Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

How do you know FSN was a bad boy? Was there evidence?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Very good finale overall. I knew about Wayne getting killed and Nidge surviving but did not know about the dentist being killed. I am glad that Fran survived and setting up a Nidge v Fran season 5. Clearly, what is set up here is the seeds for season 5 and very well set up. Whatever about Nidge going to Spain (not mentioned tonight) but it will be a Nidge v Fran issue about gang control next time.

So, the dentist was no Walt White at the end but he was no saint either. I think he was too close to Nidge and believed rightly in what Nidge could achieve for him and Fran obviously knew this. Was he a victim? yes and no.

No sign of Lizzie. Or Tony. I guess the IRA story seems to be put to bed for now but only like the Fran/Linda one which is paramount to next series. No story in Love/Hate is ever in bed for too long! Anyway, it was a great 4 years and look forward to more next time around.

Fair deuce. Your in a minority of people that actually seem to think about the events in the show each week before giving your opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,255 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Pretzill wrote: »
    Oh I didn't say it was a plot hole merely a flaw. Funny how you can quote my post and I can't even find it. Seriously. I'm on the phone and invaribly have to check a post over afterwards because of the small screen and typos. But I can't see my last post.

Fair enough, I was wondering myself how they squeezed him in. Here's your post in case you're still looking for it http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=87446620#post87446620
    It wouldn't have killed them (pardon the pun) to have provided a bigger suitcase, because there isn't a hope in hell that the dentist would have fitted into that tiny thing. It's not nitpicking. I'm surprised somebody in the production crew didn't mention it during filming.

I know where you're both coming from - but it didn't make any difference one way or the other, it was just for dramatic effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bacon and Cabbage

Okay, let's say he was 5 foot 10. Do you still think he would have fitted in that suitcase? Especially considering the fact that he was of stocky build?

5 10 is stretching it still, I would guess 5 8 or less, 5 9 absolutely tops. And yeah I think you could fit him in there, he was dead so his body could probably be twisted into positions that would be painful yano?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

No DNA due to him being smothered with a bag and the water eventually removes any traces of DNA on the body. Also Fran used Bleach in the house.

He was in a suitcase, in the Canal. He would be discovered within a day.
    This is the guy who was cute enough to put a dead cow on top of Git.
    Implausible and ridiculous coupled with the actual killing.
    To clear your airways is an involuntary motion, it's why people who want to drown in still water put stones in their pockets, it's almost impossible because the body wants to breathe.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Neeson wrote: »

"Farah Swaleh Noor was 38-years-old at the time of his death. He arrived in Ireland in December 1996, claiming to be a Somalian called Sheilila Salim whose family had been killed in Mogadishu. Subsequent investigations revealed that he was in fact Kenyan and that his family was still alive. The Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform ordered that he be deported but he appealed and was granted citizenship in March 1999 on grounds he became the father of an Irish-born child. He had four previous convictions for offences including intoxication, threatening and abusive behaviour and assault. In 1997, he raped a mentally disabled 16 year-old Chinese girl. She later gave birth to a son. Two other women had children by him and both described having been raped by him.[11] Noor had faced eight charges of disorder and assault, one involving a sexual assault in which a knife was found at the scene by gardaí. He was convicted on three occasions but never served time in jail. Noor lived in a number of areas in Dublin, including Dun Laoghaire and Firhouse, as well as the inner city before moving in with Kathleen Mulhall. Gardaí described him as being particularly violent towards women.[12]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scissor_Sisters_(convicted_killers)

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Kikin

Okay, let's say he was 5 foot 10. Do you still think he would have fitted in that suitcase? Especially considering the fact that he was of stocky build?

Hey now come on, you're not allowed point out obvious errors or faults with the show, or criticize the writing. You have to just accept everything about the show at face value and marvel in it's flawless perfection :rolleyes:

5 10 is stretching it still, I would guess 5 8 or less, 5 9 absolutely tops. And yeah I think you could fit him in there, he was dead so his body could probably be twisted into positions that would be painful yano?

Yeah, cos one or two inches either way could really make a big difference :rolleyes:

Kikin wrote: »
    Hey now come on, you're not allowed point out obvious errors or faults with the show, or criticize the writing. You have to just accept everything about the show at face value and marvel in it's flawless perfection :rolleyes:

For the record I'm not a massive fan of the show and definitely not a fan of the series finale, I'm just pretty sure that a man the dentists size could fit in that suitcase

• Advertisement

Yeah, cos one or two inches either way could really make a big difference :rolleyes:

5 8 is 4 inches shorter than 6 foot genius not "one or two" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

the ending might not be nearly as disappointing to some if the the 5th series were to start in 6 months time as opposed to a year, perhaps?

For the record I'm not a massive fan of the show and definitely not a fan of the series finale, I'm just pretty sure that a man the dentists size could fit in that suitcase

Fair enough, I suppose Fran throwing the suitcase in an urban area where it would be found within hours probably, is the bigger plot hole

4 inches

The length of a finger.

The cops had just been at the door and the two of them where just going to leave lugging a man in a suitcase? :confused:

It was just entirely implausible. The willing suspension of disbelief snapped and fell on the floor.

5 8 is 4 inches shorter than 6 foot genius not "one or two" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Did you read what I said? "Suppose he was 5 foot 10?"

And by the way, he wasn't as short as 5' 8", and he was fairly stocky, so if you still think he would've fitted into that suitcase, then those :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: should really be reserved for your gullibility.

Kikin wrote: »
    Fair enough, I suppose Fran throwing the suitcase in an urban area where it would be found within hours probably, is the bigger plot hole

I thought 2 things

1) how come no surveillance on Fran
    2) the detectives didn't notice Fran's van parked outside the dentists house, granted it was not directly outside but a blue ****ty van (if that was what they were in , cant remember now) would be fairly noticeable in that area as well as being a known member of the gang's

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Benteke

Does it matter how tall he was? The whole point of the scene was it was a graphic murder and they deposed of him, He was dead I'm sure they could have twisted his bones in all different directions without him feeling it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Hard to fathom the volume of posts about whether Andrew would have fit in that suitcase. :)

Did you read what I said? "Suppose he was 5 foot 10?"

And by the way, he wasn't as short as 5' 8", and he was fairly stocky, so if you still think he would've fitted into that suitcase, then those :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: should really be reserved for your gullibility.

You started out saying over 6 foot actually, and I would like to know how you know for a fact that he wasn't 5 8? Seems like you are really confused about people's average height

Benteke wrote: »
    Does it matter how tall he was? The whole point of the scene was it was a graphic murder and they deposed of him, He was dead I'm sure they could have twisted his bones in all different directions without him feeling it

even had him bent over giving himself a bj to fit in the suitcase :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭yizorselves

Better not be a year wait for series 5, they can feck off

He's 1.75m which is 5.85 feet. ;) IMDB source

It was mentioned already and it was a good ending for him having to pay a hefty price for a root canal

You started out saying over 6 foot actually, and I would like to know how you know for a fact that he wasn't 5 8? Seems like you are really confused about people's average height

The actor who plays him was on The Saturday Night Show last night and he sure as hell didn't look 5 foot 8.
    I can't believe I'm having this silly conversation with you. The fact remains that unless he was a dwarf, he would not have fitted in that suitcase. End of story.

Hard to fathom the volume of posts about whether Andrew would have fit in that suitcase. :)

There's only one way to settle this and it could get messy

Every week. Guarantee these holes arent being picked in the US show threads. Just your typical begrudging miserable Irish b@stards. The ugly side of this country

The actor who plays him was on The Saturday Night Show last night and he sure as hell didn't look 5 foot 8.
    I can't believe I'm having this silly conversation with you. The fact remains that unless he was a dwarf, he would not have fitted in that suitcase. End of story.

Average height is around 5 10 I believe and he's definitely below average height so...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Eoin wrote: »
    Fair enough, I was wondering myself how they squeezed him in. Here's your post in case you're still looking for it http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=87446620#post87446620

I know where you're both coming from - but it did make any difference one way or the other, it was just for dramatic effect.

Thanks Eoin post still not showing up must be a glitch on my phone - Anyway can't properly remember what I said now but yes I can see why they used the suitcase and went the canal route with it - possibly couldn't find a bigger one because the dentist wife took it on holidays with her ;)

Anyway I think I was a little sideswiped by the lack of a firm ending to the series - I am a fan btw.

Doesn't mean I was truly looking for either main character to be killed off just a bigger allusion other than 'what comes around goes around'

Lets hope Violet the Lithuanian lass is in season 5 :):)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭chuckliddell

why did the dentist not just rip the bag?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement