loyalty. Maybe in the next season we will see Nidge getting his head blown off by the kid who shot wayne and an up and coming kid making ways in the drug trade as is often enough the case in real life anyway.

spot on! also at the start of the espisode it showed wayne hanging round with a big gang, nidge was watching him...he couldn't be trusted, l reckon nidge thought this fella is gonna get all high and mighty bout himself, the fella was too young to trust.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭space2ground1

Has it happened before that two seasons would be shown a short time apart, or it generally always a year?

Why was nidge released when he got arrested?? l think they have messed up that part...how come he was thrown in the cell when he turned up outside the garda station?

He got that wrong though; Nidge tried and failed to kill Darren and then Lizzie actually did it. That whole conversation served no purpose to the plot.

There was some truth in what Tommy said. Nidge did try to have Darren clipped. It was only by chance he got away and Lizzie caught up with him. It shows Tommy can still remember some things and this is very dangerous for Nidge. It adds to the suspense for what is going to happen in the next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

ENCON80 wrote: »
    are you for real?

it was a botched hit.
    So what?
    he has made ultimately sure that no-one can hear about it by killing the one guy who was at it when it got botched. one less guy that can let it get back to fran

Patrick can still tell Fran...you know, 'the original reason' Wayne and him where there to kill Patrick in the first place.
    Wayne gets killed, Patrick is still alive and dangerous to somebody who is supposedly clinically paranoid?

Can you see Fran looking for coroborating witnesses if Patrick tells him what he knows...I don't think the character Nidge could see that either.

Why was nidge released when he got arrested?? l think they have messed up that part...how come he was thrown in the cell when he turned up outside the garda station?

Can't link him to the lidocaine and he pissed on the guards milk..that's a breach of the Offences Against the State act:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭blackvalley

Blay wrote: »
    He knew about the traveller and Tommy was going to choke on his own blood.
    Ok I get it about Tommy But as far as attack on traveller was conserned I cannot see the logic in killing young lad .There were no witnesses to traveller assault the traveller was not going to the guards about it so who could young lad squeal to about it or to what end
    Still confused :confused:

Can't link him to the lidocaine and he pissed on the guards milk..that's a breach of the Offences Against the State act:pac:

why couldnt they link he tho? l know they didnt have photographs but they had all the audio tapes?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I think they could have ended it at the scene with Nidge lying in bed with Trish. A better ending imo Nidge back home with his wife

Ok I get it about Tommy But as far as attack on traveller was conserned I cannot see the logic in killing young lad .There were no witnesses to traveller assault the traveller was not going to the guards about it so who could young lad squeal to about it or to what end
    Still confused :confused:

Wrong word is front of Fran about attacking a lad in a shed and he connects Patrick being missing to Nidge.

He was released when he got arrested because all the cops had on him was that he was in a warehouse where a man (Tommy) collapsed. The shipment of drugs hadn't arrived so they could prove nothing.

Once Nidge pissed on the milk cartons - that is an offence - urinating in public - so they threw him in the cell.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,340 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

dave1982 wrote: »
    I think they could have ended it at the scene with Nidge lying in bed with Trish.

And the Lithuanian bird on the other side of him. Big smile on his face. Perfect ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

The ****ing universe?

Boards should write series 5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

walshb wrote: »
    Not a single mention or reference to the young lad getting killed. Do we infer that he was shot by his mate because his mate didn't approve of getting slagged over his wheelie skills?

It was mentioned/referenced, pretty clearly in fact. Right at the start when the go ahead was given to kill him by Nidge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Keith duffys character didn't have much relevance I thought.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

He is a loose end but he can't reach him atm. Think of it from Nidge's perspective..he hasn't got a bullet in the head yet so Patrick has kept quiet and the longer he keeps quiet the more chance he'll stay quiet..so he thinks to himself..'I'll take Wayne out as he's a danger and he's close and I'll play the waiting game with Patrick and see if be comes out of hiding.

Better one loose end than two.

Not saying it's the best storyline in the world but it can be made somewhat realistic with a bit of twisting.

Makes a bit more sense now.Unnecessarily confused though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement