Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

I think Robert Sheehan is kind of miscast,he's just way too pretty to be beliveable as a Dublin criminal.He looks like an Italian model.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Haven't seen it but some of my mates were talking about it at the weekend, how does it compare in watchability terms to the likes of The Sopranos or Romanzo Criminale?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

Haven't seen it but some of my mates were talking about it at the weekend, how does it compare in watchability terms to the likes of The Sopranos or Romanzo Criminale?

I've never seen Romanzo Criminale but nothing compares to The Sopranos! Definitely not Love/hate anyway!

I seem to be in the minority but I think a lot of the acting in Love/hate is really bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cosanostra

No its not! if it is I'm gonna personally give the writers a slap. It would be the definition of stupidity.

Any info like this - if it had to be anywhere else except his head, would be on an encrypted storage device of some sort. Uncrackable, like True-crypt.

I'm hoping it was just his passport.

& for the love of god can we please get rid of Rosie. Little moany bitch, who just wants her Darren back...bla bla bla....go back to england. Gangland was better with you there. Still wouldn't ride her.

It was a book of account numbers in spain and elsewhere, where tommys woman was lodging the money, in one of the episodes the dodgy accountant guy tells JB how to avoid cab by setting up accounts all over the place and keep a book with the numbers

^^^^ You see this writers ^^^^^ its a disgrace ^^^^ I could buy this in "murder she wrote" but this....c'mom. Tsk tsk.

I agree with you there, more shameful writing a few weeks ago when Fran and Johnboy were discussing the drug deal and Fran said to him "so do you mix it yourselves?" and Johnboy said "yea, there's more money in it that way" :D

I knew right then that Fran was never going to make it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

These guys are not meant to be master criminals - like their real-life counterparts, they're mostly dumb thugs with too much money on their hands. Any cop in any country will tell you that the idiots they are chasing are not smart. For instance, killing your enemy in any public place is not smart. Making business decisions while wired on coke is not a good idea.
    Mastermind criminals do exist but they are either in politics / legit business and/or so far up the foodchain from JohnBoy etc. as to be invisible.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

These guys are not meant to be master criminals - like their real-life counterparts, they're mostly dumb thugs with too much money on their hands. Any cop in any country will tell you that the idiots they are chasing are not smart. For instance, killing your enemy in any public place is not smart. Making business decisions while wired on coke is not a good idea.
    Mastermind criminals do exist but they are either in politics / legit business and/or so far up the foodchain from JohnBoy etc. as to be invisible.

JohnBoy is a far cry from Gus in Breaking Bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Dempsey wrote: »
    JohnBoy is a far cry from Gus in Breaking Bad!

Apart from the fact that both now have half a head ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Maestro07

Exactly like Floating voter said they're mostly dumb thugs with too much money on their hands, we're not talking Goodfellas here with a bit of Mastermind & class.

Darren & Luke done the hit on JB & agreed Rosie has to go, I just fast-forward the scenes with her & Darren.

Luke will be taking a bullet in the head from Darren in the 3rd series Imo.

• Advertisement

JB is dead...Long live the Nidge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Maestro07 wrote: »
    Luke will be taking a bullet in the head from Darren in the 3rd series Imo.

more likely to be the other way around I'd say - for logistical reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭gizmo73

Hi,
    does anyone know where i can watch season 2 from start?? RTE player only have last 2 episodes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

gizmo73 wrote: »
    Hi,
    does anyone know where i can watch season 2 from start?? RTE player only have last 2 episodes

Looks like you'll have to wait till the DVD comes out.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭gizmo73

el diablo wrote: »
    Looks like you'll have to wait till the DVD comes out.

thats what im afraid of

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Anyone else think the trailer for next Sunday is giving too much away ? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Would also like to watch from the start. Only seen 3 episodes and really liked what I saw. Tried contacting RTE but only got a generic reply so looking like I'll have to wait for the DVD :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,720 ✭✭✭larchielads

somethin tells me johnboy isnt dead at all ,yeah i know we see him get shot in the face and as a result its a "closed casket". so we dont actually see a body in it. but anyone remember johnboy talkin to his lawyer or someone, he wants to got spain cos CAB are up his hole and stuff. maybe faked his death or somethin???? somethin fishy about that........

i cant explain why nidge goes back gloved up to take his little black book full of contacts and bank account numbers(i assume thats whats in it anyway) maybe johnboy has told nidge about his little stash in the decking (johnboy not knowing nidge already knew)before he "died" and nidges orders were to meet johnboy in spain with the little black book so in turn nidges plans of gettin his hands on the little black book for himself are gone out the window and his plan to take over is thwatred for another season or two??

after all ive said im more than likely wrong but it would make for a good twist if johnboy was still alive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭chimmy chonga

Brilliant show - makes me wonder which school of acting the cast of Fair City went to!

Brilliant show - makes me wonder which school of acting the cast of Fair City went to!

:eek:
    You think they went to a school of acting?

• Advertisement

:eek:
    You think they went to a school of acting?

Maybe they're all billy barry kids? They seemed to all disappear never to be heard of again :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭jonsnow

I think the whole John-Boy on the monitor scene was to tip Nidge off that heavy weighs the crown.Ok he is top dog now but that means the pressure and paranoia will really pile on as he is now the number one target for any ambitious lieutenant.John-boys ravaged eyes indicate that for a mob boss peace of mind is a thing of the past.I mean John Boy was pretty cool collected and even charming in the first season- so much so that he was never fully convincing- but once he started to come apart at the seams in the second series he was totally plausible as an unhinged paranoid and extremely dangerous man who had become hooked on the power of killing.

Great episode.Great series.Sure there are flaws but truthfully are they any worse and more implausible than the serial killer storyline in the 5th season of the wire.

Can't say I was surprised by the john-boys demise as he had systematically pissed everyone off and had started making terrible decisions (which is what happens in real life with these guys) but it was very well done.Credit where credit is due this show is very enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

jonsnow wrote: »
    I think the whole John-Boy on the monitor scene was to tip Nidge off that heavy weighs the crown.

Shakespeares "uneasy lies the head that wears the crown" was exactly what came to mind when I saw that scene. The beginning of Nidge's downfall hinted at in his moment of triumph.

I criticised Aiden Gillen in an earlier post (before season 2) for being the weak link, but he's been superb in this series. Shame he wasn't available to do further eps, even a few cameos as the main man in Spain would have been welcome.
    Would have been a far easier sell to HBO or whoever with Gillen in 16 or 18 episodes. (Damn Game Of Thrones and Tom Thorne for being successes!)

Not quite sure where it goes from here - I don't really care about the Luke/Mary/Darren/Rosie thing, and Fran v Nidge won't get me back for another series. Gillen kinda held it together, and the last scene would have a glorious season-ender.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,459 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Apart from the fact that both now have half a head ;)

Well thanks for ruining that for me.

The guy that plays Nidge was on the radio yesterday and he sounds completely different in real life. Now that's acting. The motley crew in Fair City sounds exactly the same in real life (the ones I heard that is) so no acting there. Maybe that's why Fair City was never sold abroad - it's awful!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

The guy that plays Nidge was on the radio yesterday and he sounds completely different in real life. Now that's acting. The motley crew in Fair City sounds exactly the same in real life (the ones I heard that is) so no acting there. Maybe that's why Fair City was never sold abroad - it's awful!
    In fairness there's more to acting than the ability to speak with a different accent. Otherwise Mario Rosenstock would be a major Hollywood movie star........:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

i cant explain why nidge goes back gloved up to take his little black book full of contacts and bank account numbers(i assume thats whats in it anyway)

I can. He now has the latest shipment of cash and with the numbers and (possibly the ID) Johnboy was using he will be able to access all the money in off-shore accounts.
    maybe johnboy has told nidge about his little stash in the decking (johnboy not knowing nidge already knew)before he "died" and nidges orders were to meet johnboy in spain with the little black book so in turn nidges plans of gettin his hands on the little black book for himself are gone out the window and his plan to take over is thwatred for another season or two??

Why would Johnboy fake his death in that case in such a complicated manner with so many witnesses and not just disappear?

DeepBlue wrote: »
    In fairness there's more to acting than the ability to speak with a different accent. Otherwise Mario Rosenstock would be a major Hollywood movie star........:pac:
    I agree - but the guy that plays Nidge (Tom Vaughan Lawlor) is a superb actor in every sense of the word. There's no one in Fair City even close to this guy's ability as an actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I agree - but the guy that plays Nidge (Tom Vaughan Lawlor) is a superb actor in every sense of the word. There's no one in Fair City even close to this guy's ability as an actor.

At the risk of getting into a silly comparison game, Bryan Murray in Fair City has a lifetime of quality TV work (Strumpet City, The Irish R.M., a nation-stopping turn as Trevor Jordache in Brookside), and a stage career with over 50 roles in the Abbey and Gate, plus lots of work with the RSC and in the WestEnd in London.

Promising as he is Tom Vaughan-Lawlor isn't close to lacing Bryan Murray's boots yet.

• Advertisement

At the risk of getting into a silly comparison game, Bryan Murray in Fair City has a lifetime of quality TV work (Strumpet City, The Irish R.M., a nation-stopping turn as Trevor Jordache in Brookside), and a stage career with over 50 roles in the Abbey and Gate, plus lots of work with the RSC and in the WestEnd in London.

Promising as he is Tom Vaughan-Lawlor isn't close to lacing Bryan Murray's boots yet.
    Apart from the last line of your post I agree you have a point. But as for the rest.....I've seen better acting in school plays.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement