Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

Where are you getting Dublin from? I'm from the south. I wasn't saying there are specific locations in Ireland densely populated by morons, but you just assume I'm a Dub :rolleyes:

The 'country yokel' remark is like something a Dub would say. But i do apologise, your either a self hating country yokel or worse.....a towny ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭bishopmuzorewa

Why didn't the cops hold off until the container arrived at the warehouse?.they would have nabbed them then?..why jump the gun?..don't say to save tommy !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Makes a bit more sense now.Unnecessarily confused though.

It's paper thin but we have to go with it:pac:

Dots1982 wrote: »
    Keith duffys character didn't have much relevance I thought.

Say he might be used more next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

alias06 wrote: »
    He was released when he got arrested because all the cops had on him was that he was in a warehouse where a man (Tommy) collapsed. The shipment of drugs hadn't arrived so they could prove nothing.

Once Nidge pissed on the milk cartons - that is an offence - urinating in public - so they threw him in the cell.

did he piss on the milk to get arrested so?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

I see all the South Dubs posting here, like they're real gangsters in the know. ROTFL

Take a trip to the Country sometime if you want to see some real heavy shít. Where the hell do ye think the ra hang out? :pac:

Back into ye're D4 King Coil mattresses, it's bed time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Why didn't the cops hold off until the container arrived at the warehouse?.they would have nabbed them then?..why jump the gun?..don't say to save tommy !!!

So you want a lie then?

It was clearly to save Tommy..guards would have been fcuked out of the court for watching a mentally damaged man choke to death on his own blood and doing nothing.

Imagine the PR 'Guards bust drug ring but let man die in process'.

Brings a bit of realism anyway...guards don't always get their man.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Flying Spaghetti Monster

ENCON80 wrote: »
    i see the ear to the ground folk are wading in with their anti dublin snipes. if ye spent more time at school and less time baling hay, im sure a programme like love hate wwouldnt be lost on you all

if you dont come from a city, you wouldnt get it

Lmao, I can see the country boys getting mad over this. That being said though, I come from a farming background in the hills where there isn't any 02 coverage. I agree that there are a large portion of culchies unable to appreciate the time and effort pumped into season 4, the same goes for citygoers. The problem is the fanbase overall doesn't go beneath the surface and are constantly on the horn for bang bang murders and violence. When they see a drought of this, they bombard the show with insults, not appreciating the quality acting and thought. Shame. Also LMAO at the butthurt people labelling us all automatically as Dubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭tricolorbob1987

Because then if it got out that the guards let a man bleed to death on camera they would all be out of the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

it was to save tommy, because your man feels sorry for him and siobhan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

It shows the difference between the good guys and the bad. The bad would leave him to die and not call an ambulance. The good guys won't put anything ahead of saving a man's life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Parking aside the merits of the final scene itself TVL gave an astonishing performance of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Just watched it on RTE +1 as the missus had to watch Downton.

That was a total anticlimax and waste. In the earlier episodes they did a good job of creating tension but they just pissed it away.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 johnsuperf

I cant understand why fran did not get dental implants instead of the false teeth he got seen as he knows the dentist so well and chances are he would not have been charged for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Tmeos

Firstly - I liked it, I really liked it. I know it was a bit more open ended than previous seasons but in fairness we can't just have characters murdered left right and centre for the sake of it.

For example someone above suggested Debbie being murdered in some kinky sex act by the dentist. The reality of heroin addiction is much more like the end given to Debbie in this series.

Second, the Wayne thing to me was obvious that Nidge wanted rid to make less connections between him and the Traveller.

Nidge was not in prison at the end!!! He's in the holding cell at the station for antagonising the Gardai, he'd be held for a few hours. Personally I liked it and thought it was a powerful scene, just demonstrating how far over the edge he's gone/been pushed. Loved the music and thought Tom Vaughan Lawlor was intense.

If we're nitpicking, I was wondering why the Gardai had no one on Fran when the shipment was coming in (while he killed the dentist) seeing as they had a lot of manpower and know Fran is Nidge's no 2 and has been in contact w the dentist. I shall let it go for the sake of a pretty disturbing murder though.

The other thing that has been puzzling me is why was Robert Sheehan filming in Dublin for this season? There was no flashbacks or dream sequences other than from previous seasons. They must have cut it.

Think I have been reading this thread too much as even the last 5 minutes I was waiting for the Traveller to pipe bomb Nidge's house and kill Warren!! (Still think that would have been a great storyline for Nidge's character!)

Overall not my favourite season but thoroughly enjoyed it and am wondering what to do with my Sunday nights now!

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭alias06

Ok I get it about Tommy But as far as attack on traveller was conserned I cannot see the logic in killing young lad .There were no witnesses to traveller assault the traveller was not going to the guards about it so who could young lad squeal to about it or to what end
    Still confused :confused:

How could Nidge be sure the young lad would keep his mouth shut? Nidge never gave a toss about that young and when it became to risky to keep him around he had him killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭stretchdoe

Say he might be used more next season.

I think they should incorporate Mikey Graham too.

The ideal final series would see Nidge/Fran and the boys somehow cross swords with the hero from Fatal Deviation and face his wrath.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Cartel Mike

Guys I'm drunk only saw the last 1/2 hour on RTE + 1 .
    Confused.

Is Aido am Informer?

Yea or Nay?

Lmao, I can see the country boys getting mad over this. That being said though, I come from a farming background in the hills where there isn't any 02 coverage. I agree that there are a large portion of culchies unable to appreciate the time and effort pumped into season 4, the same goes for citygoers. The problem is the fanbase overall doesn't go beneath the surface and are constantly on the horn for bang bang murders and violence. When they see a drought of this, they bombard the show with insults, not appreciating the quality acting and thought. Shame.

Now i do really think you hit the nail on the head when you say this. There is as you correctly alluded to, people who are just not on the same intellectual plane as others in watching this show. Probably the majority of viewers to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

ENCON80 wrote: »
    i see the ear to the ground folk are wading in with their anti dublin snipes. if ye spent more time at school and less time baling hay, im sure a programme like love hate wwouldnt be lost on you all

if you dont come from a city, you wouldnt get it

Hay is bailed when the sun shines in the summer so the culchies are off school ya thick heroin dealing junkie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I thought this season was good with a lot of tension and plot lines built up but **** ending with very little resolved. I get that there is another season to come but a year is too long to wait.

Feel like I just got a Playstation for Xmas and am then told I will get the games next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Confused.

Is Aido am Informer?

Yea or Nay?

Drunk may be a major understatement !

Watch it tomorrow on rte player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭TBP

Lmao, I can see the country boys getting mad over this. That being said though, I come from a farming background in the hills where there isn't any 02 coverage. I agree that there are a large portion of culchies unable to appreciate the time and effort pumped into season 4, the same goes for citygoers. The problem is the fanbase overall doesn't go beneath the surface and are constantly on the horn for bang bang murders and violence. When they see a drought of this, they bombard the show with insults, not appreciating the quality acting and thought. Shame.

I think the clown that said there above that Carolan was wasted on us culchies and you banging on about the quality acting and thought involved in the show are after getting sucked into all the hype. It's a good drama but no where near as good as some of ye are making it out to be. Let me know when Carolan lands a big job and when any of these mighty actors go onto something bigger than Corrie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

The show has a few ways to go. What will happen though is nidge will more than likely meet a cruel ending, or the hero Irish justice system will bring him down, either way he's the scumbag who'll get his comeuppance. Rte have a choice to either glorify him as it has done or else show the good guys always win etc.

Patrick could come back with a whole load of family members who wouldn't blink an eye at taking out all nidges crew.

Tommy will work at getting back in to nidges gang in a meaningful way and siobhan will help to bring nidge down.

Or a whole load of new kids can come on the block and make a tit for tat gang war for a season to drag it to the next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,522 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

WTF was that ending :confused: awful sh*te

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

Confused.

Is Aido am Informer?

Yea or Nay?

You're beyond drunk if that's what you took from it!

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭alias06

johnsuperf wrote: »
    I cant understand why fran did not get dental implants instead of the false teeth he got seen as he knows the dentist so well and chances are he would not have been charged for them.

Getting dental implants involves fairly serious surgery - drilling into the bone etc. Fran might have just been happy with the falsies.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,501 ✭✭✭Heroditas

gandalf wrote: »
    Just watched it on RTE +1 as the missus had to watch Downton.

That was a total anticlimax and waste. In the earlier episodes they did a good job of creating tension but they just pissed it away.

I was in the same boat as you!

For me the main problem is too many characters and storylines and not enough episodes. It could easily do with having 10-12 episodes per session now. It's developed so much from seasons 1 & 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Absolutely atrocious season, clearly the writers have lost all sense of purpose after season 3, and have no idea where to go. Really, really poorly written and I feel the extra cash thrown at the show did more harm then good.

Nidge is paranoid, we get it. The pipe bombers story arc was ENTIRELY pointless now. While I had thought Fran had secured some pipe bombs to do Nidge ( Close to the end "What goes around comes around Nidgey" set alarm bells off) instead it was an episode directed completely at highlighting Nidges paranoia, already obviously defined in not just this season already, but last season aswell.

The Dentist character could have been interesting. An educated man to assist in the financials could have opened some interesting exploits but instead we have him offering his services, in the next episode getting flipped by the cops and in the following episode killed. Nothing was allowed develop, just rushed and trying to pack in filler.

To be honest I could go on all night, but clearly a situation where the creators got offered more cash and a fat budget and went onto write a pretty dreary filler season, which contained a ridiculous amount of Dublin scenery and shots to mask up the lack of content, and introducing new high salary cast members who were barely utilised.

This show will have to do alot to get me back into watching it, and if I'm honest appears alot of people going by tonights reaction. Love Hate was never a brilliant show,it was getting praise because it was a decent show coming from an Irish broadcaster. It lived on a knife edge and the minute it dipped, would kill it.

Long way back for them now. Makes me angry, just in that it is such a blatant case of presenting rubbish for the cash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Wow, some amount of condescending "I'm a better fan than you" bull**** being posted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement